Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC Model Store = Bad?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 01:00
LOL! Yeah, ladders! But then they sacrificed the ladders to implement a physics engine. Bah, humbug! We don't need realism!

Jokes aside, is the EA-demo still available for download? Would be nice to compare how much has changed over the years.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 03:13
Quote: "Like someone said, it stops the little kids from taking money out every time they get $5 and buying pokemon cards."

Me.

I loved the good ol days, where we didn't really know all of FPSC's features, and occasionally one of us found out how to use a new one (or trick it into it), like skyscroll and dual wielding (Butters, Butters).

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 10:54
Quote: "Like someone said, it stops the little kids from taking money out every time they get $5 and buying pokemon cards."

Lol!

I wouldn't advise that. Show a kid your pokemon cards these days and they'll call you a sad loser and walk off...

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 20:09
Quote: "...is the EA-demo still available for download?"

...nope, long been pulled.

Collector's item, if you're one of the lucky ones who has it...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 22:34
I've still got a disc with the original EA installer. Took me forever to download it originally through that ftp thing

I think I might have a shot at putting ladders in with AirMod. Some of the ladder code is still there, but since they took out the segments I'll have to dig around and figure out how they're defined as ladders. It should be a matter of figuring out whether you are going up or down and then applying velocity on the player correctly. And disabling gravity is easy.

Maybe I can even make it force you to put your weapon away I'd probably make that a scripting option though.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 22:53
...oh, the memories.

That FTP Download Manager rocked...

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 00:01 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 00:03
Quote: "Alrighty, some of you have posted some links to good looking freebies on Turbosquid. The first person to show one of those models in FPSC doing something meaningful wins a free character.

Importing them as a static model doesn't count, obviously.

Have I proven a point yet?"

Guys. even if he was serious, im pretty sure he stated that to make a point. (that last part may give it away!)

Importing models from turbosquid or anywhere else takes time for the expert, and is near impossible for the beginner. If you wish to download from turbosquid, then do so, but most of the people here like to focus on making games, not models or FPE's, and dont mind paying for content, ESPECIALLY when its as cheap as it is in the TGC store, so that's why it works for them...

This thread has went way off topic rather then debating about the store, so im afraid its time to lock it.

Next time, keep the posts relevant and on topic, and it'll stay open a little longer.

http://www.seqoiagames.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:03