Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So its time for a new FPSC Moderator

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 11:13
Quote: "Rick doesn't post in the TGC section?"

Not quite sure what that meant, but if you mean the FPSC section, you can answer that yourself...whens the last time you've seen him post on the FPSC boards?

Regardless, Rick is our boss...a moderator for us moderators if you will, so we really have no control over what he does.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 13:33 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 13:38
I would guess you are not talking about RickV. The other Rick I don't know and have not seen any of his posts in the FPSC forums, at least I haven't seen anybody with that sig. I personally would be offended by it, but not much one can do if it is allowed by TGC for other parts of the board. Because the younger crowd can access other parts of the board -- although it is unlikely they would -- I would say the rules should apply to the whole board and not just FPSC forums. Just MHO.

Quote: "I was going to say that but not until the bikini part of the contest..."

:ROFL:

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 18:46 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:37
[Mod Edit - Uman]
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:12
I made plystire an add.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:17
Bloodeath was trying to make a statement, and it failed. It just made him look uptight. Do you really need that signature? That's like arguing the whole "freedom of speech" thing when people tell you to shut up. EPIC FAIL
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:25
Thanks Inspire. I couldn't say that without sounding mean. If you feel that having little swear words in your post or sig is so important to the success of this forum, I wonder what leadership you would bring here. If you find yourself asking the question...
"If he can do it, why can't I?", you should probably wait a while before you aspire to any leadership position.

Best.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:26
When you sign up and whenever you post you agree to the terms of service and the acceptable usage policy.
If someone doesn't want to follow the rules then they don't have to post.
It's not really going to impress TGC when peeple can't have a reasonable debate.If you want thenm to take your opinion seriously then some of us need to act a bit more professional...we were having a reasonable discussion.Let's not let the actions of a few drag this thread down.
For the record it was Richard Davey who had that sig not Rick V.
I am sure that Rick or Rich aren't going to drop everything they are doing and address a sig they aren't even using anymore.
It's pointless.
Now please make some attempt to keep your discussion contained to the topic at hand.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:32
Lol @ that advert Hybrid.....

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:39 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:40
Quote: "If you feel that having little swear words in your post or sig is so important to the success of this forum, I wonder what leadership you would bring here."

Its not about that, its about proving a point. That the mods often do favor people, one day I come home to see like 8 showcase threads closed, because they dont have a demo, but then somebody like you xplosys(a high name on the forums) posts about a game, no demo, a few screen shots. It would never get locked unless you asked.(You were just an example, but it has happened with other people)

[Mod Edit - Uman]

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:48
That may be so, but to be honest, I couldn't really care less about the rules here, they're within reason as far as I'm concerned.....

I just come here, help the newbies that need help, check up on replies to my games, congratulate skilled modellors and level designers, and give constructive crit on work that needs it.....

<Off Topic>

Sorry, but since this thread gets alot of Mod attention, could someone please condense my name down to CoffeeGrunt, I think it'll look alot better. Thanks to whoever obliges.

</Off Topic>

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 19:55
i vote xplosys or nickydude

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 20:20
Quote: "i nominate FrankiePawnage5"

Dude he has only been here for like 3 months and he has been like 2 times.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 20:52
Quote: "Now please make some attempt to keep your discussion contained to the topic at hand."

That's actually kind of hard to do at this point lol.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 20:57
Quote: "That's actually kind of hard to do at this point lol."

Alright yes... I am calmed down, now back on topic...

We need to have an actual poll for this.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:13 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 21:14
Quote: "Say I walk into a nightclub, all of a sudden the bounces are my boss?"

In a sense, yes. You cause trouble in a nightclub they can take charge and tell you what to do, or even throw you out, they are there to keep the peace just like mods. What would be the point of having bouncers if they just stood by.

As for 'favouritism', perhaps allowing respected, helpful and non-argumentative members 'privileges' would allow other, more distrubtive members a reason to say "Hey, perhaps if I acted a bit better that I would be allowed these privileges."

Just a though.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:17
Quote: "In a sense, yes. You cause trouble in a nightclub they can take charge and tell you what to do, or even throw you out, they are there to keep the peace just like mods. What would be the point of having bouncers if they just stood by."

I was wondering where he was going with that lol. A bouncer is like the closest analogy to a MOD lol.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:20
...your name's not down... you're not coming in...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:22 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 21:29
[edit] Ha, let's not go off topic anymore, or at least try not to.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:31

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:32 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:43
Stop making fun of me...

Edit: Looks Like Fred

Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
I vote for plystire
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 22:00
People should stand up for what they believe in. It's the only way things get done anywhere. Martin Luther King stood up for what he believed in and he changed the world. I'm not saying if you can change the world but you could change these forums for the better.

What's the difference between FPSC chat and Geek Culture? Each one in just a click of a mouse away whether you are 8 or 72. There should be no difference. Both boards go by the same AUP so there IS no difference.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 22:17 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 22:17
Quote: "People should stand up for what they believe in. It's the only way things get done anywhere. Martin Luther King stood up for what he believed in and he changed the world. I'm not saying if you can change the world but you could change these forums for the better.

What's the difference between FPSC chat and Geek Culture? Each one in just a click of a mouse away whether you are 8 or 72. There should be no difference. Both boards go by the same AUP so there IS no difference.
"

Well I try and try but, there is no luck...

Edit: do you have email little bill?
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 22:18
I think the new moderator whoever it is should have modeling experience so they can make good decisions in the models and media board. We have people lying constantly and then the member who catches them will get noob slapped. I nominate myself.(Shameless I know)

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 22:58
Quote: "That the mods often do favor people"

I can guarentee you if you break the rules and I catch you I will moderate you if necessary...no exceptions.End of story.
You do the crime you do the time.
If the rules are followed then everybody's happy...

Back on topic...
Please take into consideration the amount of time and the knowledge of those you nominate.
You probably want someone to be a mod that has been around here a while and has some working knowledge of FPSC.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 23:32
Robert F, Email sent to you.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 01:25 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 01:45
I have cleaned up this thread a little "As I see Fit".

Clearly there a some posting here who would aspire to become a Mod who show little understanding off what being an FPSC Moderator is all about and how FPSC Mods conduct their own self decision making process in managing these forums. They have no chance of becoming a Mod as far as I am concerned.

The 4 Current Mods though as different as any other 4 individuals could be - all have a natural affinity with each other and each others handiling of the Forums. We are as one and so will be the new Mod - there is no place in the world of Moderators for any other way.

There will be no major changes to the forums or the way these FPSC forums are Moderated by the introduction of a new FPSC mod - you may be dissapointed if you were hoping for that to happen. Dont expect FPSC Mods to be anything but at least as strict if not stricter than they have been of late.

Swearing of any kind does matter and it will not be tolerated in the slightest in any shape or form.

Moderators decisions have not in the past and will not be debated here in the future. Mods decisions are not open to debate.

There are differences between these FPSC forums and other boards - those that say different are incorrect becuase we FPSC Mods say so and TGC agrees and supports FPSC Moderators in how they interpret the AUP and forum rules and apply them to these boards. Some members incorrectly adjudge TGC and the FPSC Mods and how they strong is their committment to ensure these FPSC boards continue to operate in a civilised and orderly fashion.

The Current FPSC Mods have recently made the correct decision in leaving this thread open longer to continue for some time and that has opened up this thread for those who do not have the metal to be an FPSC Mod to shine through in the posts they make by their falure to control their behaviours in them. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

Well done to them - makes the job much easier in the final analysis when the time comes for choosing a new Mod.

Likewise those members who are clearly generally sensible and of good standing and behaviour who are likely to be seriously considered can continue to contribute here as they always have done with professionalism and integrity.

This thread will remain open until FPSC Mods say otherwise and if you have something to say make it of some value to the topic at hand or dont post. If its not to do with voting or nominating a new Mod then keep your other opinions to yourself in some other thread and not this one. Then if it goes astray I can lock it. If you post in this thread and its not sensible stuff I will edit it or delete it or worse.

You get the drift I am sure.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 01:43
Alot of people think that the mods are biased about their slappings of noobs...and I would like to prove this wrong.

I was involved in a flamefest not too long ago and in this flamefest I ended up breaking the AUP a little bit (swearing). I thought the flamefest got too out of hand and reported it to a mod. Even though I reported it, I still got slapped. I don't blame them, because I broke the AUP. I thought this was incredibly unbiased. Let that be a lesson to you.

Excellent picture, Nickydude. That made me laugh.

While I'm here, I think I might nominate coffee grunt (soon to be CoffeeGrunt) and Roger Wilco. Those names just occurred to me.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:11 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 02:30
Quote: "I think I might nominate coffee grunt (soon to be CoffeeGrunt)"

[Mod Edit]
My first vote!

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:33
CoffeeGrunt and Roger Wilco do seem like good choices!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:35 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 02:43
Whoa, CG that was a might close. [EDIT: I guess too close afterall.]

The real purpose of this post was to say that I was totally confused about where Plystire was in his desire to become a mod. For some reason I thought he had bowed out and I didn't realize that was not true. But, after rereading the confusing (to me) threads, I see that HE IS NOT on the don't wanna be list.

I think I'm going to stay away now. I believe the moderators are getting a pretty good grasp of things. . . . and I certainly can't help them or be of any influence anyway.

Plystire and Thraxas forever.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 03:41
Uman, FredP, Bullshock 2, and all the other forum members I was a jerk to.

I apologize, My actions were wrong. I shall pull my self out of the vote. Again I am really sorry. It wont happen again. I just dont know what was going through my mind.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 04:03
No worries here. I can understand everyones a bit up tight about this MOD thing - its only to be expected.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 05:09
Geebus! I disappear for no more than a day and this is what happens! This is a perfect example of why being a Mod is a full time commitment.

The campaigning, I must admit, caught me by surprise while roaming the Script board. Well... I suppose it does get the message out.

@Everyone:

Everyone I saw in that little "debate" seemed to have already been here for a long enough time to have a decent grasp on how things operate around here. I'm honestly worried about how you could forget about such simple and easily remembered rules like not swearing.

To keep myself in line, I always say to myself:
"Would I say this to someone I truly care about?"
And if the answer is "Yes", then it's a good post. If you honestly would speak to someone you cared about using swear words, then you may wish to reconsider the way you treat them. Common courtesy, ladies and gents. It goes a long way.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 06:19
...you're a class act, Plystire.

Always a pleasure reading your posts...

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 07:49
Role model alert!
Plystire is awesome, I think he will do absolutely wonderful!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
Rampage

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 10:24
If I Was a moderator I'd love to be questioned. I mean, not EVERY decision a mod makes can be right and I feel being questioned about a decision is the only way to get better.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just stating my opinion.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 12:27
Don't freak out because this thread is locked.TGC has your choices and they will make an announcement shortly as to whom the new moderator is.
Thanks to all of you for your input.TGC couldn't have picked a good mod without your help.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 12:12
Check the newsletter for details

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 14:45
I should like to thank all those who took part in the nomination for new FPSC Mods and wish the new Moderators success in their new role.

Slim Fly
Years of Service
User Offline
I nominate airslide, I think his mods would be a great addition to any fpsc game. Sorry plystire If i could nominate two people, you would be my second choie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:22:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:22:20