Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] CoZ's X-Tasy MOD Released....!!!!.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 06:34
@Life Tap:

If you got 20 fps out of it, then your specs must not be garbage since I only get 9 fps.

Glad this whole issue is cleared up. Would love to see some optimization go into this later on down the road.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 09:00
I am testing different settings to make it nice to the fps, but since I am running on a Gforce 8800 Gt its hard since I allways get around 38

And I know this is a closed chapter, but look at the attached pic, if CoZ would have claimed it has his then it wouldnt say Boris

Yousiesta is back...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 09:22
BVG, your editor looks fancy how did you do that?

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 17:19
Quote: "BVG, your editor looks fancy how did you do that?"

Punk, go into your FPSC folder<files<editor<gfx.

Then open up some things in gimp or photoshop and change them around.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 18:53
Yeah, about peformance, do you think you could implement peformance improvers pretty please?

And commercial aswell? This is a dream come true... Stupid FPSC v107 source code

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 00:46
Quote: "Yeah, about peformance, do you think you could implement peformance improvers pretty please?

And commercial aswell? This is a dream come true... Stupid FPSC v107 source code "

I'm pretty sure it is for commercial use.
For some reason it runs way better for me when using Ply's Mod...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 10:05
Thanks for the comments!
Quote: "And commercial aswell?"

Yep. This is free for commercial use!

Quote: "For some reason it runs way better for me when using Ply's Mod..."

Thats great to hear. I shall include that tip in the first Post.

I shall also be working to integrate new features into this MOD later this week (probably at the weekend), along with a few speed fixes)

Stay tuned

CoZ

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 10:06
Quote: "Thats great to hear. I shall include that tip in the first Post."

Um, I'm kinda using a different version of Ply's Mod though, I think its just Airmods timer system. Helps out you know...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Boris Vorontsov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 16:58
Listen everyone. How to use ENBSeries and licence terms written on the web site, "X-Tasy" is the same ENBSeries with modified version info. Do not tell me that it's for free and doesn't matter, the same way i can get your demos, screensavers, games (or what you are developing), change in there copyrights and distribute them (f.e. for more visitors is enough). Do you like my idea, uh?
About commercial and non-commercial use, everything written here http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/license_en.htm and of course if you are working with X-Tasy, you are not permitted to use it for any purposes, it's illegal. If you'd like to see features of ENBSeries in your projects, read those license and use ENBSeries, just contact me for permission to use in commercial game, it's free. F...k! Why in the hell to do such an "X-Tasy" stuff to play on my nerves, if ENBSeries is free? Want to remove start up text, ask me to do this, again it's free. Respect the time i spend to make gamers happier.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 20:28
Sorry man but i cant follow you, are you saying its for commercial use?
Or not commercial use? Or does it costs money? Or is it free?

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 21:37
@Boris Vorontsov: I personaly don't know what your problem is to be honest. I am not claiming this work as my own, I have clearly stated several times that you are the original author of this MOD, and I am not making any money out of this. If you dont want this to be used for commercial use, thats fine, I will happily alter the info to Non commercial only. I am not out to start fights with you or nick your work, I just managed to get the ENB Mod working in FPSC, and I am just releasing the working version for the community to enjoy..so i can't see what I'm doing wrong.

@Cheese Cake: It is Now Non-commercial unless you obtain permission from the original author (Borris Vorontsov). I cannot grant you this permission due to I am not the original author of this MOD. Non Commercial is Fine.

CoZ

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Coz I downloaded the original none edited version and works in fpsc the same as yours maybe thats why he has a problem.

You claim you got the mod to work in fpsc but it works in fpsc anyway plus the GTA one is a lot better as it dont have the slowdowns.

Im dissapointed that you didnt get permission from the original author before releasing this.

best s4real

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 22:16
@s4real: It says on the ENB Mod site "Feel free to distribute ENB MOD", so I didn't have to have his permission to use this due to I was just using it in another program, and not GTA, so I have done nothing wrong. Also, the GTA version is different to the Flat out 2 version.

CoZ

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@coz You must off done something wrong as he seems to have a problem with you releasing this, yes the gta is diffrent it works better.

Best s4real

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:02
Well, if his posts were understandable...

I can't figure out what CoZ did wrong either...
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:15
Quote: "5 You may use and distribute software in commercial or non-commercial uses. For commercial use it is required to warn about using this software (in credits, on the box or other places). Commercial distribution of software as part of the games without author permission prohibited."

Quoted from Boris' page.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:17
Then CoZ will change it, as he said.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:19
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with what CoZ has done.

Boris Vorontsov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 00:21
Eh, is this because of my bad english or what?
"Feel free to distribute ENB MOD" means what it says. Does anyone saw version info in the d3d9.dll file properties? Perhaps you don't.

Once again, ENBSeries is FREE (royalty free also) for commercial or non commercial use, Coz (creator of zombies) may call ENBSeries as X-Tasy, but DLL file, license and readme files must stay unchanged without my permission. If you want something special, exlusive and if it require a lot of my time to implement, may be i'll ask for payment, but in most cases changes are too simple or interesting for future versions, so for free.

To creator of zombies:
1) Make another archive, with original d3d9.dll, readme and license text files from original ENBSeries place in to new folder(s), that allow users to read your readme first, but mine will be also included.
Remove string in your post:
a) "Non Commercial Use only!. If you wish to use this Mod in a commercial product, you must email the original author for permission", this is kind of incorrect, for commercial use it's free from asking me something, only commercial games (not demos, screenshots) need permission. I need this just to filter out game studios that already have published games and wants for free increase their earning or rebirth.
b) Outstanding issues Ad text shows in left corner for 3 secconds when Mod is activated(This is because it is based on the EnB Mod for Flat out 2). This can be fixed by deleting this text from the .dll. I forgot to do this when adapting, and I now don't have time to correct it, so could someone please sort this out then re-upload).
2) add anything, multiple presets for different videocards (by vendor and performance) for example.
Only then call this X-Tasy or whatever.
new games
Years of Service
User Offline
lol shift-12 causes it to go slow and this annoying box forms around the level but i still like mod.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
F12 is the screenshot key iirc, so changing it to shift-f10 is probably a better idea.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I the only one who finds it pretty odd how somehow Boris joined after Nighthawk made his point?

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 18:51
Nighthawk probably emailed him about it. Are you suggesting they are the same people? Cause that would be stupid.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 19:08
Quote: "Am I the only one who finds it pretty odd how somehow Boris joined after Nighthawk made his point?
"

Quote: "Nighthawk probably emailed him about it. Are you suggesting they are the same people? Cause that would be stupid."

We're neither the same people nor have I emailed him about it

probably he's doing regular google searches for his mod or he was emailed by somebody else about it.

I just posted my thoughts and the things I found out - what you made from that wasn't my work or my intention - just food for thought

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
I wasn't intending that it was Nighthawk. I was just saying, that it was a bit weird for him to make a account right after you made a point then thingy mabob said "Together we can make a Piracy free world".

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Boris Vorontsov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 20:41
Nighthawk is not involved, users of enbseries notify me about news. I'm glad that somewhere in the world exist peoples like Nighthawk, just for his words.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 21:43
This is so cool.

So we can use this enb to make our own mods without even having to edit the FPSC source code.

I'm going to download every dx9 .dll I can find until I've got one that incorporates every next gen effect going in FPSC then I can have a mod thread too.

We can use this new .dll mod technique with the very latest version of FPSC. Thats ridiculous.
maras220
Years of Service
User Offline
So now we have weekend :p maybe some update?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UBh7IY828 private war trailer
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 13:58
@maras220: There will be some updates later on this evening. Im going for a driving lesson today, So ill be busy for a few hours

CoZ

tjaabee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 22:13
Nice to hear, but I'm still a bit confused with this mod's licensing.
Waiting for the update!

Best.

GIMME COKE!
Life Tap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 23:33 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 23:38
CoZ sends his Regards, he said he is done with fpsc. if anyone has anything to say about me announcing this maybe CoZ will pop in the future to say it himself.

but

consider all CoZ threads Dead. This includes DS game thread, and this mod thread. He has left fpsc for good.

Edit - CoZ just informed to also let everyone know, that him leaving fpsc will not be the end we will be seeing of him. His plans include coming back to DBPRO or leadworks engine after his little "Break" from fpsc.

The Unspoken
Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 23:55
Why?!
Did i say something?

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
Life Tap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 00:39 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 00:43
It was a combination of reasons, users and not. Everyone played a part in pushing him away. . Either way its not up for discussion, so yea.

if you dont believe me, in that this thread+ds is done, and CoZ is gone, the head over to the showcase section and see his conviant quote of my msg.

The Unspoken
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 01:50
Quote: "CoZ sends his Regards, he said he is done with fpsc."

Why? because a few people jumped in claiming he was breaching a license of some description.

He should have contacted the guy and asked permission or at least ensured he credited his name in the FPSC download files. If he's going to drop FPSC because of his own laziness thats a bit sad.

Quote: "His plans include coming back to DBPRO or leadworks engine after his little "Break" from fpsc."

He might not be in the FPSC forums but he'll still be using the software alright. Like he's going to stop developing for FPSC to write his own engine or use another engine which doesn't currently have any A.I available for it. Yeah right.

Good developers don't care what the minority say about issues which don't concern actual development. He should have just settled the matter, updated his download file info and posted some screenshots giving the update information he was supposed to be providing.

I'm disappointed.
Life Tap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:25 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 02:27
Quote: "He should have contacted the guy and asked permission or at least ensured he credited his name in the FPSC download files. If he's going to drop FPSC because of his own laziness thats a bit sad."

are you dumb? its says boris's name in the map editor, how much more could you ask for? honestly?!?!?!

it even says "ENB mod for flatout 2" "Boris [insert last name i dont remember here]....

But hey lets not make this a flame war or a discussion about it. lets just get a mod to come in here and lock it.

The Unspoken
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:28
Vorontsov.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:41
Quote: "are you dumb?"

You could have just forget that part.

But i actually agree...
He could have posted in this thread that it wasnt his...
And that he didnt made any changes to it.
(or at least he did, it made it run slower than the original)
I tried out the original ENB series...and it runned faster.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:46 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 03:02
Quote: "are you dumb?"

Not sure how you measure being dumb but you might have a visual impairment. Try looking back on page 2

Quote: "I do admit that i forgot to add the authors name (you reminded me of that), but I did state that It was a FPSC adapted version on the ENB Mod for Flat out 2. And I also haven't breached copyright either, because I am not selling this MOD, or claiming His work as my own etc. I just simply and honestly forgot to mention the authors name in the discription. I have updated the first page in this topic with the relevent info. So the statement about me being a pirate and taking a step into the side of copyright is a load of rubbish. I have been around long enough not to nick people's work!.

CoZ"

Quote: "how much more could you ask for? honestly?!?!?!"

Reading threads properly before insulting people would be a good start. I might have missed out the bit about whether it was ok for commercial or non commercial use but that just emphasises the point I made about contacting him first.

Edit - No hard feelings but next time please refrain from being personal just because I've made a comment concerning a friend of yours. I'm sure Coz is capable of responding himself.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 03:07
It might be of note to say that Boris himself said in a post here that his mod was available to use for commercial and non-commercial use. He even stated that he was willing to make additions to the mod for free.

Unless he was pushing CoZ around behind the scenes through email... this only helps to emphasize that CoZ was not in the wrong for releasing this.

As Life Tap stated, Boris's name appeared whenever you ran the Mod... through a built game or it would even show up in the Map Editor! If he was just looking for recognition for his work, then he certainly got it and shouldn't be complaining.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 03:26
Ok, look I haven't used this mod so I haven't seen what appears in a built game or the editor but its standard stuff for read me info provided with any download to contain the proper information.

I only downloaded the mod a couple of days ago and it still doesn't say the original authors name in the read me. The original point I made was that he should update this information and get on with development instead of just quitting.

I respect the work Coz has done and hope he comes back. I wasn't questioning the fact he released the mod just the read me documentation.

If all scores are settled with Boris and he supports it being used for commercial and non commercial use why the big act about leaving FPSC.

Sorry if the last few posts went in a different direction but it's not the original point I was trying to make until Life Tap slammed me. I've said no hard feelings about that now.
Life Tap
Years of Service
User Offline
My bad. i just felt like you were implying that coz messed up somewhere. and i just couldnt get what you ment. . its just putting his name in the readme doesnt seem very important when its already in the editor and the build game/ whatever.

game over man, game over. Lets just let this thread die in peace.

The Unspoken
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 12:05
Quote: "Okay, let me clear something up.
The reason I am thinking of leaving FPSC is not because of what happened with the MOD, I couldn't give a flying crap about happened concerning Nighthawk etc, and we have no problem with each other etc.
This is all based upon the fact that I simply don't work with FPSC enough to be able to produce DS to your expected standards. For example, I will have few days where I will work on DS alot, and get loads done, and then I end up not working on it again for a week because I end up doing loads of other stuff such as partying etc! ..and I don't feel it would be fair on you to keep you waiting that long for DS...because fair play, you guys have waited nearly 3 years and stuck by me through it, So i respect you all for that. I do like FPSC alot, but I don't manage to get game dev done on a daily basis..and sometimes I consider moving up to Dbpro because you have more power over your games etc.

But if anyone thinks I'm wrong or has a opinion on what I have just said...Please post now of forever hold your peace.

CoZ"

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 13:12
I understand CoZ.
People shouldnt hate you because of the mod just wanted to say that.
Or because of the game. Its not like you owe us a game, so you dont have to say sorry.
You made the game for fun, because you liked FPSC.
You dont have to worry that that we will be mad at you just because you didnt released Demon Sun.

However...i still would like to test it out. But since you dont have enough time.
I truly understand.

Good luck with DBP

Fluffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 15:40 Edited at: 12th Oct 2008 16:03
Whoa Ouch this turned out horribly wrong!

You just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this signature!
Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 15:49
hmm, well since your not going to finish DS, may i suggest handing it down to someone else? I mean if they'd like to finish it, and would be capable of doing so.

Just a thought so that all that work wouldnt go to waste.

but i totally understand you leaving, ive done so with other engines on occasion, albiet for only a few weeks or so, but none the less.

tjaabee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 16:07
@ Fluffy: As you see if you have read the posts above, you know that CoZ has stopped working on this mod. I don't want to start a fight, but I, and some other people feel like we want this thread to die in peace. So, if you want to use a similar version, use the orginal one.

@ all: I think we just can accept what CoZ wants to do, and I wish him the best of luck. You were, and are still, great at what you do CoZ.

Best.

GIMME COKE!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 16:32
Quote: "game over man, game over. Lets just let this thread die in peace"

Agreed. I just hope Coz doesn't give up on FPSC whilst there are so many good things going in at the moment.

Quote: "But if anyone thinks I'm wrong or has a opinion on what I have just said...Please post now of forever hold your peace."

Thanks for clearing this up Coz.

I'm not sure how moving away from FPSC to alternatives which require coding in addition to everything else is going to help with your available development time.

FPSC has come a very long way with the mods available and these dx9.dll modifications are adding yet another element for developers to use in their games.

I can understand people might want to give Leadwerks a try as its technical specs are impressive but it doesn't look like something you can just dip into and use when convenient like you can with FPSC. If you want a game engine that won't punish you for going out partying the night before then it has to be FPSC.

If you believe DBPro or Leadwerks are a better option for you I wish you the best of luck with them.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 17:00
As do I. I hope you return to FPSC one day, until them I'm locking this thread so it doesn't start to go the way of the flame. See you around CoZ.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:28:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:28:50