Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Dark Game Studio Bonanza

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 16:54
Finaly purchased

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 19:12
Bought it.
byo
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, I just ordered this. I've been visiting this website from time to time thinking about ordering Dark Game Studio and this is awesome. I have Blitz3D, Blitzmax and this a welcome addition to my toolset.
Spritzen
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I bought Dark Basic classic, years and years ago, and dropped it soon after as it was just too slow, but this deal made me pick it back up again and things have progressed leaps and bounds since those early days; so this is fantastic
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 03:00 Edited at: 13th Aug 2009 03:01
[nevermind]

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2009 13:48
What excellent service. My copy arrived today just 6 days after being posted.
Having lots of fun with the new plugins. Don't know why I hadn't done this sooner.
Good one, Lee. I hope you have more specials like this on the way
Thanks
BobW
Hell Forged Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just checking back on TGC and theres so much new stuff. I used to play about with DB classic, though I found I was held back by a lack of level editing ability. If I went for this package what would the options be for creating levels?

I have had a look about online and it seems you can load FPSC levels but from my understanding that is only the static objects? So I would have to code all of the doors etc myself? Also is this possible with the free version of FPSC? How about FPSC X10 (though not of much use if it is just static objects)?

What other level creation options are there out that I could use with DBP?

Finally DarkGDK is on the list, is this just for C++ or is DarkGDK.net part of DarkGDK?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I don't want to go for it just to find out I need more software to make half of my ideas. I am very excited about the prospect of working with Dark Physics and Dark AI though!
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 06:38
What dark mather 1 2 or 3 or all?

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9600 GT driver 178.13
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Pack + FPSC B. pack
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 09:18 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 09:18
@Hell Forged Angel

1) If I went for this package what would the options be for creating levels?

It includes cartography shop, which is a level/entity editor.

2) What other level creation options are there out that I could use with DBP?

Exactly the same ones as for DBClassic. None. There are no fully full on level/entity editors out there as peoples game engines vary so much. Cartography shop can do some of it but it's basically a level editor and light mapper.

there are however many many 3D apps out there with which you can create your levels then you write a level importer which will operate the doors however you want.

@Random color object

1) What dark matter 1 2 or 3 or all?

I believe it's dark matter 1.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is way too awesome!
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 12:39 Edited at: 14th Aug 2009 12:47
Can some one post a tree or a flower in BILLBOARDING made with plant life or tree magic, I would like to see how it look like in my game.

Is there any skybox that come with Dark matter? Is it the electronic version or boxed?

Thanks

PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Pack + FPSC B. pack
TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I seen something about DB X10 on youtube about how they rebuilt DB for FPSC X10. So this is probably so cheap because mabey they are going to release DB X 10? Or because of the GDK's?
Pretty good deal though.
Heres the video.Could be a fake,not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_kgpYygQgE

So far I've bought:
DBP Nice.
DarkSource Nice.
DarkNet Nice.
2DPluginKit ah fix the help.
And I think my next buy will be DarkGDK.NET to use with Visual Basic probably.
Willie Mundermuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 15:51 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 16:55
I had some issues when ordering this, but I'm hoping for lee/staff to help resolve them today.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 17:40
Quote: "mabey they are going to release DB X 10?"

Doubtful. Read the latest newsletter they basically said there are no plans for a DB X10.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 13:39
Got my copy today, and I love it.
Took one week to get it to Sweden, not that bad

But it sais "Mrs Joakim Olsson" on the letter

DarkJohn20
Years of Service
User Offline
I posted this already but i had 30 views and no answers, could anyone help me?:

I purchased Dark Game Studio a couple months back, and now I would like to buy the Bonanza package. Is selling my copy, or the copy that I will receive with the Bonanza pack, legal?

What I would like to do is order the Bonanza package, and use the electronic downloads immediately with my existing copy of DGS, and then sell the one that will be shipped. Is this OK, or is there anything else that is acceptable? I also have some plug-ins that I use with this copy of DGS. If any more information is needed please ask. I would like to order as soon as possible .
byo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... I'm not sure about this but normally you should take a look at the User License Agreement to see if such thing is possible. Or the website FAQ. If you can't find anything about it then you probably should contact Lee or other TGC member privately. Hope that helps.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 12:58
I guess your copy is registered with your e-mail, and the only way to obtain the activationcode would be with the right e-mail.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 14:36
I already replied, you can sell the original CD as it's linked to email addresses, not CD's.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because I'm a sadistic loser with nothing better to do. (joke)
byo
Years of Service
User Offline
Mine got here yesterday.
Really nice package.

The only problem was the mail post guys who "delivered" the pack in front of my house while there was nobody home and every passer-by could have stolen it. But that was a problem in my part.
DarkJohn20
Years of Service
User Offline
It has been a day now and it still says Pending...
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 03:18 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 06:05
I received mine today. Good for those who don't have dark physic, it's a must, and maybe other stuff there.
Dark matter is , maybe for some people . If you want characters, probably the character package at 50$ might be better.

As I am running a demo of Unity3d. What I will use is

- Skybox
- Sounds/music
- Probs/weapons.
- Plant life
- Tree
- Texture
- Carthography

Plant life come with the 3 expansion pack: value of 30$
There is something for everyone. good deal. But I got memory access violation when trying to billboard???

PhysX 08.09.04
Cipher77
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any chance you guys could do a special offer for those who already bought DGS when it first came out, and just offer Dark AI, Extends, Physics, and Dark Lights in a bundle for slightly less?
Cipher77
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I gave in because it is still cheaper to buy this bundle than the Dark AI and Dark Physics bundle. Now, I have two Dark Game Studios is there a way I can gift the second one to someone?
DarkJohn20
Years of Service
User Offline
Still Pending....
What's up with TGC, slower than normal it seems.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 00:57
@Cipher77

Just sell it, or give it away.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because we're sadistic losers with nothing better to do. (joke)
Siddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, when i bought it a few months ago, at full price, my postage took 4weeks - wheres the justice?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 10:13
Quote: "Still Pending....
What's up with TGC, slower than normal it seems"

You bought it on a weekend, let them get back to work

N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 12:01
Just wondering how long the offer is on?

I dont get paid till the first of next month...

Yours
N3wton

ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya. If you could awnser just two questions of mine, I would be very happy...

1. How long will this last? Because I have been stating a lot I want $100 on a Visa for my birthday in November and I plan on buying this with that.

2. How much to you guys think the shipping is? Because I live in U.S. and when I bought FPSC Bonanza it added $7 extra bucks to the $30 it said it would cost, making me unable to buy the gun back with the $20 left on the card. I know it's not your guys fault, but I would like to know if it will still be an extra 7 for shipping. If not, I'll probabley buy the character pack with it. If not, the MP 11 and the war torn map that came out a month or two ago.

Awnsers to both those would be much appreciated.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 23:12
^
re: 2. - my paypal total (shipped to california) was $54.67 USD.

Italy Portugal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 01:22
AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I want it but I got to save all my money for college....All I have is DB, DBPro, FPSC, and DARKGDK....having all those plugins would be SWEEET!

poor me

God never dies, God is, that is enough.

a game creator's podcast - Coming Soon!
Italy Portugal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 01:42
just had a thought...
Lee, could you keep one reserved for me until Christmas?

Never mind this is an impossible request

In case your wondering why I can't get it while at college, this particular one is extremely small and has a very limited internet connection in the attempt to ensure that the students get their work done.

BUT they have been having some changes recently so this may no longer be the case...will have to verify when I get there

Sorry for the long post

God never dies, God is, that is enough.

a game creator's podcast - Coming Soon!
Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:40
I'm currently using DarkGDK, and I'm wonder which elements of that pack I could use with DGDK? (if any)
I know that Dark Physics, Dark Lights and Dark AI are compatible with DGDK but is it in that case?
And any other parts of that deal will be usable with DGDK?
It's still pays off if only Physics, Lights and AI will work (separate prices are Ph+AI = £45.99, Light = £12.99, Total: £58.98, it's still £29 less!).
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:48
Well, all the media-related stuff works obviously - TreeMagik, Plant Life, Cartography Shop, and Dark Matter.

Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:40
So that's mean I could use with DarkGDK (in that way or another):
* DarkMATTER
* DarkVOICES
* DarkSHADER
* Tree Magik
* Plant Life
* Cartography Shop
* Dark Physics
* Dark Lights
* Dark AI

Is that true?
Sakar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:43
Just bought this and can't wait to get my copy in the mail!
MFC Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, there is alot of stuff in this package that I have been wanting to check out. I am going to buy it, no doubt. Just a couple of questions...

I have to wait for the Dark Game Studio portion of this package to arrive in the mail but, Dark Physics, Dark Lights, Dark AI and eXtends become available online after the order is processed?

What happens with products I have already purchased, DBPro and eXtends? Will I have 2 additional keys for these products in my profile?

I ordered the FPS Creator Bonanza on the 20th of August and I did not receive it until yesterday, August 31st. So I guess anything I buy from TGC that requires shipping will take over a week to ship to California

MFC Coder

A very pleased TGC customer!
Sakar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 03:16
On the first questions, yes. Dark Game Studio comes in the mail, but the other extensions are available online almost right away.
Nathaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 22:22
Just picked it up. I've only ever had DBP and DBC, so this will make a nice addition to my library.

-N.

Not all who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Molless
Years of Service
User Offline
Very good price, I used 3d gamestudio, and now the software from The Game Creators.

I've also ordered the package.

I come from Germany and can not wait.

I hope it will arrive've never ordered from abroad.

I've downloaded Dark GDK now. ^^

A question that DarkGDK in DarkGameStudio Pack is that the Dark GDK Commercial License ?
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 22:54
How long is this offer going to last for? I don't get paid till week after next and would lovw to try my hand with DBP and this package is basicly a dream come true for me.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 06:56
Well darn it all, I just get back from buying all my textbooks for this semester, install DarkGDK for grins and a whirl, browse the forums for info on NGC v4 or Newton integration with DGDK, and I see this!

You're killin' me, man--next week's grocery money is heading your way, TGC.

DarkGameStudio seriously comes with ALL that?

I'm going to eat you!
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 07:08

In 6 years, this forum still won't let you change your email address?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 08:52
Quote: "DarkGameStudio seriously comes with ALL that?"

Is seriously does.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because we're sadistic losers with nothing better to do. (joke)
soysauce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 02:34
Hey, im new to the forums, but i just got my order today. I ordered it on the 1st of september, and i ordered express shipping (which i suggest if you want to ensure you actually get your order). I live in the U.S. so a 5 day shipping is amazing!!!! I'm installing it soon, and im so excited to dive into the programming! This is my first time with DarkBasic programming, so i hope i learn fast! You can visit my website at www.breathtakinggame.webs.com which will be updated once i start making games that are of good quality.

DarkBasic owns
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
will this last 6-7 weeks?

---
Mike5424
FOILtabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 03:56
I am sure this question has come up more than once...so here goes.
I purchased the DGS Bonanza, while I wait for delivery can I download the eVersion? i.e. the content which will arrive in disc form.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 18:52
Quote: "I purchased the DGS Bonanza, while I wait for delivery can I download the eVersion? i.e. the content which will arrive in disc form."

After they process your order the 4 free plugins are available electronically. Everything else is on the DVD.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 23:59 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 01:13
Just got mine in the mail, very impressed with the speed of delivery, last time I ordered from TGC (DBC + T3DGM + old Book bundle) it took a long time considering I'm in the U.S.

But I do have a couple of questions, the first someone has already asked and I would like to ditto this:
Quote: "A question that DarkGDK in DarkGameStudio Pack is that the Dark GDK Commercial License ?"

Second, is it possible, via a fee or anything, to get download links for everything that comes with DGS? It's not a necessity, but if there's a way, and it costs mulah, I'm willing to fork it up for the convenience. I see the order keys for all the plugins, but what about DBPro itself?

[EDIT] I'm dumb, ignore second question
borngamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 15:11
I've been hovering around here and other game engine/toolkit sites for months trying to decide which one to go for. I noticed this sale yesterday and I don't think I've ever pulled out my credit card that fast before.

The price coupled with all the stuff in the bonanza were enough to make my decision pretty easy.

I'm definately looking forward to my package arriving.

John

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:50:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:50:50