Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game request topic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There are model requests, music request, scipt requests... but there aren't any game requests yet...

In this topic you can request a game. Tell a plot, sort off gameplay and all that. Then other players can use it.

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:54
A game where you make other NPCs do your bidding.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 21:37 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 21:37
Quote: "but there aren't any game requests yet..."
Because the whole point of this software is to make your own game

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 21:43
meh, this is a fun little thread though, and I believe multiple heads are better than one.

but I'm scared out of my mind to ask for a team request on this forum.
If i do, I'll follow the rules right down to the punctuation marks
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 23:47 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 23:47
I believe this thread takes out the "unique" sparkle people have with there games. I rather make a game and feel good knowing it was done by myself and not peiced together by others ideas.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 23:52 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 23:52
How about a game where some sort of living undead creatures try to feast on the living? And make it revolve around some sort of a virus outbreak. We need more of those around here

Kravenwolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:06
wow... a zombie game...

that is THE MOST ORIGINAL IDEA EVER!

let's give our friend kravenwolf a hand shall we?

there you go.
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:13 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 01:16
Hahaha
Oh yes, man the originality Kravenwolf, you just breath it! Do you mind if I steal that idea? Hard pressed to come up with something of that caliber...

This is a cool idea though, I kind of tend to agree with Cyclone but then again, this could be interesting to see what you can come up with.

Here ya go, I'll give you definite specifics. The necessities -

1) 4 Levels
2) Must have zombies, but also something that shoots at you
3) A storyline revolving around a man named Joe Quinn
4) You can only have 3 weapons
5) At some point you must traverse an apartment building
6) Written letters you find on the ground contain the plot and story progressions
7) There must be at least one puzzle requiring you to jump across a perilous jungle gym of platforms, whether that be over an alley way on rooftops, over a bottomless pit underground, etc.
8) In the end of the game, you must be in a Train Station (which also must be worked into the storyline)

No dead line, just have fun. I look forward to seeing it if you choose to accept the challenge

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:18
i think that if this goes well, it will turn into a member collaberation project.

anyways, maybe a sci-fi horror game. those are better than just horror because you also have to make more story and i just LOVE sci-fi.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:20
Quote: "Oh yes, man the originality Kravenwolf, you just breath it! Do you mind if I steal that idea? Hard pressed to come up with something of that caliber..."

I figured it would be something unique I would love to see a zombie game in FPSC

Kravenwolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:23
ok, well what if:

zombies come in further open world expansions to the game, but not in the 4 level story line

the guy's name is isaac preston (which is pretty close to joe quinn)

there are actually 5 weapons... but you can only have 3 at a time

you find a key in an apartment building, but CAN traverse one looking for it. only to not find it.

written letter easter egg

lots of puzzles, including a few jumps in an alternate route to a subway you can take out of secret tunnels to win the game.

that is as close as my project gets. but damn, I'm getting the feeling you COPIED ME!!!!

RAWR!!!!

*throws desk down*

*regroups self*

naah, see how you like my project when it comes out.

(but thx for the subway Idea, I had no clue how I would get the player out of the secret tunnels otherwise)

</spoilers>

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:24
(answer to braden)

^ previous post

(double post)
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:34
Quote: "(which also must be worked into the storyline)"

We don't have to do that, do we?

You also forgot the part where you have fight some giant mutant/zombie at the end.

Seriously, something FPSC is lacking is originality. I think there's been a recent surge in the zombie genre because of the ultimate FPSC contest. Whoever wins better not say horror is the next theme. If I won I would, but just to annoy everybody on the forums.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:47
What do you mean, we, Shogun? Thought it was just rakker asking for some game guidelines? And I gave him some specifics

And yes Bugsy...that is suspiciously close to mine
Haha but still awesome, between yours and mine rakker certainly has something to go with now

-Cheers

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 02:04
Quote: "What do you mean, we, Shogun? Thought it was just rakker asking for some game guidelines? And I gave him some specifics"

Just a little typo. Besides, judging by the number of zombie games, anyone can use those guidelines

Anyways, this sounds less like a game "request" thread, and more of a game "idea" thread.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 02:13
Quote: "And yes Bugsy...that is suspiciously close to mine"

MINE CAME FIRST!!!!!!

*throws newly taped up broken desk and computer back down*
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 02:26 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 02:26
Quote: "Just a little typo"

Oh haha, no worries. Yeah it certainly does seem to be the year of the zombie; they're just so cool...although, the prospect of a dead corpse rising from its grave at midnight under the full moon as the fog rolls in and the unsuspecting town begins to fall asleep, well somewhat seems to be disappearing in the wake of viruses and biological and military experiments gone awry.
The zombie concept is beginning to be stretched, but it's still awesome

Quote: "MINE CAME FIRST!!!!!!"

My post is above yours! So hah!
You just pick that computer up one more time, duct tape it back together again, and look and see for yourself! lol

Anyways, hope to see what you come up with rakker.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 05:04
*duct tapes computer together*

*replaces lost keyboard keys with scrabble pieces*

no, I mean I've been working on this game for all year. mostly just brainstorming, and drawing concept levels on grid paper, but I just started putting it all together, so yeah.
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 05:37
LOL scrabble pieces, thats a good one...never would have thought of that. Oh well hey! That's awesome man, when do you think you'll be getting a thread up on the WIP board?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 06:18
later this month.
I wont post w/o a demo, I just dont think it can be accurately critiqued without some gameplay, it will be the first level. you can explore an open city freely, you must find a key to a door. the key is one place, the door is another.

(HINT) the key is in the hotel that you can only acess the first floor of. NOT the one you can "traverse" the stairs to the roof (and jump from building to building if you can jump far)

really it's just a test to see how good of a game BONE STOCK FPSC (with airmod maybe) can build. no special graphics.

I really must thank you for the subway escape Idea. see? this thread IS useful.

otherwise there would be no use for that big gastank model I requested.
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 06:25 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 06:26
Oh cool! That sounds like it's going to be tons of fun, can't wait man! It's funny though, I never once said a thing about a subway
I mentioned train station, but I was thinking something totally different haha. I was thinking more along the lines of the train depot from Counter-Strike Source.

Sorry for takin' over your thread though rakker, I can stop and either wait for your thread Bugsy, or contact you through email

-Cheers

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 06:32
sure

wray2u@gmail.com

for email and perhaps a screenie concept.
JiMmYThEHaNd
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hahaha
Oh yes, man the originality Kravenwolf, you just breath it! Do you mind if I steal that idea? Hard pressed to come up with something of that caliber...

This is a cool idea though, I kind of tend to agree with Cyclone but then again, this could be interesting to see what you can come up with.

Here ya go, I'll give you definite specifics. The necessities -

1) 4 Levels
2) Must have zombies, but also something that shoots at you
3) A storyline revolving around a man named Joe Quinn
4) You can only have 3 weapons
5) At some point you must traverse an apartment building
6) Written letters you find on the ground contain the plot and story progressions
7) There must be at least one puzzle requiring you to jump across a perilous jungle gym of platforms, whether that be over an alley way on rooftops, over a bottomless pit underground, etc.
8) In the end of the game, you must be in a Train Station (which also must be worked into the storyline)

No dead line, just have fun. I look forward to seeing it if you choose to accept the challenge
"

If U want something to shot plus zombies make it like the new resident evil movie, have the zombies inside a building were u start

You Leave The Building To Find sas/swat whatever outside with orders to kill anything leaving the building
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 07:18
or zombies who are smart enough to set up sentry bots.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 08:14
I wanna see some zombies on mounted weapons...

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 18:24
if they can build sentry bots, they can man mounted guns.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 20:02
i was recently trying to make a gangster on a motorcycle. maybe with ply's mod you could have third person with that character and add in a script that will knock down or damage enemy's when you touch them. that would be like dead rising.

wow that's actually possible

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 20:32
If you can't even make me a pipe texture, how can you make a motercycle guy?
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
it is a GAME request not a entity

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 22:10
I gave you a game request rakker! Or was it not what you were hoping for...cause I'll give you a dozen more

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 22:10
i can model and RE-texture, but i'm not good at making textures from scratch. anyways this would be fun to have as a contest. where there would be teams like red, blue and green or something and when you enter you are assigned to a team and you have to make a game together. it wouldn't be about how good the game is as much as how good your cooperation is.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i want to ask you to make a playable game....not with zombies got tierd of it....everyone are lazy to make something better or make something that is not only killing stupid zombies and i really mean stupid i havent played a game where zombies are like normall zombies fpsc zombies are even stupider than zombies...So do a cod4 type of game for once with terrorist and a good plot not ok the mission is to kill the zombies....ppffffff

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 01:02
the game i'm working on doesn't even HAVE zombies. it's an original sci-fi game with lots of secrets that i havn't told anyone...i shouldn't have said that

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 01:10
Quote: "So do a cod4 type of game for once with terrorist and a good plot not ok the mission is to kill the zombies....ppffffff"

There are just as many of those as there are zombie games. Those are just done in a more proffessional engine usually.

Reasons most people use FPSC for zombie games: custom zombies are in plentiful supply and usually have better animations than most regular characters. FPSC is a good engine for horror, go figure. The Ultimate FPSC has horror as a genre, since that's easier most people are doing that.

@EGG HEAD OF DOOM: He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to rakker. BTW, did you get my email?

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "proffessional engine usually."
look dont always blame the engine for the lazynes of others...someone draw monalisa in windows paint....so if you have skils and time...you can do many things...fpsc is a great engine in many things....i just gave my opinion....EGG HEAD OF DOOM sory for the misanderstanding....By the way i love scifi

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 01:23
Quote: "look dont always blame the engine for the lazynes of others"

I wasn't saying FPSC is bad. I was saying that other engines, which were designed with producing commercial quality game in mind, often have more of those types of games in ratio to FPSC. FPSC was designed to be more of a hobby-engine. FPSC is a great engine, and can do many things when people put their minds to it. Look at the BOTB. I'm just gonna stop here because I really don't feel like arguing over such a trivial matter in a totally unrelated thread. If you start a topic about FPSC and AAA games, then maybe I'll join.

Sorry for the offtopic-ness, guys.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont wanna argue ether...ok back to topic....why dont you make a 1 in all game?i mean a game that is all the genres inside....all fps genre i mean....

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 01:28
topic is called

thinking about fpsc games and distribution

by

chidem
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 01:47
Quote: "BTW, did you get my email?"

yeah i did. i thought i replied?

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 02:16
Quote: "yeah i did. i thought i replied?
"

I must not have got it, try sending it again.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 02:31
k i sent it. hopefully you'll get it this time

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 03:44 Edited at: 10th Aug 2009 03:48
EDIT: Nevermind, not worth it

Kravenwolf

Braden 713