Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.5

Author
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 02:51
Quote: "U75 Beta 3 does work well with v116."

Agreed. We have not left Beta 3 yet. Works perfectly for us

- BlackFox

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 07:57 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2010 08:00
Quote: "Can anyone experiencing a crash suggest anything else that is part of their hardware/software system that might contribute to a crash on their XP system?"

Hi Lee-
Judging from the error message box, it sounds like it has to do with a Microsoft runtime (like one of those msvcr71.dll type files?) trying to shut down the editor and restart it. Just a guess because the options dialog has a "* requires restart to take effect" type messages at the bottom.

Attached a screenie. Hope this helps.

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 18:36
I have just uploaded BETA15 with the SAVE AS fix. We've decided to aim for a newsletter release of U75 and so BETA15 represents the release version unless any major showstoppers surface. I will also be using this version to see if I can cobble together a working V117 source code base so you can get your hands on the latest FPSC build No promises, but I have five days, so there is a chance! We'll start off a U76 shortly after the newsletter where we will tackle the Font Colour crash issue. As it works off a fresh Windows XP and new installation of FPSC + BETA14 I am not overly worried, it will be something related to a system file or configuration on the offending machine. We just have to find it. Any showstoppers, please report in the next three days, otherwise prepare for the U75 launch!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 20:08
Hi Guys,

Turned out I only needed about five minutes A new Extras zip has been uploaded, overwriting the old one (from the first post) which will give you some good and bad things if you're into modding. My steps to testing are simple:

1. Back-up work and current copy of my FPSC folder
2. Uninstall FPSC, and re-install from DVD
3. Apply the V116 update for FPS Creator
4. Copy the Files folder from Extras into the FPSC folder
5. Install DBP and add the Extras files for Compiler and Projects
6. Ensure you have DarkLIGHTS and DarkAI as valid plug-ins
7. Ensure the SETUP.INI was copied over correctly (from Extras)
8. Compile the FPSC-Game and FPSC-MapEditor
9. Move the EXE files to the FPSC folder
10. Run FPSCreator.exe and load SIMPLE.FPM to test
11. Alternative download and use the SIMPLE.FPM attached here for more fun

Your FPSC is now running the latest V117 binaries minus all the extra files that provide the features we have been talking about in the migration thread. You will also notice your entities, segment, prefab and markers tabs are messed up. All these omissions will be plugged when we start the official V117 beta which will provide an update to supply you with all the files currently used by V117. This extras release is merely to confirm that you can use U75 to compile the latest V117 source code and produce working binaries without interruption of your V116 projects. Have Fun!

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 21:10
I'm in the process of backing up the DBPro and FPSC folders now.

I have 20 GB of FPSC but I thought I would go ahead and backup the whole folder anyway. About 17 minutes to go.

m2design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 22:04
good thing:beta 14 & beta 15 tools/options no longer causes a crash!
Bad thing: Now my program has areas of code that are shown with tab characters and other areas with padded spaces!
in tools/options/editor the option to select spaces or tab characters is disabled (can not select).
If I modify the default line for "replace tabs" in the synergy editor.cfg from true to false before loading DBP and my project the tab characters no longer appear.If I save and exit and then reopen DBP and my project files I have no tab symbols just padded spaces
but if I goto tools/options and do any thing then exit tool/options the tab symbols re-appear. When I exit DBP and check the status of the synergy editor.cfg it has revised the False back to true.

Windows xp pro service pack 3 quad processor.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 23:28
Lee, I followed your 11 steps. I first loaded the infamous prefab. In the specs I have full shaders turned on. You will notice I get segments however, I am not getting full shader here. I think you can tell why I am saying this. Also, a curious thing. We get the player marker inside the game. Also, the doors are not displaying. They are simply blue. Here is the image:

Next, I tried to load the simple.fpm that I downloaded. It would not load. The error message.

Quote: "#7023 - Limb does not exist at 6945"

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 23:43
Apparently the shaders are not working yet as entity's with shaders are showing up all gray.

Also, it seems that it is the characters that are causing the "limb" error. Other entities show up -- including all trigger zones and light entities -- and do not cause any limb error.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Apparently the shaders are not working yet as entity's with shaders are showing up all gray.

Also, it seems that it is the characters that are causing the "limb" error. Other entities show up -- including all trigger zones and light entities -- and do not cause any limb error. "

Make a build of the mapeditor.dbpro. It will produce a "FPSC-MapEditor.exe" replace it with the one in the FPSC root directory and all your problems will be solved .

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 01:34
Thanks Hockeykid. I swept over the last part of step 8 and just compiled the one. Duh!

8. Compile the FPSC-Game and FPSC-MapEditor

TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 01:42 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 01:43
Here's something I don't like about the editor.
Start dark basic pro and open a project, then open another project.
The open file path is lost and you will be in the directory of the last opened project.But the path now says Desktop and not what folder you are actually in.
Makes for more clicking to get to the project you want to open rather than it having the right path and a up one directory button.
I used to get the one up directory button and right path using xp mode but now the editor tells me I cannot run in compatabilty mode.
Attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 08:23
Is it ok to use the latest beta build editor with the old 0.74 compiler? I have a few plugins that run off of the official 0.74 release, but I'm enjoying all the niceties of the new editor, yet don't want to install all my plugins one by one as the beta gets updated.

At this stage, what's the eta for the final 0.75?
BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 10:01 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 10:07
'Save As' - still not working

1)start DBPro beta 14
2)type print "hello world"
3)type wait key

choose Save As from the file menu, no 'Save As' shows up until quitting DBPro

I'm using Windows XP Pro sp2
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 10:48 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 10:49
Quote: "Is it ok to use the latest beta build editor with the old 0.74 compiler."

I'm using the new editor with U74. However, for reasons I won't go into in this post, while I'm editing with the new, I'm compiling with the old.

Is that a "Keen" character for your avatar. I haven't played it in such a long time but it sure does look familiar.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 21:20
Hi Guys,

I am going to go ahead with the U75 released as nothing serious is jumping out. I will start up a U76 beta once the dust settles so we can carry on finding and fixing bugs, and allow those users who avoid the beta process to see what they think of U75 officially.

BillR : For now, you'll have to create a new project or use a test project to try out bits of code. One easy way is to have a project already created called test.dbpro and when you want to try something out just double click the file and start coding. Hopefully a decent workaround until I can pin point the Save As issue for U76. Oddly, the fix worked with my Windows XP. The bug was caused by XP not being able to handle the opening of a file requester when an invalid or incomplete file name was passed in. Vista and Win7 can disregard this, but XP required a complete filename. The fix was to ensure the temporary DBA was passed in successfully, but perhaps your system is throwing up a variation on the temporary file name.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 23:11
Lee,

I've had a similar problem to BillR on my XP laptop but not on Vista since an earlier fix. I'll check both operating systems with the latest upgrade as soon as I can - probably tomorrow (been rather busy with other matters recently ).
Marco A G Pinto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 03:50
Hello Lee,

The icon of the executable is still the old ugly icon.

In the next update will you place a more colourful and professional icon?

Thanks!

Kind regards from your friend,
>Marco A.G.Pinto
---------------
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 08:44
I'll post here first.

Lee, this on the download update page:

--------------------------------------------

Upgrade 7.5 Extras

This zip file contains various extras compatible with Upgrade 7.5. Contents include updated FPSCreator source code engine (for V115 version), provided fix to allow lighting to work properly (fix thanks to S4REAL).

----------------------------------------

You notice that it states v115. Is it supposed to be v115, or v116, or v117?

Just to verify.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 13:03 Edited at: 30th Jun 2010 13:03
I realise this may have been answered somewhere in the last 450+ posts, but I really don't have the time to go through it all. Also, searches have yielded no relevant results.
I finally got around to getting this update, which now seems to work just fine after some tweaking (my registry for some reason refers to "...Launch.exe/" as the DBP root dir, but that's another story).

Anyway, love the editor improvements (tabs -> spaces, redo hotkeys, etc.), however I have some advertisements clogging up most of the output panel. I can't seem to remove or even resize these either, and seeing as I am indeed a paying customer I wonder if I shouldn't be able to get rid of this? (I already have licenses for half the plugins that are advertised, by the way ). Have I accidentally managed to get hold of the free version (I saw no other downloads?) or do I have to re-activate the editor (how?)?
Thanks for any answers to clear this up

Sepnon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:51
yup, those ads are from the free version
check if your dbp is correctly activated
Ernst Rolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 00:19
Oh no, double trouble...
I ventured to my order history to check up my activation key, only to find that it required a re-login. I have been using the "always stay logged in" option for years and had now apparently forgotten my password from those days. Failing to enter that had me logged out completely and I am now unable to get back in, seeing as the e-mail adress I registered my original account with was my mothers boyfriend's work adress; my own e-mail adress led me in on this account (don't really know why it exists at all). I realise I should probably start a specific thread for this, or just e-mail a moderator, but I thought I'd post it here as well since it sort of had to do with this thread.

Anybody know of a good way to prove that I am indeed Rudolpho?
I do have the name of the original e-mail adress that my account was registered with, if that is good for anything, but I can't access it, obviously. A picture of me holding my DBC and DBP boxes?

O ja
TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Rudolpho
Help -> Check DarkBASIC Proffessional Modules...
Activate / Register
Enter Order Key

Worked for me ,ads went away.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 01:37
How do you lot see these ads?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled countless upgrades while investigating this or that problem that people have had and have never seem them. What exactly do you do that makes things go wrong?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 01:43
Quote: "How do you lot see these ads?"

don't be connected to the internet and then run the editor and you'll see them

TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was using 7.4 and upgraded to beta 13 on windows xp pro 32 then saw ads.
Made a post to quick on here that was answered by myself.
The key got knocked out somehow.
I put the key back in though and was good to go.
Now have the final installed did not have the problem.

To think about it .... I use a few clean up programs.
Norton,TuneUp,CCleaner and Window Washer.

Probably one of those programs caused my problem when cleaning the registry.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 17:32
Quote: "don't be connected to the internet and then run the editor and you'll see them"

I see. Since I'm always connected that would explain it.
Sepnon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 00:16
well, how do i change my temp folder now?
TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 06:01 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 06:05
Quote: "Quote: "don't be connected to the internet and then run the editor and you'll see them""

Disabled my net started darkbasic a few times didnt see any ads.
So that was not my problem.

Edit : and the ads are net based so you would see page cannot be displayed probably without net.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 07:31
Quote: "Disabled my net started darkbasic a few times didnt see any ads."

Well, that happens for me all the time when i'm not connected to the net and yes i see page cannot be displayed but the adds appeared after i connected to the net without restarting the editor.
BUT: i'm not using the newet version of the editor, i use the one from beta14 so it's possible that this thing got fixed, i don't know

Vickie
Years of Service
User Offline
I just went and bought FPSC just so I can mod this thing, Thanks Lee!

Always~
Vickie
Redwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 16:36 Edited at: 5th Jul 2010 17:27
Problem with compiling multi-module programs in U75.

Hi,

Just installed the U75 update. Appreciate the improvement of being able to read and write long strings from files.

However, now I have a problem with compiling multi-module programs. Apparently if in module B I call a function that is present in module A, the compiler does not recognize this, and flatly refuses to compile.

I have one main file and several modules that are included with #include. Furthermore I run Win Vista 32-bit.

Not being able to compile multi-module programs is a nasty problem. Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there a fix?

UPDATE: SORRY, I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS THE ONE IN ERROR.
MADE A MISTAKE IN ONE OF THE MODULES.
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 04:37
Hey there, I installed the latest version of DBP just today, and now nothing compiles. Not in any editor (codesurge/new editor/old). Windows (vista 32bit) gives me an error when i compile, with this :

This is really frustrating, and i think ill just reinstall dbp and stay at U74 untill things are a little more stable with U75.
anyways, hoping for a fix,
Aralox

PS: ive also posted this in http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=172260&b=1

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 18:37
Hi Lee

I did have the problem when changing fonts it would lock up. As I posted earlyer. I installed Beta 16 and it works ok now. I am running Vista.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

Attachments

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Lee

You really need a "feature request" forum for DBPro...

I was wondering if you could add a few new precompiler commands. They would be #begin and #endbegin. The purpose of the commands is simple. You want to add a "SomeUsefulFunctions.dba" file to your project, but "SomeUsefulFunctions.dba" requires some variabes and arrays that need to be declared before use. The declaration of those variables could be placed between #begin and #endbegin. The precompiler will move all #begin blocks to the very beginning (or perhaps a set location denoted with another command?) so that they get run before the rest of the code.

Right now I have several such files, and I have to "gosub SomeUsefulFunctions_Init" at the top for each included file which gets tedious. I plan to create my own precompiler for this purpose here soon but an official implementation would be awesome.

</my2cents>

RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2010 17:26 Edited at: 27th Jul 2010 19:35
~Bug Report~
Version: 7.5 beta 16
Issue:
SHIFT+Click does not highlight from the previous cursor position to the new cursor position.

Issue:
Hitting return after a IF, FOR, DO block statement automatically creates an ending block statement. This is expect, however what is not expected is when the end statement has already been placed, a second statement is placed again. Requiring the user to delete it. This happens to me a lot. For a new user, this may be quite confusing. I would suggest the IDE to detect if the ending statement is already in place and insert it based on those conditions. If this cannot be done easily, I would suggest removing the auto-complete ending block statement completely.

Issue:
Like above, when auto-completion takes place, the tabbing of that statement should be equal to the starting block statement. If I indent IF twice, then hit return, the auto-complete places ENDIF with no indention at all. I expect the indention of ENDIF to be equal to the IF statement (which is TWO indention's).

Issue:
No matter how I create and save a new project, "untitled.dba" file always ends up in the project folder. The first thing I do when I create a new project is "save as" the untitled.dba to main.dba.
Expected Behavior:
The "untitled.dba" should be a temporary file in a temporary folder at first and should not be in the project folder until the project is saved. Thus, if the user Saves As a new file name "untitled.dba" wont be left in the project directory.

Issue:
MOD isn't recognized as a keyword. While I do realize other operator signs aren't keywords, I believe MOD should be the exception. In addition, MOD should be added to the help files Index. It was difficult to find this command for me at first, as most other languages use the % sign instead; an index entry may have been useful.

Feature Request:
Please add the ability to expand/collapse IF blocks and the code they contain.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW! didn't know you'd fixed the debugger!

RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 19:27 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2010 19:28
Issue:
Double clicking on the DBPRO project file or DBA source code file initiates dbpro's exe (Windows prompts to run it as admin, that's how I can tell) however DBPro never opens. I have to open DBPro then use it's open dialog to find the project file.

Issue:
Not sure when the IDE started doing this, but for statements that are tabbed, the position of the text is incorrect. When Selecting the text it then shows the proper format, until unselected. Exiting DBPro does not fix this issue.
This issue was hard for me to describe in words. Please watch the video I uploaded showing the issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGoi2WA-3I

Issue:
Reverse/back tabbing doesn't appear to work correctly. SHIFT+TAB does move the text cursor back like it's suppose to, but it does not move the text back with it unless the text is selected first.
RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Issue:
Expand/collapse of FOR, DO, WHILE blocks don't work if they are nested.
Azdreamer3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I've been searching the boards and don't seem to find any answers. I've been using Dark Basic Pro 6.4 for a few years on my 32 bit Win Vista machine with no issues. Today I was trying to figure out how to make a game tall so I could put it on a large monitor rotated 90 sideways. I really need to be able to get this figured out. So I see the new version has more parameters for set display.. Hay might be the trick! Whoo Hoo

I should have guessed... now the agony starts.. I upgrade to 7.4 then to 7.5 reboot and turn off all other junk.

Load my program and hooray it says the program has stopped responding and the details say APPCRASH

It's real late at night and I am suppose to show the demo tomarrow.. now I cannot compile and run my programs.

- Run as Administartor doesn't do anything or help at all
- 7.5 won't run in Windows XP compatibility mode and says to turn it off
- d3drm.dll inthe folder doesn't do anything
- tried running from the editor and from the exe
Tried setting the temp directory to a new location in the editor no luck
- No Luck after a few successful compiles but none that actually ran without crashing, bot by trying the exe directly and also throught the compile run
- Also now getting UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR Comilation Failed (Syntax Errors) but guess what, I never touched the code, just open and compile.

Has ANYBODY figured out what's up... there is nothing in the details of the crash to lead me in the right direction.

So I reboot again and try loading simple demo programs. Everything crashes.

See here is the planetpotter crash dump

I'm not altogether stupid, but I've tried everything I can imagine to get it working, I hate to have to try and ininstall all this and rollback to the old DP Pro 6.4

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2010 13:32
hey Azdreamer3d i had the same problem - dbp works fine in 7.4, but not 7.5. (ive got 32bit vista too). just download the 7.4 upgrade and install it, and it should work.
Its frustrating, but the lack of response so far indicates to me that there isnt actually a solution, so i figure just give lee bamber and his crew time to work it out; im sure they will come up with a fix eventually.

Hope that works for you,
Aralox

http://www.freewebs.com/aralox/
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2010 04:52
good day

is dbpro_upgrade out of beta ?

can it be fully trusted to compile or should I keep watching
this thread ?

Resourceful@shaw.ca

If a thought is Just a thought ~ so whats the main thought ?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2010 14:23
Yes, it's out of beta.

You can always visit the following thread to get hold of the latest update (it's a "sticky" near the top of the Bug Reports board):

DBPro release details

The thread gives details of lots of other useful stuff too.
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2010 18:51
i am not assured that should create a new thread for this purpose somewhere. i have the following questions, concerning the new editor:
1. why function "Find and Replace" of the editor can find and replace only sequence from 37 symbols a maximum?
2. why it is impossible to use symbols ' and # in names of variables which i transfer in any my function?

error #0101:
- english language conflicts with a brains of this rabbit.
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 03:01
Hey people, just wondering if the beta release of U76 will be tested & discussed in an official TGC thread?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:55:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:55:52