Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Major In-Game Slow-Down Help! (uploaded example)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on this game and there are a couple of courtyards at the back of the mansion (not the one behind where you start) - but the ones you access through the underwater passage/hallway on the first floor. The one lit by the moon has a little slow-down but nothing too major, but the smaller one slows down so much that it's impossible to play. I've tried replacing the wall segments with normal room segments and enclosing down courtyards completely (all walls + ceiling) to see if that was the issue and it didn't help at all. It's not a lighting issue as I placed those in after the issue was already present. Could someone please check out my upload and tell me how to fix it, hopefully without loosing too much of the level's layout - thanks: http://crimsonnight.com/MansionTB.zip

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry should have tested the build but was pushed for time - for some reason the new game button was missing so I've reselected the button images and rebuilt it. It loads, although the loading bar also seems to be missing (no idea why as I just used the default 'mygame')? It's still located at: http://crimsonnight.com/MansionTB.zip

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone please help me? Really wanna get this game sorted

www.crimsonnight.com
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:32
Heya night, yes sadly this has been happening a lot to not only 10 users but x9 as well. There are these weird slow downs. Make sure you don't have to many dynamic objects.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats the thing I don't, the courtyards are seperated by a wall and just have the side of the building and a few stairs/walkway segments in them. I wondered if the wall wasn't separating the courtyards properly so that it was rendering the whole area at once thus causing the slow-down, but it still happened even when completely enclosing them in room segments - could someone please advise me on how I can eliviate/correct the issue?

www.crimsonnight.com
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 13:30
Quote: "Heya night, yes sadly this has been happening a lot to not only 10 users but x9 as well. There are these weird slow downs. Make sure you don't have to many dynamic objects."

Not me Mine seems 100% fine for both X9 and X10, I think it's a bug in the ealier versions of x9 and x10, some people refuse to update them.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
I have updated mine - can someone please download it, check it out and let me know what they think the problem is?

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th May 2010 16:01
I tried to download it, but it wouldn't extract for me.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers budokaiman but I've just downloaded it and it managed to unzip/play fine?

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
here's the .fpm file incase it helps - would really appreciate someone's help *begs*

www.crimsonnight.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 01:06
Would you mind telling what layer, and about where (x and y coordinates) of where you are talking about?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 02:23
Hmm I think its because you used a ridiculous amount of lights. Just my guess.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 04:14 Edited at: 20th May 2010 04:15
Sorry to hear this crimson, you are not the only one that i have seen this happen too, it can be a simple model or version that can make these results appear. Or as suggested, pushing the engine to far using mass amounts of media, lights etc.
I have helped many before(though not using x10), so my research may not be related. However you and any others are welcome to read the following links if you so wish. Though this is only a suggestion, it has worked for me and many others. All the best.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=119742&b=21

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=119579&b=21
This is a good one.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170384&b=21&p=0 - new photo attached to this one.

demo released.
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers guys!

@budokaiman - it's on layer 5 around X20/Z13

@Soviet176 - the problem existed before I included the lights, I just didn't want to stop development on this level

@Defy - I've tried simplifying the area and all nearby areas but the issue still occurs and I don't want to loose the design as I'm really happy with the way it's going. I'd really appreciate if you could take a look at it as you analysed Kaelin's level really well; could well be a simple engine error (like an invisible seg). Like I said, the error was occuring before the inclusion of lights/gantries/staircases in the area so I really can't work it out.

www.crimsonnight.com
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Im happy to take a look, though what version are you using?
And from what I understand, the level tests fine, just lags?

I can't test the map over night, though I will see if I find anything of interest and let you know. The only problem, if its what I've refered to, even trying to re-edit the area does sometime not help solve the problem. I may not be able to help you, though I will still make time to look.

All the best.
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Defy, I'd really appreciate that - I'm using the latest version of X10

www.crimsonnight.com
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@crimson, sorry I forgot to add in that last post that I dont use x10.
However I will see if someone can fire me some screen shots over or unless you have time maybe to take a few of the area in editor mode and post them up.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 21:42
I'd say that it is because of the largeness/openness of the room. If you had a ceiling, that should help, but because it is a courtyard, I understand that it would not work.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
thats the thing, I did replace the courtyard with standard room segements (inc ceiling) and the problem still occured which makes me think it's probably something else - also the other (bigger) courtyard's pretty much fine - cheers defy i'll take some screenies

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem only happens when you enter through the door on the bottom floor (well technically as you approach the door), entering from the top's fine until you face a certain direction. 1's the bottom layer and 5's the top btw. Thanks guys

www.crimsonnight.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the delay.
I am going to say after private discussions, alot has to do with your building style (how you have gone about the creation) not map style and the lights in the level (some are dynamic some are static). The report I have for you is if you remove each light, the results look as if you embedded them somehow. And does not change the result.
All I can suggest is rebuild the map completly. because if its a 2darray in a map that big it may be very hard to correct.

All the best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:34:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:34:36