Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / {X9} Death takes a holiday.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 04:10 Edited at: 5th Jun 2011 17:56
DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY

Story

A dying man`s journey through the shattered pieces of crossing light also known as Ouroboros.
The game uses implemented point and click inventory systems and puzzle solving technique.
Screenshots

Known bugs

The game may go to NOT RESPONDING state for a few minutes but if you wait will respond normally.
[center]THE LINK
[/center]

http://hotfile.com/dl/119884029/dfa0057/Death_takes_a_holiday.rar.html
I would like...

Comments and critics, please it does help me.
How to play

Like regular FPS only items are taken with ``left mouse button`` and inventory is opened with I

My paragon is not on the poster, its in the mirror.
GameBuilder
Years of Service
User Offline
1st screenie what is this ?

2nd is very good i like it

the game maybe good i dont know but give me more screenies

Game Builder

Am the original Game Builder ... Stop Looking At my Sig.

Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 17:35
Could you tell us more?
I'm interested in this....

[href]tophatforums.info[/href] - For all your project and gaming needs
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 17:54
Quote: "Could you tell us more?"

From the beginning this was meant to be test for my skills and my friends that helped me:
The story is set in Detroit, following a business man, Hugh Lambert, who died of a heart attack. He was then transfered to the D.M.S (Detroit Morris Hospital) morgue until his family signs the papers. In the same time a reaper named Death 14, makes his way to the earth to investigate death of his brother which was killed by a human. But since no one can see him in the real world, he must find a dead friend, soul that has not yet crossed the Styx river to help him navigate the earth. He teams up with a Hugh, helping him escape other reapers that came to take Hugh into the light.
Quote: "the game maybe good i dont know but give me more screenies"

There is a outdated trailer, but it still shows some progress.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b32vONKOs0&feature=related(The final downloadable version is much better then it looks like on the trailer)

Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 18:02
Thanks, it looks really good.

[href]tophatforums.info[/href] - For all your project and gaming needs
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2011 17:03
Well thank you

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2011 20:22 Edited at: 1st Oct 2012 04:12
Great game, I like the idea.

Great job!

-Tokyomage

Did you know that water is wet? - "The more you know"
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2011 22:45
Thank you tokyomage, I`m glad you liked it.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 02:26
I'd love to give you a review but I have given up on the game allready.

1st level:
7 minutes loading, 1 minute play (very short level)

2nd level:
8 minutes loading, 1 minute play (buggy)
Flashlight HUD did only cover 75% of the screen and I got stuck in the first room to the right...

Maybe some other time

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 02:37
Quote: "The Storyteller 01"

I dont know what to tell ya friend, I love your system of reviewing games but no one of my testers mentioned about 8 minutes long loading.
Quote: "Flashlight HUD did only cover 75% of the screen
"

How do you mean that?, is that a bug or?
If it is, i`d like to see a photo of it.

Cheers

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 12:34
Quote: "If it is, i`d like to see a photo of it. "

Next time I have 15 minutes to watch the loading bar, I'll take screens (maybe even use Wegame to record a reproduction of the stuck-bug). Promised!

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 22:10 Edited at: 7th Jun 2011 22:11
Storyteller you need to stop being rude about peoples work, your a condesending person and quite frankly no one apreciates it, so get a grip, and review peoples work accordingly, you are not IGN, Nor are you employed by any review site, so you dont need to act like your important, coz your just like all of us, wannabe game devs! well most of us.

im yet to see any work from you, just a piece of work your self!

p.s if this gets me banned then what ever, if he can get away with being a jerk then so should i, im just fed up of his pesamistic ways.

Deathkon 3000 is no longer in production..... and no their was no "curse" its just the fact i couldnt be botherd!
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 04:13 Edited at: 8th Jun 2011 04:14
Amen Nazareth.

@The Storyteller 01
I don't know you well so I don't know if that is just how you are or if you're just in a bad mood, but seriously, try the nicer approach. I don't want to get into any argument.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 23:58 Edited at: 9th Jun 2011 00:01
Quote: "Nazareth entertainment: im yet to see any work from you, just a piece of work your self!"

You can find one of my lots of downloadable stuff here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171157&b=23
It's a demo game for my script pack, which has more puzzles and story than most of the "games" in the WIP thread. It's also longer than most.

I could post half a dozen other links but I don't want to JackSparrow this thread, I just wanted to remind you to do some research before you get personal.

Quote: "Nazareth entertainment:Nor are you employed by any review site, so you dont need to act like your important, coz your just like all of us, wannabe game devs! well most of us"

If I'd be like "all of you" my reviews would be a single sentence like "great game, best i ever played etc. etc."

Obviously I am not.

And frankly, my opinion only matters to the developer of the game and everybody else who is having a problem , is invited to write me really rude & hatefull mail if it makes him or her feel better - instead of spamming a WIP thread

Quote: "Beastleetspeak: I don't want to get into any argument"
Grown-ups have a simple method deveolped -->I you don't want something, don't do it.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 00:30
Quote: "It's a demo game for my script pack, which has more puzzles and story than most of the "games" in the WIP thread. It's also longer than most."

Well thank you, me and other developers with their "games" in WIP threads are grateful to read that someone is better than us.
And you`re also a Penumbra fan? Am I right?

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 04:50 Edited at: 9th Jun 2011 10:40
@Delusional

i am down loading the game and will repost my crits and opion here.

another thing, did you this name from a tv show called supernatural...(like that show)

edit : 6 - 09 -2011
At first i had problems. i had different screen resolutions then the game resolutions : my cursor wasn't pick up the objects but when i change the game resolution to comp resolution, everything was fone afterwards.
sounds: freak me out, the only thing i notice is music is much louder then the background noise so i have to keep adjusting the sound when music came on (turn down) and (turn up) to hear the background noise.

i like the game so far, just can't get past that on part u use something and then you die..... (i don't want spoil for others)

i also like those pic you have on the wall about aid, smoking and other stuff. i also saw a bud beer.

not trying to be a hater here with this statement...{not the worst game i dl and play..believe there were some after i acouple minute i quit and delete from computer. a very good game were i was scare everytime i go some were new not knowing what i would run into.

i didn't know fpsc could make these types of game..i thought just shooters was the only thing you can make.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 15:44
Quote: "another thing, did you this name from a tv show called supernatural...(like that show)"

Heh, I do like the show, but the original inspiration came from here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025037/plotsummary

Quote: "i like the game so far, just can't get past that on part u use something and then you die..... (i don't want spoil for others)
"

Hm, strange, could you post more about that, give a screenshot or something, It would be appreciated.

Anyways, thank you Leo877, for your review

Cheers

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 02:06
i don't think its a bug but more of what i am doing...one thing i notice is if i tried to make a save game and load the loading freeze. like i said i don't want to spoil it for others.
have you watch all the episode of supernatural.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 14:58
Quote: "have you watch all the episode of supernatural."

The last one: The man who knew too much right?

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 01:53 Edited at: 11th Jun 2011 01:55
@Nazereth Entertainment:
Many people appreciate Storyteller's reviews. In this instance he is letting the developer of the game know about a problem he is having on his system. If it's happening to him, I assume the same thing will happen to others and if Delusional Games knows about it, he can fix it. Also, whether or not he is a professional reviewer so long as his feedback is constructive and not just "lolwot this suxxors" he is well within his right to do so at this forum.

Quote: "Well thank you, me and other developers with their "games" in WIP threads are grateful to read that someone is better than us."

This response was in reply to Nazereth Entertainment, and Storyteller was defending himself. He wasn't making a comment about your game

Anyway, I tried multiple time to download the file, but I keep being told my captcha is incorrect. I'm 99.9% certain I didn't make an error (and if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't have made an error every, single, time I tried to download it) and I'm not going to go premium to download the file. It's a shame as I genuinely wanted to try this out.

Your sig has been redacted by...
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 02:59
Quote: "This response was in reply to Nazereth Entertainment, and Storyteller was defending himself. He wasn't making a comment about your game "

See how, not knowing English so good, can make you say something wrong. {Native Serbian Speaker}
Quote: "Anyway, I tried multiple time to download the file, but I keep being told my captcha is incorrect. I'm 99.9% certain I didn't make an error (and if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't have made an error every, single, time I tried to download it) and I'm not going to go premium to download the file. It's a shame as I genuinely wanted to try this out."

Hahaha that happened to me once I wanted to download some math tests some professor posted on the net. I tried with a different browser and it worked.

Cheers to ya all

Ceckert44
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking game (I'm gonna download) where did you get the flashlight I've been looking all over for one.

Amateur Game Producer xD
Current Works in Progress:
Darkest Night
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 23:15
Thank you ceckert44,
And about the flashlight, its not a weapon.
You`l figure it out when you play the game.

Greetings

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2011 17:39
It was cool, got to the second level, but there is a bug. In the first room (after the red rain place) if you go to the dark corner in the left, you get through the level. BTW, second level, love the radio thing you did.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 21:04
Looks great

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1126/omegamer.th.png
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 12:20
Quote: "Looks great"

Thank you Omegamer, and just to know, the textures in your official texture thread are very useful for the project i`m working on right now.

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
@Delusional Games - This is one of not many that I downloaded to try and then give some feedback too as the screenies looked pretty cool, but I got insanely fed up of the loading screen at the beginning... Seemed like it was unpacking with Vishnu but even after 10-15 minutes it was still moving like 0.0001% every second

Want your games to look professional? Website! - Thread!
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 18:11
Quote: " This is one of not many that I downloaded to try and then give some feedback too as the screenies looked pretty cool, but I got insanely fed up of the loading screen at the beginning... Seemed like it was unpacking with Vishnu but even after 10-15 minutes it was still moving like 0.0001% every second
"

Well since , I believe, all of the computers that werent able to run fpsc games properly had went to the carnival of archaism. The only remaining answer to this `slooooooow loading` trouble is I believe the game itself. None of my testers had encountered this problem and I apologize for useless time you spent downloading the game that loads slowly because the developer screwed something up. (Now that`s a long sentence) Anyway, try starting it with an administrator privileges.
And Cheers

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 19:53
I'm glad you like them.
If you want me to make more texturework for your project send me a mail I'm always happy to help

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
@Delusional Games - Try not to respond in a childish manner when I took the time to download your game to give it a try and review.

If you as a developer can't take the time to respond to people's problems of 'slow loading' then you aren't going to get anywhere as a developer.

FYI, I'm running XP so there is no UAC, makes no odds at all. Disappointed in your reply.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 15:59
I think he can´t do something against slow loading, hey man its FPSC

I have a loading time of around 20 sec. and its working great

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
@omegamer - if you noticed in my post, I stated it was the vishnu packer that was causing the slow loading, not fpsc. All other downloaded games from here and WIP work fine and I'm not the first one to complain at this issue so Delusional Games should be looking at solving this issue rather than giving negative feedback.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 16:42
Quote: "Try not to respond in a childish manner when I took the time to download your game to give it a try and review."

That wasn`t a negative feedback, that`s how I talk. I`m not an English speaker and sometimes you guys really confuse me. I tried everything to be nice and its always the same. Someone gets insulted. I really cant solve that problem with unpacking.
And I`m sorry you`re disappointed because I don`t speak English good, and sometimes I make mistakes in sentences.

Quote: "I'm glad you like them.
If you want me to make more texturework for your project send me a mail I'm always happy to help
"

I will contact you, you really make some quality textures.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 16:55
Quote: " if you noticed in my post, I stated it was the vishnu packer that was causing the slow loading, not fpsc. All other downloaded games from here and WIP work fine and I'm not the first one to complain at this issue so Delusional Games should be looking at solving this issue rather than giving negative feedback."

Sorry I misunderstood

Quote: "I will contact you, you really make some quality textures."

Thx can´t wait to make some more!!!

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 00:53
@ delusional game

i got stuck or can not get pass the big dog looking thing. any help to get pass that.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 16:09
Quote: "i got stuck or can not get pass the big dog looking thing. any help to get pass that."

Turn on the radio to make a distraction and then hide in the corner...
Cheers

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 00:26
I can't proceed in the second level, it says I need something sharp to open the vent and I did find something sharp from the toilet, but I don't seem to be able to use it... I pressed every key in my keyboard and I couldn't get it open.

Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 14:14
Quote: "I can't proceed in the second level, it says I need something sharp to open the vent and I did find something sharp from the toilet, but I don't seem to be able to use it... I pressed every key in my keyboard and I couldn't get it open.
"

You need something `thin` to open a vent (use a razor on a teddy bear on the bench,(its a rip off from one of the silent hill 2 puzzles)).
And then use a needle on the vent.

Cheers
and thank you for trying my game.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2011 22:59
Ah, thank you, I remembered it wrong then I will proceeeed...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:27:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:27:33