Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / CodeSurge -- DarkBASIC Professional IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 18:47 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 18:50
Damned fine work hyrichter. Looks like my project will continue on your editor.

It's fast and solid. It also gives me correct error lines (so far, I know there are still issues), highlights keywords, and tells me the progress while it's compiling.

When you finalize this thing, I'll pay for it. If for nothing else, then because it's far, far better than something I've already paid for.

Can I ask for two additions? I don't know if you've already said, or if someone already asked.

1. keyword and function parameter display. As in, if you click on a keyword or function, you can tell at a glance what all of the parameters are. Blue IDE displayed it at the bottom of the window. Synergy hovered some little bar over the command. However you do it, I find it such a useful feature. It saves me from having to look up my own crazy function parameters.

2. A progress bar on the compiler. I know, it's dumb. But I still like it.

Great work!! Thanks!!!

Come see the WIP!
Tartopom
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried the new version, and same problem than before for the line number.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 19:11 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 19:35
I'm off to the bug forum with this line number thing. I've been using the blackout source as as my test, and up until line 3478 (of the full source dump), the line numbers report correctly (this is from the compiler). At line 3478, there is a massive select case block. Everything after that gets more and more off on the line numbers. But it's really odd because there are lots of other case statements before that one (but not as big) Maybe it's because that one has nested case statements or something, but it's very annoying. I can put blank lines, comments, or whatever before this select block, just anything after it gets messed up.

Thanks for the good comments, Cash. I'm hoping to get something done for command parameters (see my previous posts). I'll see what I can work out for a compiler progress bar, but it won't be on the high priority list.

Good performance is better than a good excuse.
CodeSurge -- DBP Editor for serious programmers.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 20:17
Have you tried deleting the case-select statement completely?

It turns out I downloaded an earlier version of your editor, but most of the things I said still hold.

Join the BlackOut Forum Today
Xo TwOfAcE oX
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 09:05
Ok, this will probably be the last update for a little while. This update is mostly polishing the features that are already in the IDE. The next update I will have many, many more features added. The top two priorities on my list are to save your layout and to let you customize the editor colors. Then I'll worry about the things like function parameters and code completion.

So, what did I do to this version?
Terminating a compile actually terminates properly.
The compiler progress window now shows the total number of lines to compile so you get an idea of how long your project will take to compile.
Fixed the bug where if you had an error and then fixed it, the IDE would still jump to the line your last error was on after a successful compile.
Added a Goto Line# feature.
Project menu now has options to show the project folder and to open all your project's files
Fixed a bug where the IDE wouldn't close if you had more files open than could be shown across the tab bar. This actually appears to be an error with the control I'm using, but just clearing all the tabs before closing the IDE seems to have fixed the problem.
Fixed a bug where it wouldn't properly save a new project if you opened up a random .dba file and tried to make a new project out of it.

Known issues:
The DBP compiler gives the wrong line number when you have comments inside case statements. This isn't the fault of my IDE, but I thought you should be aware. See the DBP bug reports board for info.
The IDE won't warn you to save your projects if you just close it down.
Sometimes when you drag the scrollbar on the editor, it tries selecting your text. It seems to usually happen right after you open a file. After you click around or type a bit, it seems to work fine. I think it has to do with the Windows MDI system which can be rather annoying to say the least.
Any other problems you happen to notice. Please let me know.

I don't know how long it will take me to get the next update ready. Unless this one happens to have major showstopper bugs, it will probably be your last update for a month or so.

Enjoy and as always, send your comments my way.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 10:44
Has anyone pointed out the right clicking text doesn't do anything? I feel like I'm missing a finger when I can't copy / cut and paste with the mouse while I'm coding.

I look forward to using this update!

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 15:14
Quote: "Has anyone pointed out the right clicking text doesn't do anything?"

Yes, Hamish did, and I'm already aware of it. It's just that I rarely use the mouse for CCP(cut/copy/paste), and I wanted more commands like "Insert rgb color", "Comment selected text", and things like that to make it worthwhile.

Have patience please. At least I haven't charged you for it yet.

Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 18:06
I haven't actually looked at the program yet (although, it sounds promising!), but you mentioned:

Quote: "The IDE won't warn you to save your projects if you just close it down."

If you are unsure how to do this, and are using C++ Win32 programming, then you can capture the WM_DESTROY message, and before you call the PostQuitMessage(0) function, prompt for a save, no save, or cancel...

PsuedoCode:

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
http://jt0.org
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 18:12
Quote: "Have patience please. At least I haven't charged you for it yet."

Seriously. Hey, I just want a good application be as good as it can.

Your editor is marvelously small and fast and stable. Synergy is like the zombified remains of several half-working applications, surgically joined in an un-holy way. I've been bitching about it for months, and in one simple update you fix more than John Y has ever fixed. I think he's a good guy, but in over his head using big expensive slow components when he should be using small cheap fast coding.

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 18:25 Edited at: 28th Jun 2006 18:25
Quote: "if you are unsure how to do this, and are using C++ Win32 programming, then you can capture the WM_DESTROY message"

I'm aware of how to do it, but I've been too lazy. (Well, not really lazy, but I've just been focusing on what I consider more important bug fixes/features.) It warns you when you close individual tabs though.

BTW, I'm also using Delphi, not c++.

Quote: "Seriously. Hey, I just want a good application be as good as it can."

That's what I'm working for, but I do have to sleep every once in a while. These last few updates have started to take a toll on my alertness.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 18:56
Thanks for the update, shame that the next one is so far away, but as long as it has all the features I ever wanted and more (MUCH MORE!), I'll resist the urge to slaughter you.

Quote: "case WM_DESTROY:
int return = MessageBox(blah, blah);
switch(return){
case SAVE:
//save code here
PostQuitMessage(0);
break;

case NO_SAVE:
PostQuitMessage(0);
break;

case CANCEL:
break;
}"

C++ fools! In Delphi you just have to double click the event in a list and type in the code you want to run on that event (not that I like Delphi or anything).

Quote: "Synergy is like the zombified remains of several half-working applications, surgically joined in an un-holy way."

I've been wondering how to describe Synergy. I hope that John gets it fixed up though, for his sake and for his customers' sakes (I don't see why TGC took it on as an officially supported editor when it is clearly still in the beta stage).

Join the BlackOut Forum Today
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 15:30
at startup the IDE tells me that it can not find my installation of DarkBasic Pro.

it's probably just because i haven't re-installed it after i installed windows. i'm on my laptop at work, so when we need to re-install windows, i make a backup on another disk of what i want to save, after the fresh install, i just copy it back where it belongs. but this means the registry files are cleaned.)

i'm also not able to tell codesurge where the helpfiles / compiler is located. i think you need it added for people like me.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 16:44
Yes, you'll need the entry in your registry for it to know where the compiler is. You can do it manually if you want to. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE and add a key called "Dark Basic". Then create a subkey called "Dark Basic Pro" and add string value to it named "INSTALL-PATH". Set the value of "INSTALL-PATH" to your DBP install path (something like "C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional") Make sure you don't put a backslash on the end of the path.

Quote: "i'm also not able to tell codesurge where the helpfiles / compiler is located. i think you need it added for people like me."

Good idea.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 17:47
@Cash Curtis II:

I think what Synergy issue is that he tries to use the "latest" and greatest of stuff when some of us refuse to leave Win2000. I mean, the last thing I read was that he was making it look like Vista. I personally have NO intention of even looking at Vista until 365 days after it comes out and after the first Service Pack.

hyrichter, keep up the excellent work and I look forward to using your editor. I been looking at Synergy but with the obviously lacking customer service and the non discloure of what version you are downloading/running...it seems a waste of money.

-This...is my boomstick!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 18:01
I honestly think that he's trying to exceed his programming capabilities with expensive components. The result is terrible.

CodeSurge is small, fast, and stable. It's missing a few core features I like, but I trust it as an editor. That's the most important thing, I believe. I've begun seriously using it on my project.

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 18:17
Guys, let's not turn this into a Synergy bashing thread. I hope John can make Synergy be a decent editor as well. The only reason I started writing this IDE was because I didn't really like any of the other ones.

Quote: "I've begun seriously using it on my project."

Awesomeness.

Glenn Carter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 18:23
Very good new version - I'm on the verge of switching to this editor completely.

Great work so far.

A couple of quick points:

F1 help is a must!
In some editors when your cursor is on a command word it comes up with syntax help in the status line - any chance of something like that?

Glenn Carter
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 18:45
Quote: "F1 help is a must!"

You must not have downloaded the latest version:
Download Here
I'm still working on the context sensitive help, where you put your cursor on a command, hit F1, and get the help for that command.

Quote: "In some editors when your cursor is on a command word it comes up with syntax help in the status line - any chance of something like that?"

Yes, and I've mentioned it several times in previous posts. I hope that my next major update will have this in it.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 05:27 Edited at: 1st Jul 2006 13:53
@hyrichter

Pretty soon codesurge will replace BlueIDE as my editor of choose as well.

Keep up the great work.

Balid

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done, the newton fps demo now works properly!!

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB ram, Geforce 6600 GTX, 250GB HDD
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 18:16 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 05:44
It's update time again!

I decided I may as well let you guys have this update, even though it doesn't have all the feautures I wanted to have by now. The main thing is that now you can set your own editor colors, font, etc., and the editor will now remember your layout settings. When you launch the IDE the first time, it will create a file called cssettings.ini in the same path as the IDE. If you mess things up too much, just delete this file, and everything will go back to default settings.

I also added a right click menu in the editor for cut/copy/paste, etc., so that should make Cash Curtis II a little happier.

There haven't been many comments since my last update. Please guys, I need your comments so I can make this the best DBP IDE ever in existence. I'm wondering though, what does everyone think of function folding? Is it really necessary to you? I have almost zero need for it, but if enough people think it's necessary, I'll see if I can get it implemented.

My next step is to get CodeInsight(intellisense for you VS guys) implemented. Then I'll work on function parameter tips--even for your own functions, and even if they're in included files. Wow, still lots of work to do, but it's progressing very well.

Download is attached to this post. Play with it, curse at it, use it, try to break it, and let me know what you think.

BTW, I would really appreciate it if someone could make a spiffy icon and logo for this IDE. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a cup of coffee with a lighting bolt through it.

Attachments

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:21
Hyrichter - Good work! The IDE is very clean and managable. I ran into a problem (I don't know if this has yet been discussed or not), the problem that I am facing is that the IDE is returning an error when I try to institute the following command: 'load bitmap ".\Images\intrologo.png"', which is odd because it works in BlueIDE and the default DBPro IDE. It tells me that it can't load the bitmap at line 276.

Another thing that I noticed is that I was unable to find the option to add curors to the project or to modify the executable icon. Being able to add several cursors through the IDE is really useful, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?

Either way, I love the ability to show/stretch/hide the MDI children windows for the properties and project settings. Really good work! This was my first time trying it out.

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is working!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:29 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 19:29
Hmmm, that's odd. Did you make sure to save the project in the IDE before compiling? All the media files I've asked it to load it did just fine, but I never tried loading them from a parent directory like that.

Quote: "Another thing that I noticed is that I was unable to find the option to add curors to the project or to modify the executable icon."

Sorry, I haven't added it yet, but I'll try to have it there in the next update. Thanks for the good comments.

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:34
Yeah, I just tried saving all of the files and compiled with the same error. Look into referencing files from subdirectories, it becomes necessary on larger projects. I have in upwards of 8000 lines of code and 500 media files on one of my projects alone. Without parsing my media into subdirectories, managing this would be difficult at best.

Nice IDE, I look forward to the Icon/cursor update!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 20:02
I just tried this code:

And it worked fine -- the image was loaded and pasted just like you would expect. It acts like it's creating a temp project file and sending it to the compiler (Codesurge Path\temp\), and so the path for your images is wrong. Maybe a little more explanation of how your media structure is or something might help me get to the bottom of this.

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 20:07
OK, I will see if I can help you out on tracing down this issue today. I will post any further data which can help and keep you up on my findings

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 22:34
very cool indeed. it have come a far way since last i tried it out. (last time it couldn't find my dbpro application).

it is very easy to use, and when i want to find something, it's like i know where to look

however; when i press the big shiny red button with a cross on it, in the top right corner, the application closes.

oh, and don't mind my logo. i have no talent at all at 2d, but i had fun when i made it because it gave me something to laugh at

Attachments

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 23:42
Quote: "however; when i press the big shiny red button with a cross on it, in the top right corner, the application closes. "

I knew I was forgetting something! I don't know why I keep overlooking that as it's only a one or two minute project to get it to ask you to save changes before it closes. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote: "oh, and don't mind my logo. i have no talent at all at 2d, but i had fun when i made it because it gave me something to laugh at "

LOL, you just gave me something to laugh at as well.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a suggestion, I dunno if anyone has said it yet or if you have already implemented it, but perhaps give us the ability to collapse certain lines of code, like you can do with functions. That way we can organize things better.

[url=http://www.silver-dawn.net]www.Silver-dawn.net[url]
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 05:33
Quote: "perhaps give us the ability to collapse certain lines of code, like you can do with functions."

Currently there is no code-folding whatsoever in this IDE. It's rather far down on the list of priorities, I'm afraid. But if enough people think it's a necessary feature, I'll figure out a way to implement it.

But surely you would've noticed there was no code folding if you'd actually bothered to download it and try it?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 06:27 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 06:28
Quote: "I also added a right click menu in the editor for cut/copy/paste, etc., so that should make Cash Curtis II a little happier. "

Oh, you're a saint. This version is great. I don't have to move toolbars around on startup any more. And right click!! Oh my...

Function folding is nice in theory, but I think that the complication of adding them outweighs the benefit. I've never seen them actually work correctly anyway. If you decide to implement them, I'd certainly put it low on my list. I think that a cool folding feature would be the ability to fold every function. Then, browsing code would be a snap.

But the editor is great. Once you put in keyword and function parameter listing, I think that it will be the best, fastest, most functional editor in existence. I could certainly see TGC using this editor. It's so small too!!

One thing that I appreciate in your editor is the ability to browse through my list of functions. It makes navigating my code easy.

Might I make another feature request?

I'd sure love it if CodeSurge could do something like in the picture. Basically, outlining all of the for...next and if...then blocks graphically. I find that a big help in an editor.

One problem I still noticed - when you drag the scrollbar up or down, it selects huge chunks of code. Nothing terrible, just a bit annoying some times.

Great work!! I look forward to future versions!

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 06:41
Hi Cash, and thanks for the good comments.

I like your idea there of outlining. Not sure when/if it'll get done, but I would definitely put it higher on the list than code folding.

Quote: "One problem I still noticed - when you drag the scrollbar up or down, it selects huge chunks of code. Nothing terrible, just a bit annoying some times."

I wish I could figure this out. I think it's something to do with the Windows MDI system. Once you click around a bit in the editor or edit some text the problem goes away. I'm still looking to find a way to fix it because it definitely is annoying -- as is the entire Windows MDI system. I have to keep finding work arounds for about everything I do.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 07:00 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 07:00
Quote: "I like your idea there of outlining. Not sure when/if it'll get done, but I would definitely put it higher on the list than code folding."

Very cool.

Oh, one more thing. After the editor has been open for a long time... 12 hours? 24 hours? I'm not sure. I tend to get some type of error, fatal exception or something. I wish I remembered what it was.

The editor doesn't shut down, and I can still save and exit properly. Next time it happens, I'll try and take a screenshot. I guess I shouldn't keep my editor open that long anyway.

*Btw, I'm not at the computer for that long. I tend to leave it open when I leave the computer.

Come see the WIP!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 07:23 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 07:24
Hi hyrichter.

Long time user of BlueIDE and like it. Looks nicer than the old official one, and more stable than Synergy. But well, it's no longer supported, and the help system drives me crazy the way it can blink in front and then go away.

I hope your help system makes a dockable window (like Synergy) so that help is always visible and we don't have to hunt for it.

I've asked around about this, but not sure how feasible it is...

You are going to get keywords working, which I assume the syntax highlighter will color it blue or whatever color you'd like to define.

Well would it be possible that when someone creates a DBPro function, that can also be part of another set realtime "keywords" and have it as a separate highlighted color (heck I'd settle for a menu option to update these keywords)? I exclusively use functions in my code, and I'd love to see DBPro functions as blue and my functions as purple, or whatever. I think it would make things easier to read.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 18:37
Well, I finally traced down why the IDE was selecting large blocks of code when you dragged the scroll bar. It came down to an Application.processMessages command in the code that updates the code explorer. Windows was sending the editor messages that you were dragging the mouse, and it thought it was supposed to select text as well as scroll. So, the solution was simple -- don't update the code explorer while the user is scrolling. I just wish tracing the error would've been as simple as writing the solution. Anyway, here's an update that fixes that problem.

I also added in the DBP About screen when you click help->about so you can see what version of DBP you have installed.

Quote: "I hope your help system makes a dockable window (like Synergy) so that help is always visible and we don't have to hunt for it."

Good idea, although I have the help window set so that it stays on top no matter what, so that you can edit code and still see the helpfile. Docking would be nice though, and it won't be much work for me, so you'll see it implemented soon.

Quote: "Well would it be possible that when someone creates a DBPro function, that can also be part of another set realtime "keywords" and have it as a separate highlighted color"

That's actually a good idea, and it won't be that hard for me to implement either since I've already got the names of your functions in the function browser. Expect to see this in the next major update. (You won't have to worry about updating your keywords. It can do it automatically, just as the code explorer updates automatically.)

Attachments

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 18:51 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 18:51
I really like the idea of tagging the 'if/endif's, this would be of great use. I sometimes have to stack 5 or 6 if's inside a 200 line chunk of code and having them color coded or associated visually someway would be a godsend. I still haven't looked into my problem I was having with the IDE, perhaps I will do that today.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 22:16 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 19:01
Hello.

I have try your IDE and is fantastic .
You are doing a very good work.

Also, A request. ¿Can you add a option to run the CertificateViewer, at the startup, like the original IDE?

Thanks for making this IDE.

Zerk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 03:40 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 03:48
Hey... I have to say this IDE is FANTASTIC! I think TGC should give you some money and adopt your IDE and s**tcan the other one.

I have a request also, how about a place in the project manager to put command line parameters that get executed with the exe?

And a bug report. In Editor Preferences->Syntax Checking , the "Symbol" attribute will not save the background color, it always makes it the forground color. Its fine it you dont change it.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. ~Hal-9000
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 07:29 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 07:38
Wow, guys. Thanks for all the good comments, bug reports, and feature requests.

Quote: "Can you add a option to run the CertificateViewer, at the startup, like the original id?"

Not sure what you mean here. I just see a small screen when I first start the default IDE, and then it goes away. Is it something that shows all your licensed plugins or something?

Quote: "how about a place in the project manager to put command line parameters that get executed with the exe?"

Good idea there. It probably won't be real high on the priority list, but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote: "the "Symbol" attribute will not save the background color, it always makes it the forground color."

Oops It was just a simple typo in my code. I had typed fgColor.ColorValue instead of bgColor.ColorValue;. That was easy to fix.

Thanks again everyone.

Edit: I just realized that the IDE won't save your color preferences. The saving of the docked forms was overwriting it, but I have it fixed now. I'll have you a new version uploaded soon with a few other fixes/tweaks as well.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 19:10
Quote: "
Not sure what you mean here. I just see a small screen when I first start the default IDE, and then it goes away. Is it something that shows all your licensed plugins or something?"

Yes is these Screen . Its not very important but I like it (is the currect image in my signature ), and help to check if the licensed puglins are good installed.

The .EXE are located at "Compiler\TGCCertificateViewer.exe"

Your IDE will be very famous

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 04:16 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 04:28
Wow, pretty cool! I have a suggestion, a skin editor for the iDE! heheh, just kidding...
You rock, man!

Portfolio: http://mike-inel.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Currently doing: http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24575
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 04:19
Doesn't Compile->Debug mode work for you?

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 04:34
Heheh, I just didn't found it earlier... heheheheheheheheh... Sorry.....
Another suggestion, a status bar or help bar that shows the function/syntax of the highlighted command. (Just like in the default iDE)

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 04:39
And an open recent list maybe? Sorry if i'm asking too much...

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 05:11
You're not asking too much. If you read through my previous posts, you'll see that I plan to include all of what you're asking (except the skin browser, lol. ) Well, actually I didn't say I was going to put in an open recent list, but it's been on my mind.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 05:49 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 05:51
I have a suggestion. Can you make segments of code collapsable similar to how they do it with functions in the default IDE? I think it would be really cool and would help keep code more organized.

edit:

Another suggestion. The ability to permanently highlight code with a custom color. That way when you are scrolling through 1000+ lines its not hard to find a certain area.

I'm working on a high res photorealistic texture pack. High res as in 7 megapixels, e-mail me with suggestions.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 06:13
Looking great so far.

Small suggestion.

Under color preferences, could you add a group called "Scope Keywords" which has the potential to highlight for...next if...then function...endfunction etc a different color instead of the color of DBPro functions (keywords). BlueIDE does this and I think it looks shnazzy. Or maybe I'm just used to it.

Looks like "as" doesn't highlight.

local x as integer <== just local & integer highlight

Quick question... how did you get the exe so small? What is this written in?

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 06:14
Quote: "Another suggestion. The ability to permanently highlight code with a custom color. That way when you are scrolling through 1000+ lines its not hard to find a certain area."

That's a fantastic idea!

Skin browswer - no way. Just a waste.

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 06:23 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 06:23
Quote: "Another suggestion. The ability to permanently highlight code with a custom color. That way when you are scrolling through 1000+ lines its not hard to find a certain area."

Neat idea, but please let me get the more important stuff done first .
Quote: "Looks like "as" doesn't highlight."

The IDE looks in all the .ini files in your keywords folder. So, if a keyword isn't highlighted, just open up one of the files in there and add it.

Quote: "Quick question... how did you get the exe so small? What is this written in?"

Behold the power of Delphi. I started with Delphi 7, but later moved it to Delphi 2006. I'm using Synedit for the editor control (had to modify it to understand DBP keywords) and the JEDI components for all the nice GUI features. Both are open source and really awesome.

As for a skin browser, no way. There are waaaaaayyy more important things to work on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:34:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:34:55