UPDATED: 29th April 2011
I'm aware that Dave J had a thread setup for this but it seems to have gone dead, back in February. So, i've decided to create new and up-to-date Plugin thread which contains the URL's to all the FREE plugins available for DarkBASIC Pro (and maybe DBC too).
I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date for as long as I can, so if you spot a free plugin that isn't on the list, feel free to post it here along with a link.
Thank you to everyone who has helped keep this list up-to-date.
Here is the list:
- Allows you to record AVIs from inside DBP. Now tthhhis is cool!!!
Add Font Plugin
- Plugin by Cloggy. Not quite sure on how it's used yet.
AI A* Pathfinding Plugin
- Exactly what you would expect. A nice, intelligent pathfinding AI plugin.
- Over 88 additional commands for manipulating sprites, images and pixel perfect sprite collision. Created by Mod. Original thread here
Anisotropic Filtering DLL
- Allows you to apply Anisotropic filtering to an object's texture.
- Adds the ability to draw several filled or unfilled 2D shapes on screen. Created by Diggsey.
BMP Font Plugin
BMP Font Kit
- A Bitmap Font plugin created by Sven B.
Blitz Terrain (Free Version)
- A LOD Terrain Plugin for DBPro and DGDK, complete with its own, fast rendering engine, seperate from the DBP one.
BBB GUI Plugin
- A Windows GUI plugin for DBP. Created by Brendy Boy.
Cartography shop importer plugin
-Allows you to import levels from cartography shop, straight into DBP
- Allows you to use the command prompt (console) for debugging purposes.
Community commands DLL
- A bunch of extra commands that various people have requested. Thanks to chunks chunks for this one.
Direct 3D Functions DLL
- Damn cool, it's a must have!
DKShop & DKAVM Plugins (updated)
- Advanced Vertex Manipulation and More
- Another Great networking plugin!
- Created by Zappo
DB Functions DLL
- Adds some very useful commands. Diggsey's first plugin.
- An ODBC Database plugin for DBPro. Allows connection to any data source that has an ODBC compliant driver. Official Web Page Here
- An Open Audio Library (OpenAL) wrapper for DBPro. Created by Syncaidius.
Enhanced Audio Plugin V1.51
Enhanced Audio Plugin V1.55(beta)
EZ Rotate (Free Version)
EZ Serv Plguin
- A networking plugin by CattleRustler. Great for multiplayer games. Link goes to his site.
Extended DLL Plugin
- Allows you to enter more than 9 perameters per DLL, and a hole lot more. Created by Aaron Miller (DB user 2006+)
Faster File Plugin
- This nifty plugin allows you to transfer multiple files over FTP. Created by Warship45
Goga's Free FTP Plugin
Goga's SMTP Plugin
Goga's Free DBP Plugin V2.0
- A variety of different stuff
Grass System Plguin
- You should really check this out for yourself, it's a pretty decent plugin!
GUI (Windows) Plugin
- A great, free GUI plugin created by Aaron Miller (DB User 2006+).
- Anyone looking to encrypt their game content should download this plugin.
Image Kit V2
- Quoted from thread: "Allows the user to manipulate images without having to convert it to a memblock, making it much faster. When using target images, you can even use the GPU to render to images or the screen with an incredible speed". Created by Sven B.
Lua 5.1 Plugin
- Enables DBP to load and run Lua scripts. Created by Barnski.
Lua 5.1 Plugin
- Another Free plugin that enables DBP to load and run Lua scripts. Created by Coolgames.
Limb Alpha Plugin
- Limb Alpha Mapping, Like it says!
Levenshtein String Distance
- A simple but powerful plugin that allows 2 strings to be compared with each other to see how similar they are. Useful for things like spell checkers.
Matrix1Util Plugin Collection
- One of the biggest collections of free plugins available, with access to nearly 900 additional commands.
- Networking plugin, useful for multiplayer games.
MS Access Database Plugin
- Allows the use of Access Databases in DBP.
- Used for loading FMP or FMA files from the Mappy Editor
Message Box Plugin
- Created by DB user 2006+.
MultiSync Plugin V1.0 (New)
- Much better than the first Multisync plugin!
- Allows the control of midi ports on your system
- Adds some decent support for playing MP3 files. I recommend you check this one out. Click here
to visit thread.
Mathematical Expression Plugin
- Allows you to input mathematical strings (e.g. "2*2") and retrieve the result of it. Created by Rudolpho
Newton game Dynamics Wrapper V1.53
- One of the best FREE physics engine's available for DBP, as well as being one of the oldest. Lastest version by tiresius.
- A New Plugin for ODBC Database Support. Created by n0isy.
Object LOD plugin
- Allows you to add as many LOD levels to an object as you like, unlike the limit of 3 with the built in DBP LOD system. Created by Kaedroho.
- Allows you to send files to a printer from within DBP. Created by Zappo
- Simple plugin to allow the use of QuadTrees and 2D ray casting.
RTS Build Order DLL
- A must have for RTS game makers!
- Allows you to access RAR achives from your DBP application
- Random, but useful functions
Sparky's Collison DLL V2.0
- Super fast collision system. Another Damn Cool plugin, Get it!
SIRDs - Single Image Random Dot Stereogram DLL
- Heres Jess T's project page for this plugin: http://jt0.org/projects/?id=sirds
SC68 Player Plugin
- Allows you to use SC68 audio format in DBP.
Screen Capture DLL
- Allows you to capture your desktop without minimizing or interrupting your program. Useful for creating screensavers. Created by N3wton.
- Free Peer To Peer Plugin
- Saves you the time of creating a timer based system for your game/tool. Created by Aaron Miller.
Timer Based Movement
- Created by ShaunRW
Utility Functions Collection
- Extra commands that allow easier matrix landscape creation, logic circuits, node-tree structures and more. Created by enderleit.
Winsock 2.2 Plugin
Window Skinning Plugin
- Allows you to apply images (skin) to an open window.
- Allows DBP to read and parse XML files. Created by kaedroho.
Xbox 360 Controller Plugin
- Allows the use of up to 4 Xbox 360 wired controllers with DBP. Created by Raven.
Xbox 360 Controller Library (full)
- Comes complete with headset support and works with both DBP and DGDK. Created by Todd Riggins.
- Allows you to create/access Zlib archive files
Dev-C++ DarkBASIC Professional Plugin Template
- Created by Aaron Miller to aid the creation of plugins for DarkBASIC.
DARKBASIC PROFESSIONAL IDEs
- Created by John Y
- Created by Hyrichter
- Created/Updated by Balid
- An alternative IDE for DBPro. Created by Balid.
DARKBASIC CLASSIC IDEs
- Created by Waffle
If anybody finds any more (or is releasing one) Free plugins that are not listed (or I have missed), please post the thread (or site) link here so I can add it to the list.