Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.04 RC9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 11:57
Nothing works anymore!!!

Quote: "Just install over the old one Nice to see another DBP user around here..."

I've done that and that one doesn't want to work anymore ether...

These "better" updates have come at a bad time with the copertition - It's corrupted my game files and the blasted thing wont work anyway...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 12:07
Well,since these are release candidates for testing you probably should not have upgraded before you were done with your compeititon entry.
For some reason once I use a level in RC9 I can't use it again in a previous RC...it just shows an error message if I try to load it.
You might try either RC2 or RC6...they seem to be the most stable versions at the moment.

Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 12:35
I hope on the next upgrade lee puts DarkAI into it, only one of my characters starts shooting at my, then when he dies another start and so on, hope DarkAI allows you to put a few characters in one room without the game slowing down. Will the character scripts have to be different or not?

The one and only Davy B
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 13:24
Quote: "For some reason once I use a level in RC9 I can't use it again in a previous RC...it just shows an error message if I try to load it."

Same thing happens here I can't carry on with my 'Facility' game as it won't load into anything but RC9, and I can't use RC9 because of the lighting artifacts

sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 15:12
Thanks Airslide
renny
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 02:36
hay where is 1.03 at i downloaded the 1.04 and im haveing the same problem with the lights i need a way to get 1.03 back on my system

dont look up u might see me there
Aydan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 18:31
Im not sure if its RC9 but when i build a game and send it to my friends they have all had some error when trying to load the exe. its the "blah blah has encopuntered a problem and needs to close". Im not sure if its because RC9 or if its something else. if anyone can clear this up for me then i would truely appreciate it!!!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 18:54
I know RC9 needs the latest version of DirectX (December edition), perhaps your friends don't have the latest version?

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 18:56
It obvious we can't clear this up for certain, since we don't have an error report what is causing this problem. Windows give great error reports about what is causing the problem, so make use of it.

We can guess and my guess will be your friends don't have the latest DirectX version installed and need to update their DirectX version to get the games running.

But that's a wild guess, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't solve anything, make sure you compare the error reports, there may be a common factor causing the error. Then you could post it here so we at least have a clue and may be able to assist you better.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee,
i love the new lightmapper
The shadows on static entities are very smooth and make FPSC look like a AAA Engine now.
But i can confirm that the lighmapping works in this version only in testmode.

Please dont forget to make it possible to use different skies in different levels before you puplish the final V1 version

Examples:

The old lighmapper:
(shadows on entities look ugly)

The new lighmapper:

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 20:26
Quote: "Please dont forget to make it possible to use different skies in different levels before you puplish the final V1 version"

That's already possible, don't remmember how. I asked it on one of the fall of the fireflies threads and it got answered... just search

ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's already possible, don't remmember how. I asked it on one of the fall of the fireflies threads and it got answered... just search "

Have found it.
It's the same old forum rumour which you can find in 2 or 3 other threads.
I have tested the "sky=" action in lots of different script versions, at the end of a level or at the beginning of a level and never got it to work.

It does not become more true when people often repeat that "it's possible"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 23:03
It has been done and can be done through scripting.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 23:58 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 02:56
aww [mod edit]
i went to build my game to c wat it is like as .exe state and i get that [mod edit] Debug eroor 0:0 thing o
its very anoying

plz help

If I Want It, I Want It

ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 00:00 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 00:01
Quote: "It has been done and can be done through scripting."

With which version?
EA or V1?

Before i see a proof i don't believe it.
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 00:30
Mr makealotofsmoke try to D/L the newest verson on directX that was my problem

dont look up u might see me there
G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 19:33 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 19:35
i have a theroy on the weird lights is everyone who is having the problem using pixel shaders of any kind?

I hope i am not to late with this post

Vist http://www.freewebs.com/auroraaicreative/ For Alphatek Software, games and more.
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not using any pixel shaders
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 13:32
Mapeditor crashes inmediantly giving only "Send report,Dont send report"

Never had this before.ill re-install FPSC in its Default Directory to see if it works.

...No Signature here...
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 15:13
This message is just from a general observation.I have spent time going through the FPSC creator forums and seiing if theres anything that anyone has to offer. I have found some great stuff to solve problems and the liek as well as enhance my game in hte FPSC creator. I have seen a lot of comments about FPSC and most good with a few on the negative. So here are some points to all the people who want to complain. 1) FPSC is the only game engine offering all of this easy drag and drop installations helping you focus on the game without all of the programming. 2)The people who are doing the programming are contributing and deserve to make a profit fom it if they so choose (I myself buy their products because its 10 times faster and worth every cent especially Signs IV and Magic FPSC) 4)If you find a bug, try to decode it yourself. i look at this as a open source project and any additions that can be found, improvements, debugging etc. I try to make an assessment and give it a contribution. FPSC is a game engine. with any game engine there will be upgrades and improvements and that means upgrading and improving your hardware. if you cant upgrade your hardware then its probably best to stay where you are at until you can. The best thing I like about FPSC and why I bought it was because of the Community Forum here. You have a lot of people coming together who over the years have dveloped FPSC into a very nice game engine with a lot of additions. I dont see model packs for other engines except some for Torque. So as someone said in another forum, appreciate it, it took 3 years to get FPSC started and all these add ons ahve been the development of hard work. TGC, you guys have superb customer support and are doing a great job which is why I am looking into your other products. Thanks.

K.l. Phair
Commandos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 15:27
please hel
big eror
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 21:22 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2007 22:22
ALERT!! I HAVE FIXED THE LIGHTMAP BUG!!!!

Hi Guys,
I have FINALY found a fix for the lightmap bug in RC9 that caused your lights to go wierd in the final build.Here are the instructions:

1)Do a repair install on FPSC with the V1 disk
2) Once that is done,install V1.0.3 RC3.
3) After that is done. Install RC9. Click repair.
4) Ok here is the inportant bit. After RC9 has installed,right click on the FPSC shortcut of the desktop,and click "find target". A screen should come up with the dll's,and the files folder etc..
5)On this screen,delete every dll APART from "BCGCB59.dll" (back the other dll's up first if you feel unsure)
6) Now you all ready to go. If you have done everything right,FPSC should boot up fine.If it doesn't go back and start again.
*optional bit* I like to turn the ambience down to 0 due to the shaodws look better.

Now to test build a room that contains a few static objects,and a few static lights.Then compile it into the final exe.

You should now have a near fully functioning version of FPSC. I am currently working on a fix for the transparency problem.

To prove that i am not talking rubbish,here are two screenshots. One taken from test game,and one taken from the built exe.

Enjoy

-Josh-

ps- I cannot be held responsible if someone messes up their FPSC

Screenshot 1. Taken from test game

Demon sun. coming 2007

Attachments

Login to view attachments
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 21:25
screenshot 2. Taken from the fianl build. Please leave your feedback due to i would like to know if the fix worked for you

Demon sun. coming 2007

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 22:24
Didn't work for me, i still have the lighting issue.
No shaders, full lighting and full texture mapping.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 22:35
Quote: "ps- I cannot be held responsible if someone messes up their FPSC"

Love the disclaimer.

GeoNeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 23:11
Quote: "please hel
big eror"

if this crash occurs when its trying to save the universe, I may have a fix. Same thing happened to me just about an hour ago so I started removing entities in the reverse order that I put them in after the last successful test of the game. Sure enough, after I removed 3 different entities (all instances of them) and tested the game, it worked. Now I have to check which of the 3 entities is causing the problem and why. Remove all instances of 1 entity and test the game then go to the next one and so on.

GeoNeo
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 23:33
I can tell you why.... It's not particular entities causing the the crash, it's your system being unable to handle the number of entities (& segments, sounds, static entities and so on) you've placed in the level.

One thing most people probably don't realize that adding DarkLights has a price. It's a drain on your system resources. Not on your CPU, but on your memory, it consumes system resources.

RC7/8/9 cannot handle the same amount of items as the previous ones could. DarkLights is claiming resources you could use before, resulting in even less items in a level then we used to have.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Legendary programer
Years of Service
User Offline
wont even start me up now.... encountered a problem will close you out again.. and pls for the love of god do not tell me its because my computer can not handle it because that would be total bs, my pc is fully customized with top-of-the line software and more then enough space. i dont mean to sound mean just alittle ticked off, i was hoping for something alittle different

http://pro-hacker.memebot.com/Denied/view.txt <--go there to see my sig
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 07:37
Quote: "and pls for the love of god do not tell me its because my computer can not handle it because that would be total bs, my pc is fully customized with top-of-the line software and more then enough space"

I will tell you...so will a few others.
You are not the only person in the known universe with a "top of the line" machine.
There are a few forum members here that have uber rigs as well.
FPSC is a funny animal.
It can do one thing on one system and a different thing on another.
Did you get the latest version of direct x?
Update your drivers?
Read all of the posts in all of the threads to do with all of the updates?

And you are not the first person to brag about their specs and find out that yes...it is indeed your computer.
Then again,it may not be.
And you are not exactly forthcoming with information.
You could be having one of a million problems.

GeoNeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 14:20
At first I thought it was the number of entities as well but I added probably 10 to 15 more entities plus 3 ww2 soldiers without a crash and without any slowdown in performance, so in my case it must be one of the entities I removed. I'll see if I can figure out which one and why sometime today, if I can I'll post the results here.

GeoNeo
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 15:01
Quote: "wont even start me up now...."

Thats because it cannot find those dll's.
Those dll's are part of the .net release i believe. So go grab it from microsoft and it will start back up. (Or put those dll's back in the directory)

webcrtor
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to work with 1.04 rc3 and today I upgraded, but now the mapeditor crashes everytime when loading the program and because of that, my editor hangs and gives error message, I installed .net 3.0 but without any result.Any help? btw Mickm, yo know what dll's it uses different from those that were used with rc3? Maybe I can find them on the net and place it in my system directory.
GeoNeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 18:39
I wish I could say I was right and the problem was entities, but no. I re-added all the entities I removed yesterday and my game worked fine. I added more enemies, triggers, and sound zones and its still working fine. I did notice that at one point my RAM (1GB) got down to 2kb so I'm betting that Benjamin A is right and this is a memory issue.

GeoNeo
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
@webcrtor - Install the latest DirectX version (December Edition).

Project FPS - 71%
webcrtor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks bdgbdg, it starts up normally now
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 19:46 Edited at: 4th Jan 2007 20:36
Here's an odd crash I'm getting..... I've moved 4 lights in my fire level and changed the player sound file. Now I'm getting a crash when building the game.

The build game progress is doing this: Building level 1/1: loading sky and then it crashes, the famous debug 0 0 thingy.

The window report tell me that the dbprosounddebug.dll caused the crash, I've seen that one before, it crashed Commander Josh also in rc7/8/9.

But the odd thing is why is the dbprosounddebug.dll crashing FPSC while it is building the sky?

I've replaced everything as was, but now the level will not build at all, it crashes constantly with the same error, while it was building perfecty well before.

EDIT: Just to add ot it, building the game without lightmaps works fine, no problems in the sky or dbprosounddebug.dll at all. The new darklights system is causing some weird errors for sure.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 05:03
A new RC10 will follow shortly. I recommend everyone uninstall everything they have done (backing up of course first), and then start from a fresh install of FPSC V1.0 and then applying V104 RC10 freshly! it now includes less DLL dependence and a good DirectX check at the very start to avoid confusion. Also fixed the full lightmapping bug in final build too Watch this forum!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 08:47
sweet!

Reality Forgotten Dev Forums
In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked.
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 11:59
@lee

Will the update include anything else?

The one and only Davy B
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 12:14
Looking forward to this new update Lee, hopefully it will work this time. If not, I'll be going back to v1 to make sure I can at least enter my level in the competition.

Quote: "Will the update include anything else?"

Doubtfull, Lee stated he's not going to add anything (except for DarkAI, but I doubt it will be in this coming release) until what he has is stable enough for us wot work with.

Seems like a good number of people around here is more worried about getting extra's then having a stable working version and that puzzles me. What good are the additions if you can't even use them properly?

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 13:21
Lee,
Awesome, can't wait for it to be released.

Benjamin,
People always want more than they are given. It's probably a fact by now

Legendary programer
Years of Service
User Offline
um it wont let me run this update. it opens than crashes

http://pro-hacker.memebot.com/Denied/view.txt <--go there to see my sig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:31:20