Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So its time for a new FPSC Moderator

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:07 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 19:10
Hey guys,

As some of you may recall, the last time TGC picked new mods for the FPSC forum, there was an open discussion as to who you all think has the proper character, will, and attitude to become a mod.

Well this is a similar discussion.

It recent weeks, TGC has received emails asking for a new mod to be instated, and we think its a good idea.

We need one more mod to help out around the forums, so please feel free to nominate anyone who you think can handle this position as well as make a difference.

Now its worth noting that the person that's nominated the most wont necessarily become the mod, my fellow Mods and I, as well as TGC will use this thread as a guide, not a definitive decision.

So start the nominating and have fun!

http://www.seqoiagames.com
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:09
I nominate the one and only, Plystire. He seems to have a good hold on what is right and wrong in the community and has also helped out a bunch already.

Gunn3r Games
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:14
I agree with gunn3r. I also nominate bond, because he has a good way with convincing people and knows what's right or wrong. He's also been here for quiet a long while.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I agree Plystire has a good hold on whats right and wrong as gunn3r said and a good member to the community.

Best s4

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:34
Have to agree with all the above statements, Plystire is the best choice right now.
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:38
i nominate bloodhound 2 and plystire.and mond/jon fletcher

new pc for chrismas is nvidia 8800gtx ADM 4800 2.5ghz 2gb ram 250 gb hard drive
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:38
i nominate bloodhound 2 and plystire.and bond/jon fletcher

new pc for chrismas is nvidia 8800gtx ADM 4800 2.5ghz 2gb ram 250 gb hard drive
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:50
I nominate Plystire. But also Bond.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:59
All good suggestions guys, but keep in mind that the best contributors to the community wont always make the best mods. you have to take schedule into account as well, think about if that person is around a lot or not.

Just some things to keep in mind.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 21:53
I nominate Thraxas, he seems to know what right in the forums and a good knowledge of fpsc!

Abattoir Nightmare Revenge of the Stag Coming SOON

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 21:57
I second the nomination for Thraxas. Even though I nominated Ply, Thraxas also seems to be a good candidate for a mod.

Gunn3r Games
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 22:07
Nickydude, Plystire...

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 22:45 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 23:54
My nomination is for Indie PC Games. I know for one he is always reading and around these forums and has been very helpful to me. Also, I also respect his opinion as stated in this post below about the game store.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=133473&b=21

And also his knowledge in the music industry which will help the music section of the forums.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132486&b=34

I also know he is a Mod in some signed music artists forums and does a great job there as well. He is very professional and he would benefit these forums as well.

There are many others also but this is my nod...

Hunt for Evil

http://www.huntforevil.com
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 23:17
I think there needs to be an 18+ rule for picking Mods, because who wants a 12 year old running around with ban powers? No one does.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 23:26
Sometimes 12 year olds are more mature then the older users

I think the main factor will be how that person handles themselves around the forum, not age, but keep in mind its ultimately up to TGC.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 23:33 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2008 12:05
Well I'm on every day for a few hours even with this crappy computer of mine. I have my own forums. But I don't think people would want me to be a MOD so I nominate thraxas.

I know thraxas would make a great mod because he is the secondary admin at my forums and he does a great job.

Thraxas for the win!!!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 00:23
I nominate Seth Black.

Best.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 00:37 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 00:38
My vote is for indie pc games also. He was very helpful helping me setup my forums and is very professional with everything I work with him on. Not to mention he works in the music industry and has started to show his face in the music section of the forums which needed that jump start. There are many good canidates but if I have to choose 1 he is the guy in my opinion.

Good Luck Everyone!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 01:00
Nickydude all the way.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Plys, seth black, Thraxas, Nickydude all seem good choices to me.

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
I too am always reading the different posts on the FPSC forum and have already reported a few pointless ones to different mods, but if i should nominate someone, i would either choose Plystire, Bond or even Nickydude.

BJKDAW
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 01:36
I think Nickydude would probably be the best choice

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 01:47 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 01:48
Nickydude,Seth Black,Nomad Soul,all.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 01:54
I Nominate BloodDeath 6 6 6, he needs to be a mod and is a pretty cool guy.

and
ply
and nickydude

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:07
I am often in awe of the level of knowledge and talent on the forum. Like everyone else, I am thankful for the help and content that some give so freely. They should be commended for all that they do, but this alone does not a good moderator make.

When asked who would be a good mod, I think about those who already are, albeit without the badge. I think you know the ones I mean. They can turn a flaming disaster into a calm and productive thread with a few words. Not by reciting the rules or showing others their superior intellect, but by giving the right direction and push to guide and motivate us. Integrity, patience, wisdom - certainly these are the desired traits of a mod.

I can think of no others more equipped to handle the job than Seth Black and Nickydude. I know there are more, but this old mind fails me.

Best.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... When I saw this, I thought Plystire would be a good choice, but he isn't around all the time... So in addition to Ply, I nominate Nickydude and Seth Black.
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:53
Plystire and Nickydude are my pics

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll104/krowsnest618/PlanetHelltag.jpg?t=1215648198
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 04:32
Plystire,Nickydude and Bloodeath666 are my nominations.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 04:39 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 04:40
I would like to nominate Nickydude, I mean he already has like 5 stickies and I have never really seen him do anything wrong.

But then again ive always wanted this position. Muhawawawawa even know I will never win.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 04:45 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 04:48
Plystire has always been a great member, and Nikydude, Good luck guys.
EDIT: And I notice that Punk13 is quite good at it already. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:11
So I recommend Seth Black and Nickydude might as well make it 2 new mods.

I also recommend dropping the mods that aren't around anymore.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:32
Quote: "I also recommend dropping the mods that aren't around anymore. "

and who would that be?

Despite what some people on this forum believe, we do a lot of behind the scenes work...when you don't see us around, that just means were doing our job right

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:36
Quote: "And I notice that Punk13 is quite good at it already. He seems like a pretty cool guy.
"

Thank you Rampage so are you. i cant wait to see what your mod is about.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:42
Maybe the ones that aren't around any more.

If they are doing things so well behind the scenes why then are people asking for more mods.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:51 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 07:01
Quote: "why then are people asking for more mods. "

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a MOD did quit being a
MOD a few months ago. Also there are always new users nearly every day if not every day. The forums have gotten out of hand lately. A lot of people started hating people. I'm pretty sure people started hated me because of a certain thread in the showcase forums by American Infantry but that's a different story.

It's a combination of things that requires these forums to have another MOD.

[edit] The "FPSC Store = bad" thread is a prime example of why we need a new MOD. It's been more of an argumentative thread than anything and from what I've seen there hasn't been a MOD to come clear up the mess. People look up to and respect MODs. They follow what a MOD says or does. Why? Because they have power. If a MOD went in that thread and stated his opinion based off some sort of fact, the argument would near end if not end.

Going along with what Bullshock said. He stated that some MODs are doing "behind the scenes work." Since some MODs are doing that, another MOD is needed for the actual scene itself.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 06:58 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 07:08
Yes Jenkins. I know the forums badly needs more mods.

I'm just suggesting to cut the "drift wood" that's not around. The FPSC forums seems to need more of a presence then a 3-4 weeks visit of a mod.

Edit: I agree more the 2 more mods and I already suggested that.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:02
Personally, I think these forums need at least 2 more MODs.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:09 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 07:24
Quote: "Personally, I think these forums need at least 2 more MODs."

I agree.

My vote is for, uhhhh ..... Jenkins or Punk13

Happy jenkins?

Need Game Music? Check out my song packs! Each song only $0.50 each! Now at Moon Rising. ** www.home.moonrisingame.com/Game_music.htm
www.home.moonrisingame.com/_Alan_c_s_music_pack_2.htm
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:12 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 07:36
[edit] excellent lol

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:17
It was a hard choice. I never see you on the forums.

Need Game Music? Check out my song packs! Each song only $0.50 each! Now at Moon Rising. ** www.home.moonrisingame.com/Game_music.htm
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:21
Lol I'm on every day for like 3 hours minimum.

Quote: "And your website is dust bowl."

Lol yes it was. I never got around to finishing it and I went on my leave of absence for like 8 months or however long it was. When I got back, I completely forgot about it lol.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:22
I'm just gonna sell my stuff on it or something.

I'm on Insane FPS chat.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:55
Hey Thanks AlanC oh and if you could can you send me a music sample everyone says its great, i might need to buy a copy

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:55 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 07:58
Quote: "If they are doing things so well behind the scenes why then are people asking for more mods."

It started with someone asking to become a mod, but with the idea floating around, we thought it would help out the community. We have lives too you know, and cant be on here 24/7, as much as wed like to. and this community has grown quite a bit with the addition of FPSC X-10 as well as the new free promo for FPSC x9...and wed like to have additional help on board to keep it even.

Quote: "Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a MOD did quit being a
MOD a few months ago. "

Being a mod isn't all fun and games as most people think. One thing you guys may also not realize is that when you become a mod, everything people think about you changes, so your actions effect the community in a different way. You cant state your opinion if its offensive, or the like...and although you probably couldn't do that normally, it still makes much more of an impact when the badge is next to your name...get the idea?

Quote: "
The "FPSC Store = bad" thread is a prime example of why we need a new MOD. It's been more of an argumentative thread than anything and from what I've seen there hasn't been a MOD to come clear up the mess."

that thread has been left because people deserve to have an opinion on that subject...good or bad. Besides, if we closed the thread, it would only leave more questions unanswered as well as create more suspicion and negative energy towards the mods. It hasn't digressed to the locking point yet, but im watching it.

@everyone...lets not turn this into a "how good" or "how bad" the mods are doing debate, please...lets keep this strictly for nominations and opinions on NEW mods.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:01
Quote: "Being a mod isn't all fun and games as most people think. One thing you guys may also not realize is that when you become a mod, everything people think about you changes,"

That's exactly why I would love to be a MOD lol. Some people have the wrong impression about me. And I just hate not being liked. People around here generally look up to MODs. Though there have been MODs not liked the majority of them are. But who would honestly want me to be a MOD? Yep, no one.
Quote: "
@everyone...lets not turn this into a "how good" or "how bad" the mods are doing debate, please...lets keep this strictly for nominations and oppinions on NEW mods."

Sorry I was just trying to inform him why new MODs were needed.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:15 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 08:17
I understand where BULLSHOCK 2 is coming from im a mod at another fpsc forum and its not all fun and games. But after a days work looking at the community and how tight together and nice they are and seeing things run smoothly makes the job worth while. I love being a mod not for the power or any of that but because i can look at how well put the community is and be able to say that i helped keep that community running smoothly. Its fun and rewording. And if i had to give anyone out there advise on it its this (not that everyone thinks this) believe me if you think your going to get a bunch of power and on your first day you plan to bann someone or locked threads you shouldnt do the job, Now if you want to make a difference and bring a community up and have it run smoothly and See the changes and watch people work together and have fun then its right for you.I dont know about here but iv only banned one person at the other forums and it wasnt fun i know it can be hard cleaning up peoples mess's and dealing with peoples arguments.As well as keeping an eye out on everyone and everything. But in the End you can look back and see a Nice fully functioning community something you wont even see in a real life community. its a Fun Rewording job.
We are all here for the same reason
To make some games
hang out
and most impotently...
HAVE FUN!!!
So bullshock is this what you meant?
ThankX
Punk13

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:36
Well said
Have a platypus

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:41
Those are Real?!?!

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:48
Quote: "Those are Real?!?!"

Id like to change my vote...

jk

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 08:51
HEY, you cant blame me for thinking that a beaver/Duck existed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 14:01:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 14:01:29