Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 07:58 Edited at: 14th Jun 2007 08:05
I would like to respond on a few points, if you don't mind.

There was a time when TGC wasn't named TGC and was solely dependent on it's few developers. That doesn't stop you from purchasing from them today. Does NG have a future too? Only time will tell.

Some would say I should deserve credit for pulling NG through everything it's been through, but... being here right now, making this post, knowing NG is well and growing, is good enough for me.

P.S. Glad the bullets have stopped. Time for the bombs

[href][/href]
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 08:22 Edited at: 14th Jun 2007 08:23
@Matthew -
Quote: "Does NG have a future too? Only time will tell."

I'm sure it does, and I look forward to seeing how it develops. When DBP first came out it wasn't ready at all for a project like I'm working on. Now it is. I have to deal in the here and now, or else I'll be waiting forever and never get anything done. NF isn't ready.

I have to say Matthew that as a customer I don't feel that my input was accepted at all about NGC. Even though I received NGC4 for free because I purchased V3, I still bought it from you in order to support the development of the plugin and your company. I asked for box collisions long ago. That never happened, so here we are. I'm glad that I discovered how good Sparky's collision really is. Indeed, Geisha House has benefited immensely.

@Kieran -
Quote: "I don't want a fight either"

Okay... this didn't involve you and you waited way too long to jump in with your comments. DB and I have already settled it, for you to start now is not beneficial to this discussion.

Come see the WIP!
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 09:15
@cash:

you mentioned me during this, and stated a few facts about what I did that weren't true so I felt that I had the right to respond with my feelings on what you said. And also I was trying to keep the peace, and I still am so lets keep the white flag raised.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 07:53
here is a models, also found at the NG thread

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 21:13
It's that infernal engine again!

Oh wait... Inferno engine!

Looks pretty good, although the video I saw needs a walking animation

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 21:39
This isn't a DBP product at all. It's made with a competitor's game development system. This should get locked.

What are you showing us Kieran? That is the most juvenile thing I've seen in a long time. Are you making a Pokemon RPG? It's not suitable for an RPG at all. I'd be embarrassed of that if I were you.

If this is NGs flagship RPG, God help you all.

Quote: "Extra Information
This was originally done in DarkBASIC Professional. For severel reasons, however (Such as the frequent need to update, the slowness, the fact that you have to buy for DX10, inability to use OOP, the many plugins that you would have to buy, spending over $300, and other reasons), we have moved to using Nuclear Fusion. The old thread for it is here. We intend on getting a website for the engine up and running. The website wouldn't be soley based on the engine, but also on the AEX.UNI company (Consisting of Kieran, and I)."

There is no frequent need to update, it's not slow, you DON'T HAVE TO BUY X10, you don't have to buy plug-ins unless you want them. None of your reasons are correct or logical. RUN SPELL CHECK!!!!

This looks silly, like you don't know what you're talking about, and is a waste of time on this forum. Post somewhere else.

Come see the WIP!
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 02:47 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 02:49
Bravo Cash! Thanks for contributing the wrong way to respond. I'll do the honor of writing the right way to respond.

I don't think you guys should post here anymore if you are using a differant engine, with no TGC products. In regards to the model, I believe it may need a little bit more work before posting, perhaps a differant texture would be nice. DB User, I don't think that you should say anything about DBP to advertise your own engine, it would be unprofessional, and may offend some people. Perhaps the both of you should work more on the engine before posting anything.

Cheers,

-naota

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 03:03
I think the model is pretty good(For a beginner) And suitable for non-good-grapchics-rpg if its used as monster..

But seriously-- I agree with cash and this thread should be locked..

[B] - LINKIN PARK - [/B]
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 07:12 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 10:11
@DB user 2006+
thanks

@Full metal Coder Roxas
thankyou

@Cash
Here we go again with the constantly bad remarks...
Maybe I haven't been working on my models for 10 years in fact it hasn't been very long at all, maybe a month...most of my time is spent programming so you should close your mouth. I am utterly sick and appauled by your attitude towards projects that are not exactly ready for commercial usage but thats why this is the WIP board.

And that cheesy pokemon comment was not funny, it was pathetic and childish, get a life and go criticise something that isn't good, I admit the model isn't the best creation ever but who are you to say it doesn't suit an RPG? You have no idea what the theme of the RPG is for goodness sakes...(which will remain a secret for now)

Also I am not embarrassed by any of my projects as I am learning and learning well, maybe you should think twice before opening your gap.

EDIT: @Cash: I will continue to model and post model progress regardless of what you say, jerks cannot make me fall!
And I have no idea why you are downing NG for my modelling which have nothing to do with each other, nor does this project, it is being created in NF and c++. Get your facts right instead of airing your thoughts and feelings. You also attack this project? Would you like me to pick out every small detail about Geisha House and mock the hell out of it? No? I didn't think so, so why do it to this when clearly I was just showing a model, I never said it would have anything to do with The Inferno Engine.

And if I haven't made this clear, any model can fit in an RPG... RPG = Role Playing Game... I can play the "Role" of a block of cheese if I please so you cannot say that a model does not fit an RPG.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 17:10
@Cash: Please don't put down his model...

@Kieran: I actually like the model After being animated, it could make a pretty good enemy, NPC, or player. If you made more like that one you could have an army of undead/darkness people attack you, lol. It's not always the graphics that matter, but it's the gameplay. A game with amazing graphics but horrible gameplay won't be as much fun as a game with OK graphics but great gameplay.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 01:23
@Sixty Squares
I agree with you. This is why I still play some of the older PS1 games. ^_^ (And Final Fantasy VII )

Cheers,

-naota

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 03:14
Quote: "This is why I still play some of the older PS1 games."

Ha! i still play NES games and i think they are better than most new games, lol.

although i play SNES more.

They don't make'em like they used to.

*goes to play star ocean*

Operation Mockingbird
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 08:28
I play the NES games too... But 2D looks better than 3D. ^^

Cheers,

-naota

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 18:28
Quote: "This is why I still play some of the older PS1 games."

Me too

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 14:54
hehe :p I still play old PC games, PS1, sega, NES etc. I love old games they are great.

Thanks
-Kieran

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 18:43
Wow, I didn't know that Nuclear Glory was named after a forum guy!

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 04:04
No that "forum guy" is the leader of Nuclear Glory if I understand correctly...

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 05:58
How many poly's is the model?

Just curious.

Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 07:23
582 but there are alot of unnecessary polys that I still need to remove before it is complete.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm so sorry Kieran but i was so being bugged by the Inferno Engine Sig So i made one outta concern.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 03:03
That's awsome Deathead, thanks.

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks mate

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 08:08 Edited at: 15th Jul 2007 08:10
ty Deathead I like it except I think it would look better with a more realistic looking skull and a different font, but maybe im just a critic

and for reference, the copyright sign "©" is made by holding down alt and pressing 0169

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 22:10 Edited at: 16th Jul 2007 22:14
thanks do it now Edit- I write the "alt 0169" Doesn't work.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 22:13
Hmm...I'm out of it. Is Aaron Miller DB User 2006? Yeah he is, right?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
He is changed his name.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 00:32
@Deathead
Disable num lock, or enable it. <Forget which>

@Inspire
I *was* DB User 2006+.

Cheers,

-naota

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 08:02
@Deathead
Very strange... I held down alt, typed 0169 on the NumPad then released alt. It worked with and without numlock.
It will only work if you use the numbers on the keypad. Try with and without numlock, if it doesn't work then try copy+paste this --> ©

Also this alt code only works in most programs...some may not support it.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 20:27
You can also type in Alt GR+C to get ©

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 23:27
Alt GR?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 16:15
The Alt key on the right side of the spacekey?

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 23:55
What's the G stand for?

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 02:01 Edited at: 20th Jul 2007 02:41
Okay I'm gonna make a poster +Sig Comprenda! Areba!
Edit:
Sig¬

Poster¬

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 03:08
@Deathead
That's awsome! Please, send us an email at aex.uni@gmail.com , we may have some paid work for you to do, if you are interested.

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I'll send you one in the morning after i tell my dad. But jeeze this week has been lucky. First: I have sold by PSP for £110 and now i gonna be paid for my work! Thank you god.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 07:27
lol!

Well, you won't be paid just yet. I owe $200 to my internet/cable company, and my computer will be taken in for repairs, however, in about two months you could be getting paid for work.

I must inform you, however, any contributions now are considered donations, and you give us full rights to them (We would of course give you the credit for making them, we wouldn't say I or anyone else made them).

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 12:02 Edited at: 20th Jul 2007 15:44
You don't have to pay me. I'll do them for free. Just send me a e-mail on what to do on DEATHEAD@FSMAIL.NET I'll be gratful if i can be a Beta Tester though. And of course I'll will not copy and say that i made it. +I told my dad and he just laughed so thats why i wrote the top because it is my dad with all the card details.

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 17:15
do you have permission to put those forum member's quotes on the poster? it is illegal otherwise

"I wish I was a wizard, becuase then I could wave my wand and perfect code would just appear."
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Well its not like they are games they are only words and i think they don't care.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 00:02
@Deathead
He's right. Course, once they are in a public forum, they ARE public quotes... I think I'll check the legality of that.

If you want to be paid, you will be paid. And, of course you can be a beta tester, I'll check with Kieran on that part though, before I officially say you are/aren't.

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 20:39 Edited at: 21st Jul 2007 20:40
I'll send them e-mails. To make them sure of what i have done. P.s. I'll make sure with my dad and show him the post to make him 100% Sure.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay Sorry for Double Post but i have sent you a email it should be Pollocks275@btinternet.com.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 23:50 Edited at: 21st Jul 2007 23:55
@Deathead
Ok. Will check my mail.

Edit: I have checked all my email accounts, and cannot find your email. Will you send it again to either aex.uni@gmail.com or ajm@nuclearglory.com ?

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 01:15 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 01:37
Umm... I was the one when it was sent okay. I'll send now. Edit:
Sent reply on here to tell me that it has come through and just outta of concern how much will you pay me???

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 01:41
I've sent you an email.

Cheers,

-naota

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
okay. My Mom and Dad know and it was them that agreed to you paying me but they want to know where you live...(not your address but your country) Because they don't want to use any numbers because you know. So I'm wandering if you could send it to me in parcel or letter, don't know where you live so I don't know how much it would cost to be sent from where you live to us. And in the email you said....
Quote: " and Kieran. (I won't give his full name, incase he
doesn't want it given)"

That is kinda funny because he gave his name out at the start of the thread.LOL

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 02:02 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 02:03
lol. Well, I live in Northern America. (Sacramento, California, USA... For shipping reasons)

It is understandable they don't want to give out any numbers. However, shipping cost would be deducted from your pay, because I do only have a limited amount of money.

Quote: "That is kinda funny because he gave his name out at the start of the thread."

lol... Well, I didn't have a look at the start of the thread in a while.

Cheers,

-naota

PS: If you have a Yahoo or MSN, it would be nice if you could email it to me, so it would be easier to communicate with each other.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 02:20 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 02:21
Quote: "However, shipping cost would be deducted from your pay, because I do only have a limited amount of money."
Thats okay atleast i get paid About the Yahoo thing I could but that Btinternet.com thingy is Yahoo powered so it would run the same as Yahoo.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 05:51
@Deathead
Yeah its fine with me for Deathead to be a beta tester, if you would like to contact me for anything or talk then I got MSN, Yahoo and Email address at the bottom of every post.

All those graphics are great I only found a small problem with the logo which was the text on the left being hard to read because it was black text on a dark background, and I think the skull on the logo would look a little better without the swords, but it looks nice on the poster

@Aaron
I don't mind you giving out my full name or country, anything deeper than that then just let me know

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Aaron Sent you new e-mail for AEX.UNI@GMail.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:26:52