Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Enhanced Animation - 1.6 released (9-Feb-09)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 12:30 Edited at: 9th May 2008 12:31
EZrotate for GDK has all of the functionality of the DBpro version. It just works different. Have a look at the examples and help file. In the GDK version, you work directly with matrices. So, to setup EZrotate, you would first set the rotation of your D3DXMATRIX class with EZro_Euler2Matrix. You then set the position by working with the following members:
Matrix._41 = X position
Matrix._42 = Y position
Matrix._43 = X position

I can't understand why your installation of the DBpro version is messed up. I've never heard of someone having that problem before. Please make sure that there is an EZrotate.dll in your DBpro/compiler/plugins-licensed folder. Also, make sure that the EZrotate.ini file exists in your DBpro/Editor/keywords folder.

a.k.a WOLF!
Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
i've checked and the files are in their own respectable folder....Damn it, i paid for you, i expect it to work! :-p

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 15:27
I'd uninstall DBpro and all of the plugins, then re-install it all. Something is not right. Like I said before, I've never seen anyone else with this problem. There HAS to be something wrong with the way that it is installed.

a.k.a WOLF!
Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
I just figured out that it's the new update that causes some plug ins to not work when first used. so i just copied the files i needed to an old version of DBPro i had saved, now works great, but TGC really needs to fix that problem. it's like they fix one thing and break 100

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:09
Hey Ron,

I finally got around to buying this plugin, and from the examples, it can do some really cool stuff. However, actually getting it to work with my model is a different story. Ive managed to extract the animations just fine, but whenever i try to load the extracted animations back in, it crashes. Has this occurred to anyone before? If you need the model i can give it to you, but due to licensing i don't want to put it up here on the forums for everyone to have access to.

The world is doomed...unless you >>>>>> Click Here <<<<<<
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 05:42
SageTech,
Feel free to send it to me. I'll have a look.

a.k.a WOLF!
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 06:04
Sent. Thanks for the lookover.

The world is doomed...unless you >>>>>> Click Here <<<<<<
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 16:24
I just got version 1.5 tested and the shaking/twisting bug is finally gone! This really helps, thanks!
Unfortunately, i noticed one thing since 1.3...
Scaling doesn't seem to work... Both rigid and skinned, and both exported through matrix and through position/rotation/scale via Pandasoft using 3dsmax2008...
I've attached a sample with .x ,.obj, and .anim files where it does simple scaling animation... (exported via position/rotation/scale)

I hope this helps...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 12:59
@ Ron,

With this plugin, how much accessibility (get/change limb name, pos etc) to Limb0?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 15:21
Mike,
Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I've been terribly busy this month. Unfortunately, things won't be any better for at LEAST another week. I'll be camping out of town with no internet access. I'll have a look at this when I return.

Duffer,
Umm.... I'm not sure to be honest. I know you can't really apply any animation to limb 0 (since it is the base of the object), but renaming the limb *should* work since it has all of the same containers as any other limb.

a.k.a WOLF!
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 08:59
@ Ron,

Thanks. Will give it all a whirl.

Ron - it would seem that DKShop has fallen down with U6.9 DBPro ... which is a shame because I can no longer pick a limb (much like you'd pick an object) using the 2D mouse co-ords...

Just as you've added some limb commands to EnAn already, could you add a pick object limb command? would allow us then to select particular limbs then move them.... in fact, a pick object limb command adds functionality on many levels...?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 16:07
@Ron: It's ok... Take your time

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 22:22
ditto for my request too

Plougot
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ! I still got some problems with animation. If i don't use the mixer of animation in 3dsmax to export my model, when I try to export the model and to play the extracted animation, it keeps the original stand of the model, just moving the legs a little bit ( it's a stand animation).
That's really annoying, because I bought this plugin also to avoid 3dsmax mixer, which is a little buggued.
Another question : does it works with kw xporter now ?

Plougot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 12:55 Edited at: 1st Jul 2008 12:56
I think i have understood how it works : when I extract an animation, it is calculated regarding the first frame of the object (frame 0), right ?
So, when i extract an animation, and that I apply it on the same model but with a different pose, it bugs...
Am I right ?

PS : sorry, I should have used the "edit button" ... forgot.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 16:35
Plougot,
Yes. Basicly, that is correct. All animation is based from a starting point (frame 0). The easiest thing to do is to make all of your animations have the same frame 0. You can then actually start your animation on frame 1.

a.k.a WOLF!
Plougot
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, it works perfectly now !

Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 16:17
Plougot has got some problems connecting the forum during his holidays, so I post for him.

Quote: "
Hi ! I've got a problem with enhanced : I can't extract animations from a .x model exported with Kw Exporter (Enhanced crashes, but the models works perfectly well without enhanced, but I can't animate bones separately, of course )
But I need to use Kw export because panda completely bugs, with 3Ds Max shapes. I tested with your model, and my code works, so it's really a model problem.
Do you think I can do something, or else I have to wait that you fix it yourself ?
"

Attachments

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2008 19:07
I have not yet resolved the issue with models exported from Kw export. This summer has been really busy for me. Hopefully things should be slowing down soon. I'll look into this problem as soon as I can.
Thanks!

a.k.a WOLF!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:12 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 10:49
Little question here: I need to rotate my character's spine while playing an animation (I need the character to look up and down based on the x rotation of the camera, so it looks like the character is....looking where he is looking!). But this freezes the spine in it's animation, although sub-limbs appear to still animate correctly. Is there a way to rotate the spine and continue it's animation, so that it rotates relative to its animation?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out. This command:

Will return the angle in the animation. I just had to divide it by like 10 or something to slow it down, because it went crazy.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2008 05:14
Glad to see you got it worked out Uncle Sam

a.k.a WOLF!
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 04:56
I think I have now solved the problem with using KwExport. I have some more testing to do to be sure. If so, then I need to look into Mike's scaling bug that he reported (although I may have already fixed it). After both issues are solved I will release another update.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 20:48
Also could you look into the AIKO and COLX models that come with FPS Creator? Neither of them seem to work in enhanced animation, but AI and CONKER do. I can't get Jon's Civil Soldiers from the TGC store to work either. I tried re-exporting a dozen ways but nothing helped

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 22:16
I'll have a look.
Hopefully I can get all of these export errors fixed for the next release.

a.k.a WOLF!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 01:02
Thanks. The benefits of Enhanced Animation are simply too much to pass up and not being able to use these characters would be a real bummer. The animation blending is wonderful, and just being able to save memory by chopping out the animations and saving them externally is worth the price.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 14:10
Airslide,
I just tested the AIKO and Colonel-X models. Both work fine. The only difference is that the root limb is 3, not 1. So, if you play all of your animations on limb 3 (with child limbs included) everything will work. Limb 1 and 2 are just dummy limbs.

a.k.a WOLF!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 22:49 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 22:54
I bet that's the issue with Jon's models as well! I'll go try it out, thank you!

EDIT: Yup. Dang, it's always something simple that gets you, isn't it?

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 23:08
Quote: "Yup. Dang, it's always something simple that gets you, isn't it?"

Almost every time....

I think I have *most* of the model issues worked out now. For some odd reason, the model that Math89 posted above still does not work. I got it to quit crashing, but the animations are definitely wrong. I'm getting closer, just not quite there yet.

a.k.a WOLF!
Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 15:29
The model I posted uses many dummy objects (around 16) to drive the bones. Could it be where the problem comes ?

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 16:25
I don't think so. Most models have a lot of dummy objects in them. EnAn can definitely sort that out. Right now, the model animates, but all of the movements are way over-exaggerated. There must be some rotation matrix that DBpro uses from the model that I am not currently considering. I'll just have to keep playing with it until I get it sorted. I may have to talk to Mike Johnson a bit more about how DBpro does its animation.
The odd thing is that everything now seems to be working nicely except models exported with KWexport. Does KWexport have a mode to export to ASCII instead of binary? If so I can have a look at the file and try to figure out what it is doing differently.

a.k.a WOLF!
Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 16:37
Here is the ascii model.

Attachments

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 06:03
Here's a little problem. I need slo-mo in my game, so I slow things down using EnAn_SetDefaultPlaySpeed (or whatever), and also for each individual animation. This appears to have no effect! Only when applied right when the animation is loaded does this seem to work (I think).

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 07:15
Where you pass the amount of elapsed time, just divide it by the amount you want to slow the game down by. For example if the time since the last frame is "time_change", then give the OAC "time_change/2" to slow it down to half.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 01:16 Edited at: 28th Sep 2008 01:16
Genius Airslide, can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks.

spiret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 05:00 Edited at: 13th Oct 2008 15:49
Thanks for this great plugin. I just can't seem to get it to work with my own models.

I am having problems with my .x file exported from blender. It loads properly in DBPro, and plays the anim properly in DBPro as well.

However, if I load and play the model in EnAn, one keyframe seems to be missing entirely (or looks like it). I opened and saved the model in mview, but the new file causes the EnAn_objExtractAnimation command to crash (no error or anything, just Microsoft's usual "[Insert Lovely-Happy-Normally-Stable Program Heer] has encountered a problem and needs to go bye-bye. We are trying our best to feel sorry for much inconvenienced" )

Is there a (preferably free) alternative to mview I can try? I have attached the model in question, as it was before mview trashed it. I made it myself, and I'm no good at modelling, so that's why it looks silly.

Also- Any idea how long these problems will take to fix?

Just as long as I can get my anims in somehow, I'll be fine for the time being. What are you guys using to export models?

EDIT:
I found a workaround for now. The second to last frame is always the one to go missing it seems, so, after 22 hours of work, I am hitting myself for not thinking of this sooner. Why not just add two dummy keyframes to the object while in the modeller, then delete them in the game's code? It seems to work. Now if only I could perfect deleting those messed up keys.

Problem is solved!

Attachments

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 13:20
spiret,

Sorry, I completely missed your post! I could have helped you with that.

All:
Enhanced Animations version 1.6 should be released within a day or two. It includes better model support, a couple of bug fixes, a some good speed optimizations.
I will let you all know when it is available!

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Stora tomtefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 23:28
Great news about the update, Ron!

I haven't had the time to try out the plug in at all, since my USB hard drive got stolen a couple of days ago, which contained everything I've done since 2004...

But, anyway! Looking forward to actually redo something that uses EnAn.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 15:46
Version 1.6 has been released today! You can download it from your order history!

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
I am thinking of purchasing this plugin, but I am not that experienced with animations yet. I was wondering if there is some sample code with it that will help me figure it all out? Is there a sample character model too? I plan on making my own models but at the moment I am having a lot of trouble getting my models exported from 3ds max to work properly in dbpro, so it would be nice to have something to play with in the mean time.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 23:09
Krisper,
Send me an e-mail. I will send you a fully-fuctioning, time-limited demo version complete with examples and media

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Wolf! I sent you an email, please let me know if you didn't get it.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 05:23
Hi wolf,

You planning on Advanced animations for DarkGDK? (C++ Variety by chance?)

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 12:32
Krisper,
I got your e-mail. I will try to get the demo version sorted and send it to you today. The last couple of days have been busy! Sorry!

jason p sage,
Enhanced Animation is already available of DarkGDK. You get access to the DBpro version and the DarkGDK version when you purchase EnAn (This is also true for EZrotate).

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 17:41
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ron. This plugin is amazing!
Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ron

Enhanced animation is a great plug-in ,I have a question here.

When the D3D device lost ,all the 3d objects will be free,I need to load them again ,and re-create OAC for them .For now ,what's happened for the original OAC? I could not delete them using "EnAn_oacDelete" for the program will crash if the objects not exist.are those old OAC be freed automatic if the objects not exist?

Thanks in advance!
Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for my bad English ,are those old OAC will deleted automatic if the objects not exist?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 02:51
Lion Jin,
The OAC will not be cleared if/when the D3D device is lost. I'll have to look to see what is causing the crash and see if I can do anything to prevent is. Is it possible for you to delete the OAC's before you reset the D3D device?

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ron

I think its impossible to delete the OAC before reset D3D,for we do not know when the user will switch fullscreen to windows ,not only this cases ,in my notebook computer,eventhough run the program in the windows mode ,if I press Ctrl+alt+Delete ,all the objects will be free just like fullscreen to windows.

In the Sparky ( also called GDKCollisions ),it can not remove a collision data if the object not exist as well ,but if re-create the same collision data ,it will replaced the original one.below is the document I copied from Sparky doc,I think that way its accepted.

///////////////////Sparky doc/////////////////////
void SC_removeObject()
Will remove an object from the collision system, all it's collision data will be deleted.
The object may or may not exist in Darkbasic. The system won't check.
The object can be setup again if it is required.
Also, setupObject can be sucessfully called on an existing object instead, doing so
will overwrite any stored collision data with the new object's data and reset collision to ON
and scaling to False. The only drawback is re-settingup a complex/polygon object may take time.
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ron, or anyone else that my know.

I have been trying to use the EnAn_oacGetLimbRotX command. At the moment I just want to print the result to screen

but it crashes the program. Any ideas?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:26:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:26:07