Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V105 RC1 (files only)

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:22 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 03:28
Hi Guys,

Only download this file if you are familiar with unzipping, copying and overwriting files within your FPS Creator software folder. The FTP link is:

http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/V105RC1-Files.zip

For those who have not done this before, I suggest you hold out for the proper installer which Mike will help me build on Monday. For now, find attached the 17MB collection of files that must be copied directly into the FPS Creator folder. As usual, we cannot accept responsibility for loss of files during this process, so backup well! Below is the final list for V105 RC1:

V1.0.5 RC1 - 09/03/07
---------------------

* Changed V103/V105 texts in all languages to V105
* Fixed bug to restore ability to move the selection area splitter (making property area wider)
* Fixed bug to restore the colour dialog on the object properties field
* Selecting EDIT LOADING SCREEN without selecting a level no longer freezes the editor
* Reverted to DirectX OCTOBER 2006 (d3dx9_31.dll) due to compatibility issues with 1.X Shaders
* Replaced DirectX detector with simpler method, earlier in the Editor Initialisation Phase
* Reduced lightmapquality to 10 in setup.ini (reduces texture consumption by 800%)
* Fixed bug causing lightmapper to use an old mesh buffer after secondary UV added (replace=true)
* Ensured New Arena and Arena tab work in the new update of the FPS Creator interface
* Added code to verify no firewall is blocking communication with gamelist server, else useful error
* Added additional text when IP of local LAN detected, instructing user that any HOSTing is local only
* New mode added to 'lightmapthreadmax' from SETUP.INI. Mode -2 instructs the engine not to use threads

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:27
Sorry Lee, I'll wait for the full download. By the way, I heard RickV talking about ODE ragdoll physics in X10. Can you find a way to implement them into v105? If you do, then that'll be greatly appreciated. It'll also help me on my project.

I don't feel right about overwriting the game folder, so I'll wait. And tell your employees about my ragdoll physics question, OK?

Emerald Unit: Outer Galaxies

Arriving in 2007.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:31
Quote: "Sorry Lee, I'll wait for the full download. By the way, I heard RickV talking about ODE ragdoll physics in X10. Can you find a way to implement them into v105? If you do, then that'll be greatly appreciated. It'll also help me on my project.

I don't feel right about overwriting the game folder, so I'll wait. And tell your employees about my ragdoll physics question, OK?"

Lee said
Quote: "Hi Guys,

Just thundering through my V105 work and caught the evolution of my posting Ragdoll will not be in V105, nor in any FPSC public release for quite a while yet. It is VERY early code. Also, I am not adding anything that even remotely sniffs of a new feature or enhancement if I can help it. There is a genuine demand from the community for me to work on broken things, and I absolutely agree this should be where the priority must remain. We tend to add features as we go here at TGC, and I think that has created as many problems as pleasures for the community. Consider the next few waves of updates to be purely directed at solving todays problems, and avoiding the addition of Tomorrows problems

Just finishing off V105 RC1 now, so I will be able to upload it sometime later tonight under a fresh thread. I have also started an FAQ inside the readme.txt file of each update for FPSC, so anything I have not fixed because it is a quirk or feature of the product can be documented and explained properly."

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:32
Awww, man. I'm not wasting $800 on Vista!!

Clarion: Violent Clash

Arriving in 2007.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:34
something worng with the download link.

GeoNeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:47
yep, the link doesn't work for me either.

GeoNeo
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:49
Me either, When I download the file has 0 bytes, no data.

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 02:59
I'm watching this space...I can't wait for this.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 03:19
I have no clue.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 03:26
Quote: "Ensured New Arena and Arena tab work in the new update of the FPS Creator interface"

What does that mean?

I was hoping for the ragdolls, but it's all good. I'll definitely download this when the correct download is up.

tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 03:33 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 03:34
Prehaps you could throw in a recoil affect as well?
Well anyway, the ragdoll phisycs sounds good. I obviously knew that ragdoll wouln't be in 1.05 because fpsc is still in it's early stages.

Has the character opacity problems been fixed when turning shaders on?

You also said that x9 and x10 use the same sort of engine, something like that anyway. So this means whatever updates or new capabilities in x10 could be implementd in x9?

That would be incredible! Is there any posibility that there will be recoil anytime soon? Fpsc still hasnt reached 1.1 yet. I would like to say thankyou for working so hard, fixing the issues or problems have thrown at you.

Would there be any chance that you might implement dark physics into fpsc? It might be easier if you could modify the code so you could put it into fpsc rather than creating the whole cod from scatch again.

Well best of luck improving x9 and finishing up x10.

-Tj

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 04:05
Just downloaded it and I am going to check it out now.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 04:12
Seems to work alright

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 04:13
Sweet. It's back up again. Well I'll download tomorrow, stayin the night at a friends.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 04:56
Lee, is there any way we can get the files like this from now on? S4 and myself for sure, as well as probably many others run 2+ copies of Fpsc on our machines. This way we can stick with an update that works for us wile trying out the newest versions. The installer dose not give us the option if there's already an update in the start menu. If we like an update we cant then run the installer on the other drives. It only wants to repair the main. I'm sure you can see the problem in this.

By all means the installers are great for the masses, but I know personally I like having a little more control. Offering 2 versions would be a great help to the people helping with these beta versions.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 08:38
I can confirm the resizing works, the colour selection works, the "Edit Loading Screen" freeze bug has been fixed, will check the other stuff shortly. Thanks Lee

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 14:41
Has anyone tried this patch and exported their game, because everytime I export it it comes up with the display error 0.0. The funny thing is that even though I get the error code it still exports with no problems. This error happens on both winXP and Vista.

DC out

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 14:48
Hi All

I did another test with only stock models and I think the problem many be to do with the weapon pack 5. Going to run a couple of tests with the other packs and see if they do have the same problem.

DC out

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 15:21 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 15:22
Ive just tested 1.05 and its great. I had 10 characters in a room, with each one using the same script. First of all I got all 10 of them to fire at me, with 32fps all the time, then I got them all to follow a path and I had 32fps again. None of the characters had any weird effects going on either, every thing was fine.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 16:03 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 16:03
Thanks for the patch Lee.

So far I've come across two glitches, see screenshot.

Enemy 1 is not visible in the screenshot because he just floated off the map after being shot once, he kept floating away from the map as if he was in space then disappeared.

Enemy 2 got shot and fell backwards off the map where he stayed as in the screenshot, still alive but just suspended, I continued to shoot him, blood appeared but still he did not die or disappear.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 17:06
Well, I'm still not sure about all this. I'll wait till the actual download is available. And a question to the testers: Does this include ragdoll?

Arriving in 2007.
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
@Komet - Does that happen in closed enviorments?

Project FPS - 71%
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Komet - Does that happen in closed enviorments?"

I'm guessing you are meaning inside buildings? If so I don't know as I've not tested further yet, but I doubt it.

Still, it's not good to have characters being shot off the map if they are near the edge of a map in a street setting...
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 19:09
Looks good Lee. Aslo,have you any idea when Dark AI is going to be placed inside FPSC? I can't wait for it!!!

Demon Sun.Coming 2007. Mature gamers Only!!

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 20:27
@American Infantry

No, this patch does not have ragdoll, I think thats for another update.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 20:32
Aww, man. Hey wait, did Lee abandon us again? OH NO! And in a room full of cuddly bunnies?! IT'S TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Arriving in 2007.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 20:41
Don't post drivel in this thread...some of us take it seriously.
Did you even read Lee's posts?
He will post the installer for this on Monday.
He said he is implementing this as he goes along in both FPSC Classic and FPSC x10.
So my best guess would be that about the time they are ready to release x10 v1.05 will be ready...and I would guess he will be posting and occassional RC for it along the way.
Be grateful for the update.
If worst comes to worst and you don't know where to copy the files you just have to wait until Monday for the installer.
On a related note I get an error when I try to use full lightmapping with this latest update.
Other than that it seems to be an improvement although I have only had a limited opportunity to test it out.
To whom it may concern:
Please keep your posts confined to the topic at hand.
Any off-topic posts or posts containing nonsense will be deleted.
Thank you.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 20:57
Anybody try out the MP update thing?

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 21:05 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 21:10
Sorry, Fred. I was going overboard. But I have my fingers crossed, for I'm hoping Lee'll put ragdolls into FPSCX10 and FPSC Classic.

Anyways, keep at it, TGC.

Arriving in 2007.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 21:34
@Fred

I dont get an error when I use full light mapping with this patch. Are you sure your using the latest directx?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 21:41
Yep.I'm using the latest version of DirectX.
On soft lightmapping it works great.I only get the error on full lightmapping.

pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 21:55
I've tried this, and I'm still not getting an IP in MP games. Anyone else still having a problem with this?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 22:28
I did some more testing work on MP today, including the addition of an internet router, and a different configuration of ports. it seems you can hide the real IP of the machine if you go through an internet router (the box with a broadband port going in and 4/8 LAN ports coming out). My successful tests have been with machines that have a LAN cable connected from the machine directly to a broadband modem (with no hubs or routers in between). I have an idea how to overcome these devices, but for now it might be worth noting this current limitation in V105 RC1.

Fred, to make sure we can both see this full lightmapping crash. Can you build a level using default v1 media only and send me the FPM of the level that causes the crash. If I can simply load your level, and click TEST GAME to see the crash using a fresh install of V1 + V105, I am sure I can resolve the issue quickly.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 22:52 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 22:56
LeeBamber on the linksys router if you know what port the app is using to get to the internet you can open that port for that computer and the router will forward any request to that inter ip number .
they run most of the time like 192.168.1.2 etc.
You can also do a DMZ what says :
This feature sets a local user to be exposed to the Internet. Any user on the Internet can access in/out data from the DMZ host. Enable the feature as you wish to use special-purpose service.
Port forwarding

Port forwarding can be used to set up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests on your router, they will be redirected to the specified IP.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 22:58
Lee,
I'll see what I can do.The level I have been testing doesn't have much stock media.
And I just took the files in the download you posted and copied over the old ones (after I backed up the original files).
I'll get back on it in a few.It just gives me that debug 0,0 error...the one that doesn't tell you anything.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Some people's ISP makes use of NAT which yes makes peer-to-peer connections a pain. NAT ideally needs peer-to-server.

A way for folk to determine if their ISP has NAT implemented which applies to WinXP users is:

Type in a command prompt... ipconfig

Note your IP and compare it to what is shown at:

http://www.whatismyip.com/

If they are the same then your ISP is not making use of NAT.

I don't have NAT
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 23:42
Lee,
I can send you the .fpm level with stock media only I tested with and got the same error while lightmapping but you probably already have it.It's the WWII level that comes standard with FPSC.
If not,I can e-mail it to you.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Well other than enemies floating off into space (which is a tad concerning), I'm still having my player occasionally sticking, not being able to move, this happens all of a sudden and has been a bug as far as I know since 1.04 and is not fixed.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:02
@Komet

Ive never had the player get stuck randomly. The player will get stuck if I walk into a tight spot, like inbetween a wall and some crates.

Are your drivers up todate? Other than that, I dont know what may be causing you to get stuck, unless you have custom floors and walls that may have collision bugs.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
My drivers are all up-to-date, it's not walls, floors I can move on then after awhile suddenly get stuck.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:07
Also, to TGC, can you make it so that when you kill the enemy, he drops his gun, and possibly a clip of ammo? And make all this customisable, like:

Drops Weapon: Yes
Drop Ammo: Yes
Dropped Ammo Quantity: 2

Something like that?

Arriving in 2007.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:11
That can already happen.

I'm gonna give this beta a go.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:34
How can what I said happen?

Arriving in 2007.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:41
If you have been here all of this time and you don't know how to make an enemy drop his or her weapon and/or ammo you have some serious problems.
Try reading the manuel,searching,reading Nicky's guide or maybe right clicking on an enemy and seeing if you can figure it out.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:50
No, I mean, it drops out of their hand.

Arriving in 2007.
jantteri FIN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 12:16
I just replace 1.04 for 1.05 files, not good idea It wont work properly for now, it's slow in editor!!! back to 1.04...

Suomi Finland Perkele

http://enforcer.co.nr (english area is WIP)
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 19:20
the problem..........almost invisible entities

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 20:07
I had a problem with the lightmapper...it might've been a problem when I copied the files, so I'm just gonna' wait for the install.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 20:20 Edited at: 11th Mar 2007 20:21
As some of you may know, i had trouble when building "Hidden Agenda", my entry in to last months level design competition. I just built it with this new update and at last the lightmapper works!! However, the lightmaps are not as good as V1.04 RC10 (i understand you decreased the quality on purpose, Lee).

Anyway, i thought these might help:

As a footnote, this level was built with Full Lightmapping, Full Shaders and 512 x 512 textures.

Hope this helps,
AE
P.S. I also have the semi-transparent character problem

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 20:29
Komet, please provide me with an FPM of the level that has the floating off enemies to lee@thegamecreators.com and a step by step instruction on what I should do to reproduce the problem. Provide as MUCH detail as you can so I can see what you see.

The transparent enemy will be fixed for V105RC2.

If you have lightmapper problems, please report the system specifications you are using and especially the graphics chip/card you are using and the memory of that card, thanks.

The next few updates (V105/106/etc) will be bug fixes and stability only, there will not be any new features added until we have sorted out the current issues experienced by users.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:29:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:29:31