Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC Level Contest- August

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 09:11
i downloaded them as soon as i got them email, but havnt done anything yet cause i had an assignment due today

will start soon

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i downloaded them as soon as i got them email, but havnt done anything yet cause i had an assignment due today

will start soon"

Ah yes, the start of school, where we now deticate most of our time to doing useless stuff that we won't ever remember!

Phoenix Sentry Representative / Programmer / Moderator / Beta Tester
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 14:06
start of school? its week 8 of 11
ive done 2 reviews between playing BF2142

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 16:08
Quote: "ive done 2 reviews between playing BF2142"
lol
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ive done 2 reviews between playing BF2142"

Heh, I do the same thing, except i'm writing an essay/thesis.

[center]
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 19:21
in case anyone playing my level is confused there are walls that can be shot and destroyed and have to be to progress in the level, pic attached showing how a normal wall and a fake wall are different.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 19:50
I am withdrawing as a judge, my internet seems to have gone retarded on me. I will still provide the free model though

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am withdrawing as a judge, my internet seems to have gone retarded on me. I will still provide the free model though"

Well no one can win if there is no one to judge.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 23:15
Quote: "Well no one can win if there is no one to judge."

there is more than 1 judge
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 01:12
Quote: "start of school? its week 8 of 11"

For us it is...but Crispex has just had summer holidays along with the other people living in the northern hemisphere... they go back for the start of a new school year in September...

[center]
RDF
User Banned
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 02:31
I just started school on September 4th
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 02:36
You're in kindergarten?

Joking.

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 06:58
*humming silly tune*

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 18:32
Quote: "You're in kindergarten"

yup im only 5 years old
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 18:49
the lack of judgments has driven us to insanity.
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 18:58
Tis me nature laddy.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 19:49
I'm going to have to withdraw from judging. I have been way too busy lately.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 20:01
Quote: "I'm going to have to withdraw from judging. I have been way too busy lately."
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 21:18
I've gone through 2 of the entries and am partly done with a third (thank god for save and load!). I've been having some troubles with my computer which seem to be sorted out now. My review will be sent to Silent Thunder shortly (I hope)

Meanwhile I need to go assemble a bookcase....

Vote today and play the games!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I'm going to have to withdraw from judging. I have been way too busy lately.
"

"...dhump, dhump, dhump... another one bites the dust...
...dhump, dhump, dhump... another one bites the dust...
and another one down, and another one down and another
one bites the dust..."

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 22:24
@astek lol
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 22:24 Edited at: 9th Sep 2007 23:25
ok so were sending judgements to silent thinder?
lemme know before i post it
EDIT-Sent to Silent Thunder

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay well I'm about to explode from anxiousness... so judge that baby!

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 00:33
Quote: "I'm about to explode from anxiousness..."

LOL! Same here.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 13:21
should i finish it off now?
or wait until u all come to kill me?

also, mine arnt very long so dont count on much

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 17:55
what are you talking about?

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 18:05
still waiting.... long time to judge... 4 entries?

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 20:09
my decisions in im just waiting for the go ahead to post what I thought about each

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Just go ahead D13. I don't think it matters. You're just suppost to judge.

RDF
User Banned
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 22:09 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 22:10
...this comp ended 9 days ago
i want to see who the winner is
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 23:05 Edited at: 11th Sep 2007 22:08
Since there are so many prizes and so few entries... I think 1st and 2nd should select 2 model packs and the rest... one prize. Could this be done?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 00:12
There is a right way and a wrong way to do this and they are trying to do things the right way.Have patience.The judging won't get done any sooner if you aggravate the judges.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 00:28
the prizes dont get horded, as we dont have them yet. They are donated as needed. ANd no i dont think the 2 prizes thing is fair. I'll wait on posting my reasons for judgement till im told. Otherwise false hopes can be raised.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 07:56
@D13 - Go ahead and post your scores if you want.

I'll wait a few more days, if I don't get anymore scores, then D13's decisions stand.

Very low prices! Click on the picture to order!
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 13:56
ok im almost done judging, but specimen wont open for me
also, im not use to vishnu for gorak. How do i bring up the game menu? to quit and save

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 16:13
i should have my results lastest thursday

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 17:44
Quote: "also, im not use to vishnu for gorak. How do i bring up the game menu? to quit and save"
you need to press the ctrl key before using the escape key. it was in the manual
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 20:21 Edited at: 13th Sep 2007 00:21
Well here are my judgements. explainations will come after as i type them up. For the time being here is the placement. I will edit this post for catagory explainations. A word of advice to all contestants for future contest- TEST YOUR COMPILED GAMES! Just because it works in editing does not mean it is alright in the final version.Plus, DOWNLOAD YOUR GAME AFTER UPLOADING TO MAKE SURE WHAT JUDGES RECEIVE ISN'T A WASTE OF TIME!
1st-"Gorak"
2nd-"Specimen"
3rd-"Zombified"
4th-"The KO"

The following is explainations per catagory set on the first post. ____________________
-Gorak- by i want to game- score- 47
*Humor-0/5- I didnt find humor in it though it's cartoon like look could have openly welcomed some
*Level Design-4/5- This one was a close one. If the hint wans't posted about the false walls it would have
recieved a much lower score. It flowed nicely, but some sections seemed pointless. The layout though was very fun.
*Custom Media-5/5- Just about everything in this game was custom except the doors (wich I don't blame). It had a great cartoon look to it that was refreshing but at times repetative. It's obvious a lot of effort was placed in making custom media for this level.
*Believability-7/10- This is the catagory that hurt this game severely. There were items in some rooms but there were also some rooms that were more for asthetics than function.
*Originality-9/10- This story was explained well and gave a feel of that first scene in Starwars episode 4.
*Professionalism-8/10- The use Vishnu to pack the geame was good as well as using its decryption screen for mood setting with the firefight pic. What it could have used was an installer and a custom icon.
*GamePlay-5/5- I have to say despite some issues with the layout of rooms being empty, it was the fun factor that got me here. This one had 2 puzzles and some amazing content despite cartoony look. I was wowed that someone would include a huge spaceship docked in the hanger. The lower polly and texture size also contributed greatly to the games framrate.
*Completeness-4/5- Definitely had a clear end and beginning. but I wish the end were a bit more 'full' for a lack of knowlage of a word I'm looking for to describe it. Maybe more of a cutscene or whatnot.
*Menu Look-4/5- Definitely color ful and original but what hurt it was the default WW2 looking buttons. What did help was the Unpacking screen wich definitely helped set the mood.

*Custom Media-3/5- Im not sure but I thought I saw an attempt at reworking the HL2zombie. Other than that it was a good use of stock and media from websites. Points off for haveing to shoot the zombies in the foot to hit...
*Believability-8/10- As far as placement and entity belongingness, this one takes the cake. Everything made sense for placement.
*Originality-10/10- I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the premise of this one as well as it's presentation cutscene. The loading screen blended well with the story and made sense.
*Professionalism-5/10- The lack of install or packing didn't help this one, as well as the trouble getting the game started to begin with. You did have a custom icon wich gave you the points, but it was non functional.
*GamePlay-4/5- The gameplay in this one was great despite 2 major problem. The completely aggrivateing ladders and the waaaay too low fps in the vents.
*Completeness-3/5- The score is completely based on the well done beginning of the game, but I honestly didn't 'complete' the game. I killed all that needed killing and came to a locked door. I assume maybe the key was on the skewered guy in the corridor (nice one by the way) but everytime i approached him i would kill the zombie behind me and the game would crash as i got close to the skewerd body.
*Menu Look-0/5- This was almost the whole games downfall. The menu sets the mood for the game and I saw the default menu. Luckily the rest of the game brought it back up.

*Custom Media-2/5- This one also had some good use of stock. Points off for not reading the instructions with MP9 about manually copying the media over and making the player have to use non textured weapons.
*Believability-7/10- This one well placed for what I saw, but the lack of lighting really pulled this one down. Can't judge what you can't see. It strengthened at the end where it was a bit more well lit.
*Originality-8/10- Definitely explained well and not a much used plotline. Very enjoyable.
*Professionalism-0/10-This one hurt quite a bit. No icon, no packing, no install.
*GamePlay-4/5- Gameplay was decent in this one, I enjoyed the section where you had to break into the office. The lack of weapon texture just took to much away from this game and made it kida iffy.
*Completeness-4/5- Definitely a good story from beginning to end and very understandable, It all tied up semi well but didn't exactly finsh...accually left me wanting more.
*Menu Look-4/5- All original stuff and stylish font as well But the lack of background left me wanting a bit more. The music was more suited to horror but I can see where you were going with it.

*Level Design-2/5- This one started strong but ended kinda weak. Maybe if there were accually more level to it, it would have achieved a higher score. There was also a piece of floor missing where you could see a nice green skybox.
*Custom Media-3/5- This one also had some good use of stock media.
*Believability-7/10-This one did well also but honestly didn't give much to judge.
*Originality-6/10- Well the explaination of story was somewhat clear, but honestly lost me. Plus this really didn't fit well with the scifi genre other than level textures.
*Professionalism-7/10- The install is what saved this one, as it has no packing or icon.
*GamePlay-3/5- The gameplay was good for this one just waay too short and confusing.
*Completeness-1/5- I have to tell ya I was totally confused. The story was somewhat unclear from the beginning, about someone being hired to kill you by a coworker, you exit the building to recieve a video of 2 men shooting you, then they are gone and you walk to the exit...What? I have no idea what just happened there.
*Menu Look-3/5- This one looked nice But WW2 default buttons threw the score down.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 21:53
so... how do people get prizes
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:05 Edited at: 11th Sep 2007 22:10
they will be emailed with a notification of when and what there is to choose from.
PATIENCE PLEASE!
Quote: "There is a right way and a wrong way to do this and they are trying to do things the right way.Have patience.The judging won't get done any sooner if you aggravate the judges."

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:10 Edited at: 12th Sep 2007 02:14
That's not so bad I don't think. I kind of want to cry though because you placed me second.

Also I did have a sign in the game that said "Please Flush After Crapping" in the bathroom. But somehow I don't know... he wasn't there or you didn't find it. But it's all okay becaue no one else had humor.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:16
Now you know why I don't run this competition anymore....
Disturbing 13,
Is there any chance you can edit the scores so that the forum member who submitted the entry's name is with their entry?I don't know who submitted what level.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:23 Edited at: 11th Sep 2007 22:30
EDIT

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:27 Edited at: 11th Sep 2007 22:30
@FredP- Yes i can definitely add the names to each game. And GOD YES I see why you don't do this any more. This is probbably my last contest to judge, unless I do my own in wich impatience is rewarded with disqualification.

@ASTEK- How many unscored catagories do you count?
Quote: "(It is in Progress one catagory at a time, bare with me as i edit)"

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I was being dumb. I overlooked that but now I'm on the edge of my seat because I know we are tied.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 22:35
Quote: "And GOD YES I see why you don't do this any more."

Just do what I do.Have the shrink up the dosage on my meds...again.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 23:38
There my scoreing is done, I think i left ample explaination for my judgements. The reason I didn't put names to the games untill my full judgement was complete primarily because I wanted to judge the game without knowing who did what. A perfect example was all the impatience that would effect the mood and aggrivation level of the judge. So I didnt check the names of who did what again till I finished posting.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 23:54
I can't blame you there.

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 01:43 Edited at: 12th Sep 2007 01:44
I see what it needed, and next time it will rock. HARD. Lol.

Im happy I placed 3rd. Works for me. I had fun making it and waiting, kinda, but thats all that matters. Having fun doing it...a-nd winning a prize. lol.

EDIT: offtopic/ Does aybody know of any good icon makers?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 02:11 Edited at: 12th Sep 2007 02:16
Quote: "EDIT: offtopic/ Does aybody know of any good icon makers?"

Yeah, but none that work. And sorry D13 for being a little impatient. It wasn't mainly that... more bordom that anything.

Also I had a custom menu BUT FPSC substituted it in the build. It did it on its own because I triple checked everything before I built. Just tough luck.

Man... I got showed down by I Want To Game. I need to go hang myself.

NOT REALLY.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:30:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:30:27