Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Parasite Quarantine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2007 02:12 Edited at: 30th Oct 2007 02:14
the picture is o.k. can u show mw a zombie or a pic with action? i dont like the lighting either, too dark, too normally too dark. add some red or green lights. or spotlight in places where your going to be in danger, (people including me seem to be drawn to spotlights), then as soon as you step in, BOO!.
p.s. crappy gore golore, what got me is when the zombie opened up the guys head, graphically

bob larry
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 16:59
lol ur not alone... never alone..

but this is really comeing along
i played your demo and its great ithink.. but i had to adjust my monitor britness (it was a little dark)
i thought the music was great.. did u use Acidpro?

lol anyway looking good sounding good this is gona be a great game when its done.

pain

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 17:21 Edited at: 31st Oct 2007 17:26
Thx for the comment Pain...

I didn't make the musics, they are by a swedish filmmaker/movie composer Jesper Ahl. Also some of the music in full version is made by Jussi Huhtala, whom I have worked with on movies for quite some time.
(EDIT: Asked from Jesper, he uses FI Studio)

I got the level 8 tweaked out today... changed the lighting pretty much completely, since the first versions of the level sucked. Now I'm pretty satisfied with it.
Here's a few screens...

First one.. you don't want to fall down from there...

We've seen the world burn! We've seen the sun eclipse from the smoke of the burning dead!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 17:21 Edited at: 31st Oct 2007 17:28
And another one.

I used a lot of double-triple -doors and stairways to make "portals" so even though there's large open areas, the framerate stays steadily above 25fps on my crappy computer.

We've seen the world burn! We've seen the sun eclipse from the smoke of the burning dead!

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 12:12
Here's one more image from level 8, a sort of an combined control and break room. Note the amount of lights, there are six light objects in this room alone

I'll start working on level 9 today, which is an office area. Should be a welcome change to the cyberpunkish army style

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 18:48
Okay, I'm halfway through level 9. Gameplaywise this is more "normal" than level 8, but it's in an office area with some new gimmicks, which should bring a nice change of pace. Also, again, several alternative routes/ways to complete level. As the few people who tested the demo know, you're not given much ammo or guns, so I'm making the level so that if you take risks and go through difficult routes you will gain access to some guns&ammo, if you take the easy way out... no such luck...

Here's a few pics... first, a hallway. A bit different than the bunker/maintenance ones.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 18:50
Second, a picture from the cubicles. It's basically a large hall with lots of small cubicles with computers in them... computer messages galore

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 18:50
And last, an under construction -room. Will you dare to go down there?

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 20:25
Guess I'm talking alone here again. Anyway, here's one more screenie for today. Image is from inside an office, with Jon's Beretta.
Yeah, you'll get the beretta in that level. If you can find it.

Attachments

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 21:38
Screenshots look fantastic. Downloading demo now.

Obedience Discipline Unity
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:44 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 22:51
The demo was outrageous! I don't get scared pretty easily, but your games environment was very creepy and full of detail. I also liked the darkness and it wasn't too dark for me.

Although this demo was close to perfection, it has some bugs.
First of all: I saved my game in air conditioning vent in level one, and when I loaded the game, it spawned me on top of that vent which means I was able to see the whole level from bird perspective.
Second: Dead came very familiar to me, so I saved often. When I loaded the game, my kick ass revolver turned into popgun (very annoying bug, I have same problem with my game).
Third: The flickering blood stains. Not very big, but you should fix it.

Afterall. Very great game. The bugs are just few grains of sand on this diamond.

+ Ambience
+ Interesting and scary environment.
+ Music
+ Nice Framerate (31-32 for me)

- Sometimes it was difficult to navigate in darkness.
- Bugs.

(Tässä taas nähdään että suomalainen peliteollisuus jyrää )

Obedience Discipline Unity
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:48 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 22:48
Thanx for the comments

At least the bugs 2 and 3 I can fix/have fixed. The flickering bloodstains have been fixed and the changing revolver power is just a matter of having to change the gun power from gun to enemy health... Easy to fix also.

I'm glad you liked the demo

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 20:44
I'm back with another useless update!
I just finished level 9, and started working on level 10. It's time to put my so called skills to test. I'm about to recreate a large real life hall (see attached picture). Biggest concern here is the framerate, so it'll probably be the most linear and object-parse level so far. Hopefully, it'll be eye candy nevertheless
I was also able to get another composer aboard to the game, Artturi Rosten, director/composer of surreal horror movies Psychosexual mind and Riga mortis. Some of his sickest tracks will be featured in the game.
I'll post some screenshots later on, here's an image of the real life room.

Attachments

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 21:24
omgosh dude, that looks like it would screw your computer.but if it works, itll look totally awesome.

this might be a wierd question,but: what does parasite quarantine mean?

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 21:29
o.k. i cant seem to get the download, and i want to. another question, when is your movie coming out, i want to see it about 1/2 as bad as i want to play the game.( doesnt sound like a lot, but by how excited i am about the game, 1/2 is a lot)

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 21:29 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2007 21:30
So far the geometry itself works. Now I only need to balance out the entities and lights there... I sure hope it doesn't screw my computer...

Parasite Quarantine... uh...
Parasite's a creature that leeches on another being.
Quarantine's lockdown for medical etc. reasons

The name stems from the plot and from the fact that this is a sequel to our early short film "parasite" which tells the story of the Training mission crew, who infect the base in the beginning of Parasite Q.

EDIT: The download should work. It's a crappy finnish server, so it's probably just slow.
The movie's coming out at the beginning of december. We still have soundwork and CG FX to do.

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 23:23
Ok, the level is shaping up now and... it looks nothing like the movie one. That's ok though, it's still recognisable, just a lot darker and, well, sort of bigger. It's still W.I.P, there's a lot of objects still to be added, but so far it looks pretty nice IMO. And best of all, despite the size of the hall and the amount of objects, I'm getting above-26-FPS ALL THE TIME. Mostly 32fps, only dips come from when I get close to bumpmapped walls (GF7300LE, bumpmaps are like poison to that piece of s***)

So, here's a few W.I.P. images of the military base lobby...

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 23:23
Second one...

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 23:25
And final one, from an upper balcony.

Keep in mind that these are still W.I.P. so they are a bit object-sparse.

Hopefully I can get this level finished tomorrow...

Attachments

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 00:29
Looks good, except in alot of your screenshots, the variations of color are too wide and end up distracting rather than looking good. The eerie blue looks great, and some whites would look good, but different color lights for each of the lights above the doors looks silly, and unrealistic.

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 10:52 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2007 10:57
Yeah, I've taken that into account. I'm thinking about dropping the yellow stairway lights from the lobby level, there's just something about it that doesn't look right.
The large variation in color is again a nod to the movie though, where the scenes are mostly lit with several coloured lights, as we're trying to achieve an 80's/Dario Argento feel.

Edit: I went through some screenshots etc. You're right about the lobby level, too much color, as well as some images of levels 1-3, which are way OTT (I'm going to rework them at some point) In other levels the lights follow a simple pattern of different light entities bringing different color: Wall lights give out weak greens and blues, construction lights yellow/orange and table lights and computer screens strong blue. Plus doors have a different light above them depending on what kinda door it is (automatic door-blue, use door-green, locked/remote/fake door-red)

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 16:57
Ok, I'm back again, couldn't work on this yesterday because I was busy shooting a new shortfilm. But today I made some progress with level 10. So, I reworked the lights, made them less surreal/less contrast in colors, and also added more entities. Framerate still a steady 28fps, which is pretty surprising considering the size of the area and the amount of objects in it.

Here's the first shot, overview of the hall. Note the blue glow throughout the area. The ambient light level is still 1, but I added large lights to the top of the area, so it's not completely dark.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 16:59
Second image, from the middle of the hall. The blue and yellow ambient lights give nice the ceiling a nice metallic glow.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 17:01
And one more from the middle of the hall.
Yeah, it looks nothing like the ones in the movie, but I think it's better this way. Better looking and more atmospheric.

Tell me what you think.

Attachments

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 18:39
wow, i can actually see

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 07:34
this looks so cool......jon also made dual berettas
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 22:24
Nice atmosphere.

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 18:36
I'm back again with another pointless update...
I finished level10, I tried to make an even larger version of it, but that led to some nasty polyleak/lagg problems. Now I started working on level 11, which will be sort of an transition from the high-tech areas to a more low-tech, construction site-styled place. Also did some new video sequences for the game...
Here's an image of level 11, WIP.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 21:03
Some more images of level 11...

From lower floor, with ripped-open ceiling, allowing you to see to the construction area upstairs.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 21:05
A break room...

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 21:06
And an image from the second floor construction area...

Attachments

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2007 11:24
cool.......cant wait till this is finished
oxid_06
Years of Service
User Offline
i have play to your game and i think it is very amazing and good !
i've loved the first lvl with the monsters who follow you

your screen are good !

but a little thing : your game is a bit too dark for me

great job

ludo.

ps : iam french so , sorry for my baaaad english
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2007 15:41
Thanks

oxid_06: Yeah, the demo levels are a bit too dark (or there are a bit too few light entities)... I'm tweaking them for the full version so that it'll be easier to navigate in them.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 01:21
are you going to get this published? i would by it then. though im guessing you probably r if its a movie game. but still, r u?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
well I've come back to this thread and I'm liking the new shots, you seem to listen what people have said and made the changes and yes you can see(not to dark).

This game looking a lot better well done.

I can see this doing well

Best s4
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 12:16
Thanks

Chees hed: Yes, I will publish this... though I think you meant to ask if I'm going to sell this? Probably not, at least right now I think the best way is to make this a free download and maybe a special DVD-Rom feature on the movie's DVD release. I have no intentions to start selling the game on my own.
Although, if the game turns out too large to be put on our server, I might have to reconsider. But I kinda doubt that.

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 17:55
Started working on level 12 now. In level 11 there was a transition to under construction-area, so level 12 is all construction site. And that means platform jumping puzzles! *insert evil laugh*

Here's an image from level 12

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 20:11
Some more images of level 12. I wanted the construction areas to look really run-down, and FPSC stock media works pretty well for that.

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 20:12
Another one, a corridor shot...

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 20:13
And an image with a larger hall... You can see the night sky from the top windows, and the light coming from outside gives the room a ghastly blue tint...

I have level 12 pretty much ready now, running at 28fps.

Attachments

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 01:39 Edited at: 21st Nov 2007 03:17
cool. i shall buy this dvd and cd rom without a doubt! you are really doing well. but what do the enemies look like? i dont know if your trying to make them a surprise but i would really like to see them.cant wait till this is realeased so i can do some
<- - -=

game freak gamez team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 21:22
The game looks great with its dark envinment. I haven't try the demo yet, but I will soon. Still, looks great.

Try R gamez at...
http://gamefreakgamez.piczo.com
Also, no. We aren't the guys who make Pokemon!
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 16:27 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2007 17:09
Thanks for the comments guys

Ok, I'm back after a break, been busy shooting our new shortfilm and on a few other projects... Today I started level 13. It's combined mess hall/kitchen and surrounding areas...
Here's a few images, first, a freezer... dark and packed with bloody meat... The blue lights give a nice, cold feel to it. Although it's a bit dark (It's all WIP, I'll probably add one more light there...)

EDIT: Changed the image to updated one...

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 16:29
And another one, a lab/office located in the hallways behind the kitchen...

More coming soon... Give some comments pls

Attachments

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 17:11
An image from the kitchen, showing a meat packing line (or something like that)

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 17:25
Ehetyz,

This is super design and layout, and your lighting is outstanding. Most impressive.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 17:43
Yay, thanks

Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 21:51
Finished level 13. It's probably the creepiest level so far, thanks to the slaughterhouse/kitchen setting and Artturi Rosten's chilling song "Artery". It creeps even ME out

Attachments

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 02:24
It doesn't look like those lights are all the way on the ceiling. Try hitting page up once or twice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:17:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:17:36