Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Packs and FPSC X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Try altering the weight of the Humvee. Or just making it immobile. =]

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 03:26
I think the issue is, if I can't push it, why can he.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 16:13 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 16:30
Quote: "The reason nobody answered your question is not only because since model pack 17 is out packs 9 and 10 would have had to be released...either that or somebody can't count.
Also,if you would have went to the place where you found and purchased FPSC you will see there are 17 model packs for purchase...including packs 9 and 10."

I think he was asking when model packs 9 and 10 will be ready for x10.
Or in other words, when will they be updated, not if they were released. (His english is not too good, but thats ok!)
Have packs 9 & 10 already been updated for X10 Fred?

I think Fred's answer was addressing their initial release, which was a result of misunderstanding the question. (but that's ok too!)

Quote: "When the modelpack 9 and 10 are release ?"

Quote: "Conjured Translation..."When will model packs 9 and 10 be updated for X10?""

The reason nobody was answering you friend is because only Lee can answer that question, since he is doing the updates.
Keep an eye out here in this thread and I am sure he will let you know, like he did with Model Pack 1's update.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 18:19
My plan is to release the X10 model packs one by one from the oldest to the newest. There are a raft of issues getting old model packs to work with the very new X10, so I am having to make decisions along the way which I hope will allow everyone the benefit of using the packs in X10, though there will be some sacrifice such as some of the more advanced scripts for characters have to be dropped as X10 uses DarkAI now, but also some improvements which I will let you find out yourself

I have just uploaded Model Pack 2 for X10 to the Order History page for those who have model pack 2, so you can go get that now. I have also stepped up the version of X10 to V102 which includes the following changes:

* Host of Vista Compatability Issues resolved (including running under all Windows Vista Styles)
* Any scripts in Program Files scriptbank now copy to Documents if they do not exist there
* Fixed Sound Bug causing delays before any sounds are played (3D listener bug delay)
* Fixed bug causing ANIMATE not to work by using CLONE instead of INSTANCE for animated non-character entities

The last change I have made to allow compatibility with the use of ANIMATE, which is a low-level animation command that X10 only supports with cloned objects. If anyone notices a speed decrease due to the use of lots of non-character animated entities, let me know and I will come up with a more refined solution to the issue.

Please let me know your experiences of Model Pack 2 and the new update, which you can get by going to the HELP menu and selecting CHECK FOR UPDATES. It will automatically download, install and restart X10 ready for you to enjoy the new model pack.

The reports on model pack one are useful, so thanks for those. Be aware that these are old model packs, so there are no texture variations available to add variety to the characters appearance, or anything substantially new added to them. Only the new model packs created by artists who are actively supporting the extra X10 content will use all of X10's abilities such as normal mapping, specular mapping and texture arrays. Creating these additional assets take A LOT of time, and it was not fair to ask the original authors of the packs to create them. Some artists are offering to produce some of these additional assets, but they will only appear in a few of the original packs. Better news is that we are encouraging all present and future artists to produce content for the X10 version which means texture variations, normal maps, specular maps and LOD versions are more likely to appear in new model packs and items.

Amongst other things, I will start looking at model pack three, and make any changes to model packs 1, 2 and 16 if anyone emails me with a serious issue at lee@thegamecreators.com.

Remember to use the auto update feature of X10 to V102 before you try out model pack 2. It has a really funny side effect of showing a smoking ceiling fan if you have not installed the update, as though broken, which in a way it is under V101 Have fun!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 21:56
The update to X10 was very nice and smooth.

The MP2 stuff seems to work okay. But I'm afraid the textures have the 512 look and pale in comparison to the X10 1024 textures. So the textures are quite blurry up close. There also doesn't seem to be any normal mapping for the segments? However everything loaded smoothly and the AI, and animations seem to work well.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 09:34
I hope that spritepack 1 will be uppdated to X-10 too!
cause it was great to be using rain splatt in the games!
R
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 14:30
Visually the spritepack works fine in X10.

But the audio seems to be gone.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 02:23
I can't get the update - whenever it checks it just says it couldn't connect. I know my internet is working and my anti-virus and firewall were both disabled....

noobyshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dude, shut up while you still have any respect from people on the boards.

First off, FPSC DIDN'T have all those Model Packs when we first had the opportunity to get it. It took FORUM USERS like Disturbing13, Jon Fletcher, Bond1, and others in order to get quality models that we were willing to pay for to put into the game. You wanna start complaining to somebody, you complain to the modelers, and ten to one you're going to get noob-slapped again because of it.

Second, Microsoft has said itself that the DirectX 10 is a completely different standard than DirectX 9. Naturally, you can't expect the Model Packs to work instantaneously with a DX version that it's not written for. Think of it like an MMO; yeah, you might want those expansion packs, but if they don't fit the format of the base game, what's the purpose of even having them? At least the MPs we have now ARE usable on V1, and TGC has said as late as six months ago that getting the current MPs to work on the X10 version is one of their priorities.

You then go off on how there are a bunch of engines out there better than V1. Okay, I can understand your logic on that one...so what the Samuel L. Jackson are you even still doing here if you don't want to use it?! Not everyone is a scripting or modeling genius like you apparently seem to be, so these programs are fine for us because we can get products developed that much quicker.

I've got a challenge for you--since you seem to be SO concerned about the MPs and the content for X10, how about YOU develop some models for the program? That's right, I dare you to try this--come up with two models, JUST TWO MODELS, that even come close to rivaling the work of the artists I mentioned above AND that work in X10. Because by insulting V1, you are in essence insulting anyone who's ever contributed to the program, and that would mean the people you claim to respect.

Oh, and to Squelchy Tom, who suggested the upgrading of X10, maybe you need to read the latest newsletter; Lee's got his hands full right now trying to make it to where people who don't speak English can use the program right along with the rest of us and trying to get the software Microsoft-certified. Asking him to upgrade the contents of a program HE JUST RELEASED just so you can use your precious DX9 MPs is about as crazy as asking Apple to upgrade their newest line of iPhones days after their release because you can't download your favorite ringtones from your old phone to your new one. It's inconsiderate, for one, and for two, it's basically saying that TGC didn't do their job right in the first place. "

i still want my model packs!!!!!!

for noobs everywhere!
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 21:08
I bought FPSCmodel pack 1 but it's not showing up in my history anymore.. Why is this?

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 21:10
New forums user name? Different account?

Have no idea I still show all of mine, just thinking out loud I guess.
JamesDunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 21:53
@Jordan Siddall, did u use a different email address than the one your accound is registered with? If yes, thats why.

James.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 13:51
How far are you now, Lee?

Vista Home Premium; nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX10-ready; Pixel Shader 3.0; Intel Pentium 2 Dual Core with Intel Viiv; 320GB HDD; AGEIA PhysX engine plug-in

www.outputoverload.webs.com
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 14:40 Edited at: 21st Feb 2008 14:41
how did this get here?
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 14:40
Quote: "No, Early Adopter was the pre-release version of FPSC. In other words, I've been here a long time "

yay, the good old days
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 15:35
I guess Lee's working now. Fair enough. I'm going to shoot some Chimera including myself in R:FOM. I'm off for a while now.

-The Demented (and converted!) First Company Veteran

Vista Home Premium; nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX10-ready; Pixel Shader 3.0; Intel Pentium 2 Dual Core with Intel Viiv; 320GB HDD; AGEIA PhysX engine plug-in

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 19:08
This forum has been very quiet since i last left...

First, I wanna shoot Hale. Then, I wanna shoot me Menial mate. Then, I wanna shoot meself. Then, I wanna play Resistance with my dead crap Ragdoll physics...

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:49
Nothing to say until more MPs are released for X10.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:50
Okay...

First, I wanna shoot Hale. Then, I wanna shoot me Menial mate. Then, I wanna shoot meself. Then, I wanna play Resistance with my dead crap Ragdoll physics...

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 21:01 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 11:38
Well i wonder if they made a pause in converting the rest of the modell packs ?? Cause im checking my ordersite everyday and nothing !
Have happened in weeks ! i need the weapons from some of the packs
+ those hands!
why are tgc taking so much time to get em out??
i payed much money just to make my pc compatible with fpsc x-10
and now when i fixed everything!the modelpack is not finished so i cant use them!
R
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 03:35
I think we lost out to the X9 group!

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 08:23 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 12:08
well i hope those other packs will be out soon !!!!!
cause theres no weapon in x-10 i wanna use for a game rigth now!
it would be great if they tries to getting the packs out soon
So we can get hands for the weapons too,i also need the egyptian pack!
im not just complaining i cant model myself so im stuck with those packs and i think the time is now! to get em out!
i hope it will be out before the end of 2008!
R
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 20:59
Bug in Model Pack 16 for X10

I'll e-mail this to Lee anyways, but does anyone else have a problem with lightmapping the urban segment? The floor lightmaps fine, and has a wonderful normal mapping effect and I love the segment's textures, but the walls seem unaffected by the lightmapping. I'm not sure why, I'll try to fix it myself, it may be a shader bug or something.

Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, yesterday I sent you an email containing a video and a test level showing a bug on the "old" sci-fi segments (the ones that come from FPSC X9). Have you receive it?

~Pulsar Coder
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 10:12 Edited at: 12th Mar 2008 18:12
Wheres the updated modelpacks then?
ive been waiting quite a while for them now!
why are it taking so long time??
R

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 12:31
All NPC's are wider in X10
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 09:58 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2008 09:59
wheres the other packs then?
im just asking!
R
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 21:21
I am currently working through Model Pack 3 for conversion to X10, and there are quite a few differences between the media from the X9 pack and what X10 needs for full compatibility. I have tackled most of them, and have a few remaining things to deal with and then I can upload the X10 version to the Order History of those users who have purchased Model Pack 3. Hopefully model pack conversion will get easier as the X10 engine is adapted to handle older content. Thanks for your patience

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 15:37
We appreciate the work. Thanks Lee!

EliEvans
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone have any news on the release date?

Eli Evans
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 14:01
could any one make me a demon like this for fps creator x10}

lukex10

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 18:13
I see the download in the Order History Lee, however once I downloaded it, and extracted the files, it says it is Model Pack 16.

You might want to fix that. Also it is the same size contents as Model Pack 16 so I believe it is truelly Model Pack 16 Packed by mistake.

I went to install to see if it was Model Pack 3 and it said it was 16 and asked me if I wanted to remove or repair Model Pack 16 since i already have it.

~James

Phoenix Sentry Programmer & CoFounder
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 21:26
Same here...

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 21:45
This is MP 16, I don't own it and when I install this, I suddenly do... Better uninstall it quickly
Carsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 04:18
Yep..Same problem here, Hopefully Lee will realize this...

Thanks in advanced!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 21:22
Just quick question, Is modelpack 18 FPSCX10 ready?

Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Just installed my model pack 3 update. All looks great, but I can't find the shelves from the x9 version? Were they removed? They were the best part... =/

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 23:08
There are a few more missing, Guess he didn't done them all?
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 23:16
Yup and a few issues still with example the Pipes.

I created a room and filled it with ever PIPE that is available, you can see them all when you are in the Map Edit but once you do a test run or build a game some are completely missing.

very strange.

~James

Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
I just found out that the same goes for the light entities (well, all the ones I tried) they appear in editor but not in game. Also, the roofing segments are not alligned properly, they appear all at the same hight, a layer lower than they should be, I started a level of mine and was almost being crushed by a roof that should have been two floors above me.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 21:19
Lee you didn't change any thing or for that matter very little...

The outside walls are still higher than the inside walls.

Some entities still don't work.

Looks like lee just changed the installer without testing it...sad.. really sad!!!

WTH !!!!!!!!

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 11:24
i got the same problem as the other guys!
R
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 01:40
Send me an FPM of the PIPES problem and I will check it out. Some items had to be removed as they used multi-material meshes and X10 does not support those (performance reasons). If you feel you have found a problem specifically with MP3 (rather than X10 in general), email me a step by step and level showing the issue and I can make corrections to the model pack for X10 users.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 06:35 Edited at: 7th Apr 2008 06:35
Guys, give Lee a little break. He's one man against a crap-load of work. I for one just want an FPSC X10 segment and entity creator. Then no one can truly complain about the MP's.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 16:01
Sent you an email Lee. It shows all the pipes, and you will see most work but alot do not.

~James

Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 21:02
When is the sprite pack being updated??

Chris Ganuza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 08:34 Edited at: 24th Apr 2008 08:35
i know model pack 2 for x10 is out now, it has everything but i cant use them yet. Might not for a few more years.

CG
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 00:33
Quote: "When is the sprite pack being updated??"

I dont think it is as when i went to my order history it doesn't say that t will be

[url]Operationblackmesa.vossey.net[/url]
Operation Black mesa Developer
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 10:57 Edited at: 9th May 2008 10:47
I still wonder where the other modelpacks are !
its been 5 month at least since the fpsc x10 was out!
So now i begin to think that my joke about that the model packs will be out before late 2009 ! will be correct!
im sick of waiting!!
R
mido darsh
Years of Service
User Offline
thank u

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 20:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 20:29:34