Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Packs and FPSC X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 22:40
yeah where are the packs?
The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 23:34 Edited at: 17th May 2008 23:42
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, TGC is working on V2 for FPSC, The new store and updates for FPSX10. God, give these guys a break. If you are not happy make these yourself. They bust but making good price products and some have no repsect. Keep up the good work TGC's.

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 04:06
o well.... have a and try to use crazybump
i rest my case...
sk8ter boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 16:33
Does the model packs to 18 work in x9 version?

Long time no see..
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 12:42
I wait the models pack 9 and 10 from 4 months !!!!!

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 25th May 2008 10:31 Edited at: 9th Jun 2008 12:56
Almost 6 month have gone since the release of fpsc X-10!!!!
and im still waiting for those modelpack to be finished!!!!
Dont give me that crap to have patience any longer
ive had patience but the time is about to run out !!
Lookin everyday for info when they will be released ,
but nothing happening am i wrong!
R
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 11:55
YEAH ! MOVE UP "TheGamesCreator" !
I paid for this model pack, and i paid for fpscx10 !
Glory to the scam!

A angry man :
Styloo

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 16:23
You'll both be angrier on Post Approval and accusing TGC of ripping cutomers off because they don't drop everything and kiss your backside.
TGC does a variety of things so you just have to wait until they get around to it.Slander and trolling will not be tolerated.
You've both been around to know you just have to sit and wait so...
Just sit and wait.It'll happen sooner or later.TGC is not in the business of ripping people off.
BTW I have x10 and I would like the packs for x10 as well but I'm not going to have a stroke over it.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 04:44 Edited at: 29th May 2008 04:48
Amen Fred!
I'm sure everyone that has bought model packs for X9 and have recently purchased X10 would love to have all the X9 model packs made to be compatible with X10 also. But did it slip everyone’s mind that TGC has other programs besides FPSC X10 and X9 to take care of like Dark Basic Pro, Dark basic Pro plug-in’s, Dark GDK, etc. Not to mention the fact that TGC are making all the X9 model packs compatible with X10 for "FREE" which was a very nice gesture on their part because if they wanted to they could have charged for this service. So I think everyone needs to cut them some slack.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Lord Fred!

shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 01:44
This forum is turning into the Nazi government
complaints and complainers are shut down straight away(I bet if they try again there comment wont be allowed)
They have valid points it could have been expressed differently(less hostile) but it doubt the response would be different.
And yes TGC has other products but is that a good reason to neglect the others? TGC should have dealt with FPSC BEFORE releasing X10 not after(and yes people would have complained that X10 wasn't released but then they didn't have to announce it at such a earlier stage)
And fred do you think you are giving off a good image, you have complained that this forum needs 'cleaning up' that is true but you aren't helping the situation with your strict regime thats why i would pull for the other mods, dont take this as an insult but advise but if i am put on post approval or banned it would only serve to prove my point

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 02:07
If your point was to prove how childish and unprofessional you can post and attacking others and whining because you simply can't just sit there and wait like everybody else...you have accomplished your task.
Now we will either wait on the model packs happily (or at least quietly) or we will enjoy vacations...like the one you are currently on.
It is not my job as a mod or any other mods' job to kiss your backside or let you do whatever you wish just because you don't like the way things are.
You agree to the TOS and to follow the EULA when you post.If just about everybody else can do it so can you.
I might also note that thowing a fit like a three year old around here isn't going to get you anywhere.If anything harrassing people to do things slows them down.
TGC will upgrade the model packs when they get around to it.

Note to all:
If I see anybody call anybody a "nazi" or any other kind of crap like that will result in an immediate ban.That is inappropriate for anyplace...especially here.
Now I understand this thread is important to some people (including me) so let's have some courtesy for each other and those that provide the forums so people will actually want to visit this thread.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 02:27 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 02:36
shadow651 you obviously weren't a member back in 2005 and 2006 or better known as the wild west FPSC forum days before the FPSC forum had any official moderators, back then it was a flame-for-all, anybody especially new members were instantly flamed for every and just about all post, and the FPSC forum lost allot of talented members because of the boards being out of control ,that is why Rick and Lee appointed Fred, Keith, Uman and Bullshock to be official FPSC board moderators because the FPSC boards were out of control and needed desperately to be clean up, and it has been 200% better around here because of their efforts on cleaning up the boards . believe me you don’t want the FPSC boards to go back to the wild west days it wasn’t a pretty site, and that is why Fred and all the other mods are adamant on making sure the boards don’t revert back to that state. I hope this gives you some insight on the mods after all there just doing their job.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 13:27
[quote]YEAH ! MOVE UP "TheGamesCreator" !
I paid for this model pack, and i paid for fpscx10 !
Glory to the scam!

A angry man :
Styloo
[center]

Give TGC a break, man. Be grateful that you aren't fighting a war.

(Off-topic, I know, but it works)

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 04:54
Is FlashPack available for X10?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 13:33
I guess. I don't have Vista. Providing X10 uses .DDS for it's muzzleflashes, it should.

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 09:28 Edited at: 11th Jun 2008 09:45
Still nothing! No info No nothing about these un-updated modelpacks! When they gonna be out????and so on

To have fpsc x-10 is like having a paper without words!
you can open it but you cant read it!
A half year has gone since the release of Fpsc x-10
and i think its bad that tgc not working harder to get those modelpacks out at last! Well i think my crave is reasonable.
R
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 15:18
As much as I am also frustrated with the lack of communication when it comes to X10. You can't really blame anyone. When you bought it, you knew that all of the packs weren't converted. You also didn't have any dates promising when whey would be converted.

Also keep in mind that a lot of the packs were done by people who don't work for TGC, so I'm sure some of the conversions are contingent on those people's availability.

The packs don't stop you from developing your game. It's easy enough to use the stock media that shipped with X10 to build your game and then replace it when a pack is done. In a lot of cases you should be able to use the X9 version and replace it later.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 22:01 Edited at: 11th Jun 2008 22:03
Quote: "If your point was to prove how childish and unprofessional you can post and attacking others and whining because you simply can't just sit there and wait like everybody else...you have accomplished your task."

I wasn't complaining about the wait but how the complaints were being handeled.
Although i just have to say you have a great sense of humour, i laughed when i seen the reason you banned and the nazi thing wasn't meant to be directed at you or even be a personal attack but thats the way it came out, so sorry about that

@Chupa cabra
been a member since 23rd October 2006, but never posted although i did visit the forum and looked through some threads still and i agree it was pretty bad

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 20:37 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 16:38
Almost 7 month and not another upgraded mpack!???
what the heck are you doing?

if fpsc x-10 is the future what the heck didnt you finished it before it was released!!!! so i dont have to look at updates every
hecking! morning!
i was feed up with x9 cause the buyers where the real fixer for fpsc x9 and that hecking thing aint really finished yet !!!!!!!!
and no info about anything! and people who get kicked out of here when they complain about an unfinished product!Shame on you
R
Welcome to my forum
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

when will be released the model pack 4-5-6-7-8-9 for x10?

Thanks

Davide
The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 23:49 Edited at: 19th Jun 2008 00:33

is this good ? Fredp?
smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
just to let u know what they are doing:
model pack 1 and 2 are x10 ready and if you look at how much those model packs contain u will realise that they are not just focusing on other prodjects they are working on this one aswell, i would like to know estimates for when each one will be done though (just a thought)

i am prode to say i am one of the patient ones i know how much work goes into this sort of thing as i have tried (and failed) many a time to convert other model packs and cosing myself (packs that i gt for free that come with installers), i am whaiting for 4 and 5 to come out as i have bort those aswell.

chears
smile

when the world seems to be against you it always helps to smile
The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 03:31
omfg smiley.... your proud to say you have patience ? pack 3 is also released... But yeah lets wait why not! and lets smile about it.. maybe i should have paid later i dont think it would work but hé smile for 7 months!

very hard to do so....
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, give these guys a break. As it is the releases will be free of charge and they are working hard on the migration and the store. Once FPS Creater migration is over it will make that engine better than ever while everyone catches up with X10... they will be coming... Go TGC!

Indie

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 10:19
Aint it time now to release some updated modelpacks??
This wait, and patience test must be over soon!its not funny anymore.
R
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 15:44
Quote: "As it is the releases will be free of charge"

I think TGC would have little or no sales in X10 if they hadn't committed to migrating the model packs.

Tochiro GE999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 14:41
Quote: "Once FPS Creater migration is over..."

Seems like we hear this kind of line a lot with TGC. I can understand they have a lot on their plate and not soo many folks eating off of it though...

Hire more developers.

---------------
Michael Rogers
Xsniper.net
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 11:09
Well cant anyone from (TGC) give away some info
when the rest of those modelpacks will be finished then ??????
i cant make models myself so im stuck to those modelpacks
and everything i need is in those packs whos not updated yet !!!
R
New Please Help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 19:11
I agree. I hate to be rude if I am, but I ran across the site, bought the program and as I was buying them, a like to the side said model packs so I clicked it and bought a couple model packs. Only MP4 worked after som tweeking but I also bought 10 for the guns. This was over 4 months ago and I was told they would be updated. Now I'm sorry for being rude because I love tgc and their programs and respect the ammount of work they have to do but I've been waitting and still nothing, no one can even give me an idea when they will be done so I can get them. I mean prehaps if the model packs don't work in x10 then maybe a thing on the page for the model packs saying (WARNING: will not work in X10 version as of yet) but I bought them before I knew. Sorry guys.

There is no problem ON THIS EARTH!, that cannot be solved with the proper application of enough explosives.
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 12:31
Well those modelpacks will never be updated !
i begin to think!
R
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 02:13
hmmm not even an update to say when they should be done.

New pc for chrismas, Nvidia 9800gtx ,ADM phenom 6.3ghz, 4gb ram ,250 gb hard drive.windows vista home premium.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:15
I do hope the rest of the model pack will be converted in the near future. I'm trying to put a game together and the X10 media we have so far doesn't really cover a great range.

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 16:17
well nickydude im in the same position as you are !
And not a bip from tgc of when to expect the rest of those packs!!!!!
Its silly to be waiting for it so long!!
R
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 18:36
ricwid,
Stop it.TGC will update these model packs sooner or later.You think that the only thing they have to do is stop everything and update these?They have a lot of things on their plate and they will get to it sooner or later.
You've been around here long enough to know better than to get in a hurry.
Believe me...I know how how you feel.I've got the uber cool x10 and and I would like them to have the packs done in x10 too.
I'm basically in the same position as Nickydude.I'm waiting on media conversion to continue my development with x10 (provided I can keep it working with an ATI card).
TGC is involved in a lot of things not just FPSC.Everything is going to get updated eventually.It's only good business and TGC is a business so you can trust me on that.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 17:50
I've been informed that the X10 model pack conversion is low priority at the moment and may take some time before conversion continues. What with everything TGC are doing I (as well as everyone else hopefully) fully understand.

We just have to sit tight guys.

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 11:26
Low priority well thats just great!!!!!
I bougth the X-10 version after the promises that the modelpacks would be converted in a near future ! Not years!!!!
R
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 12:08 Edited at: 1st Aug 2008 12:12
Calm down ricwid, you should know how TGC works by now, slow but steady.. well.. uhh... kinda? XD

Just be happy you don't have to buy the packs for x9 and again for x10

Yes, it hurts to the wallet of some people that buyed the packs only for x10 and still can't use the products.

And well, FredP/Nickydude, ricwid is kinda right, if people buyed the packs, TGC should work a little faster on them, they got paid for the work after all, didn't they?
All i know is that if i had buyed the packs for x10, i would have asked for my money back long ago, since the products weren't "delivered" yet.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 15:02
I agree.I think they should speed up on all of their products but they have a bunch of stuff and few people.
We just have to wait our turn.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 18:15
If TGC turned their efforts into converting the packs, people would start complaining that the migration version is being put on 'low priority', it's a catch 22 situation. I do agree though that TGC are stretching themselves.

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 18:31
Quote: "If TGC turned their efforts into converting the packs, people would start complaining that the migration version is being put on 'low priority', it's a catch 22 situation. I do agree though that TGC are stretching themselves."

It's diferent from having a product fully working, and waiting for new features, that having a product that isn't working.

The fact is that both FPSCx9 and FPSCx10 work very well right now, the model packs don't (don't work on x10), some people payed boths, and only have half of their products working.

9 months have passed without having the basic packs fully converted (by basic packs, i mean all the packs that were released pre-FPSCx10), every other pack released after FPSCx10, i understand, but the others, i really don't.

I'm not really trying to start an argue in here, but things just go "sooooo" long.

It hurts to wait, but it hurts more to hear excuses.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 22:04
Quote: "The fact is that both FPSCx9 and FPSCx10 work very well right now"

Whatever.I have both and while x9 is getting better x10 is just getting going and both need development.
If they were both working so well TGC would be working on the stuff.
I have said REPEATEDLY TGC will get to this when they can.
Don't rush them.The longer they take to release something the better it works.
I can complain Halo 4 isn't out but it's not going to get here any faster.

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 20:36
TGC is working on a update for X10 to allow us X10 users to install any pack or any webstore item... So conversion is not needed !!!!! FREDP you should know this as moderator!!! And 7 months is a long wait dont you think ?
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 01:11
Yes, but that update is currently on the backburner (so to speak) as Lee is bogged down with other things to work on. This is why Fred is saying and has repeatedly said,
Quote: "TGC will get to this when they can."

Gunn3r Games
The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 01:56
when they can ? i am a customer and demand after 7 months SATISFACTION !
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 01:58
Give them some time. It's mainly just Lee working on the updates and such for FPSC. Let the man work peacefully. It's amazing what he's done already. I'm not complaining. You know what they say... Patience is a virtue.

Gunn3r Games
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 02:24
Quote: "when they can ? i am a customer and demand after 7 months SATISFACTION ! "

I demand a million dollars!Are you going to pony up or should I wait?
What you demand and what you usually receive are usually two different things.
Good luck.You aren't going to accomplish anything with that attitude.
TGC has thousands of customers.All of them demand something in one way or another (and most are nicer).
Go up to the counter,take a number and wait your turn like the rest of us.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 15:19
When you bought X10, you didn't pay for ANY model packs to come with it, just stock media. If you have purchased models packs, they were for the X9 version therefore you can demand nothing as TGC didn't have to convert any model packs.

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 16:42 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2008 16:44
yeah the 2 moderators are talking, btw TGC promised that the model packs WOULD COME FOR X10 on 1 december 2007 IMHO!

and why fight this discussion with the user policy, just telling the truth imho again...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 16:18:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 16:18:43