Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Packs and FPSC X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 18:08
If you are so adamant about getting your Model Packs into FPSC X10, why not follow Wizard of Id's tutorial on getting some of them in and do it yourself?

Gunn3r Games
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 18:29
The thing is, it's basically Model packs 6-17 people are whinging on about. I have MPs 9 10 and 16, and 9&10 aren't ready for X10 but do you see me complaining? No! It's mainly the fact that the fpi scripting is more advanced than FPSCX10 can handle, with the iron sights and whatnot. I really couldn't care less about X10 now, because the main focus is on X9 to get that up and running, and I'm happy with that as it doesn't run at almost 12FPS in a tiny room with 1 entity unlike X10! Look at Crysis, it runs beautifully on my pc and X10 is as fast as getting a broken car up a hill. No offense caused to TGC, the program is phenomenal for a DB production, but it could do with a major performance increase, because a 8400GS 512mb card cn do way better than be a couch potato whilst playing top-rated games But still, I'm happy with what's going on, and I'm not going away from TGC again (unless i die =p). They are one of the best game creation teams I know!

-FCV
jojje
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2008 18:21
i have model pack 5 and it works fine with my x10
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 22:58
Quote: "If you are so adamant about getting your Model Packs into FPSC X10, why not follow Wizard of Id's tutorial on getting some of them in and do it yourself?"
I was just about to add this.

However sadly people like to call them selfs game developers half the people don't know half of what it is to be a game developer.Yes I am insulting people blah blah no this is not flaming.With that said a true game developer always learns new skills...always!!!!!With that said if half the people took the time to look under the hood of the engine 4 pages of complaints would not have happened mostly because people don't read nor do the ask the right questions.

BTW if your waiting for the Lee or who ever is working on the X9 to X10 conversion that would allow TGC shop and models packs to install correctly you are in for a big shocker it's unlikely that these mp packs will be converted in the true sense that is X10 a orgy of shaders and good graphics.

Really guys it's so easy you have all the tools, tutorials and geeks on this website that will help you if you want to convert Mp packs for X10.That is if you ask nicely enough.

I have build my self a library of segments over 1500 segments that would allow me to improve my game.My X10 folder is now over 15 gigs in size.Created modified over 900 textures.

How many people here can say they have tried to improve a stock standard FPSC learned new skills and improve their game other than a propless lightless 4x4 block room.

Please people catch a wakeup I am past that stage of blaming TGC and LEE which I have done in the past.I have taken matters into my own hands which make me a true indie I have taken what TGC has given me even if it has been short of the goal we all wanted and made X10 my own.How many people here can say they imported a simple block or whatever applied the water shader to see if it would work??

You want to be an indie well stop relying on other people to do it for you.I have not even installed TGC shop nor downloaded any thing from it.

That is the whole point "independent" game developer.Look it up on google if you can't "grasp" the concept ?

If a mod finds this offensive or abusive or any thing else.I'm sorry.Just pointing the moaners in the right direction and some motivation even if it is in a harsh manner.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:46
You have to install the model packs into any directory you wish except the FPSC X10 or X9 folder.Install all files under one directory however directory structure must stay intact other wise your screwed period.Once done left click the directory and remove the read only from the tick box in the menu.

Doing this will allow you to edited files correctly and be able to save them.

Because we are doing this for X10 some things needs to be updated like your textures not all textures are in the correct format.You would need to download ddsconverter 2 because you need to convert textures to DDS format as well as adding mip map and dtx properties to the textures DDSconverter allows you to do this so play around with the settings of the software and you will see that it allow you to convert these textures to the correct format as well as the correct properties.

It's a lot of textures so it will taken a while.once you have done so your on your way to completing the task on hand.

Now that we have completed the X10 texture conversion we need to update the FPE files so that is correctly reflects the texture formats.So I can't tell you which one needs to be updated so you will have to search the files by your self there are far too many to do each one.So I will do one so that you will understand what needs to be done.

Because we have changed the texture formats the FPE files will not reflect this so it means to be edited one by one.So open the Any FPE file and look for this code

;visualinfo
textured = bikini_d2.dds
effect =

Most MP 3 entities do not have the texture behind the equal sign so you would have to search which texture is uses and fill in the blanks.The second problem is that some FPE files still reflects to the old texture format so this needs to be updated as well to *.*dds

Once you have done this entities segments alike will work in X10 to some extent there are under problems like wall not appearing in the correct position.So you need to open up the FPS files found in the segment folder and edit the problem directly.if the wall is to high lower the position.you will have to play around with the settings till you get it right if you do not wish to do so download TGC FPS segment creator.Load the segment and lower the wall the floor or whatever is the problem a bit and save.If is still doesn't work you can load one of the segments that uses the same meshes and works correctly and apply the correct textures and save be careful not to save over the segment that you import but replace the offending segment.Don't forget to add the ..FPS at the end.
Another problem is that the entity is not correctly scaled so you need to open up the FPE file and adjust the scaling a bit till you get the right size.You can also edit the position of the entity if it doesn't display correctly.

Some weapons refer to FPI files that make them work correctly like mp 6 guns so you need to open up the gun FPE file and point the files to the correct location of the weapons and ammo FPI files.

Some entities like guns have problems with textures not displaying correctly.Right now there is no known fix for it unless you know how to reapply the textures as well as keeping the animation frames.

Pointless Assault video
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 07:10
That is actually fairly easy.
Quote: "Most MP 3 entities do not have the texture behind the equal sign so you would have to search which texture is uses and fill in the blanks.The second problem is that some FPE files still reflects to the old texture format so this needs to be updated as well to *.*dds"

That's all we have to do to fix it? Wow. And people were complaining... Now I'm off (just downloaded MP3 again). I really haven't messed around with X10 too much, but seeing as it has a builtin recorder, I'm going to make my cutscenes/trailers in it instead of recording in X9.

Gunn3r Games
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 10:24
Quote: "I'm going to make my cutscenes/trailers in it instead of recording in X9."
Well do your self a favour download softimage XSI mod tool 4.2 with the x importer.It will import X models with animations all you have to do is build the section of the level you want the cut scene in, apply shaders add event scripts add waypoints for you hero and bad guys and your done....

Pointless Assault video
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 18:22
Ah. Good idea, WoI. Thanks for the tip.

Gunn3r Games
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 20:30
Is TGC the ones working on the model packs or is it the users that made them

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 11:41
Wanna get some more info when the m-packs will be updated ?to X-10
well ive been waiting for some action in ca 10 month!
Ive paid for that stuff! and was promise them updated in the near future!!!! well that future have past already!
And when i read the game creators news it dont say anything about fpsc x-10 WHY???
R
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 12:17
Guess what...it's Troll Slapping Day and you're the big winner!
I told you to quit this crap.
If you have any issues with the model packs contact customer service.
Nobody wants to put up with your posts.We all have to wait our turn.You're just making things worse for yourself and the rest of us.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:47:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:47:34