Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC X10 Applying Normal / Specular Map To Segments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 19:29 Edited at: 14th Feb 2008 18:22
Well I have tried to create a segment with the normal maps and everything following all the instructions in these post. I replaced the wall2_01_N.DDS with one I created and I see it fine, with the updated normal mapping.

When I go to create my own it says it made it fine, however I have noticed that the segment is white in the editor. I also edited the fps file, I simply copied the alien.fps and changed it to what I needed.

Sample of the code below. It is really frustrating. Please some help on this.

plus more code

~James

Phoenix Sentry Programmer & CoFounder
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 23:18
Just wanted to know if I did something wrong here. I included the code from the FPS file for review.

Thanks in advance.
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 18:22
Has anyone seen this since I was modded first and hte thread has not moved.

~James

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 19:52
I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
I've had great success with copying and editing the fpe files and using my own textures.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 19:58
That would be great if you could let me know. I followed all the instructions down to a T and still no luck.

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Master Suite (W/Nvidia Plugin), Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

If I replace a Texture in an already built segment it works fine but if I take the FPS and edit and rename it to somethign else I get teh invisable or White Segement.

~James

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 20:09
Off the top of my head it sounds like a directory issue.
Are you keeping the fpe in the same directory as the original?
And are you putting your textures in the same directory as the stock textures? Are the textures showing up in the map editor and not during test? Or are they missing in both?

Usually things go white when fpsc can't find the texture.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 16:50
@ Uthink - You ever get to the issue?

~James

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 17:46 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 17:47
Here are some steps to try. This works for me and should for you as well. Hopefully I don't forget something. I'm at work so I'm going from memory.

1. Create your _D, _N, and _S textures. Make 3 copies of each and using the naming convention texturename_01_D.DDS So you should have 9 files.
mytexture_01_D.dds
mytexture_01_N.dds
mytexture_01_S.dds
mytexture_02_D.dds
mytexture_02_N.dds
mytexture_02_S.dds
mytexture_03_D.dds
mytexture_03_N.dds
mytexture_03_S.dds

2. Copy these textures to texturecommonwalls

3. Go to segmentcommonrooms

4. Make a copy of one of the fpe files and rename it. So take circuitroom.fpe and save a copy as myroom.fpe

5. Edit myroom.fpe and change the texture names to your texture names. So wall_01_D.tga becomes mytexture_01_D.tga (I leave the .tga FPSC knows to get a .dds file even if you say .tga) Also, double-check to make sure that you put your texture files in the same directory that the fpe shows.

6. Don't forget to create a .bmp file and save it in the same directory as the fpe. I think the bmp is 64x64 pixels.

That should do it. Start up X10 and go to Segments and you should see myroom in the commonrooms directory. Please note that I'm going from memory on the directory structure, so it may be a little different. But this should get you a room segment with your own textures. If it doesn't work, email me your files and I'll look at them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 08:04:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 08:04:45