Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Store Discussion Thread

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:15 Edited at: 9th May 2008 17:16
Not sure if TGC will make an official thread or whether they don't want any thread at all (in that case please delete this thread) but I thought it might be a good idea for those testing the store to have a common place to discuss errors / suggestions / etc. instead of everyone emailing the same thing. I'll start

1. Perhaps showing exactly where you are in the store could be displayed in the title bar?

2. In TGC -> Scenery -> Doors, you have a 'Door Shutter' the description describes two versions. One that doesn't open and one that "swings outward". Shouldn't a shutter door roll up / down?

3. 'Next object / Previous object' in preview window. When they get to the last object of a section they're browsing, clicking 'next object' (for example) could move on to the next object in the list. Example: the player is browsing 'BeFun -> Indoor -> Fantasia', in which there are 4 objects, when on the last object and clicking next, the preview will move on to 'BeFun -> Outdoor -> DesertStormA'. This way the user can browse through the entire shop by just clicking the 'next object' button instead of moving to the list all the time.

4. Will we be able to tell The Store which models we already have purchased separately so as to not accidentally purchase them again?

5. The revision number says 'V1.07'.

6. When using a selection box to select more than one model for purchase, the buy button isn't highlighted.

7. If you have a model(s) in the cart, close down the shop, reopen it, the number in "Cart:" will say '0'.

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:19
Quote: "4. Will we be able to tell The Store which models we already have purchased separately so as to not accidentally purchase them again?"
'

If you have purchased something and you dubble cklick on it ..
There is no Buy button enymore but download..
So there is already..

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:24
I meant if it has been purchased outside of the shop as I see there are is lot of stuff from various model packs.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:35
I see your point Nickydude, but for now it doesnt work. Some of the creators of the packs tells where from the model are if it has allready been released.

And about 5. I got the same "problem", I dont actually know if it is just a displayerror or if it actually went back to 1.07

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:49
8. A link in the tree view down the left hand side ["Home","Search Results",...] saying "Purchased" so we can see all that we've purchased in one window.

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:49
No way

You overwrite a text file that is editted for TGC store..
If you open that textfile in the engish languagebank..
Thank you can see that :

If you write V1.09 than its ok..

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 20:01 Edited at: 9th May 2008 20:25
One thing that might be useful is that when FPSC is closed your logged out, it would useful if it kept you logged in when you opened up the FPSC store. Apart from that I think TGC have done a great job and the store is great and very useful

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 20:25
You can do so by clicking Preferences (where you choose texture quality etc) and the tick save username, enter your username and it will save. The same with password.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 20:26
Oh, thanks!

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2008 21:04 Edited at: 9th May 2008 21:08
so far its alsome but when you login then close FPSC it logs you out.Other then that is grate.i think that is just a safty thing

I love how you download it an it puts in in the folders for you
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 21:11
All my item icons (thumbnails) are solid black.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 21:18 Edited at: 9th May 2008 21:24
Quote: "so far its alsome but when you login then close FPSC it logs you out"

Look at file and performance..

Than look at my screeny (fill in)

Than when you click on login..
You will be automatic on your acount..

Sorry for my english..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2008 21:18
ya Conjured Entertainment it did that on my 1st login but when i closed the store then FPSC then opened FPSC back up then the store it stoped
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2008 21:22 Edited at: 9th May 2008 21:23
thanx so much Dark Jaguar Flame i didnt see that now i do ty

Oh oh i see something i likey the auto update =)
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 23:39
This is very good. It really simplifies getting the models you want. I like the fact there is also a free models section as well, so the store can be used to download free items that a lot of modellers create to give away (thanks to the ones who do).

Installing the models in position is a great help for a lot of people, so much better than trying to make sure all files are in the right place manually.

All in all I like the store and how it works. So far the only down side for me is the information bar at the bottom of the screen, it looks a little messy (I don't know why it just seems it to me). But that I can live with considering the benefits.

I would be happy to purchase models using this store, whereas I've been reluctant to do so before.

So far I have had no problems using winXP sp3, FPSC v1.09 beta 9 (latest version)

Although I finally had to succomb to installing IE7 as it tells you it displays better, (I don't like IE version 7).
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 00:03
I've had no problems, so far... It all seems to be working really well for me... I like how you can rate the models you download and how it displays 'top rated' etc. on the Home screen...

I agree with Nickydude regarding the use of the next button..

@Conjured Entertainment
Should I be able to see your items in the store as I can't see any Conjured Entertainment in the list, or are you using a different username or are yours not uploaded for everyone else yet?

[center]
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:26 Edited at: 10th May 2008 01:27
What about a gift feature? So people can either send Points or a model to someone who's birthday is coming up, or as a thanks for certain services(No, not those services...)?

and a Report Broken Object button? that might help modelers track down bugs in their models easier.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:43
When I download Bond1's character models I get a pop-up dialog that says 'License Download Failed. Invalid login, please login again.' so I click ok and then I get the normal 'download successful' message... The model is downloaded and can be used just fine... I will email Paul with screenshots... Has anyone else had this?

[center]
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:46
Good to see this thread.

1. Is done in the latest build!
2. Will be edited.
3. Maybe in a later version.
4. Store shows you what you have purchased. Model pack objects are marked in the text field. For now, buyer beware! Choose carefully what you want.
5. Next week we will see an early BETA of the full FPSC upgrade installer. This will solve the V1.7 issue.
6. Buy button was designed for one item purchasing. Just right click and add to cart.
7. Fixed in latest ver.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:48
Quote: "ya Conjured Entertainment it did that on my 1st login but when i closed the store then FPSC then opened FPSC back up then the store it stoped "

My problem was simple...I had a brain fart.
I had set my color back to 16bit the other day/week/month (i forget), anyway I had forgot to set them back to 32 bit.
So, mine was a sure fire case of user error. (or old age)

I just hope that Paul and Rick are not mad at me for wasting there time with this.

Sincerest appollogies fellas.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 01:48
Thraxas - are you in Vista?

Do people know that each model comes with a license agreement. Access them from the FPSC Help menu and "View Item Licenses" option.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 02:51 Edited at: 10th May 2008 03:26
Nevermind, I thought I had a bug, but it was user error again.

I made 11 purchases at once and everything went great.

Quote: "Should I be able to see your items in the store as I can't see any Conjured Entertainment in the list, or are you using a different username or are yours not uploaded for everyone else yet?"

I have not uploaded anything YET.
I didn't see it either but I hope it shows up when I upload.

@Rick
I noticed an FPK (First Person Keywords) file in each object folder that was downloaded.
Isn't that something for the server's end, or do we need a local copy of that file in the download for some reason?

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 04:14
I'm having trouble, i've downloaded everything needed so what do I do next? How do I get the shop open?
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 10th May 2008 04:20 Edited at: 10th May 2008 04:22
@Kerrby
when your done downloading an every thing just hit the same Stor buton agen an you will be back in the store

Your download files will be in your Entities bank or segments bank
You will see a file called purchased

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 05:02
Quote: "@Kerrby
when your done downloading an every thing just hit the same Stor buton agen an you will be back in the store

Your download files will be in your Entities bank or segments bank
You will see a file called purchased"

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound like an idiot but where's this store button? I went to the login place and downloaded the pack, I downloaded V1.9 BETA9, what must I do next. I can't find this store area.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 05:06 Edited at: 10th May 2008 05:11
Install the files per instructions and then start your editor.

The Store Button is located in the editor just below the Libraries (Entities/Segments/Prefabs/Markers)

Or, you can hit the link provided in the HELP section of the File Menu.

You have to open FPSC in order to open the Store. (The Store is built into FPSC)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 06:58
I love the store. It's pretty nice looking and runs well (rare for a TGC app, eh? ). I've already managed to spend all but 15 of my points - the fantasy/medeivl stuff was just too awesome to stay away from! I'll definetly be getting some more points (and model pack 18 from the main website while I'm at it, just been waiting for segments for it).

I like the weird dino and yeti guys too, lol. I got 2 of Bond's weapons, two of his characters (male and female peasant, since they aren't in mp 18), some little fantasy entities, all of the medevil segments I found under TGC, and some other things. I was gonna get Bond's shroudling character but decided I wasn't goning to be using it anytime soon.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 07:35 Edited at: 10th May 2008 07:37
Quote: "Thraxas - are you in Vista?

Do people know that each model comes with a license agreement. Access them from the FPSC Help menu and "View Item Licenses" option.
"

No XP Home...

It has only happened when downloading Bond1's characters... the other things I have downloaded haven't given this message... As I said they did download and I am able to use them.

I didn't know that about the licenses... it's pretty cool

[center]
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 08:30
Double Post....

I now have the newer version from the second email and I get the Invalid Login message from every download followed by the download successful message...

[center]
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 08:44
I have installed the updated version of the store and have one more piece of feedback:

It should be possible to set 'Items per page' in the settings and save this. Right now I have to set it higher every time I open the store.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 09:43 Edited at: 10th May 2008 09:54
Quote: "It should be possible to set 'Items per page' in the settings and save this. Right now I have to set it higher every time I open the store. "

Yes, thats quite annoying...

But anything else is fixed for now, No more odd display errors, which makes it look more Sleek.

It would be usefull if the server had a flag for the objects like "IsInModelPack=XX", so the client can check the users Registry and tell if you already have the object from a modelpack.

Or offcourse, when you want to buy an item, you must FIRST agree to its lisence, kindof like an installer, show the lisence agreement, then press I accept or I decline.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 09:56
If testers want to buy extra points then they can. Just make sure you use paypal for now because Worldpay is not fully setup. Report any issues if you see any via this process.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 13:37
I've now installed the newer version, I have no problems, everything works fine regarding the store. I did switch the fpsc upgrade on (look for newer version on startup), and it does alert you to a new version, but when you allow it to check it shows there is no newer version. I have now switched that off as Rick posted it will be tested next week.

So far no problems.

Do we need to send emails while beta testing, or continue to use this thread?
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 13:59
When I select an item and check its details, I can move along the items adding any to the cart. When I come out of the details, the item I first selected is still highlighted and the buy button is available to buy that item. There is a check, if you press the buy button so you can cancel if you meant to buy the cart, but I would have liked to have seen the buy button change to buy cart.

To buy the items in the cart You have to click the cart text (top left). The text does seem a little small. Also, when you do click the cart text, it shows the items, but there is no remove item from cart button, you have to use the right mouse to access it. something that a lot of users may not find.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 16:32
Quote: "If testers want to buy extra points then they can. Just make sure you use paypal for now because Worldpay is not fully setup. Report any issues if you see any via this process.

Rick
"

Already did so
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 17:29
Only send email reports if you find problems. Screen shots of the problem(s) is also helpful to us.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Candle wick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 17:56
When I try to purchase more points for the store via paypal, it just redirects me to the paypal homepage. Anyone know why this happens?
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:06
Well this was in an e-mail but I'll post too.
How about adding a search feature that looks for Points/Rating/Downloads.
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:14
Rick, i have send you emails..
But you dont reply, have you recieved it?
If you reply i know you recieved it

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:30
Quote: "When I try to purchase more points for the store via paypal, it just redirects me to the paypal homepage. Anyone know why this happens?"

You have to have a PayPal account. You then need to login in order to make the purchase. If you do not have an account with PayPal you will need to set one up. I have been using PayPal for quite sometime now and it is a very safe way to handle money transactions.
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:31
To be able to work on a level then enter the store with one click select an item and buy (auto installed) return to your work and start using the item immediately is very good. Got to give this 5 stars.
Candle wick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:36
I have a paypal account, when I try to use the buy points link it just logs me out of paypal and redirects to the homepage.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 18:50 Edited at: 10th May 2008 18:51
Quote: "When I select an item and check its details, I can move along the items adding any to the cart. When I come out of the details, the item I first selected is still highlighted and the buy button is available to buy that item. There is a check, if you press the buy button so you can cancel if you meant to buy the cart, but I would have liked to have seen the buy button change to buy cart."

If you happen to buy the single item by clicking on the Buy Button, then it will delete that particular object that's in the shopping cart. Although it is somewhat confusing at first, I like the ability to go ahead and purchase a single item so easily. Once you get to know the routine, it is not difficult at all. Every GUI has its own ways of doing things. Maybe they can have a short tutorial on how to use the Store available.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 19:09 Edited at: 10th May 2008 19:12
and even if it remains in your cart, you won't be charged for it.

EDIT : Hmm, I like the Lisences
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 19:24 Edited at: 10th May 2008 19:27
Quote: "and even if it remains in your cart, you won't be charged for it."

But it doesn't remain in the cart any longer if it were purchased as a single item. That was fixed in the current version so that is a moot point.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 19:26 Edited at: 10th May 2008 19:28
Sorry for posting twice, I had just seen this and wanted to respond and didn't think to edit my previous post.

Quote: "I have a paypal account, when I try to use the buy points link it just logs me out of paypal and redirects to the homepage."

Well, I have no problem so I don't know what to say except that it sounds like a PayPal issue rather than the TGC Store.
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 20:02
Quote: "If you happen to buy the single item by clicking on the Buy Button, then it will delete that particular object that's in the shopping cart. Although it is somewhat confusing at first, I like the ability to go ahead and purchase a single item so easily. Once you get to know the routine, it is not difficult at all. Every GUI has its own ways of doing things. Maybe they can have a short tutorial on how to use the Store available. "

I did realise this, it just seems strange to have a cart and include single item buying at the same time. I would prefer to have a cart only then a checkout - works with single and multiple items and no confusion, or for the single item buy button to change to a cart buy button when using the cart.

Removing items from the cart can be done by right clicking an item or selecting the item (double click) then removing from the cart in the details. removing from the details does remove the item and its information, but leaves the image in the cart, selecting another area in the store and returning to the cart removes the image. I would like to see a remove item from cart button in the bottom right when a cart item is highlighted (just my preference).
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 20:13
Quote: "and even if it remains in your cart, you won't be charged for it.
"

I was pointing this out because I didn't put the item in the cart, it was just the item I started viewing with in the details box, then when I had finished selecting items for the cart I closed the details box and clicked buy, I then got the message do I want to buy the item. So the check to see if I wanted to buy was helpful in preventing me buying an item I didn't want, but I expected the buy button to mean buy cart, I had to select the cart in the top left to buy the selected items. Changing the buy button to buy cart when you place an item in the cart would be my preference.

I would have edited my last post to include this, but I'm still waiting for it to be validated.
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:30 Edited at: 11th May 2008 01:32
The old version worked fine for me. Now in the new version, I got an error whenever I build a game. I uninstalled and reinstalled with only the beta and the newest store and FPSC will not even start without giving me an error.

EDIT: I am running vista, would that have anything to do with my issues. I can install it on another one of my XP computers if it might help.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:34
every thing is all good on my end but one thing
Some times when i save my map it frezzes right after its done saveing.same for build game it frezzes right after its done building.but other then that its all good

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:19