Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FPSC Cash System ... by Conjured Entertainment ... Cost = FREE!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 04:38
Would this work in multiplayer?

maikyy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 12:13
hey isn't it possible to place the scripts of the paintings in just six other entity's? or wouldn't that work?

sorry for my bad english (i am dutch)
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 01:07
Quote: "hey isn't it possible to place the scripts of the paintings in just six other entity's? or wouldn't that work?"

Sure, the paintings are only placeholders for the scripts.
Any entities should work as long as they are dynamic and invulnerable.

Quote: "Would this work in multiplayer?"

I don't think so since you can't place dynamic entities except health and ammo.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 02:20
You can. They just have to be immobile, you place them in SP mode, then switch over to MP mode.......

Et voila! They don't move but still run scripts....

Sound studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 13:05
What program would I need if I wanted to change the hud pics so that when you go over to say a MSG90 Sniper rifle it will show the correct picture
smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
question:
will this work with fpscx10 (just wondering)

when the world seems to be against you it always helps to smile
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 15:54 Edited at: 7th Nov 2008 15:55
No, it will not work for X10.

actionlad 45
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering, do i have to put the paintings in every level, and since im not a good coder is there a pack that you have made where i can download code and huds for different guns
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2008 05:54 Edited at: 19th Dec 2008 06:19
Quote: "What program would I need if I wanted to change the hud pics so that when you go over to say a MSG90 Sniper rifle it will show the correct picture "

I'm sorry Sound Studios, I somehow overlooked your question the last time I was here posting.

You can use any Paint program (I use Paint.NET)to create your HUDs for your weapons and then you need a script as well.
You can modify the script example included to suit your weapon.

Quote: "I was wondering, do i have to put the paintings in every level"

If the level uses the cash system, then yes.
If it doesn't use money for that level, then no.
You can always make them invisible or place them in a small room that offers no access for the player then they won't see them.
Or, you could use different entities instead of the paintings.
Any entity will do as long as it is invulnerable (Strength=0), immobile (IsImmobile=Yes), dynamic (Static Mode=No), and the Always Active is set to Yes.

Quote: "and since im not a good coder is there a pack that you have made where i can download code and huds for different guns "

No, but I guess I could expand on this for some of the stock weapons.
I didn't think my HUDs were good enough for people to want more, since they are so simple in design.
I just made a multiple timer script, and then made an example using it in the "advanced door timer" thread.
And I have been looking at a few tutorials for my paint program in the last few days.
I created a space scene and a sphere resembling Earth for the background image of one of my websites.
Another thing I have been playing with are flames and other basic stuff. (like my new sig)
So, maybe I can make the HUDs look a little better now that I have learned a few effect tricks.

So, any images of similar HUDs that I could emulate would be nice if you want a style different than the one I used.

Would other people be interested in a HUD pack for some of the stock weapons?

Another question would be; which weapons would you guys like in the pack?

actionlad 45
Years of Service
User Offline
i was hoping you could make some huds for model pack 9, because i am using that pack primarily for the weapons in my game, and since i am not good at making huds at all.... i think yours are perfect for my game

Thanks...
joppeking
Years of Service
User Offline
You are the best CE!

If You Never Try You Will Never Fail!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 19:01 Edited at: 8th Jan 2009 22:49
Quote: "You are the best CE!"

Gee thanks

Quote: "I guess I could expand on this for some of the stock weapons."

Sorry guys, but I had to reformat my hard drive.
I did not have a recent backup, which is my own fault.
Anyway, I need to start all over again.
So, I will make this hud pack expansion based on stock weapons first, since I will have a fresh build.
Then, I will install Model Pack 9 and do those too.
Then I will do the weapons for the other model packs that I have purchased.
I will release each hud pack separately.
Just thought I would give you this update about my setback before you thought I had forgot about your request.
I'm off to reinstall FPSC now.

Laters

....I'm back.

Here is a slightly different version than before.
I change the text and background colors for the caption so it wouldn't bleed as bad as the old one.
I left the price of the gun off so everyone can add their own prices. (just make sure to edit the scripts to match)

If these commando examples look okay to you guys then I will start on the other stock weapons using the same style.

PS
The background around the weapon is semi-transparent. (looks better in game than in forum)

Edit
Okay, since nobody wanted to comment on the commando huds, I decided to move forward with the rest of the weapons...

That finishes the HUDs for the Modern Day Stock Weapons.
Tomorrow I will ZIP all of the DDS versions of the images together for easy download.
Then I will get started on the HUDs for the SciFi Stock Weapons.
Then I'll do the WW2 and then model pack 9 after that, so hang on because the HUDs are coming.

EDIT

Here are the Cash System HUDs for the stock SciFi weapons.
I decided to zip all of the stock DDS files together instead of each packaging each section separately.
So, I will do the ZIP after the WW2 huds are done.
You can right click any of these png images and select Save Picture As... to save them if you don't want to wait for the ZIP.
Then, you can edit the prices and convert to DDS at the same time with your favorite paint program.

You know, it never really sunk in until just now how great these weapons are and how fortunate we were that TGC included them in the boxed product.
When I think of all the other items, then I appreciate it even more.
Thanks again TGC!

WW2 HUDs on the way...

EDIT

Here are the Cash System HUDs for the stock WW2 weapons.

That does it for the stock weapons.
I will put the ZIP up of the DDS files shortly.
MP9 HUDs coming next...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 22:52 Edited at: 8th Jan 2009 23:14

Here are the FPSC Cash System HUDs for the Stock Weapons. ( DDS format >< ZIP )

I suggest keeping them all in the same folder so editing the scripts for them will be easier...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dudemanking
Years of Service
User Offline
wow.... that is nice

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Me=yes yes.You=no no.So BACK OFF!!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 23:00 Edited at: 8th Jan 2009 23:02
Thanks Dudemanking.

I'm sure ActionLad has made his own HUDs by now, since it took me so long to get the time to do this.
Anyway, I am having modem issues now, so I need to work that out in the morning, but afterwards I'll start on the HUDs for the Model Packs.
I'll put them in the same user folder but I will make subfolders for each pack so it doesn't get cluttered.

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
So we download it install it then will all weapons work or just the ones youve made it for because I would love model pack 5 and 10 done thanks.

Thanks to all FPSC forumers and the staff from The Game Creators for making the software!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 19:50 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 20:09
Quote: "So we download it install it then will all weapons work or just the ones youve made it for"

Yes.
Download it, install it, and get the example included in the first zip working first.

Then you will need to add the other huds in the other download, and then create scripts for each weapon.

That is where you guys have to put forth a little effort.
Each weapon requires its own unique script to display the proper huds and handle the purchase for the right amount.
I gave you another script example for the ak47 in the first download, so you can see what changes need to be made.

I might get around to providing the scripts as well, but that is not a priority since I would rather you learn to modify scripts on your own.

Quote: "I would love model pack 5 and 10 done thanks"

I might start at the lower numbers and work my way up since I do not know if he still needs the MP9 HUDs.
So the order would be ...
1) Model Pack   5 ... 16 weapons
2) Model Pack   6 ... 16 weapons
3) Model Pack   9 ... 15 weapons
4) Model Pack 10 ... 15 weapons

That is 62 weapons in all, so that will be a lot of scripts. (plus another 18 for the stock weapons = 80 weapon scripts total)

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Conjurd i have started doing model pack 9 huds&scripts and i am almost done. I have know problem with releasing them but the 1 thing is that i'm making them for my game so the huds already have prices that i thought were good for my game. The prices are lower then your example but if the people don't like the prices i'm sure they could fix the with some tunning.

Anyways get back to me and tell me if you want them.

]
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Conjured

Just installed your cash system and it works great, but is there anyway to carry money through different levels? At the moment money is reduced to 0 at the start of each new level - either way it's great! Many thanks!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
he conjurd i finished them just tell me if you want them.

]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 20:04 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 20:37
Quote: "Hi Conjured

Just installed your cash system and it works great, but is there anyway to carry money through different levels? At the moment money is reduced to 0 at the start of each new level - either way it's great! Many thanks! "

hmmm
It seems that the global variable values are not carried over from one level to the next. (I thought they were)
Oh well, that would make a nice feature creep I guess.

Quote: "he conjurd i finished them just tell me if you want them."

If you want to ZIP them up and post them here, then that is up to you.
I am sure someone can use them and will be grateful, and that is less I have to do.
So, yes.
Thanks

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hmmm
It is based off of a global variable so it should be saving it.
Maybe we need a save point before advancing to the next level.

Let me do some testing...

By the way...which version of FPSC are you using?
I am running V114 at the moment, so my testing will be limited to that."

Hi Conjoured, I am running v. 1.13 at the moment. I am away from my main PC at the moment but I will try adding save points when I get home at the end of the week
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 20:48 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 21:29
You can edit all of that out if you want.
I thought the global variables were carried over from level to level, but I was wrong.

Quote: "

...is there anyway to carry money through different levels? At the moment money is reduced to 0 at the start of each new level ...

"

No, we cannot currently carry the value from one level to the next.

Here is a simple work around to this problem.
Since we cannot hold the value between levels, then we need to create a reason as to why the user is broke at the start of each level.

Make a HUD prompt for the user before they enter their winzone.
This would ask them if they wanted to purchase their portal/ticket to the next level.
Then they have a reason to be broke at the start of every level.
If they don't buy the ticket then they don't get access to the winzone and are stuck there.
The ticket is meaningless and you don't need it to do anything other then give access to the winzone since the variable will be set to zero anyway.
It could be a key or any other object (mythical) that they might need to advance, but it appears to cost every dollar they have.
You don't even need to read the amount prior, because one hud saying "this items costs all of your money" would work for any amount.
Each level could have a different item to buy or gate keeper to bribe. (the scenerios I leave to your imagination and existing story lines)

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
CE - already ahead of you - your money system is already used to by keys needed to exit levels. And since I am designing a vaguely educational title based on the early american frontier going broke actully works quite well! Thanks so much for this, it's great!
Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this still bieng worked on?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 02:35 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 02:41
Quote: "CE - already ahead of you - your money system is already used to by keys needed to exit levels. And since I am designing a vaguely educational title based on the early american frontier going broke actully works quite well! Thanks so much for this, it's great! "

You are very welcome, and I'm glad you like it.
I guess great minds do think alike

Quote: "Is this still bieng worked on?"

What do you mean?
It's been fully functional since the start.

If you mean am I still making more HUDs or Weapon Pickup Scripts, then; No, not at the moment, but maybe soon.

I made HUDs for all of the stock weapons, and I haven't had the free time to make the others for the model packs.

You really have everything you need to get started right away except all of the stock weapon pickup scripts, but you can make those yourself.
I gave the two weapon examples (mp40 & ak47) so that everyone could see what changes need to be made.
I will probably make the other pickup scripts for the stock weapons, but you will still need to edit them for your prices.
So simply put; you guys have to do some of the work yourself if you want any kind of customization at all.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 03:20 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 03:20
These are great conjured, Thanks bro.

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Conjured

I've a question about how far your scripts can be modified (if at all) to create other variables. My idea is not include trading stages and I'd like to be able to shoot something - such as an animal - to gain something meat, or a hide. I would then like to be able to go to a store and sell the meat/hides to gain money. The reason I don't want to just use the destroy100 script is I would like two or more stores at either end of the level that have different economies - for example one buys meat/hides cheap, the other will pay more money for them. In theory I would like it if you could buy items from one vendor (incrementing the meat/hide) variable and sell them at a profit to a different vendor.

Unfortunately I am no scripter - at best I can take functions provided by some custom scripts and cut them together to do what I want but other than that I am not very good. I would look at your scripts but there are six of them running and I've not a clue where to start! So, can additional variable like "cash" be created that run at the same time, and can a "sell" funtion be added with relative ease to your system?

Hope this isn't too much trouble asking you all this
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 05:43 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 06:17
Quote: "I would look at your scripts but there are six of them running and I've not a clue where to start! "

Well, you start by not modifying those six scripts!

I mean you are welcome to do so, but I would not advise that.

You see, those six scripts count your cash (that global variable) and then displays the value.
So, there would never be any need to modify those scripts because that function of counting and displaying will always be the same.
You could go in and change the huds of course to your custom ones.

Quote: "The reason I don't want to just use the destroy100 script is I would like two or more stores at either end of the level that have different economies "

What you are talking about is a separate script to keep track of an item or several items like the meat and hides. (inventory display)
Each item is represented and kept count by a different global variable.
By reading that variable we know how many of that item that we have.
To add the item to the players inventory, then we increment the variable.
The destroy script works great for the meat and hides because each animal can have a different one. (bears give more than squirrels)
The dealer script does this too and also decrements the cash variable in the trade as well accordingly. (That is, if he were selling the item)
The dealer would decrement that variable from their inventory and increment the cash variable when buying the item from the player.
Each dealer has his own script so he/she sells and buys for different amounts because they decrement the cash variable differently.

That is the beauty of the cash system...it's expandable without changing the six scripts, because they are only the cash display.
Your other scripts like the weapon pickup or your store scripts actually change the variable.

Quote: "Hope this isn't too much trouble asking you all this"

Not at all, ask away.
I know that those six scripts are confusing, and I only broke them into parts because of the 150 line limit for scripts.
So, they are a bit hard to follow for a beginner, and that is more reason not to try and change them.

I may write a few store script examples for people to edit and get ideas from, but I need to do the pickups for the stock weapons first.

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah i didnt read the whole page, I have a question about this, is there a way to modify the death script to give the player so much money? like wen I kill somthing the engine gives me X amount of cash?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Conjured - thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. If I wanted to add in a new variable would I create six new entites (like your paintings) with slightly modded versions of the scripts running (i.e. to display the new variable along side where cash is displayed in the HUD? I think once I have the new hides variable created I'll be able to create the sell script 'easily' enough it's just getting that variable into existence! Again, many thanks
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh yeah i didnt read the whole page, I have a question about this, is there a way to modify the death script to give the player so much money? like wen I kill somthing the engine gives me X amount of cash? "

Just go into the script bank of the character you want to give you money and in the destroy AI field use the destroy100 script in the Conjured folder. This will give you $100 for every enemy you kill (with this script in their destroy field). If you open the script you change the amount of money awarded per kill - then all you need to do is update the HUD file that shows how much you made (i.e. change it from showing $100 to whatever you want)
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 18:02 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 18:38
@Maniac Modeler

He answered that before I saw your post.
He is right; I included that destroy script as an example for creating such an effect.
You can make different ones for different amounts and then assign them accordingly.

So, as an example, here is the script included with the parts that need to be changed in bold....

;Artificial Intelligence Script by Conjured Entertainment

;Header

desc = Add 100 Cash Then Destroy

;Triggers

:state=0:settargetname=cs1,state=1
:state=1:plrsound=$0,globalvar=1,incvar=100,activatetarget=13,state=2
:state=2:state=3,destroy

;End of Script

"

So if you wanted $3,687 cash for killing something then you would make it like so...

;Artificial Intelligence Script by Conjured Entertainment

;Header

desc = Add 3687 Cash Then Destroy

;Triggers

:state=0:settargetname=cs1,state=1
:state=1:plrsound=$0,globalvar=1,incvar=3687,activatetarget=13,state=2
:state=2:state=3,destroy

;End of Script

"

Now save that as destroy3687.fpi and then assign it to the entities destroy script.
It is that easy.

Quote: "then all you need to do is update the HUD file that shows how much you made "

I used a HUD in the pickup scripts ( pickupcash1k.fpi, etc), but I did not even use one for the destroy script.
You could add one in easy enough though, and you can look at the pick up scripts for an example.

Quote: "If I wanted to add in a new variable would I create six new entites (like your paintings) with slightly modded versions of the scripts running (i.e. to display the new variable along side where cash is displayed in the HUD? "

You could, but you don't need all six scripts unless you want to display six digits.
Since your hides and furs will probably be limited to what a person could carry, then two digits would probably suffice.

You see the first three of the six scripts break down the variable.
Each scripts determines the value of two digits then it moves to the next script.
So, after going through the 3 scripts we have determined each of the six digits values.
I needed each digits value because the numerals are only 0-9, so that way the same ten images will work for whatever number of digits you need.

The last three scripts simple apply the value back to the variable so we end up back at our original value.
So, if you needed a four digit number for the hides, etc, then you could work out a 4 script system that would be compatiblle with the same numerals used for the cash display.
Two script to read the value and two scripts to restore it.

Now, lets take that a step further, and look at a value of only two digits like 0-99.
That would be even easier and managable in a single script because we wouldn't need to break the number down.
We could simply have 100 lines of a single state that would read the exact value and display the right two huds.
However that script would be pushing the line limit, but I think it could be squeezed in.
My multiple timer system uses a two digit display with a single script because that example limits the value to 0-30.

I think the two digit system would work for your hide/meat project, because the player can't carry but so many around anyway.
That way they would be forced to make the trip to sell every now and then. (when their pack is full (99))
The variable could hold higher values but the display would be capped at 99.
So if they had 105 hides, then they would have to sell at least 7 of them to see the counter drop below 99.
You could of course limit this in the pickup script for the hides/meat by not allowing a pickup if the value is greater than 98.

I recommend making most items for player inventory to be double digits with a single script.
If you cap them at 50 instead of 99 for less line count, then two items could be displayed with one script using the straight forward technique.
Lower limits on the item number allowable enables even more items displayed with each script, and that way you won't get too many scripts running just to display values.
When you consider that 4 or more different items can be done with four scripts when using double digits, then it sounds better than having 4 scripts for one item that has 4 digits.

Hope that helps

Edit
Also, plan ahead.
I was so excited to finally have the variables in FPI that I started right away on my cash system. (I had been waiting for those variables)
The mistake I made was not planning the use of my global variables better.
I should have used higher numbers so the variables would not conflict with other scripts.
That is why I opted to use global variables 70-75 for the multiple timers script.
So, it isn't a bad idea to make a list of the global variables that you want to use for your projects ahead of time to avoid conflicts later.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi CE - thanks fot detailed response! I'll hopefully give it a try this weekend and will let you know if I am successful! Many thanks!
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks for this, I use FPSC just for making adventure/ puzzle games and this will make a great extra level feature. I now just have to learn how to script!!
Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hope that helps
"

Thanks so much for that in depth response
this is a great system, very nice work!

Kum Zlatko
Years of Service
User Offline
i m really grateful for this.THNX Conjured Entertainment
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Conjured

I have been working at adding in new variables (got that figured out now) but am struggling to implement a "Sell" system that would allow a player to gain money by trading some of the new variable. To create by "sell" script I used your Buy MP40 script as a template - though this allows me to increase or decrease the cash variable it will not alter the new variable at the same time. Here is the code I've been using:

As you can see, right at the end I try to get the script to call up var1 (my new variable that sits along side the cash) but this appears not to work at all (though the cash value does increase). Can you see a way to fix this script to allow both variables to work in tandem? Many thanks
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 02:41 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 03:13
@ Maniac Modeler & Kum Zlatko
Thanks, and you are welcome.

@ chidem
You can't alter two global variables in the same state, so make another state to go to that incs the second one.
It looks as if you inc g3 then dec it in the same state?

Global variable 3???
Did you change the cash system scripts to reflect that change, because I thought that global variable 1 was for the cash???

Also.. settargetname=var1 ???
That is not the way to use the second variable.

I'm too busy to play with it now but I can see right away that your state=10 has problems.
I think I can see what you are trying to do, so I will play with this monday when I have more time to work on it.

Don't end the lines with a comma. (commas separate conditions or actions)
Itemprompt2?

Try this... (assuming gv3 is the cash not gv1 like the original cash system)

You can see that I used global variable 33 for your item.
If this is not for an item to be picked up (say its for a shopkeeper) then you can eliminate the playertake stuff.

Also, state=2 was used to verify that they had enough funds to purchase the weapon in the original script.
You still check the money (for 10?) when you should be checking to see if the gv33 (item) is at least 100 since that is the quantity that they are selling.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Conjured

Global variable 3 is my new variable (var1 is the new set of paintings running scripts for the new variable ) - I must have been pretty tired when I edited the script I posted here as I only increased/decreased one variable, etc. So presumably this would work for me:

Quote: "Also, state=2 was used to verify that they had enough funds to purchase the weapon in the original script.
You still check the money (for 10?) when you should be checking to see if the gv33 (item) is at least 100 since that is the quantity that they are selling."

That's what I meant to type in the script - gotta start playing with scripts first thing in the morning rather than last thing at night. Hopefully I'll have a play with it tonight and get it working
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 01:01
Are you sure there is no way of making the player's money transfer to the next level? Love the cash system by the way it's been really useful, thanks.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 07:18 Edited at: 27th Mar 2009 07:24
Quote: "Are you sure there is no way of making the player's money transfer to the next level?"

There is no way to currently save the global variable from level to level, but a work around may be possible.
I'm not sure if it will work (and I don't have free time right now to try), but it is an idea...
There could be a script (or set of scripts) that could generate and display a code based on the player's amount of cash.
If the map in the second level (or any other level) had a bank, then a banker script could cipher their code (PIN #) and reset their cash.
This method would have flaws though because the code would have to be very simple, and would therefore be fairly easy to crack.
That may or may not work but it's the only thing that comes to mind.
While it sounds very simple, it would be a little tricky to script if you wanted the code to at least appear complex.
That would entail a simple switch routine with every number (0-9) having 3 possible replacements.
That would all 26 letters of the alphabet, and four special characters.
Then each number would be randomly replaced with one of its three replacements.
This would generate many different codes for the same number and appear very complex to the user.
However the code would be one of the simplest codes to create/crack for an experienced hacker.
The script to revert the code back into numbers shouldn't be difficult to do.
The fact that we limit the amount to six digits make easy work of it, because the code will only contain six characters to decipher.

Quote: "Love the cash system by the way it's been really useful, thanks. "

Cool
I'm glad you found it useful.
Thanks

Earthpig_jr
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new to all of this so this might be a stupid question but how do you create or at least open up a DDS file?
Scott zombie
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the idea of banking the money to move around levels and im not really worried about people hacking it because im just building a game for my friends really. would anyone be able to look into that for me i have no experince with scripting thanks
alig96
Years of Service
User Offline
yo Conjured Entertainment i is just encountered a problem, when i try to get da dosh or use the destroy script ma money stays at zero!!!

not Happy it ain't matter but i would lyke to use dis script the vedio looks sick peace out brudda

alig

I is Lyke 2 spll
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 19:00 Edited at: 29th May 2009 19:07
Sorry I am so late posting these responses but the My Threads link showed my name as the last post, not yours.
So, I didn't realize there were posts here asking questions.
Sorry about that.

Quote: "I am new to all of this so this might be a stupid question but how do you create or at least open up a DDS file?"

You open a DDS file with any Paint program that supports the DDS format.
I use the FREE one Paint.NET because it is free and has lots of plug-ins for effects.

Quote: "I like the idea of banking the money to move around levels and im not really worried about people hacking it because im just building a game for my friends really. would anyone be able to look into that for me i have no experince with scripting thanks "

Good News:
I'll work on the Bank Pin# thingy as the next update for this system.

Bad News:
I am extremely busy now, and so far behind on some projects it's pathetic.
It will be probably two months or more before I will have time to do any FPI Scripting.

Quote: "yo Conjured Entertainment i is just encountered a problem, when i try to get da dosh or use the destroy script ma money stays at zero!!!"

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and place all the paintings in the map.
If one of the paintings is missing then the cash system won't work, because it uses all those script together in a chain to create the display for the cash.

P.S.
This system is for the stock engine.
It will NOT work if you are using Ply's Mod.
Plystire's Mod handles variables differently than the stock engine, so these scripts don't function using his mod.
I think he has a built in system for displaying variables though, so a cash system for his mod should be easy to accomplish.

KingStar
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx Dude
Earthpig_jr
Years of Service
User Offline
Conjured entertainment i edited your buying items script for use with plys mod is it ok for me to display this on a subject i made for the forum?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 21:22 Edited at: 15th Jul 2009 21:25
Quote: "Thx Dude "

No problem.
Thanks for the bump, because I forgot to check this thread and was afraid it was time locked when I thought about it last night.

Quote: "Conjured entertainment i edited your buying items script for use with plys mod is it ok for me to display this on a subject i made for the forum? "

Please, feel free to edit and redistribute any of my scripts that I put here on the forums.

I share my scripts so that beginning scripters can learn the FPI from examples, and editing existing scripts is the best way to begin learning to script.

I write all of my scripts for the stock engine, so you have to modify most of them inorder to use them with a modded engine.
I am glad to see someone editing my scripts for the mods,

Earthpig_jr
Years of Service
User Offline
O and before i forget downloaded the Paint.net it works great.
Thanks man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:52:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:52:51