Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V110 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 09:26
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 09:47
Why does the TGC store open when i start fpsc?

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 09:49
Dunno. Maybe they're just trying to flog stuff.

Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 14:51
I rebooted and still am getting the missing buttons. Has anyone else running vista had this issue.

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 15:11
At least you guys can get your copies to run. After installing the update I tried reverting back to an older update and when I run it says "Can't Create Memblock". I then tried reinstalling all together and it still doesn't work. It only works if I have 1.10 installed.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
JPM_fr
Years of Service
User Offline
Safety

I thank for the job that you made for the stakes has in the daytime I am francais and I apologize for my English I serts me of a translator. My probleme it places with the stake has in the daytime of FPSC v1.110 beta1 .erreur menblock segment.
With FPSC v1.09 my Mod Rage Engine G3 walks(works) trés indeed but not with the stake has in the daytime FPSC v1.110 beta1

Thank you in advance for your compréhention.

bug v107 fpsc error 8003
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 19:08 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 19:21
nvm

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 19:59
Quote: "I was talki9ng about whether you get a frame drop if you start flinging around large amounts of boxes..."

Just do what I did once, when testing it out: Set/stack up a large pile of crates/boxes and use a bazooka to blow the pile up. That should do it.

Andrew121
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing how more can be updated good job by the way. I am currently not using FPSC because i need a break. Well anyways good luck
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 06:12
I find it funny that having 11 windows open makes people think that memory is gonna be an issue.

As a developer I'm constantly finding myself searching the task bar for a specific window. At any one time I have at least 13 windows open, and at most (I think this was the most I've ever had) 37 windows open. It wasn't until I breached the 26/27 mark that I started to notice a slowdown. It all depends on what type of application each window is running, though. If you have 11 windows open and they're ALL trying to run an MMORPG, then of course your memory is gone. If half of them are Notepad, however, then you shouldn't see much of any memory being taken away.

Keep up the great job, Lee. I'm still waiting on the migration to begin before I jump into the public upgrade pool.

The one and only,

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 06:58 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2008 07:02
Quote: "At any one time I have at least 13 windows open, and at most (I think this was the most I've ever had) 37 windows open."

I recently discovered virtual desktops, and wow now I can't imagine how I ever got along without them. I use VirtuaWin, it's free. You can send any window to any desktop at any time. For example, I'll use one desktop for browsing and email, another one for 3ds Max and Photoshop, and a third for FPS Creator. Helps keep my workspace organized, and prevents window overload. Sorry to go off-topic.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 09:35
Quote: "I recently discovered virtual desktops, and wow now I can't imagine how I ever got along without them. I use VirtuaWin, it's free. You can send any window to any desktop at any time. For example, I'll use one desktop for browsing and email, another one for 3ds Max and Photoshop, and a third for FPS Creator. Helps keep my workspace organized, and prevents window overload. Sorry to go off-topic.
"
awsome

new pc for chrismas is nvidia 8800gtx ADM 4800 2.5ghz 2gb ram 250 gb hard drive
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
In version 1.09, on the game creator store, all the text has disappeared from the buttons (like home, buy cart, login, search)

I've tried restarting FPSC to no avail.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 16:42
now wait a minute,did i saw this right? a FREE edition of FPSC X9 ?!?!?! when we will be able to download it?

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 17:11
I'm guessing the 'free' version will be severely limited.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 19:49
I think you wont be able to build .exes
Maybe it will be like a unlimited time version of the trial.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 21:01
i think the menu modifying option will be disabled,less premade entities and other stuff,less scripts but saving exes should be otherwise its stupid

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 22:03
Quote: "'free' version will be severely limited"

No, you've got it all wrong.

The free version is actually v2, Lee said, and existing X9 v1 users get it for 0 dollars and 0 cents (or whatever your money is), but I'm not sure about X10 users.

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No, you've got it all wrong.

The free version is actually v2, Lee said, and existing X9 v1 users get it for 0 dollars and 0 cents (or whatever your money is), but I'm not sure about X10 users."

Quote: "* Added code to support the free version of FPSC from V110 onwards"

Was cool kid
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
wicked so we get Version 2 completely FREE, well thas a relief i was worried i would have to pay for it, after all it is kinda just a BIG update. looking forward to it even more now.

BJKDAW
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 23:44
Why is this free stuff such big news to everyone? He clearly stated that the migration version as well as any updates made would be free a long time ago.

The one and only,

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 23:58
Ahh, didn't realise he meant the migration version, as everyone calls it the 'migration' version and not the 'free' version.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 00:10
Plystire he's talking about something else. Not that it's a Free upgrade but it's a Free version of X9 that is limited.

* Added code to detect zero or invalid serial codes and disable some features
* Above addition is part of the development of a new free version of FPSC X9
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 00:12
Now I'm confused.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 02:55
You've been using FPSC this whole time and you just got confused?

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 08:32
Lol @ FredP

It seems there's going to be a new version of good ol' FPSC. I'm kind of excited to see how different it'll be. Maybe we get the migration for free, which is the 'new' FPSC, and the old FPSC before the migration is the free version?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 08:39
Either someone will come along and straighten this out or we'll just all remain confused.It will definitely be one or the other.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 09:04
Quote: "Let's see...I right click on an entity to make an adjustment.
I hold down the right mouse button to rotate and...nothing.
I can't rotate the camera to make the necessary adjustments to an entity that I have placed."

Same here it wont move right some times it will move vary slow but most of the time it wont move

AMSHNOK!!!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 09:58
I believe Lee knows what the problem is and is fixing it.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 10:57
As far as I know, the migration is only free to us X9 users.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 12:06
Quote: "I believe Lee knows what the problem is and is fixing it."

That's good but w/e i just downgraded to v1.7 cuz it didnt have meany bugs' as 1.08 an up had + AIRMOD IS THE BEST

AMSHNOK!!!
vonrims
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 17:20
Quote: "At least you guys can get your copies to run. After installing the update I tried reverting back to an older update and when I run it says "Can't Create Memblock". I then tried reinstalling all together and it still doesn't work. It only works if I have 1.10 installed."

I have the same issue. The reason I tried going back to an older update is that on this one I cannot test my levels and the Build Game button is gone.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 17:39
I'm pretty sure migration will be free, but I'm also pretty sure that isn't what he's referring to when he says "free version".

From the looks of it, he means a free, watered-down FPSC. Basically, from the looks of it, people will be able to download FPSC, and if they purchased it get a CD-Key to unlock full functionality. If they do not have a CD-Key, they enter a lower-functionality mode. The lower functionality mode may mean fewer levels available to build into a game (say, maybe 10 instead of the full 50), prehaps the original lightmapping system instead of DarkLights, and maybe a splash screen and non-commercial license (like the Early Adopter version).

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
i am sure when Lee has time he will explain everything to us, lol, we mustn't worry about it.

BJKDAW
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:10
Quote: "Quote: "At least you guys can get your copies to run. After installing the update I tried reverting back to an older update and when I run it says "Can't Create Memblock". I then tried reinstalling all together and it still doesn't work. It only works if I have 1.10 installed.""

You might try this.Donwload the latest v109 beta and install it.Make sure you run the cleaner at the end of the installer.
When you run the 109 beta you are going to have issues reloading a level from the 110 beta.Either try to use a level that you haven't loaded into v110 or build a new one from scratch.

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:25
I have just switched to 1.10. Before I couldn't even run the program on any of the older versions. I even reinstalled it from scratch. But since 1.10 beta is working I think I will stick with it.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:53
There will be a free version of FPSC, not V2. Its something TGC has come up with.
V2 will be free for FPSC users, but the free FPSC version will be free for everyone.

vonrims
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:55
Anyway, I still have my problem of being unable to test the levels I make and the build game button is also gone.
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 23:12 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 23:16
everyone is suffering with different problems, i feel left out seriously i have had no problems at all with any of the beta versions, well ok apart from one where the walls seemed to not appear properly, but all the other updates and this one i am having no problem with, it is brillant.

I am looking forward to seeing the next version of the beta (1.10 beta 2) just to see what else it may fix. lol. It's quite sad really that i am really looking forward to it, perhaps its because its one step closer to the migration. lol. yeah thas what it is.

BJKDAW
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 02:31
I'm not having any problems either and I kind of feel bad about that. Well, not really but I do honestly feel bad for all those who are.

** We are not Alone **
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 05:26
No problems with the latest beta version v1.10, although I had to reinstall 3 or 4 times over the last few days due to building a new computer, (Windows is not an operating system; it's a long drawn out war; but I won. ).

<----started to look tempting.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 07:50
I think the idea that the "old" FPSC V1.10 will become the new "Trial Version" of FPSC, while the migration and thereafter will become what you pay for, makes the most sense.

It would definitally be an incentive to purchase the full version.

The one and only,

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 13:44 Edited at: 4th Jun 2008 17:44
DON'T post your age if you are under 18 and don't swear.

Sorry, i didn't know. i won;t do it again, i promise.

BJKDAW
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 17:31
Quote: "DON'T post your age if you are under 18 and don't swear"

What?

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
what? sorry, em what did i say that was swearing? lol. i forget. lol. and sorry if i posted my age.

BJKDAW
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
I apologise sincerely, would it be possible to allow me to instantly post again please as i am posting to leave feedback throughout the current beta testing phase, i am really sorry and i will not do it again.

P.S. please don't post this

BJKDAW
narcoman
Years of Service
User Offline
how abaut this bug see the video

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
checking out the video now

BJKDAW
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah i see what you mean the entity can't seem to get close and he won't shoot. I haven't had any problems with entities when they're on the same level. perhaps i should try this out and see what happens. hmmm??? we could do with characters being able to attack when they're on a different level i must admit.

BJKDAW
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 22:50
bkinsman,
You're only on Post Approval for a few days.It's not the end of the world and I hope you learned something.
You can still post and edit your posts.Both just require a moderator's approval.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:26:11