Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V110 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 18:29
Last V110 update uploaded for testing. If nothing really horrible happens in the next 48 hours or so, I will make this official and move swiftly onto the V111 beta which already has some cool things to show off, including the step up to Upgrade 6.9 which will bring the source code in line with the latest version of DBP (which means at some future point we can release an update to the FPSC game engine source code). I am warming to the idea of tackling the migration version in sections rather than hide in a cave for months. The V108/V109/V110 update process has shown we can introduce features gradually, and ensure nothing serious breaks as we go, and this might be the way forward for adding the migration features. We will discuss this more in the V111 thread when I create it For now, enjoy testing the final V110.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
oooo that sounds like a really good idea Lee, i like. anyway i am downloading beta6 now, will let you know if there are any problems, hopefully there aren't any.

BJKDAW
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 20:24
Sounds great Lee

I'd like it if you make sure migration doesn't break anything with media - basically, instead of updating everything to be exactly like FPSC X10, I think it should be a priority to make sure existing X9 media still works as it should.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 20:58
But I also think that the media shouldn't stop the progress of the engine. So that better media can be made.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 21:01
Progress can be made in the engine without breaking existing media. New features may only be taken advantage of by new media but old media should still work - we don't want the sort of problems we have with Model Pack 3 in X10.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 21:18 Edited at: 12th Jun 2008 21:20
Well I'm not disagreeing that it couldn't be done. I'm just say that I would rather have a better engine. Even if that means breaking older media.

(Also if both x9 and x10 used the same format to render the models then they could be released on both at the same time.)
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 21:22
Quote: "I will make this official and move swiftly onto the V111 beta"

When is X10 gonna get some lovin!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 22:40
ok am gona give it to ya real Lee...

V110 is great but slower than the previous version. I have made mainlt test with my old V109 levels and am gettin a 12 FPS decreaes from what i got in V109.

I dont have a sreenshot of my map but in V109 i got 20-34 FPS.
In V110 i got 11 FPS and lower. Plus it takes ALOT longer to build game over test and build the .exe. but nothin else was wrong... Just Speed is my issue again...
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 22:48 Edited at: 12th Jun 2008 22:51
4125 The speed loss if for faster load times after you build the game.

As for testing a level it's always best to test it on a new map because things change from version to version. It's like testing a map built in v1 but running it on v10. It's just not going to work the same. (or at all)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 22:52
i did test on a new map..but i cant test the loadin part since i cant build anything. If this is the case than DAMN! i gotta remove some stuff on my levels. alwell... loadin to me isn't problem thanks for that...
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 23:20
I'm missing my Build button and my shaders select options.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 23:36 Edited at: 12th Jun 2008 23:56
Quote: "I'm missing my Build button and my shaders select options. "

Quote: "* Added code to detect zero or invalid serial codes and disable some features"

Mean's Your product key is not right
Try reinstalling
I tested this to see if it was a bug or not IT's NOT A BUG.
after reinstalling. every thing was there.
I went in the Userdetails.cfg an edited theYourSerialCode= product key an then restarted fpsc an the build game an shaders options where gone.
Then i went back in an put the right product key that came with my box an the build game an shaders options was back

That Fixed my Build button and my shaders select options Prop

@Lee
GOOD WORK on the new update's The beta 5 Fixed most of The bug's Thank you.
Im still going to be useing Airmod cuz i LOVE the "BLOOD" an "GUN KICKBACK" (Hint) lol =)

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 01:03
Ahhh thanks GOTH 1 SNIPER
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 01:12
I just downloaded and installed 1.09 this morning for the first time. Played with it a bit, then saw this thread and downloaded 1.10 beta 6. Installed and ran with no issues. (so far..)

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 01:33
i got no issues but i cant build anything. i dont know why? V108 was perfect and i guess i cant go back to that after installing the new ones. Alwell, guess my games will never make it at all and FPSC is now useless...
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 03:41
The FPS drop in V110 was due to reverting to some former culling code as the new code created problems with large interior spaces creating portal culling at wrong times. I was going to add a flag so you can chose to use the old or new one, but I think it makes sense for V111 to have a go at fixing the 'open space bug' under the new code so we get the best of both worlds. With luck, you should just update to V111 BETA 'blah' and you will get your FPS back Watch the readme's!

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 03:44
Yea...Mine just stays at building portals. Good job though, just doesn't work for me

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 04:36
Yeah the reinstall didn't work. I still don't have a Build Button or Shaders Tab.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 04:47
Lee, you need a new engine for testing games I think. To make a default square, one segment big, a player start marker and gun, it takes about 1 minute to build. Two engines, one for built games, the other for testing, would give us, as you would say, the best of both worlds. As I've only built games 3 times, the faster loading in build games for slower build times is a bad trade for me. Especially because I test every two minutes It may take a lot of space though for two .exes, but worth it IMO. Also, the spawning glitch needs to be fixed, I'll send you info on that later, and I think the physics could use sprucing to better support rag-dolls, dynamic entities inside dynamic barrels, weapon and ammo physics, etc. I know you're against it, but maybe Dark Physics? Modders probably own most of the plug-ins anyhow. And if they don't, they can probably afford them if they really want to mod. It's not really closing the source, is it?

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Snake Eyes
Years of Service
User Offline
My weapon animations are out of sync with the audio. Does anyone else have this problem? It's been happening since the 38 fps max update and it's really annoying me. Also, i can't find the Light Intensity and player jump options anywhere. Yes, i am running V110.

"If there is an itch, it will be scratched. We do that."
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 07:38
SGT Rampage, not sure if you were patient enough but it does take longer (a very long time depending on the map) for it to build portals the first time. However, when you do another test on the same map, it will be much faster as it uses the DBO/DBU files that were created -- unless you made some major portal changes, then it has to rebuild.

Snake Eyes, I hadn't noticed the weapon animations being out of sync with the audio. I will take a closer look (and hear ) Maybe it's that distance thing; you know, you see the lightening and then hear the thunder.

** We are not Alone **
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 11:27
Quote: "Yeah the reinstall didn't work. I still don't have a Build Button or Shaders Tab."

Quote: "Mean's Your product key is not right
Try reinstalling
I tested this to see if it was a bug or not IT's NOT A BUG.
after reinstalling. every thing was there.
I went in the Userdetails.cfg an edited theYourSerialCode= product key an then restarted fpsc an the build game an shaders options where gone.
Then i went back in an put the right product key that came with my box an the build game an shaders options was back

That Fixed my Build button and my shaders select options Prop
"

Check your serial code is correct and see if that fixes it...

[center]
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 11:28
Yea I know but its just that I test my game about once every 20 minutes and have to wait 10 mins for the portals to build. If only Fpsc was realtime...pfft, as if!
But I still like this, just I got a real bad fps that didn't go above 15...

Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed 110 beta 6,
when i try to go to game creator store
all i get is Error could not detect an internet connection.
I know it`s not the connection as i can go to websites
without any problems.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 13:46
Quote: "I installed 110 beta 6,
when i try to go to game creator store
all i get is Error could not detect an internet connection.
I know it`s not the connection as i can go to websites
without any problems."

Is your firewall blocking access for FPSC

[center]
Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is your firewall blocking access for FPSC"

No tried turning firewall off still no luck.

It worked on all the other updates with fire wall on.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 14:24
Woolfman & Bloodhound 2: Email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and we will take a closer look at solving your issues with BUILD GAME disappearing. The behaviour is not a bug, but an additional feature we implemented for the free version. Email me and we can work through it.

4125 : We will sort this out through email as I need to step through the process with you to find the problem.

Sgt Rampage : Load the SIMPLE.FPM level and click TEST GAME and let me know if you still get the freeze at 'building portals' and we can go from there.

Slayer222 : The features you refer to can be looked at during the migration development

Snake Eyes : Provide a step by step guide to what I should select, and what sound artefacts I should be listening out for specifically. Thanks.

Exotic Matter : The program is likely being blocked by a firewall or router. Such background tools would allow you to browse websites but block communication from other programs such as FPS Creator. If you have not manually configured these tools to allow FPS Creator, that will be your problem.

Thanks for the continued testing of the beta. Some of the reports here I will move to the V111 version as V110 is strong enough to make the free version build so far.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 14:26 Edited at: 13th Jun 2008 14:28
Lee, during the migration, will you fix normal mapping on segments?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 14:47 Edited at: 13th Jun 2008 14:57
And will the frame-rate be acceptable? I'm fed up of having a tiny outdoor area, with a few objects (stock and TGC purchased) running at 25 fps. And i'm also fed up of not being able to render high-poly objects. All the new, modern day games have high-poly, good looking objects at a steady frame-rate.

I'm grateful for what you've given us, it's all top-notch, but your churning out new features that we dont need! The frame-rate should have been the first priority, i know you've attempted, but it's still unplayable.

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you want Crysis Graphics? DO you have a Crysis computer? It's the same with fpsc, though I do agree that it should be at least 300% faster, there's only so much your hardware can do.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 16:41
I have an nvidia geforce 7200gt, a 3ghz processor and i can play half-life 2 on full graphisc mode with little or no lag. If i built a fpsc level, half the size of a hl2 level with very low poly models, it would run at 10 (or less) fps.

mention FPSC to anyone, and the first thing they'll bring up is the lag.

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 18:04
Well my minor problem was fixed to get the serial code to work. I just had to make sure the letters were capitalized. Thanks anyways for the offer to help Lee.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 18:14 Edited at: 13th Jun 2008 20:22
Found a bug.

I built the scifigame and was messing around in it and walked sideways down some steps. Although I didn't go down. I kept walking sideways into the air. It wasn't until I started to go forward that I fell to the ground.

[edit]
I'll report back on this later today. At the moment I can't duplicate it, but it happened to me yesterday.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 19:58
Found some bugs:

-When launching FPSC it just says FPSC, not wich version (I dont care that much about it, but anyways)

-It sais I am running FPS Creator Free (check attached screenie), but only when in "Store mode"

-It takes ages to build portals when testing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 21:36
You know, if FPSC had great, reliable, performance as it is, I'd be happy with it. Lee, don't you think you're stacking a lot of work in the migration to do list? We're talking weeks in your cave with no breaks already Lucky it's your job eh?

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The program is likely being blocked by a firewall or router. Such background tools would allow you to browse websites but block communication from other programs such as FPS Creator. If you have not manually configured these tools to allow FPS Creator, that will be your problem."

Firewall turned off, no router still get same error.
As i said never had problem with other updates.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Would it be possible if you were to get rid of the code that spreads closely placed weapons out? It really bothers me to have to go through so much to have a character start with more then one weapon, and such.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 00:51
@Xyzz1233

Open up Weapon,(or Weaponglow).fpi and remove the quote PLRDISTWITHIN=X, that'll stop it spreading them, but remember to make a backup of your original weapon/weaponglow.fpi script....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 01:36
Can anyone confirm if the "PLRMOVETO" commands have been fixed in the latest updates?

Also, sounds misaligning with their animations is caused by a higher sync rate. The faster the animation plays, the faster the sound should play, but that's not the case here.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 02:40
Hey Lee,
I loaded the simple.fpm level and yes it is still stuck at building portals.

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 03:12
Quote: "-It takes ages to build portals when testing.
"

I noticed that too, I just made one hallway and it took like 2 minutes to do the build portals step alone

one level = game's done!
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 04:31
And when I did it on a BIIIIIG map that took up the whole grid lol it took nearly an hour...

Years of Service
User Offline
Argh, it's true, I think the reason for all the hulabaloo of the "missing features" is because TGC probably made a 'free' version and gave that to us...

One day, I threw a potato... AND IT HIT THE CEILING, like, HOW AWESOME
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 04:45
Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming. Build Portal delay confirmed, will investigate for V111 (and the other good reports).

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 04:46
Thanks, and good luck tgc!

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 05:22
Oh and Lee,
Whenever I try to save It says "saving..." and stuff but when the little box that says that disappears it leaves a black box where the saving box was, and the map-editor doesn't load, and the only way to open Fpsc and is to either log out then log back in or shutdown. I have been experiencing this from version 1.07 and up, it usually happens after I add a blood splat or put one of the animated sprites from sprite pack one on the map.
P.s. Sorry for double post

Miposter II
Years of Service
User Offline
Charge people for the migration (not too much). You folks deserve a bit extra cash for all your hard work!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 11:27
@Sgt Rampage

I've had that problem with every version of FPSC, but I dunno what causes it, it's a randomly appearing thing.....

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 11:36
I'm agreeing with the above people. You are giving us features we don't need. All I've ever wanted really badly with FPSC is a decent framerate.

Snake Eyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, since the FPS increase update (can't recall number), My gun sounds have been out of synch with the gun animations. It is most easily seen in shogtuns and the bullet-by-bullet reloads in Model packs 9 and 10 (though the synchronization problem occurs with all weapons, just less noticable in some than others).

Ok so lets take Errant AI's TGC store weapon, the M32 grenade launcher (sand). I place it in my level, and when i reload the timing is way off. The animation seems to run faster than the sound, as the sound is generally half a second behind the animation.

"If there is an itch, it will be scratched. We do that."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:28:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:28:46