Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 22 released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 15:42
Anyone who's bought this, is their an alternate boss script for the Chainsaw guy? I really haev a deep dislike of quick-time events, as they lend little to skill and more to luck. Just having him simply chasing the player down and chewing him up would be awesome...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 15:52
There was one if you bought the chainsaw guy separately. But it didn't include the chainsaw stalling.

Bond1 - You are amazing. You rank up there with a god! Zeus has nothing on you.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 16:06 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 16:15
Quote: " is their an alternate boss script for the Chainsaw guy"

There is, but it doesn't contain the finishing move. But with a little digging in my script you could remove the "scancodekeypressed" stuff from the boss script and strip away the dodge manuever.

Quote: "as they lend little to skill and more to luck"

I see what you're saying, perhaps in Resident Evil 4, but mine doesn't result in instant death, and doesn't require you to "guess" which key to press, the dodge key is always "G". So it actually does require skill and timing rather than luck.

Quote: "alot of those characters would fit well in a condemed game....."

Thanks! That was one of my favorite games of recent!

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 16:32
Quote: "and doesn't require you to "guess" which key to press, the dodge key is always "G". So it actually does require skill and timing rather than luck."

Ahh, I see. I hate the, 1-second-warning-then-death type QTEs, they're just a badly designed way to make the game challenging...

Looks like I'm gonna have to get a job and get me some money, lol...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Pack looks killer. Great work Bond1.

Indie

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:15
Quote: "Did anyone check out the Dark Shader video I made yet, that is also included with the pack?"

Where abouts is it?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:17
This...shader...is...awesome.

View the attached pic if you believe yourself to be worthy.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:19 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 17:22
According to my zip file I sent to TGC, it should be in your main FPS Creator directory, in a folder named "DarkShader Template". It should contain the video and a file named "darkshader_template.fx"

If for some reason it's not there, let me know ASAP so I can contact TGC and see what's going on.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:21 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 17:23
Quote: "View the attached pic if you believe yourself to be worthy."

Nice pic Airslide! A little dark, but I can still make out the rimlight around the character, and of course the glowing eyes! Would scare the crap out of me playing in a dark room at night, especially with the into growl.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:23
Quote: "According to my zip file I sent to TGC, it should be in your main FPS Creator directory, in a folder named "DarkShader Template"."

Ah right, it's there, thanks.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:30
It isn't quite as dark as in game, I guess it is just the FPSC-Screenshot-Effect striking again

They work in X10 really well too! I removed the shader from the effect field because obviously an x9 shader won't work in X10, but the default X10 shaders work really well with these characters. This pic isn't as nice but take a look

Attachments

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:32
Is that an illumination map for those eyes Bond?

Inventive, I like it!

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:44
i support bond1 all the way i got the pack the day it came out. or should i say the morning it came out. bond1 packs do work in x10 but when the zombies kill you the program crash. x10 is able to use all packs. but because there are still bugs with x10 some things may happen like textures not showing up right on characters,like gray textures and so no. but more lee fix the problems the more stable it become. but i can't wait for x10 to become stable because everything looks ten times better than x9. checkout the bond1 new shader in x10 and thank you so much bond1 good luck with the ps3 you are living my dream. i also checkout the video on the shader thanks alot , you earn your way to model 3d making. i can't wait to see your work on other game. to the best there is bond1, much respect.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 18:33 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 18:37
Thanks michael x for the nice words.

Airslide, that's really good to know, I'm glad that X10 and X9 are moving closer together, hopefully it won't be much longer until there is full cross-compatiblity.

Quote: "Is that an illumination map for those eyes Bond?"

It sure is! Even if you don't get the pack just yet, you can still see what is possible by creating your own shaders with the template file I included with the pack. Here is a link to the tutorial video included with the pack in case you missed it: http://www.hyrumark.com/DarkShaderDemo.zip

I really look forward to seeing what people can create with the Dark Shader template. It unlocks the inner workings of the FPSC lighting system with an easy to use interface that will be familiar to just about anyone who has used a 3d app. It really gives you TONS of control of fitting the character to the environment of your game - which is what you should be doing - and exploits the custom shader feature of X9 that not many people have taken advantage of yet.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "everything looks ten times better than x9"

Gee thanks

]

Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
Why have they stoped doing the model packs where you could
pick if you wanted an exe or zip file.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 00:21 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 00:22
Hooray! my download link came through

Amazing pack. Really useful dark shader video and the provided character shader fx template is genius. Couldn't resist uploading an x10 screeny of my favourite character.

Only problem for me is the characters don't appear when using FPSC X9 and when I apply the template shader in Dark Shader the model disappers. I'm using Vista with an ati dx10 shader model 4.0 card.

If anyone has the shader working in X9 with a Vista / dx10 card please confirm and which card?

Attachments

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 00:49 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 01:00
Hey Nomad Soul, from the little research I've done, ATI kind of lagged behind Nvidia when it came to shader model 3 cards, and their implementation of it was different than Nvidia.

Quote from an article:
Nvidia Gets 13 Games to use Shader Model 3.0
According to a report by The Inquirer, as many as 13 upcoming games will be using Shader Model 3.0, for which only nVidia hardware supports.

ATI has previously given convincing reasons for why Shader Model 3.0 is not important at the present time, and how Shader Model 2.0b, the one their hardware supports, can do the job just as fine. However, with the number of important games supporting the latest shader model, this reasoning is expected to change.

See if the shader will compile under shader model 2 for your card. Try this: Open the shader in notepad, scroll down to the bottom and change this line:

PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 mainPS();

to this:

PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 mainPS();

Save and see if it will work for your card. There might be too many instructions in the shader to compile under SM2, but you never know.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 01:47 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 01:48
Thanks Bond1

I tried but got a compiling error in Dark Shader as you suggested (see attached).

Somehow I knew this would be an ATI issue. This is the last straw for me and their incompatibility. I'm going to the shops to get an nvidia card tomorrow.

I've just looked online and ATI cards (even new ones) don't support shader model 3. At least I might have saved some people wasting their money on an ATI card with this.

I'll assume Nvidia x10 shader model 4 cards are backwards compatible with shader model 3 but can't find confirmation of this anywhere. Can you confirm?

Attachments

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 01:54 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 02:25
Quote: "I'll assume Nvidia x10 shader model 4 cards are backwards compatible with shader model 3 but can't find confirmation of this anywhere. Can you confirm? "

They sure are, I made all the shaders for the pack as well as the Dark Shader video using a Geforce 8800. And yes it does require shader model 3. I just tried compiling under shader model 2 and there are too many arithmetic intructions for that shader profile.

Very sorry about your ATI card though. In my opinion, ATI has been lagging behind Nvidia for several years, and IMO haven't had a truly competitive card since the Radeon 9700/9800. I switched to Nvidia several years ago, and you won't be disappointed.

Once I get through with my current project, I may make a simplified version of this shader that will compile under shader model 2.0.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 02:31 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 02:35
Bond, just to let you know, all the links to Vimeo on the GCS in your model descriptions are gone, you told us about it some other time. You might want to take them down.

Quote: "Very sorry about your ATI card though. In my opinion, ATI has been lagging behind Nvidia for several years, and IMO haven't had a truly competitive card since the Radeon 9700/9800. I switched to Nvidia several years ago, and you won't be disappointed."

I sort of support AMD/ATi, I have an AMD Phenom 9550 quad core, and a HD 4870. I've had no problems with either of them, I can run Mass Effect with everything pumped up to the max, and I can play Crysis at very high on 1680x1050.

Now I just have to find enough money to get X10. Just to play around with it.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, will you be selling any of this through the store?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 02:41 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 02:43
Quote: "I sort of support AMD/ATi, I have an AMD Phenom 9550 quad core, and a HD 4870,"

Sure, but that is a shader model 4 card. Apparently ATI doesn't include proper backwards compatibility for shader model 3. Anything in Nvidia's lineup from a Geforce 6 series on up will work properly. Not saying that ATI is bad, but even some high profile software (Mudbox, Lumonix ShaderFX), has dropped official support for ATI cards because of compatibility issues.

Nomad Soul, send me an email if you want a version of this shader for shader model 2. I can strip out the global illumination, and one of the light sources. Sure it won't look as cool, but it will work with your card at least.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 03:09 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 03:09
Bond - I gotta thank you a ton for adding on these extra animations. I haven't messed with all the characters yet, but I recently ported the Lobotomy guy in to my DBP engine. Using a "Sequence" system (similar to states, except each sequence is its own function as I use LUA) I have him crouched down on the ground until the player gets too close, then it goes to the next sequence which plays the rising up animation. Once it is complete, it goes to a slow attack sequence (he walks towards the player) until you injure him enough and it goes to a running attack sequence. When you injure him more, it goes to limping. I suppose this could be duplicated in FPSC (although I use DarkAI, but the basic functionality could be achieved). The only issue I see is being able to change the actual speed of the character when he switches to running, I have him going nearly twice as fast in my engine at that sequence.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 03:13 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 03:44
Thanks Bond1

I've just sent you an email (chris_smith582@yahoo.co.uk) and would love a version of the template that will work for shader model 2.

@Toasty Fresh

ATI cards are ok if your only playing commercial games but FPSC X10 has only just been updated by Lee to fix a lot of ATI problems and a lot of development tools have similar compatibility issues.

50% of the reason I got this pack is to make use of Dark Shader and bond1's next gen FPSC character shader template so I'm switching to Nvidia. ATI are ok for benchmarks and price but not compatibility.

Edit - Thanks for the shader model 2 version bond1. It compiles successfully with my ATI card (attached). The results are still very impressive despite the compromises which shows how amazing your shader is.

This will do nicely until I get my Nvidia card so I can use it in all its glory. I might email ATI to give some feedback on their decision to drop support for shader model 3.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:41
A nice Padded Cell segment texture would go well with these.

Foo
Years of Service
User Offline
He bond1,

whats going on? The new pack doesn't work properly on my computer. If I use "Full Shader Effects".

If I do that - the enemies are invisible - very annoying. So they are only visible when I choose "No Shader Effects".

Specs:
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type Unknown, 1800 MHz (3.5 x 514)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA Apollo PT880 Pro / PT880 Ultra / PT894
System Memory 2752 MB
BIOS Type AMI (02/26/08)

Display:
Video Adapter RADEON X800 PRO Secondary (256 MB)
Video Adapter RADEON X800 PRO (256 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon X800 Pro (R420)
Monitor Plug und Play-Monitor [NoDB] (HS2Q902814)
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:36
@Foo

Ok so I guess you didn't read the rest of this page yet. ATI cards don't support shader model 3 as I found the hard way. You'll only be able to see the characters if shaders are disabled. Also you won't be able to use bond1's next gen shader template for Dark Shader as it won't compile.

He kindly sent me a shader model 2 version as a base which does compile in Dark Shader but the exported shader doesn't work in FPSC. Hopefully he'll be able to check this out so you can use that which still does a good job but compromised for compatibility.

I've just kicked my ATI 2900XT into touch and got an Nvidia 9800GT today which has completely resolved the same issues for me. I can now compile the shader model 3 template in Dark Shader and models appear fine. See attached.

Bond1 might be able to help you with the shader model 2 version but its really not his fault and in all honesty my advice would be find yourself a reasonably priced Nvidia card and go with that.

ATI moved straight from shader model 2.X to 4.0 on the basis 3 wouldn't be that important despite being the best dx9 shader model version (nice one!). So its either ok graphics on X9 or FPSC X10 I'm afraid. Although I wouldn't trust ATI's shader model 4 anymore anyway.

Attachments

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:48 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 01:14
Hey Foo,

Yes, unfortunately the shader effects won't work with your setup. In my defense, on the model pack page it says this:

* Fantastic new character shaders give cinematic lighting effects for shader model 3.0 video cards

....which ATI cards do not support.

Apparently, ATI decided to go "rogue" and go against both Nvidia and Microsoft in choosing not to support the shader model 3 standard. Instead, dubbing their own version "2.0b". I will ask TGC to also make this clearer on the model pack page that ATI cards do not support shader model 3. In the meantime, I'll try and get my hands on an ATI card and see if I can get one working under shader model 2.

Here is an interesting article about the difference between the two, and it's pretty clear that ATI's version is a less powerful shader model: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/farcry20b_2.html

the italian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:54 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 11:03
Bleaaagg !!!!!,it's very Horripilant !!!!!
Twoo minutes ago I have bought It...........now I wait in mailbox ...................

oldboy of 40 years old
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 08:06
I bought it yeasterday and I have played with it in X10 since then
And it actually works so good that I havent even touched X9

I have attached a video of the brute boss, it seems that dodge doesnt work, neither the finishing when sawing of his head. But what apeared is even cooler...

Its a headshot with rolling head!

Just watch the video

And by the way, Great pack Bond1!

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 09:17
BIG Viking Games: Your video doesn't work on my pc (actually, it wont download at all). Could you re-upload as a standard formated video (avi or wmv possibly)?
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 16:24 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 17:03
Ill upload it at Vimeo instead

[Edit] YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcCzx0gnoOU

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 17:31
Verry Nice

IS there any chance of a Sci-Fi mod pack soon ...

Foo
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul
I read it but I didn't understand it before someone else explained it to me. But consider: First english isn't my mother tongue and second I don't know much about those hardware stuff.

@bond1

This is hard. I understand now. But I must say, that it isn't clearly explained on the sales page, that without a Shader 3.0 card it doesn't work.

I am not that hardcore gamer dude, that knows such things straight from the brain. I understand it's not your fault what ATI did, but on the other hand I am very dissapointed, because it wasn't clearly described.

Now I got a cool model pack, but I cannot use it properly.

Thats is unfair for such type of consumer, that I am. Because of that I must sadly say that I want my money back.

Sure you said that you'll try to port it to Shader Model 2. But how long will it take to do that?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sure you said that you'll try to port it to Shader Model 2. But how long will it take to do that? "

Hi Foo - I understand why you're disappointed. I would be too. On the plus side it still works without shader effects. I'm currently tied up with another project right now, but in a few weeks I will dig out my old Radeon 9800 card and try and get it working under shader model 2. Just keep in mind it won't look quite the same because shader model 2 is quite a bit less powerful, and I will need to remove some stuff.

@Big Viking Games:
That's awesome! He looks great in X10. The dodge key doesn't work because X10 doesn't have some of the scripting commands that X9 does. And the reason he loses his head is because ragdoll takes over when his health reaches zero, rather than my custom finishing move script. But hey, it still is pretty cool!

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 05:53
I would buy, but seeing as the currency exchange has went up, 20 bucks american would be like 80 bucks over here, so damn the government for that...Really nice work though Bond.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 07:24
Quote: "I would buy, but seeing as the currency exchange has went up, 20 bucks american would be like 80 bucks over here, so damn the government for that...Really nice work though Bond."

As with Me

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 19:30
Quote: "@Big Viking Games:
That's awesome! He looks great in X10. The dodge key doesn't work because X10 doesn't have some of the scripting commands that X9 does. And the reason he loses his head is because ragdoll takes over when his health reaches zero, rather than my custom finishing move script. But hey, it still is pretty cool!
"

I must say he works quite fine without the Finishing move, and I would really like to see more character wich looses bodyparts, its so much funnier to watch the head roll away down a stair or something

Once again, Great work!

Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks good pack.
One thing when you kill the Chainsaw Brute (not the boss)
you still hear the Chainsaw running can this be stoped.

Thanks
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 23:08 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 23:09
Quote: "One thing when you kill the Chainsaw Brute (not the boss)
you still hear the Chainsaw running can this be stoped."

Oh snap! Thought this would be my first pack with zero bugs! A simple fix though. Try the attached script instead. This needs to be set as his "aidestroy" script in the fpe file.

Attachments

Exotic Matter
Years of Service
User Offline
The script did it

Thanks.
Death Weeps
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I just got this Model Pack...err it is pending. I just got my FPSC today, you might see though that I signed up in 06, 3 years later and I have it. This model pack is going to be a dream come true for me because I ordered the pack 4 and 10 but I dont know how to get it onto my FPSC.. I am going to college right now for software and game programming and FPSC is a way for me to release my over active imagination and to unleash my several notebooks of games and ideas into a game, and zombies are a huge part of my creations. I cant say anything really except...I love the people who mad FPSC.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:17
@bond1,

Sweet pack! I'm glad that I own it.

There is a slight texture issue regarding Dante2 and Dante3: a rather unsightly seam appears on the back surface of those textures.

Not a major issue, but it's worth calling to your attention, as it does take away from the polished look of Dante's dead corpse...

Thanks,

Seth Black

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 03:13
Oh my god, I want this so bad.... somebody lend me some money!

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 03:41
Great pack Bond1
I had to buy as soon as it came out.
And glad i did great pack.

Regards Stephen
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 15:05
I thought you were leaving us Robert...?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "IS there any chance of a Sci-Fi mod pack soon "

It will probably be the next thing I work on after I'm done with my current project. I've had my fill of zombies and horror for now...

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 16:54
A pack that continues with the theme of the Seekers would be awesome.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 17:26 Edited at: 29th Jan 2009 17:32
Quote: "Plus, I'm releasing a brand spanking new shader template with Dark Shader support to create your own. I've even included a 15 minute video with this pack demonstrating how to make your own, which you can download here to see what is possible:"

This is a very nice video, and shaders are really important for game design.

Quote: "Did anyone check out the Dark Shader video I made yet, that is also included with the pack? You guys better watch that thing, because it's cool as heck, and I put a lot of time into the shader aspect of the pack."

Yes, I just watched it. (had to transfer funds to PayPal, then had to wait for order processing)

Thanks for that video Bond.
Your tips in the video are greatly appreciated.

Quote: "Where abouts is it?"

A shortcut to the video was placed on my desktop during install.

Quote: "According to my zip file I sent to TGC, it should be in your main FPS Creator directory, in a folder named "DarkShader Template". It should contain the video and a file named "darkshader_template.fx""

I'll be looking for that soon, thanks.

Quote: "It [sci-fi] will probably be the next thing I work on after I'm done with my current project. I've had my fill of zombies and horror for now..."

Great news, because sci-fi is always hot. (maybe we could get a Bond version of a "grey")

Thanks again Bond for such wonderful assets, and I am looking forward to seeing whatever it is that you do next.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 19:09
Sci-fi makes Lobster drool...

I've always been a fan of movies like Blade Runner and series like Battlestar Galactica where the "aliens" are similar to us in most ways (clones, replicants, skinjobs etc.) Either that or they should look completely different from us in horrifying ways that Lobsters can't even imagine. Blobs with spiked tentacles sliming their way too you or half-finished clones fresh out of the incubators. Nightmare!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:24:14