Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 22 released

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 19:20 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 06:48
I want to get DarkShaders now, but after looking at the price I have concluded that the Dark Game Studio is a much better deal.

In fact it's price is unbelievable when you consider the tools included. (add those up at individual cost)

I have half the stuff or more already, but it is still a better bargain than buying the other half separately.
I guess I will give DarkVoices a try again. (been since the release that I played with a demo)
[i]

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 05:10
Ah, I very much like this model pack (see pic).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
is dark shader now standalone app
i understood you need DB pro to run it,
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 06:28 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 06:46
Quote: "is dark shader now standalone app
i understood you need DB pro to run it,"

It looks like a stand alone.

Quote: "

Dark Shader is distributed electronically.
Dark Shader is not available boxed or on CD.
DarkBASIC Professional 6.4+ is required to use Dark Shader.
"

That is on the DarkShader page under the buy button, but you can get it boxed on DVD if you buy the DarkGame Studio.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for confiming this, it would be great iF TGC,
could release a standalone version of dark shader,
otherwise it would be to expensive to make use of bonds
shader ideas, and not viable to the FPSC scene,
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 06:49
Dark Shader has always been standalone, but the code it exports is for DBP. Obviously you can use some of the shaders in FPSC if they are formatted correctly (none of the post processing without source editing though).

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 06:50 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 06:54
Quote: "thanks for confiming this, it would be great iF TGC,
could release a standalone version of dark shader,
otherwise it would be to expensive to make use of bonds
shader ideas, and not viable to the FPSC scene, "

$90 for Dark Game Studio is not that expensive.

Especially when you consider how much you are saving.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
conjured,
i overlooked the link actualy it is quite reosonable
for what you get,or should i say a bargain,
thanks you.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 07:43 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 07:46
Hey Airslide, nice lighting in that pic, and is that a realtime shadow on the wall? Man, I'd give a kidney for realtime shadows in FPSC. The kind you see in Monolith games, I freaking love their engine. Awesome lighting.

Yeah Dark Shader is a standalone app. It is basically a shader editor, like FX Composer, except aimed squarely at DBPro apps. Like Airslide mentioned, no post effects like bloom for FPSC though. But you can get some cool effects on a per-entity level. And you can bet I'll be including more FPSC ready shaders included with future models, ready for tweaking in Dark Shader. Blinking lights, tv screen effects, scrolling marquee textures, etc.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 15:42
Yea, realtime shadows thanks to Evolved, he made a sick Deferred Rendering system for DBP that actually works not only really well (once you get it setup ) but pretty fast too. I'm still trying to figure out why the gun is dropping it from 200 odd frames to about 60, but my hope is that it won't decrease below that much further.

I've actually thought about porting it into FPSC but I don't think it'd work out too well - it wasn't too hard for me because my engine centralizes most of the object creation/loading, and you have to add each object to the Deferred Rendering system or it will screw up the others. I made a simple system to exclude objects altogether and not have any of the strange problems you normally would but it still isn't automatic. I think it might be too slow for FPSC as well, but we'll see how it does performance wise after the migration and then maybe I'll take a shot at it.

And ya, I love the lighting in games like FEAR (and it improved a ton in FEAR 2). That's why I took the time to add it to my engine, even though I ended up having to modify some shaders to get it to work with the level object (turned out to be pretty easy once I figured out what was going on in the shader, that was the hard part). I was thinking that the dynamic shadows would probably be the only shader effect in my game, but I was surprised to find that Evolved setup compatible shaders for normal mapping, relief mapping and more. Most of them seem to require either PS/VS 1.0 or 2.0 too, so I don't think I'll have to worry too much about compatibility.

outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 07:18
dear lord i am amazed

Un-Banned...

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 07:36
Yeah, Evolved shaders are legend. You have no idea how many hours I spent programming with them lol.
Bond1...I have to admit you have got the best of me, even if it costs like 50 bucks over here now, I will be placing my order in later tonight. Thanks.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Armageddon Ash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 15:20 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 19:37
this pack looks great
but the big monster seemed to go down easy, could that be changed so he can take more damage?
FallenRT
Years of Service
User Offline
After I get the money, this is most definetly going into my system. More great art by the amazing BOND1!!! Good luck on your videogame for actual systems or sumthing like that
god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 20:33
this pack is hard i having see the demo

sorry for bad english im dutch
god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 20:33
this pack is hard i having see the demo

sorry for bad english im dutch
Silent hippo 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 22:50
Armageddon Ash, of course that can be changed. In the entity properties box, change his health. If you don't know how to get there, look at the tutorials @http://www.fpscreator.com/video_tutorials.html
Armageddon Ash
Years of Service
User Offline
okay great thanx, i havent got FPS creator yet
i just want to make sure of a couple of things first
i love zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 11:21 Edited at: 5th Feb 2009 11:25
Look amaizing, getting it for my Birthday, oh, im kinda new to downloading model packs, how long does it take for them to come through? (lol)
And isnt that the tank of L4D on the youtube video? anyway great work! if you do another model pack, add Bond1's rick astley to it.

Fps Creator, is the best for horror games, fps creator x10 is not, the lights dont flicker well
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 11:52
Bond1, I seriously am not sure if I alread asked this, apologies if I did, but will these be in the store? I hate horror (because I'm scared of it ) but I may try and see how I can make a horror game with one or two of these...
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but will these be in the store"

Eventually, one of the Dante Beasts, the non-decapitation Chainsaw Brute, and hopefully the non-corpse-feeding Dogman will go into the store. I just want to give the model pack some exclusivity time for maybe another month or so. Thanks for asking.

TEC Spectre
Years of Service
User Offline
It must have been a very disturbing time in bond's life , modeling and texturing these.

Slightly transparent.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 20:15
Lol, these're pretty freaky, your wife must have nightmares about this stuff lol...

Great at parties though...

"Yeh, my husband works in the shoe factory up town."

"Mine makes zombies."

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 12:42 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 12:47
@CG;

Quote: "Eventually, one of the Dante Beasts, the non-decapitation Chainsaw Brute, and hopefully the non-corpse-feeding Dogman will go into the store. I just want to give the model pack some exclusivity time for maybe another month or so. Thanks for asking.
"

That's good, but I was hoping for lobotomy... Thanks anyway, and that's fine.

I'd buy the pack, as well as several other things, but thanks to the economy going downhill, $20 USD is now $30 AUD, which used to be roughly $24 AUD. I also have to save up a bit more for X10, which used to cost about $80 AUD now costs $100.
I will not tell you that no
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 20:33
Yuck...

LEON OAR
I will not tell you that no
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 00:33
Disgusting.... BUT FUN!

LEON OAR
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 09:25 Edited at: 10th Feb 2009 11:43
Hi bond1! I've purchased the model pack 22 last week and my ATI is not able to show the character models' textures. I've read through this thread that is a problem related with the incompatibility between ati and pixel shader 3.0.
I've noticed that you've sent via e-mail a shader (for model pack 22) adapted for ati and ps 2.0.
Could you please send that to me also ?
Tx in advance!!

Edited : I've just sent you an e-mail with the same subject ..

Riccardo
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi bond1! I've purchased the model pack 22 last week and my ATI is not able to show the character models' textures. I've read through this thread that is a problem related with the incompatibility between ati and pixel shader 3.0. "

Look in this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=144687&b=21

You can use that shader for the characters instead, or using them without shader effects works fine too.

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 02:45
Bond1 your models are amazing! I've been using them in my own game using irrlicht as my 3d engine and it is so awesome!

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 18:10
Bond, How do I use the shader template in dark shader? In other words, Where do I place the template? I watched the vid. Awesome by the way. I just don't know where to put the template.

[href][/href]
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In other words, Where do I place the template"

It can be anywhere, you just need to browse to the shader file after clicking on the shaders tab from within Dark Shader.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 03:17
Thanks, I figured it out, works great!

[href][/href]
killer 5918
Years of Service
User Offline
am i the only one who noticed that big muscular pink zombie looks ALOT like the tank for left 4 dead?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DualEagle_MKII
Years of Service
User Offline
This has sparked an idea in my mind!

-- Game Production has begun! What a long trip it will be... --
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 11:08
got bored bought this pack tonight cant wait to get it !! great job

===================
InnerCityWar http://Paradoxial.net (Not open yet)
ScreenShots Soon to come
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 17:17
Dont bump old threads please.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 01:08
Quote: "am i the only one who noticed that big muscular pink zombie looks ALOT like the tank for left 4 dead? "
You seem to have a firm grasp on the obvious.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, when I was making this pack late last year, Left 4 Dead was just about to be released, and I knew that it was going to be a massively popular game. So I copied it's coolest character - figuring it would get me a few more sales.

Wait till you see my next project - following this same trend - except not characters this time.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 03:37
Great to hear from you again Bond.

Quote: "Wait till you see my next project - following this same trend - except not characters this time."

Haha, you little tease .

WizMod Supporter.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 16:05
Sorry to bump this, but I just realised there's no Dante Beast body. Why? I mean, it would be useful. This is a really cool pack, and it has bodies and body parts of all the other characters, but not Dante...

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 20:39
Cos that's mainly meant for a boss, and if you see boss bodies everywhere then it wont be a surprise to you once it gets to it.

Unless you see the body and think "Holy crap, I hope I dont have to fight one of those things"

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:01
You can make a body by importing the character file, removing all of the frames except the last one where he is dead, and export again and make it into a static object.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:05
Quote: "You can make a body by importing the character file, removing all of the frames except the last one where he is dead, and export again and make it into a static object."

I would do that, but Blender is acting weird and I can't import .X files...

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:06
Quote: "Unless you see the body and think "Holy crap, I hope I dont have to fight one of those things""

Have a load of dead soldiers and maybe even a destroyed tank nearby, to show his amazing power...

If we're all God's Children, then what's so special about Jesus?
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:15
Quote: "Have a load of dead soldiers and maybe even a destroyed tank nearby, to show his amazing power..."

Please do not say tank when we are speaking of a monster that looks like a tank (L4D)

Anyways, Bond this is one of my favorite packs. Without it, my first game would have been absolutely awful. I'm surprised you're still working with FPSC, and not with some big-shot game dev company. Anyways, I can't wait to see your next project.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:21
Quote: "I would do that, but Blender is acting weird and I can't import .X files..."

Well do it via fragmotion then! open up the x file, click on the animation and go right to the end of it, and then go to 'File' and then down to 'Export Pose'. Then just copy the lobotomy's fpe file and make the edits accordingly. It's not hard man. Look, I just did it in less then a minute.

Easy as pie.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:26
Umm, what's fragmotion?

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:27
Quote: "Umm, what's fragmotion?"

Quote: "fragMOTION is a powerful 3D modeler specifically intended for the creation and animation of characters. fragMOTION is intuitive and easy to use and contains many features that are only found in top of the line modelers. And if that's not enough for you, the event driven scripting system makes it a breeze for you to add your own features."

http://www.fragmosoft.com/
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:36
Ooh, thanks for the link.

Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 18:14
How big is the download once you have bought the pack, cause I have dial up and need to estimate how long it will take.

Najoko Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:21:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:21:04