Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlitzTerrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 01:10
Excellent! It's great to watch something like this coming along.

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 01:29
Quote: "First renders from OpenTerrain (which will be the core of BT3) made today. LOD system using Quadtrees up and running!"

just an announcement, correct?

I was thinking you added a screenie or something ^^

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 01:50 Edited at: 20th Nov 2012 02:05
Current renders are 2D boxes in SDL. Its just to prove that the Quadtrees and LOD is all working properly. I'll hopefully have something popping out of the ground soon though!

The new design for BT3 is completely different to BT2. It takes just 2 commands to create a terrain!

It should also be considerably faster than BT2 and will be very easy to maintain (less bugs, more features).

Streaming will work out of the box. Terrains can be made into spheres with just one command! (this is the current idea, its too early to tell weather it will be like this in the final version!)

Streaming over a network will be as easy as adding http:// to the beginning of your filename!

And many more new features to come...

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 14:13
I was just thinking about spherical terrains...

Heres an idea on how a spherical terrain will be loaded.

BT will use Cubed Spheres for Spherical Terrain: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fx_files/25027/2/cubedsphere.png

Spherical terrains will use cubemaps. There will be 3 ways to load a spherical terrain

BT CreateTerrain 1
BT SetTerrainSource 1, "mycubemap.png:C"

The :C on the end tells BT that this should be viewed as a cube map so BT will automatically see this as a spherical terrain.

BT SetTerrainSource 1, "myspheremap.png:S"

This is for loading a sphere map as a source. Also tells BT that the terrain is spherical

BT SetTerrainSource 1, "${C}-${X}-${Y}.png:B=4"

This will make BT look at separate files for the terrain. ${C} will be replaced with the face of the cube that BT is looking for. ${X} and ${Y} are the region on that face that needs to be found. Using ${C} implies the :C option.

:B=4 tells BT that the size of each face will be (4, 4). (this must be set for spherical terrains as it needs to know the exact size of each face). This would make BT allocate 4x4 regions for each face. (So in this example, the terrain will have 1024x1024 vertices on each face and 4096 vertices around the equator. Remember that regions are always 256x256 vertices)

If your using the above data source. The filename for one of the regions on the top face will be: "PZ-0-0.png"

PZ means positive Z. In BT3 the Z axis is up! (I know this is a bit annoying as the Y axis is usually the up one in DBPro, but this does acctually simplify a lot of the BT3 commands as the X and Y always face the same way).

The names of all the faces will be:
PX, NX, PY, NY, PZ, NZ

Let me know what you think about that

I'm also thinking about multilevel regions. This will allow more and more detail to be loaded as you get closer to the terrain (alot like Google Earth). This will be quite complex to implement but I think I might be able to do it with some careful designing, lots of ink and paper, and a hell of a lot of tea!

Another cool thing about the multilevel idea is that you can have mountains in the distance which don't take up much RAM (as they are stored at a much lower detail than the stuff near to the player).

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 17:13 Edited at: 20th Nov 2012 17:22
Heres a quick video showing the Quadtrees working:

Not the most impressive demo I've ever posted. But its just showing how nice and fast the LOD updates are (not sure if anyone remembers the speed of the LOD updates in BT1...).

Its currently using SDL and drawing 2D boxes with OpenGL
It draws the areas closest to the cursor first and works its way out
Although its drawing the areas closest to the cursor first. Its actually processing the areas furthest away first. Pushing them on to a stack. Then drawing them the opposite way around.
I did this because I wanted lower LOD levels to process before higher LOD levels so the higher LOD levels can get a heads up when they need to reduce their edge detail in order to bind properly to the lower LOD levels. BT2 solves this by going through the quad tree twice (3 times if you include culling!). The new way should improve speed on very large terrains.

Just a quick note. I am developing the core part using SDL, OpenGL and Linux. Thats mainly because they are my preferred tools. I can get the core part of BT3 up and running much faster using these. I find you have to do a lot of work just to get a window on the screen in Windows. Once the core is done I'll start on a wrapper to allow it to run on DBPro under DirectX.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 00:38
@ Kaedroho,

What do I think of your ideas on spherical terrains? Excited, that's what I feel. I really hope it works and works well.

I am taking it that the LOD speeds will fly along (I dont think they were that slow on BT1 but were visible / noticable)...

Top drawer stuff.

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 00:58 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 01:04
The LOD speeds are quite good in BT2. BT1 was around a few years ago. It was very clunky when moving around. Heres a video from BT1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnEfzQDYlEQ

That video doesn't show it very well but if you moved fast on large terrains, it pretty much frose!

BT2 reduced this latency a lot but its still there (but very, very, tiny). BT2 will slow down if you have multiple cameras in different locations across a large terrain. This is because every part of the terrain will need to update every time a camera is rendered.

BT3 is designed much differently. LOD doesn't need to update. LOD is now calculated really fast on the fly every single frame for every single camera. The above demo is acctually the same region being rendered 6 times. Every time it renders, the LOD is different but theres no lag when updating the LOD so it renders really fast.

The reason for the lag is BT2 and below had to bind sectors edges to the sector next door. So when a lower LOD level popped next to a high LOD level, a request was made to the GPU to update the vertices on that edge so the edges match. This process was very fast but if you suddenly jumped accross the terrain (or simply asked to render a camera on a different part of the terrain) hundreds of these requests would be made all at once.

BT3 stores 3 sets of indices for each chunk. The rendering system will just simply choose which set of indices to use when rendering that chunk on the fly. No data needs to be updated on the GPU anymore. Indices only need to ever be allocated once for all regions as all regions are the exact same so this doesn't add any more RAM useage.

*chunks and sectors are the same thing really. Chunks is the word I call them in BT3 because they are implemented much differently than Sectors were in BT2.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 01:04
While trying to see if I could convince you to use some form of Spherical Quad Tree rendering...

This came up

And this

And this beautiful article from Microsoft

I cannot figure out why it never occurred to me that Slight Simulator may be an ideal point of research lol

But yeah, if you could make it so that the quality steps were not blocky, that would add real beauty to the presentation ability

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 02:01
I'm glad you are looking into adding sphere terrains.

Before you mentioned it, I was planning to put together my own sphere terrain for SF using your plugin and a real sphere. I was going to zoom out of the terrain and gradually fade from it into the literal sphere with objects projected onto it using spheremap coordinates.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 16:21
Spherical Terrains will use quad trees. The way Microsoft did it is much different to the way I'm doing it. Their method makes all the columns of terrain meet at each pole (from what it looks like anyway). I'm going to use a cubed terrain to get around this.

As for the smooth transitions, I'll have to put that on the list of things to think about. As I'm making people use vertex shaders now, this should be possible.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 16:37
Good man /

I hope the links were useful to you...

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 16:53 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 16:56
Yes they are, bookmarked!

I just been jotting some ideas down about this transition idea. I've come up with a nice simple way to implement this into the system.

As for what DBPro will see, there will be 2 functions that will be added to support this:

BT SetTerrainTransitionMode TerrainID, Mode

Mode can be either:
0 - Off (will make the chunk pop like it does now)
1 - Linear (The vertices will move at a constant speed to their new locations)
2 - Sine (The vertices will speed up, and slow down. Looks much smoother but a bit slower)

Not sure how much better the sine will look than the linear one. But its worth a try just to see. It will all be implemented in a shader so the slow down shouldn't be very much at all.

The other function is:

BT SetTerrainTransitionSpeed TerrainID, Speed

Speed will be the number of secconds the transition will take. Default will be 1.0

Thanks for the idea!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 17:02 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 17:02
Throwing ideas your way is the least I can do to aid me buying BT3 ^^

You are welcome, now get coding!

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 18:55
Just been doing some experiments with the transitions. I got it working but there were problems. I was using a time based transition.

The main problem that is if you were moving too fast, errors would happen when transitioning couldn't keep up.

For some reason, I didn't think of the more obvious and simpler way on doing transitioning, distance based transitions! Will try this one out now. Hopefully the results will be better!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 19:36
Quote: "For some reason, I didn't think of the more obvious and simpler way on doing transitioning, distance based transitions! Will try this one out now. Hopefully the results will be better!"

Sounds about right

Where is everybody? ^^

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 20:08 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 20:11
Suprise!

I've altered the demo slightly to show transitioning progress by fading the boxes.
As you can see, no more sudden pops. This method I'm using doesn't have much overhead either!

In real life the LOD distances will be much higher so chunks won't always be transitioning like they are in the demo.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 20:28
Very nice!

Was this a result of my links?

just checking

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 01:14 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2012 01:16
I used my own methods to do this. BT3 works a bit differently to most other terrain engines. Your links will be lots of help when I get to combining lots of regions to create a terrain.

Heres an improved version:

I fixed a few bugs and increased the LOD levels.

To give you an idea of scale. Each of those tiny white blocks in the middle are 16x16 chunks of terrain. That tiny white blob would be about 100 meters across when rendered in 3D. This is a 1024x768 terrain.

Youtube has destroyed the quality of the video. It looks really nice and smooth in real life.

Next up is turning vertex data into triangles and making something with a little more height.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 01:25
I'm currently working on an OpenGL ES 2.0 renderer for the terrain. This will take some time to complete. I will hopefully have something to show next week.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 01:33 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2012 01:38
I leave this forum for a few months to come back to LOD design. I love this stuff. I learned how to do it with C++. Not an easy task and honestly one I never really finished do to the complexity of it. If this plugin will allow planetary design on this scale, then it can be finally used to create randomly generated planets. And with the Noise plugin you can get here on this forum, not even the sky will be the limit.

Here is a GREAT example of a 3D engine. They wrote this in C# and it is just an engine. There is a tech demo you can download. Their graphics engine is in beta, but you can already test it out and see what has been accomplished.

Demo of what this can do. Including the ability to go from ground to space and space back to ground, without any wait time. It is using the same method as the BT plugin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3ZUQUGvxQ

Procedural Grass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdMaFWGLxKE
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 02:25
BT2 largest size terrain (2048 by 2048 height maps) produced a perfect sized terrain for my needs but it also used a lot of memory. Will BT3 be able to tile smaller terrains together reducing the amount of memory used?

Anyway I'm excited about the development of BT3. Definitely have a buyer here.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 10:46 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2012 14:59
JackDawson,

It is pretty difficult. The hardest bit is making areas of terrain of different details work together.

That engine is extremely impressive. They say "Terrain and fractal algorithms runing completely on the GPU" which unfortunately isn't possible to do in DBPro due to the fact that its built for DirectX 9.
It would be awesome if DBPro did move to OpenGL. The great thing about OpenGL is that you can easily mix new versions with old versions. So DBPro could be using OpenGL 2.0 and a terrain plugin could be taking advantage of geometry shaders (OpenGL 3.3+) if the hardware supports it.

I may be able to sneak fractal terrain (what is used above) in to the geometry processing section of BT3. It will be done on the CPU rather than the GPU but it might give some good results. I will give that a try

Parry, the new method should use less ram space then the old one.

BT3 uses a vertex shader to generate lots of the vertex information on the fly. All that needs to be stored is the vertex height as a 2 byte integer.

BT2 uses 32 bytes for each vertex while BT3 only needs 2. 16x less RAM useage!

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 15:56 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2012 15:57
Yea, if only DBPro was going to move over to OpenGL you would see a much much larger crowd using it. I am really hoping this new Elite version of DBPro that has been hinted about will actually get made. I read a lot of info and its common knowledge that everyone knows how flaky things have been around here. As I have seen, a lot of talk, but no action. So a lot of us aren't holding our breath any more. We are moving on.

If you get your plugin to work with other languages, then it will grab a larger crowd and you CAN use OpenGL.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 14:40
Recently, I've been adding these things called "Containers". Containers, as the name suggests, contain lots of regions. Theres different sorts of containers. Ones that can stream, ones that are spherical, etc. All this will be hidden from the DBPro developer though as BT will select automatically which container to use.

I've also come up with a method to allow higher detailed terrains to be embedded in lower detail ones. The use for this is when you want a high detail play area but you still want mountains in the distance where the player cant get to. Those mountains can be on a lower detail heightmap as they will always be very far away.

I've got to the point now where I can begin work on the DBPro wrapper code. Give me a few months and I should have something for you all to try .

JackDawson,

I agree, DBPro would be much better with OpenGL support.

In the past, OpenGL hasn't had very good support on Windows. But recently this has all changed. Probably because WebGL and the fact that alternative OS's which use OpenGL are getting more popular (so more people are making engines that use OpenGL).

This will also bring a great thing to DBPro. It will be a massive step towards allowing it to run on multiple platforms. And of couse, the already mentioned fact that libraries will be able to make use of OpenGL 3+ features and Lee wouldn't have to do any work to support that.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 19:57
@ Kaedroho,

Only partly followed that... but it sounds good to me...

As I say, happy to proof read the help/command documents and/or beta test in due course.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 02:05
This new terrain system sounds like it's gonna rock! There's alot of open world games out there, DBPRO could do with more open world support, and this seems perfect for it.

Are you planning on creating any functions to assist cave creation? So far the only way I see myself making a cave, is to hand craft a cave mesh and apply a random heightmap to its vertices.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 10:13
Duffer,

Containers are basically terrains. As regions are only 256x256 in size. You need a region container which is responsible for loading, rendering and stitching them together when they render.

Chris tate,

Thanks for the comments!

I cant think of how to add caves into the current system. The main issue is telling the system where they are and what they look like. It should be possible to implement by using exclusion on the terrain and a separate system for drawing the cave. I'll have a think about this one though, there must be a way to do it.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 02:06
Yeah, if there is a way, I am sure many people would appreciate such feature; there's lots of games with caves, yet no DB plugin that creates them.

I saw WGLx's cave generator which is what I might look into if you decide not to do it; I could open up a group of vertices on the terrain and snap the opening of the cave to it.

Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 00:44
This sounds great!
I have my money waiting to buy this
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 14:41 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 14:42
As a little side project. I decided to port parts of my open source terrain engine to javascript!

Heres a little demo of the LOD system working:
http://www.turbodog.co.uk/jst/

This requires a recent version of either Chrome or Firefox to run. It may also run in Safari and IE 10 but I haven't tested it with those.

Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 16:42
Quote: "Heres a little demo of the LOD system working:"

That looks awesome. I am really excited about this product.
my previous attempts at similar lod involved breaking up a heightmap into smaller chunks and gridding out the 9 terrains surrounding the camera. I always had trouble with it. This system looks great and does it better and more easily.

keep up the good work!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 17:35
Cool! I wonder how that works; do these different sectors have a different mesh for each distance or something?

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 20:30
@ Kaedroho,

God that looks (potentially) quick...!

Jumping back a few posts, anything (that doesn't get in the way of BT3 coming to fruition) that ties in your work on perlin/noise/fractals with BT3 would be great...

I am also intrigued about the idea of more detailed enivironment maps tying into detail being drawn to the surface base texture(s) on the terrain as with say a path indicated on the environment map and thus painted on to the terrain texture.... It may be a feature (as in, ignore me, feature creep...) for the future but you could possibly also use the environment map to further alter the geometry of the basic terrain(s)... ie. a well trod path would dip down, a river bed certainly would, colour and dip at the water's edge or shore edge, perhaps some geometry features (as well as white etc colours) at mountain tops etc etc. But the environment map implimented as a semi-intelligent brush? Now THERE'S an idea... now I'll shut up, ignore the above, BT3 as you've already outlined is MORE than enough to make me pay

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 21:23 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 21:25
@ Kaedroho,

I am a JAVA programmer. I would LOVE to test out your plugin with JAVA directly. I do not write JAVA Scripting. No love for it there. I use the WLJGL libraries with my JAVA software at this time. But your plugin WITH that library would be brilliant. The fact of using LOD and "Containers" has my FULL attention as I have been working on a multiplayer JAVA game that allows unlimited terrain access. But to do what you have it doing would push my project further along. The Cube Sphere is PERFECT ! Its something I have been studying for the past three years with WGLfx. He and I been back and forth on making our spheres from scratch. Your plugin would make it sooo much easier. And if I include WGLfx's perlin noise gen to my project.. oh man.. ProgrammGasm. lol

All I can say to ya is GO MAN GO !!!

EDIT UPDATE : IT just dawned on me that your also adding Perlin Noise to this project.. GOOD GAWD MAN !! Do you sleep ? lol
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:05 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 22:06
Thanks for all the awesome comments!

I've made the above demo work in WebGL this afternoon. Currently only showing a wireframe though (no shading or textures yet).

http://www.turbodog.co.uk/jst3d/

Chris Tate, each region is its own giant mesh. This terrain engine draws bits of this giant mesh at a time to allow LOD to work.

Duffer, Great idea! I have thought about making it possible for a heightmap to be loaded and it gets refined using a fractal. Much like how that Outera engine as posted before works.

JackDawson, It should be possible to use the JNI (Java Native Interface) to chat to the C++ version of this terrain engine. It won't work with the JavaScript version as thats a completely different language (even though it has a similar name...).

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:20
@ Kaedroho,

Had to go download Chrome (which I should have done a while ago) to run that link - but it was worth it...

I'm really looking forward to demos of the spherical terrain (later on) and also perhaps an 'infinite' terrain demo of LOD.

Bring it on!

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:29 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 22:34
@ Kaedroho,

Uhmm I think you might have it backwards my friend, you mean your Plugin will not work with JAVA. I see that you ARE using JavaScripting ( JS Files. ) Its being used on your webGL that you linked to us there. You see WebGL is a JavaScripting API. So from what your saying you will not have this setup for regular JAVA. This will only work with JavaScripting. Am I correct ? If so, that counts me out as I do not like the WebGL interface. So I can't use your plugin.

Here is what WebGL is in case you didn't know it was JavaScripting API.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:36
@ JackDawson,

I'd give Kaedroho some room on that .... he is very often full of surprises....

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:40 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 22:41
I meant no disrespect. I only was trying to understand his comments since he said his plugin will not work with JavaScript.. and the WebGL is what he says is working with it. Well WebGL IS a JavaScripting API. JS files can use that API to print graphics to the browser. That's how WebGL works. So I was stating this to get more of an understanding of where he is coming from do to the conflicting message he posted.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:42 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 22:45
Duffer,

Thanks for checking it out! Hopefully I will have spherical terrains working soon!

JackDawson,

The JavaScript version will not work with Java (they are completely different languages). I have a C++ version of this terrain engine in development as well which will be able to work with Java through the JNI. The C++ version will use OpenGL ES 2.0 which can be used in Java.

Thanks for the link. But I already know that WebGL is a Javascript only API (I've been reading books and going through loads of documentation about it for the past 8 hours).

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I know they are two different Languages. But you said your plugin works with WebGL. WebGL is a JS API. I do not want to use JS... I am using regular JAVA. I think your misunderstanding me.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:46
The C++ version will not use WebGL (as its a JavaScript only API). The C++ version will use OpenGL ES 2.0 instead which works with both C++ and Java.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. That makes more sense.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:55 Edited at: 12th Dec 2012 00:32
JackDawson, Excellent

I'm currently working on the LOD seam correction. After that, I'll get to work on containers. Then I'll see if I can get a heightmap working.

I'm finding JavaScript a really nice language for prototyping this terrain engine and trying ideas. The debugger for it is brilliant. Its also very easy for me to upload a demo as it runs through the web! So I think I'm going to continue work on this terrain engine in javascript for now. I think it will be much more painless to fix a design flaw (which there always are in programming...) when its in javascript than in C++.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Kaedroho : I've made the above demo work in WebGL this afternoon

JackDawson : WebGL IS a JavaScripting API. I do not want to use JS.

Kaedroho : I already know that WebGL is a Javascript only API (I've been reading books and going through loads of documentation about it for the past 8 hours). The C++ version will not use WebGL (as its a JavaScript only API). The C++ version will use OpenGL ES 2.0 instead which works with both C++ and Java.

JackDawson : Thank you. That makes more sense.

Kaedroho : I'm finding JavaScript a really nice language for prototyping this terrain engine and trying ideas.

JackDawson : FACEPALM.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 23:16
Sorry, what exactly is your point?

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 18:08
??? Yeah what is your point ???

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 20:31 Edited at: 12th Dec 2012 20:33
Hey, sorry, didn't realize there were replies.

The point was, I didn't realize this statement..

Kaedroho : I've made the above demo work in WebGL this afternoon

was about webGL and NOT about this plugin which is what this thread was about. I was confused by it. So I did a facepalm to show that it dawned on me that his demo was just to show off, and not to show off the plugin in action, since he CLEARLY stated that his plugin doesn't work with WebGL. In other words, I finally got what he was saying about the WebGL.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 22:05
Oh, cool! I've gotta look into WebGL, looks quite interesting.

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
kaedroho, I am currently using the free version of Blitzwerks 2.02. I would like to know the commands to use to make detail maps.

I am aware of the main texture command, and the single detail map command, but I read somewhere that you can have multiple detail maps (like for sand, grass, rocks, gravel, and mud) for BW. Is it true, or do I need shaders instead? or do I need the full version to get those commands?

Thanks

Home is where my souped-up computer is...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:45:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:45:17