Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Blue UM edtion official thread

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Update :

Project blue v1.8 is going slow but we have it working in v1.16 source.

It works fine with the new model pack 38 as well.

Picture attached taken in v1.16.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire, the one shot kill with ironsights is in _gun_shoot a couple lines down

Hope This Helps
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 01:17
@Arenas:

You're using them just fine.

@zeza:

Yes, I know where it is, thank you. We've refrained from changing it thus far because it pertains to MP only and we haven't been doing much of any MP additions.

The one and only,

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 08:11
Quote: "Project blue v1.8 is going slow but we have it working in v1.16 source."

Thanks for the update!

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 09:00
Nice to know that MP38 works with 1.8.
I just bought the pack.(Cool FX)
Thanks for the headsup.
Looking forward to 1.8

Best Stephen
NewKlear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 23:28
Looking forward to 1.8 guys. Love the mod

www.steveharris.info
www.aellamassemailer.com
www.turningthetide.info
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 15:19
s4real could you do the 1.8 update under 115 source code as well? so that people wont have to update to 116. really dont like the new 116 update its more of a pain. if not than i guess im going have to wait for the next update and miss out on the speed up.

more than what meets the eye
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 15:44
Cool, good to see 1.8 is in the works. What features are expected to be added?

FREE FPSC Billboard Pack: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160850&b=24
Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 18:14
michael x: V116 has some critical fixes for especially saving and loading games. If you do not get these updates then your games will be broken in these areas.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 18:51 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2009 18:52
@Scurvy Lobster : Could you email me please?

@michael x : Sorry we dont have the time to have PBv1.8 in both v1.15 and v1.16 source so it will be for v1.16 only.

Update

We got the new model pack 38 running at full speed in PBv1.8 where some people have been getting speeds of about 25fps.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 20:35
WOW, I gotta buy that pack, the running water to the right looks awesome !

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 20:53 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2009 20:53
s4real: E-mail sent

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 21:02
It's good to see great progress, as I check back on these forums once more for updates.

Now I must admit I am currently not using FPSC, or anything computer related nowadays. Yet I hope that does not affect me being a registered user of Pbum, since I will love to use this once I have time

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I do really appreciate all of the new conditions and actions in PB. I have several ideas for new features if you guys are looking for new things for Version 1.8. Its basic stuff like switch weapon commands and such, but can be put together to create more complex ideas such as meele.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Update:

Project blue v1.8 works with fpsc v1.15 as well.

Picture attached.

Best s4real

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 03:51
@Scurvy Lobster I know but there was also some model issues with 116. plus i fix alot of models so to go thru all that again will be a pain.

@ s4real thank you so much i appreciate this mod alot.

more than what meets the eye
Yearcut
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 14:40
When is it going to release?

Your signature has been erased by a mod. please make it no larger than 9999999 x 9999999
dashgalaxy86
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry I didn't want to search through 30 pages... Is there a script guide out for project blue?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 03:53
@dashgalaxy86:

PBUM comes with a very large manual describing each of the FPI commands added into it. You can find scripting tutorials in the ocfpscguide.pdf document found in your Docs folder.

@Yearcut:

When we feel that it is a stable merge into V116. There also a few new features still in the waiting room for implementation. Patience is a virtue!

The one and only,

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 09:47
@Plystire - I sent you an email. Looking forward to your response

FREE FPSC Billboard Pack: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160850&b=24
Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 18:50
I found a bug which causes an instant crash. If you activate the black and white shader through a script, the game freezes and crashes.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 23:28 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 23:34
Testing the SciFi media that comes with FPSC, some of the walls and the ceiling are completely black or not being lit like they should. There's a cyan light in front of the back wall.

Attached in the next post is the .fpm

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 23:33 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 23:40

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 00:22 Edited at: 8th Dec 2009 00:23
@marc steene : We will look into the issue.

@nickydude : Thanks for the report but this happens in normal Fpsc v1.16 as well so this is not a mod problem, maybe lee will fix it in the newer versions.

Best s4real

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 01:11
Right, does this only happen with the SciFi segments?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 02:03
I've sent a bug request to Lee about it, we'll see what he say's.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 16:35
s4real, the problem has solved itself, it was down to a variable error. I have a question though - I have assigned a bulletpass=1 script to a dynamic entity, but bullets are not going through. It's physics are off and it is immobile. What are the requirements of an entity for bulletpass to work?

Also, how would one go about creating a script which when a key is pressed, a knife is dropped into the players inventory,automatically swung, and then removed again. I have some ideas, but I don't see a way of making the original weapon come back automatically.

Thanks.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 13:22
s4real - the problem is back :S According to the error report, the problem occurs in shaderdata.dll.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Could I speak you on MSN for a minute. For a report of Beta!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 22:52
Quote: "@nickydude : Thanks for the report but this happens in normal Fpsc v1.16 as well so this is not a mod problem, maybe lee will fix it in the newer versions."

Has been confirmed and Lee said it will be rectified somewhere along the line.

Yearcut
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 12:55 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 15:41
Player's Health don't reset once player dies or level changes. How can I fix this?

Please help me

Your signature has been erased by a mod. please make it no larger than 9999999 x 9999999
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nickydude : Thanks for letting us know and hope lee fixes this issue soon.

@marc steene : We don't seem to be having that issue but we still look into it, maybe ply will reply with more info.

@Yearcut : Never had that problem in test's maybe clean your dbo and bin files might solve the problem.

Best s4real

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 16:31
Quote: "@Nickydude : Thanks for letting us know and hope lee fixes this issue soon."

No problemo! I've discovered something else, when trying to change which game to build it doesn't change. What I mean is the default map that would be built is 'Simple.fpm', clicking on that brings up a dialogue box allowing you to select which map to build, all ok so far, but after clicking 'ok' it's still showing the 'Simple.fpm' and builds as the simple map. I cannot get it to change to the map I wish to build.

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 04:00 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 04:03
Hi s4+Ply, I'm not sure if this has happened before but when I change the global settings under "build game", the PB test game does not respond to those changes and keeps them as default (such as changing the skybox or fog). But if I build the game all the changes are used and the game is as I would want it to be.
I really don't want to have to build my game every time I make a change like that just to see one thing I have done.

If there is a way to solve this then that would be great.

BTW I have cleaned dbo and bin files.

EDIT: I have tried with both FPSC 115 and 116 updates to PB, both have this problem.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Have a go at changing the levelsetup.fpi file directly. This would mean that the game cont possibly start without using the settings you want. If you want to know where it is, its in the languagebank\gamebank\mygame.

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 09:42
I have, the setuplevel.fpi gets changed when I do it inside FPSC Project Blue, but it doesn't use the changes that I have made.

I am going to reinstall my Project Blue version of FPSC, and see if that works.
1 question though, when I reinstall PB, can I just copy over my "Files" folder after the reinstall or will that stuff it up somehow.

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 11:50
Don't worry about it anymore, I fiddled around a bit with random stuff (my usual way of fixing stuff is to completely break something then rebuild it bit by bit) and before I had to reinstall POOOF!!! It was fixed. If this problem ever happens to anybody else send me an email and I can help you fix it, because there were many things I had to do and I don't know which one picked the lock so I can't post the solution here. (But what I think might have fixed it was I completely deleted all of my buildgame files in the languagebank\english\gamebank folder(.fpg's) and then deleted the mygame folder and .fpg then copied over the "original_template" to rebuild the "mygame" files.
If that didn't make sense don't worry just email me if it happens to you.

BTW s4real, you said on the 1st post PB doesn't work with FPSC 116, but it does work (and no my problem had nothing to do with 116).

One last thing, when is PB 1.8 coming out roughly.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
In project blue (because it can do more things) is it possible to add animated huds? I was looking at a nuclear explosion an i wondered if it was possible to make one. What would be needed is:

Ambient light level change (possible)
Wind effect (Animated Hud)
Shaking (Airmod Command)
Blur (Motion blur will cover that with an animated hud)
Damaged vision (White Fog decreasing in size using plys variables)

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 15:35 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 15:36
Quote: "I have a question though - I have assigned a bulletpass=1 script to a dynamic entity, but bullets are not going through. It's physics are off and it is immobile. What are the requirements of an entity for bulletpass to work?"

Quote: "@marc steene : We don't seem to be having that issue but we still look into it, maybe ply will reply with more info."

I'm curious about this one as well. I've been unsuccessful in attempts at applying it to characters (though I haven't tried again with 1.8).
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "I have a question though - I have assigned a bulletpass=1 script to a dynamic entity, but bullets are not going through. It's physics are off and it is immobile. What are the requirements of an entity for bulletpass to work?"

Quote: "@marc steene : We don't seem to be having that issue but we still look into it, maybe ply will reply with more info."

I'm curious about this one as well. I've been unsuccessful in attempts at applying it to characters (though I haven't tried again with 1.8)."

isn't the command nobulletcollision=1 ? (or nobulletcol=1)

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 20:43
Bulletpass is Ply's Mod/Project Blue...

Violence isn't the answer, it's the question...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 08:18
There is no "bulletpass" command. I do recall making one and it's likely that it was called "bulletpass", but it's most likely that I removed it and kept the AirMod version which, as hockeykid has pointed out, is called "nobulletcol".

Place "nobulletcol=1" into your entity's script to remove bullet collision from it (Allowing bullets to pass through your entity). Use "=0" to give bullet collision back to the entity.

@Jimmy:

No release date is official for v1.8 of PB. It's possible that very soon, neither s4 nor myself will be able to work on PB for a long time. If that becomes the case, we will likely find one or more people to take over the project for us. It's not our intention to let the project die off.

@Arenas:

There are two ways I can think of to do an animated HUD, one of which is doable in vanilla FPSC. One would be to load up multiple HUDs and swap between them in a script to give the illusion of animation. The other would be to make a decal, and have that decal reposition itself in front of the player, so that the player is always shown the animation.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the newest version of Project Blue compatable with FPS IP?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 21:15
I've noticed in the 'Terrorstrike' map that comes with FPSC that some of the entities really glow, like they're mad of gold! Even with the ambience turned right down (in game using the '<' key) they still appear to glow, see attached.

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nickydude : Yes this happens in normal fpsc as well.

This is a common issue with fpsc but thanks for the report.

Best s4real

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 21:34
I realise dynamic entities 'light up' but I've never had anything glow in the normal FPSC as bright as entities in PB.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 21:42
Actually, swapping back to the original FPSC you're right, the box in the last screenshot does glow (but just slightly less). It must be the way the level lighting is as I've never had anything glow so brightly! Sorry about that.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
np nickydude it is something we liked to fix in future versions if we can.

Best s4real

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 22:22
Strangely on your screenshot Nickydude, it looks like there's some bloom, no?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Is PB IP compatible?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 21:18:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 21:18:48