Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Blue UM edtion official thread

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 22:35
Quote: "Strangely on your screenshot Nickydude, it looks like there's some bloom, no? "

It does but I haven't turned any on, I just loaded the 'terrostrike' map and tested it.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Arenas : sorry Project blue does not support fpsc-ip at the moment.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 23:02 Edited at: 14th Dec 2009 23:03
Hi guys, I was wondering if there is any way to stop the player from taking a weapon if they have the maximum amount of weapons they can carry.
Example: If the player could carry 5 weapons at a time, and the player had those 5 slots taken, they would then walk over to a weapon and pick it up, but could not use it because they have used all of their slots. Is there any possible way to stop them from picking up the weapon, eg. a script makes a hud show and and it says "sorry but your inventory is full", and the script doesnt allow them to pick up the weapon so they would have to drop one of their weapons to get it?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 23:52 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 05:48
@Nickydude:

[EDIT2] Retracting my previous statement. I've been updated on the situation. But the following is still true. [/EDIT2]

Altering ambient lighting won't trigger a lighting update on dynamic entities, and their previous glow will remain until either moved (vanilla and PB), or a dynamic light is toggled (PB only).

[EDIT]
Oh yeah.. Nickydude, if the Bloom is specified in your Mod.ini file, it will load up and be used on start. That may be where your Bloom is coming from.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 23:59
@Jimmy:

Track how many weapons the player has picked up with a variable and check that before picking any more up.

Example pseudo-code:
Is the "PlrWeaponCount" variable equal to 5?
If No:
- Take weapon
- Increase "PlrWeaponCount" variable by 1.
If Yes:
- Display HUD
- Do NOT take weapon

If the player starts with a weapon, have the variable start out at a value of 1, when it's declared (using "dimvar")

If at any point you reset the player's weapons (removing one or all of them) handle the variable appropriately there as well.

The one and only,

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 01:31 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 01:34
Okay 2 things to say...

(1) Thanks for the help Ply but I'm fairly new to scipting and I have next to no idea on how to make and use variables so I'll need a bit of help with that if it's okay (maybe with an example script or even better if you could show me what to do with the variables with my script shown in the next paragraph, then put brackets around the things you edited explaining how to do it so I can do it myself next time).

(2)The reason why I initially asked is because I'm editing a "pickupweapon" script made by DealDeath and given out free, so that in my version when the player walks up to a weapon, it makes a HUD saying press F to take weapon or ENTER to swap currently held item. Then it replaces the weapon if the player pressed enter, and if there is enough space in the inventory (variable problem), the player can just take it. then it has the weapon taken confirmation HUD, plays a sound and the player can walk away, hooray!

So far I have edited the script so it does the same thing as the original (shows "press enter to take weapon", player presses enter, weapon is put in players inventory, sound played and walk away.) except it is written differently.

here is the original script (DealDeath's script):

And here is my unfinished edited version (made it do the same thing):

If anyone can give me a bit of help that would be great. And if you want the script to edit yourself feel free if it helps you, but if you got near what I want to achieve it would be nice to help me do it. (If you use the script for your commercial games I don't mind and DealDeath gave his out for free so he's okay.)

Thanks heaps guys!

EDIT: do i need the "colon/coloff (collision) and decal parts of the script?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Arenas : sorry Project blue does not support fpsc-ip at the moment."

Would it be possible to add in in the next update? According to Knxrb there are just a few lines of code which need to be added to make it compatible. Im not sure if its as simple as that though.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 04:16 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 04:16
It is as simple as that. How do I know? Because I wrote the initial code. Since I wrote it, there's obviously a reason beyond "We can't" as to why it's not in there. Perhaps one of these days that reason will vanish and it'll be implemented, but not before then.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It is as simple as that. How do I know? Because I wrote the initial code. Since I wrote it, there's obviously a reason beyond "We can't" as to why it's not in there. Perhaps one of these days that reason will vanish and it'll be implemented, but not before then."

I wasnt aware that you were the person who wrote it. I was just suggesting that it wouldnt be too hard to inplament. Now that i know that there is a reason, I wont ask until the next release, but i dont see the need to lash out...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 07:18
There was no need to lash out. My apologies.

There is much still needing touching up. Perhaps when all is said and done we may come to a conclusion about it.

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 21:55 Edited at: 18th Dec 2009 22:03
I dunno if this is a bug... I made a level in 1.16 with project blue 1.8 r02... And got this error...

On windows 7 btw...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 22:58
I beleive that Project blue is for 1.15

lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 00:03
I'm pretty sure Red Eye is a beta tester.

"I'll work on my maps for my game... later." Procrastination - It's friggin' awesome.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, Beta testing... Only problem now is,... that it also doest this (on different line obviously) in stock engine...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 10:17 Edited at: 19th Dec 2009 10:17
Resloved... Something with UAC in windows 7...Works like a charm... Awesome this is...

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Could a mod please lock this thread.

Best s4real

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is the thread being locked?

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 01:45 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2009 01:45
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162997&b=21
I suggest you read this.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 01:49
There has been a huge, secret corporate merger of the MOD's and the forum market is in a trading frenzy!

Brian.

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 01:55
Better buy up as many PBUM stocks as I can before they skyrocket.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 01:58
@RED EYE

that image, thats the x10 loading screen xD

@dark peanut

PB is being implanted into Fenix mod as will be free (Im pretty sure it will)

fpsc-world, fpsc fan site
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 02:05
No, it wont be free.
Ply or S4real, could one of you guys send me PBUM?
I am a registered Horror Mod user

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@General Jackson : Me and ply have nothing to do with Project blue anymore you have to wait for blackfox to sort out your copy or email him.

Please note emailing me about Project blue or posting in this thread will be a waste of your time as I dont support PB anymore,please contact Blackfox.

Best s4real

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 02:45
Ok.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
CAN A MOD PLEASE LOCK THIS THEAD.

Thanks

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 06:59
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Requested by thread creator.

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 21:40:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 21:40:24