Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Cranox Mod (Old Dynamic Shadows Mod) - 56k Warning

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 15:57
Looks good mate.

You state in the post though.... "if its inished"

Makes me wonder and I am sure others if you will even finish it. It kinda already looks like you dont plan to finish it by saying this.
I could be wrong though and please dont take offense.

I hope you do a I would love to try it out.
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
well I will finish it but I need to wait for the Map-Eitor Source code which Lee wants to release...

... efxMod Developer!
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Nahh i dont think he will....this is the bad with mods wiiiz,pbum, say if....and both of them did not finished,,,,,,,,

divernika
OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 20:27
I think TGC should hire you to take over the FPSC engine development...

I don't understand why TGC didn't added all of these features before, honestly I'll stick with this mod if turns out well & i won't wait for the merged version...

It's been years since i wanted FPSC to be like this.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 20:44
BEST....MOD.....EVER

This mod needs to be completed at all costs and you should not wait for the map editor source before releasing it for people to start using. There is no indication the map editor source will be released anytime soon.

FPSC is underdeveloped because Lee has so many other products to support. This mod has obviously had some talented people giving it a lot of their time.

Anyway great work. Just hope its not going to waste
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 21:27
Could we theoretically use the exe provided in the download? Or is there functional/permission issues there?

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 22:37
Quote: "Could we theoretically use the exe provided in the download? Or is there functional/permission issues there?"

I tried, but it didn't work out
Lucidx
Years of Service
User Offline
Whens it coming out?

Lucidx
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 23:18
Quote: "I think TGC should hire you to take over the FPSC engine development..."

I agree. Why hasn't TGC recruited some of the Mod Developers yet?

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 00:07
It said in this months newsletter that TGC are planning to make FPSC completely open source so the development community can add features hey haven't had enough time to.

Once the migration work is done FPSC development will largely be in commmunity hands. I imagine FPSC X10 will follow once DBPro X10 is released.

Thats why its even more important Cranox mod is finished and released. You won't see any of the dynamic lighting or shadows featured in the mod added to FPSC by TGC.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 00:10
all who wish this to come out before the map editor source and want TGC to hire Dark Goblin and other moders, say I

I!!!!!!!!!

just joking that would be bumping

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 03:07
Lol, I wouldn't mind the mod coming out before the editor source, but let's not stress Dark Goblin too much.

Anyhow, as for the demo, performance decreased quite a bit with the bloom added, unfortunately. Instead of looking at around 60 FPS, it was around half of it. But it might've been due to the increased default shadow size and object shadows active by default.

Anyhow, considering that you got deffered shading into FPSC, you'll probably get the framerate up higher as well. Very much looking forward to seeing more.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 04:52
How is that stress? Lol, he could just post the .EXE he made to make the build game demo with up.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
well Aaron its not that easy.
You can not just use it with copy and paste.

there are a lot of bugs with building a game for the mod and thats not easy to get rid of them.

to build a game which runs like the demo, you can easily need an hour if the damn thing does not want to load the map.

and because of that there is no alpha release!

... efxMod Developer!
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 05:47
Sorry man I wasn't attacking you, that's just what made sense in my mind.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 10:13
I don't know what's with everybody on the last page saying that underwater refraction looks like a vivid rainbow. I've been underwater in many countries in the world and none of them looked like that. Could you at least make it customizable?

And testers: does this run slower than default FPSC by that much? I thought he said he also did some framerate boosting changes.

This mod is just begging for AirMod.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:17
@Inspire

You could always go into the effectbank and edit the texture...

and it runs at about 3fps for me...although I do only have a mid-range PC...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 21:28
Inspire I already mentioned that people should stop requested airmod. No matter how the person mentions it. Dark is already aware of this and when this mod is ported into v1.15 he shall review the mod and make the decision of intergrated it or not. Leave it at that.

Anyways good work so far Dark keep it up.

[img][/img]

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 21:44 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 21:54
im a little confused about free ware, what does that mean? and what in this mod will be freeware?

also can you give me cranox's boss's email? i wanna talk to him a little about the mods thanks

shadow666
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 23:21
....John cranox wont be intergrated into wizmod. And i know this is the reason for the request of the "boss" email.

And freeware just means free software. Doesn't matter in this case since Cranox Modifikation is going to be released free to the public.

[img][/img]

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 23:27
Quote: "...John cranox wont be intergrated into wizmod. And i know this is the reason for the request of the "boss" email. "

Haha lol

The mod is looking great by the way

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 05:37
lol your right cyclone that is the reason, but i didnt know it was going too be free to the public!!!! thanks!! (to dark goblin and cyclone) will it be open source too (i thought i heard that is was but dont know for sure) (if it is, cant the wizzmod mod (and others) technically manually put its features into their mods?) yay cranox!! lol

shadow666
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 09:11
Sorry Cyclone, I don't even remember posting that.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 09:24 Edited at: 28th Jul 2009 09:53
i'd just like to say that this mod will allow for much more work to be done on my project REALITY-TECH when this mod comes out. i'm not trying to put more pressure, i'm just saying that it is evolutionary

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 09:27
Quote: " (if it is, cant the wizzmod mod (and others) technically manually put its features into their mods?) yay cranox!! lol
"

Of course it could be manually put in, thats how it is done. It doesnt always work like magic, and Cyclone just said Wizmod would not integrate.

J3lack Heart
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 13:46
WOW......This mod looks really good!
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 17:13
Ahahah thanks meteorite for clearing things up there

[img][/img]

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 18:28
awww is there a specific reason they wudnt? (i know it would be hard lol)

shadow666
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 18:46
not that i don't want Cranox mod and wizmod or airmod to be integrated, but i think it's been cleared up and maybe we can talk about what the creators of this mod can do to improve the performance and such. does that sound good?

(wow, i'm starting to sound like a moderator)

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 19:24
Welcome to my world egg head

Anyways John be patient for all we know an agreement could be made in the future than again that is as likely as the migration finishing any time soon

[img][/img]

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 19:36
lol ya i was just wondering about the possibilities, lol thats a good idea so when can we see new vids?

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 23:22
Quote: "maybe we can talk about what the creators of this mod can do to improve the performance and such."

Before that, I would very much like not to fall through the floor, or railings, or ceiling (Yes, I popped through the ceiling and was able enjoy a nice ocean view from atop the level )

If that could be fixed, thent his Mod would be well on it's way regardless of performance.

The one and only,

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 04:28 Edited at: 29th Jul 2009 04:28
how exactly did air mod fix the performance?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 04:44
@Dark Goblin

How soon do you think you can fix the game build bugs to get a public release out before the map editor source is released?

It would be great if we could have a version that can be used now and then update to the optimised version once the map editor source comes out and you've had some time to work with that.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 05:08
thats a good idea

Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 13:50
Quote: "It would be great if we could have a version that can be used now and then update to the optimised version once the map editor source comes out and you've had some time to work with that. "

That would be great!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 21:43
hey, can i emial you with some ideas for the mod!

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:43
well no response so ill jot a few down here

- ragdoll
- seperate bloom options for every light
- flickering flashlight
- puddles
- dynamic character shadows
- that really cool depth shader you had on segmants for characters
-segmant and object reflectivity options

more to come

shadow666
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 05:06
Quote: "- ragdoll
- seperate bloom options for every light
- flickering flashlight
- puddles
- dynamic character shadows
- that really cool depth shader you had on segmants for characters
-segmant and object reflectivity options "

Dude, dont you ask everyone for the same features.?
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 05:09
the only things that i want from this mod is are 3rd person and better performance. but i can do without

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 05:56
- robert lol ya i do include the same features in every list, cause no mod actually has them

shadow666
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 13:13 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 13:14
@john schwarcz:
This is really starting to annoy me. I think you should take a few hours to revise your feature requests, and wait until reality kicks in; because to be honest, It's currently a list populated with unrealistic requests for the FPSC X9 engine. Lets start on your first one shall we:
Quote: "- ragdoll"

Hmmm, and I suppose you think this is a realistic request?!. To enable ragdoll in FPSC, It would require a vast re-code of the ODE physics engine within FPSC (Or a complete swithch to another engine such as 'Newton Physics'. The reason No MOD has this feature is because the complexity of the job involved. If it wasn't so, don't you think someone would of implemented it by now?!?

Quote: "- seperate bloom options for every light"

And I want a golden house filled with chocolate covered hookers, But it's not going to happen. Adding fully functional bloom with no bugs that maintains a decent FPS is hard enough, but A seperate setting for every light.....Not even FEAR 2 has that.

I would go on, but I really cant be bothered. DG is doing a great job as it is on Cranox, why dont you just give him a rest and let him decide what features go into his MOD. Im sure he'd ask you if he wanted help deciding. In the meantime I reccomend you go off and learn how hard it is to program FPSC Mods or shaders (Then you might not be so greedy when you know the work involved)

Rant over

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 14:45
"I want a golden house filled with chocolate covered hookers " - lmao rofl! (i can make that happen)

lol coz i understand that these ideas are really hard (near impossible) to make
. and i dont expect any of them, im just giving ideas, and ya this mod would be amazing with just bloom alone!
sorry again for bothering you, i understand that all of my ideas are extremely hard to create and i dont expect any of them to actually be made i just like to give ideas
(-for the seperate light bloom options, i just didnt think i gave enough ideas so i just added some more lol)
(-for ragdoll, wizzkid was working on it, and even though he didnt finish it, it could have been finished if wizzmod wasnt canceled, and ya wizzkid is amazing cause hes probably one of the only modders who can make ragdoll!! )

( ps: coz! your shaders are amazing! are you making any more? i havent seen any for a while! and as you can see in my messege in other threads i love them! lol)

cranox dont feel like you need to add any features! my suggestions are just things i would think are awsome and i know most of them would take teams of A grade modders to implement, i just like talking lol no but really i just wanna get my ideas out there and since you have made cranox mod almost completly by your self, who knows what you could achieve!

shadow666
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hes"

it is shes

Quote: "one of the only modders who can make ragdoll!!"

Not entirely true.

Quote: " i just like to give ideas"

You got very original ideas, not even i could think about that.

--- Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 15:13
well shes one of the few lol

shadow666
SamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:52
Ok back to topic....... Cranox Mod.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:58
lol where is dark goblin, he hasnt responded for a while...

shadow666
SamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:10
Could be a good thing. He might be working on the mod.
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 21:00
I hope so
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 00:32
Quote: "- ragdoll"

Features in Mods normally tend to be created so that the stock media will be compatible with them. As it is, Lee had to create characters in a "special" way to get the FPSC X10 ragdoll working. Without doing that, it would be very unorthodox to implement ragdoll into FPSC X9. Ability to do so has nothing to do with it.

Quote: "- seperate bloom options for every light"

Hmmm, I think they call that "HDR", and as far as I'm aware, no one has made true HDR using DBP.

Quote: "- flickering flashlight"

This seems to be the only realistic request in your list considering he already has a flashlight.

Quote: "- puddles"

Perhaps there's a reason DG decided to go with the giant water plain, as opposed to the "water boxes" he designed for WizMod.

Quote: "- dynamic character shadows"

Characters don't have shadows? When I saw "Dynamic Shadows", it kinda went without saying that anything that could move would have a dynamic shadow. I bet he excluded characters from the demo because of how they tend to be resource hogs and drag down framerates.

Quote: "- that really cool depth shader you had on segmants for characters"

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it works on characters... since it did work on dynamic entities and characters are dynamic entities.

Quote: "-segmant and object reflectivity options"

This normally falls into the realm of a specular map. If his shader uses one then alter that. It's as close as you're going to get to "reflectivity options".

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 13:58:49
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 13:58:49