Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Bildin' Bloks

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 14:56 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 16:30
...and if that works here's a shrunk Beta 1.2 (1.21) too!!

EDIT: It doesn't unless you have DBP and all the same dll's and attachements in your plugins folder [attachement deleted]

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 09:56
Downloading now!!! I had been waiting to play this game for a long time and eventually stopped following the thread... I am so glad that you didn't give up!

I'm looking forward to playing this and I will let you know how it goes.
(Might be a while, but I will definitely give it a go and come back after I have)

Btw, I for one am not put off by the download size. I've downloaded gigs for indie games, so this is nothing.

The one and only,

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 10:11
@Plystire, I hope you enjoy it! Download the patch from my post on the 12th Jan (about 4 up from here) and it'll save you downloading the whole thing twice for Beta 1.2.

Just patch the game (must be named "Odd Blox Beta 1.1.exe"), rename the patched game "Odd Blox Beta 1.2.exe" then unzip the 1.1 file again to have both versions. This will allow you to test the whole game (more or less... I'm still adding to it!!).

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 16:03
Just a quick update...

Pre-fabs can now be saved with connections:

Sounds added to colliding blocks(velocity dependant) and objects hitting buggies.

Quite a few little bugs picked up and removed.

The Beta's have been downloaded by a few people now (thanks!) and I'm a little anxious to hear what has been found and of course what you all think about the stuff I've added but I'll try to be patient!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 17:27
There is now a "face to face" check for rotating and fixed joints so you can't connect objects that are too far apart (because it looks and acts weird). Also the object you will be connecting to highlights to help when making connections.

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
"Could not load sound at line 1566"

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 12:25
Quote: "Could not load sound at line 1566"

Strange, I don't understand why it won't load that one as it's about the third of a number of "wav" files I made myself. Odd that it's got past the others but not that one...

Which version are you using Beta 1.1 or 1.2?

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Version 1.2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 09:56
@Gunslinger, did you use the patch or the full download? Also did Beta 1.1 work ok if you tried it?

This is one of only a few bugs found so far and I'd like to pin it down... thanks for trying the game out anyway!

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
can you add an option to turn off bloom? and can you make it before the game loads? sorry but i really want to play this and i can't use shaders you don't have to or anything though...

---
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 22:36 Edited at: 26th Jan 2010 22:39
Quote: "can you add an option to turn off bloom? and can you make it before the game loads? sorry but i really want to play this and i can't use shaders"

Bloom is off by default and can be switched on in the display menu or by editing the config file.

EDIT: Try it but you might need to switch off toon fx too if you can't use shaders (on by default)

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
EDIT: Try it but you might need to switch off toon fx too if you can't use shaders (on by default)"

oh, thats what it must be then thanks! i'll try it now

---
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 15:56 Edited at: 1st Feb 2010 22:42
A quick update:
Fixed annoying bug making it impossible to make a 'pre-fab' with pre-fab/s in it!
Made an installer for the game which I designed to be re-useable for other projects. I've made the "Installer" available in my first ever Program Announcements thread below:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164849&b=5

The installer only copies the contents of the folder it is in to the specified location and makes a shortcut on the desktop but I'll build on this (and make updates available for everyone). I'm looking at making a compression dll (in C#) and then from that making a set of tools to compress your data and build the installer at the same time. Ideally I'd like it to be windows based like an "Installer Wizard"...

I'm still testing and making some progress towards finishing "Odd Blox" but work slowed up a lot over christmas!!

EDIT: I'm fairly sure I'll have this finished in the next week or two so there'll be a proper demo and notice in Program Announcements very soon!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 22:00
This game is now finished and I've started a new "Program announcements" thread here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=165349&b=5

The Demo can be downloaded from here:
http://www.filefront.com/15500707/Setup.zip/

...or from my website here where you can also purchase the full version for £9.99 (GBP):
http://www.grot-software.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:51:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:51:04