Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Public Beta V110

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 21:07
Lee, heres the problem Im getting with beta 2
If I can send any other info let me know.

mk83 Productions

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 17:28
@MK83,

Wowzahs,how many disk drives??? Anyway, that's usually a problem with DBO and DBU files as they are the universe files for the level (catch me if I'm wrong Lee). If there's an error with it, it can sometimes be the DirectX not recognising them properly. Considering the fact that you have Windows 7 and DirectX 11 (Or 10.1), you may need to re-install it to clear that problem up. I had that exact problem in X9, installed Supreme Commander (contains the Dx9 patch) and X9 worked again).

Hope I made sense .

-SSG

Windows 7, 3GB RAM, 160GB HDD + 320GB HDD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ATi Radeon Sapphire HD 4550 512MB DDR3 with DirectX 11
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 20:17 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 21:55
@SikaSina Games, thanks for the advice. Strange thing is, that the chateau prefab is the only one Im having trouble with. All other model packs work and all other prefabs work.

EDIT: I took all the windows out of the chateau prefab and test game worked. So it has to be something wrong with the windows in the chateau prefab. But what?????
I built a segment room and there are three windows in the ww2 pack that give the same error. They are Window grand, Window grand fake, and Hole grand.

mk83 Productions
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 02:08
Hi Guys,

I can confirm the WW2 window issue, so I will check that out in BETA4 (and if I forget I am sure you will remind me for BETA5) This window frame issue must have happened after the original V1, should be able to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for confirming the bug also!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 02:22
BETA3 is now live so grab your download and check it out. I ran off the end of the working week before I was 100% happy with the save/load stuff but lots more data retained now and just a case of tweaking the transitioning. Some things to note which I will deal with Tuesday onwards:

1. Dynamic lights state does not get updated when load a saved game
2. Direction of characters is wrong due to the DarkAI system
3. Saving the game while crouching can cause a reload through a floor
4. Not tested transitions back and forth between multiple levels

For now, I'm pretty pleased with the weeks fixes, and I look forward to spreading some more X10 joy next week.

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 09:29 Edited at: 16th Jan 2010 09:32
i have bug on beta 3.

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,66Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 03:10
A 'little' more info...

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 08:56
The error I install beta3 from the test level single player and multiplayer games

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,60Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3

Attachments

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 21:31
Heya lee, I may have a couple of bugs for you, not sure if you are aware. When inside the ventilation shaft everything around you disappears including the ventilation shafts. Same goes with fake walls. Enemy entity's using Dark AI will NOT follow you up a stair case. I have been told only neutral and way points. So if you run past an enemy and up a stair case they will not follow. Importing custom outside maps from T.E.D works fine, however entities will NOT move around. They also will NOT spawn in the area you put them in on the editor, looks like they fly across the map. Also putting a player start marker on an entity like that makes you spawn in the air and fall down. Just some heads up, I can make a video if you would like. Using version 1.09

"I haz no sig :o"
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee, i can confirm the bug with the ventilation shaft. But i found another problem. Now if you place a static light, the dynamics objects in front of it are too lit. It happens only with the statics lights. see the attachment.
@Soviet176
if you make waypoint over the stair the enemy will come up if you go upstair

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 16:19
great job so far lee i was wondering could make a custom shader for bond1 water effects. so the pack38 water deco can work in x10. since you did add another shader.

more than what meets the eye
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 16:59
Thanks for the comments, I will crack on with BETA4 now and get through the last 5-10 issues before we can finish off V110 as a good build. Here is my task list:

1. Dynamic lights state does not get updated when load a saved game

2. Direction of characters is wrong due to the DarkAI system

3. Saving the game while crouching can cause a reload through a floor

4. Not tested transitions back and forth between multiple levels

5. WW2 window issue

6. When inside the ventilation shaft everything around you disappears including the ventilation shafts (and fake walls, any in default media?)

7. If you place a static light, the dynamics objects in front of it are too lit (tried halving the intensity of both intersecting lights?)

Also, some responses:

Tomik18 : I loaded simple.fpm and arena.fpm, both worked fine in test game. I will need more specific information to reproduce this bug.

Soviet176 : As TDA suggests, adding a waypoint that goes up the stairs will allow the enemy to use that path. External assets imported will not support the full range of features built into the default assets. Collision is optimized for segment recognition, not static entities (which also explains the spawn issue which requires an area to stand on). Placing segment floors down, then placing the static entity floor 'just above' the segment floor might work, but no guarentees.

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, I have reduced the light range only to 450 and the illumination of the dynamics objects became normal. Another thing, I have tried the fake walls and I have no problems.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 23:35
Hi Guys,

Find BETA4 which fixes the remaining issues reported. Please let me know what else X10 is doing to misbehave itself. In the meantime I will tinker some more, and do post if you find something amiss, especially if it was some functionality that worked fine in V109 and is broken in V110 as these are the most upsetting. Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy the beta.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 23:48
Quote: "Please let me know what else X10 is doing to misbehave itself"

Will do

And I will make sure its disciplined properly if it does

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 01:36
Ok, I actually have no idea how just setting a way point up the enemy will follow you. For instance, when I am running in one of my levels you run past a guard and up a stair case, when he goes to turn around follow and engage he gets stuck on a stair case. So your saying that if I put a random way point on the stair case the AI will use it? also will collision ever be optimized for static entities? Or is there a way to turn the terrain into a segment? (I have tried this lol and failed) Thanks lee!!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 14:49
Soviet176 : I have added a new FPM to BETA5 which demonstrates enemies going up stairs and how they avoid static entities like obstacles (they will not walk over them by design

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet176
simply make with the waypoint a path that starts at the botton of the stair and ends upstair

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 18:17
Im not on L.s.d But dont it seems like this guy flies away after being shoot at !!!?
I recognized this after the last update (beta4)
must be a bugg!?
Look in the viewer!
R

Attachments

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 23:31
Quote: "I have added a new FPM to BETA5 which demonstrates enemies going up stairs and how they avoid static entities like obstacles (they will not walk over them by design"

That is awesome lee!!! will this new FPM use the dark AI? so like will your team mates shoot the bad guy? also that's awesome news on he collision!! I think a lot of us wanted that. I can't wait to hear what else you do with that system. Thanks lee. I will report and more bugs I see.

Quote: "Im not on L.s.d But dont it seems like this guy flies away after being shoot at !!!?"

LMFAO!! that's an epic pic

Zychu
Years of Service
User Offline
no ragdoll in 1.10 beta 4 ???????
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 01:24
Quote: "no ragdoll in 1.10 beta 4 ???????"

End user

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 22:05 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2010 22:09
hi well its good things are cooking but i found a bug

medieval model pack,
my characters run animations stop and the characters advance as if in floating stasis. most animations work until they advance on you.

also the anti grav platform follows waypoints well and staying on them while moving is fantastic and rising up one level and back down

but no matter what, above two levels from the default level the platform will not follow any waypoints.

cheers

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
JBoy77
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: The dark path to righteousness is where you'll find me...
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 20:24 Edited at: 25th Jan 2010 20:27
Ever since I downloaded update 1.09 I swim slower, don't sink when I surface, and dive really slow. How can I fix this?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 00:17
heya lee, may have another bug for you. This one is interesting. Never seen it before until the beta 4 update. This has happend multible times, I was just running around. The screen would turn blue, no matter how much you move or look around it stays blue. It's odd. I did not change anything (like the skybox) one time I looked to my left and it happend. One time I jumped at a pillar it happend. One time I was in a sewer and walked into a wall it happend. It is weird. Posted a screen shot.

Attachments

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 00:21
o.O

Blue screen of death inside a program o.O

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 13:06 Edited at: 27th Jan 2010 13:12
hello again, my fantasy characters just dissapear when killed no dropping or smoke or blood and no ragdoll either, they instantly dissapear like frodo when he puts on the ring of power.
so far its only problems with model pack 20, 21 although im a fantasy based designer so its dampened my designing a bit.

until the betas my characters worked fine (esp ragdoll death of orc his head came off). i read the beta 3 changes and confused. are model packs mentioned void of ragdoll forever?

cheers

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 16:11 Edited at: 30th Jan 2010 16:47
PROBLEM SOLVED, HAD TO MANY EXPLORER WINDOW OPEN

Ive just installed it and updated to latest, when I tested a simple map I got so much lag, I never got this lag when I had vista.

Also, the resource metre said that my framerate was 300 so i dont really understand that

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 16:45
Quote: "Got A prob here :

Ive just installed it and updated to latest, when I tested a simple map I got so much lag, I never got this lag when I had vista.

Also, the resource metre said that my framerate was 300 so i dont really understand that

EDIT :

It seems that its the camera lagging, the surroundings are absolutely fine"

I can confirm this... the performance has dropped a lot in beta 4

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 16:48
Quote: "I can confirm this... the performance has dropped a lot in beta 4"

Edited top post, seems to be cause I had about 10 explorer windows open doing loads of different tasks

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 22:07
Nope it's true, I am getting 4 frames a second in a map that has legit 0 dynamic objects 0 static or dynamic lights, the only thing I put in is static entity's and segments. I find this really odd, if I look backwards the meter says 200-300 as soon as I look forward I drop to nearly 4 frames a second. I am posting a couple of pictures to show some of the areas I lag in, the performance has been destroyed nearly completely I have no windows open at the moment. I can play crysis on ultra and get 60 FPS so it's not my computer... Also note that most of these pictures were taken not even 5 steps in front of others. So it's definitely the engine. I have put a lot more crap into some of my games and ran it beautiful. It's just the update.

here are the pics:
http://img31.imageshack.us/g/62201625.png/

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 03:51
1) What are your specs ?
2) Are you running any CPU hogging programs ?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 19:14 Edited at: 31st Jan 2010 19:41
Quote: "1) What are your specs ?
2) Are you running any CPU hogging programs ?"

Not at all, I wipe my computer every week for a fresh install, my specs are:

AMD 955 denab quad core 3.2 ghz
Asus m4a79XTD evo mobo
500 WD hdd
(swapped my ATI 5870 out to go back to my nvidia GTX285)
6GB of OCZ dominator ram after flashing bios, at 1600 stacked.

This computer molests crysis and FPSC x10. All my drivers are updated I am OCD when it comes to updates. The other levels I made which have like 20x more stuff than the level I posted runs smoothly with no jitters or lag at all. Only until I made this with beta 4 did it give me such a problem. Interesting.

**Edit for Lee**
I didnt want to double post, but I found more bugs I think, I have taken screen shots of them. One is something that has been happening to me a lot, it looks as though it de-renders everything when you look or stand a certian way, I have put the link up of two different screen shots 1. The de-rendering and 2. What it looks like before de-rendering. The second bug is in beta 4 I cannot hear you walking in the water, its quiet but you can hear yourself get out. Third is not default media from FPSC but I think it has something to do with going up levels. I was walking up a stair case on an entity and it would not let me go up the rest of the way. Though when I got onto another building and jumped down onto the roof I could walk down. Oh I also have ran the x10 cleaner like 50 times lol.

here they are.
http://img19.imageshack.us/g/cantwalkupstaircase.png/

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 19:47 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2010 00:10
@Lee

Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into X10. Can't wait to try out the next beta!

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 20:40
Is there a way to enable ragdoll physics for model pack characters? (I'm using model pack 4)

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 23:12
Hey lee I was wondering if you could put support in for custom shaders, all the shaders I have wont work in x10 or does this need to be coded in with dark basic x10?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 01:40
@Soviet176

Lee added a new custom shader in v110 beta 2 which you can play around with

Quote: "* Added new USER folder to EFFECTBANK and created a sample green-tint custom shader based on SIMPLE.FX"

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
the elevator lift top(platform)is selected and then you test the game and get near it it will all turn blue
Notunknown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:22
When I try to test a game I get an error:
This application has failed to start because d3dx10_40.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I then click the FPSCX10 Setup located in the Disc and I click remove then OK then I get the error:
InstallSheild (R) Setup Engine has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available
What do I do?
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 19:59
When reinstalling, make sure that your CD is in the disc drive.

I think that's a DirectX 10 bug. Reinstall DirectX 10. You can find the latest version on Microsoft's website.

Google it.

---on the other hand---

Anyone have a solution for this?
Quote: "Is there a way to enable ragdoll physics for model pack characters? (I'm using model pack 4)"

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 03:20
@nomad soul

I was planning on buying evolved shaders, the same ones he uses in corvus mod. They don't work, thats why I wondered if we could use custom shaders because they are in .fx format. Would be nice... so we can tap out the true performance over x9.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 17:32
@Soviet176

Unfortunately X9 shaders can't be 'imported' into X10 because X10 shaders have to be compiled with shader model 4 code.

I don't think there is any backwards compatibility planned so you would need to learn shader model 4.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 19:40
Quote: "Unfortunately X9 shaders can't be 'imported' into X10 because X10 shaders have to be compiled with shader model 4 code."

True but :

1. @Sovient176

you can get evolved shaders free if you download his Source codes

2.@Nomad Soul

Evolved shaders arn't for fpsc, they were designed for dark basic pro

immortal
Years of Service
User Offline
my water wont work after this update
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 17:17
Go into the preferences and make sure that "Water Default Height" is on

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 17:35 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 17:36
Well it seems like the bugs are getting more and more!!
After eatch RC ,it seems like the most important thing is to sell to us via tgc store!Anyhow the things there are still a mine for the X9 fpsc users! not for us X-10 user!!
It cant go on like this year in year out!
people are losing there interest in fpsc things!
When can we sit down with the pc and really make a game without many bugs !
PS!
Dont attack me now cause i said what i wanted!
Cheers
R
immortal
Years of Service
User Offline
the "Water Default Height" is on
and every time i reopen x10 it say its fpsc free after i re enter the key it work fine now ... where are the probleme??
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 19:13
The problem is that the game creator will make us slaves under the X-9!
X-9 is a better seller than X-10!
but it will be a laugth after almost everyone got the windows 7 !
What a nigthmare for TGC
R
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 15:15
@ricwid

We've all expressed frustration at times with the current state of FPSC X10. However I think the latest v110 beta Lee is providing does address a lot of the more significant issues.

The industry as a whole haven't been in a rush to adopt directx10 and there are very few games which actually require it. I think the migration work TGC are doing is the right approach as directx10 should really be more of an optional extra for games rather than a requirement.

FPSC X9 is in a really good space at the moment and I would recommend doing any serious development work on that platform until X10 has been migrated.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
nomad have you checked out the migration thread in the last few days? if not do so.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 14:05:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 14:05:51