Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Public Beta V110

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
some one have soltions for my probleme?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 16:53
@ immortal, unistall FPSC and all the updates (if they show up) try re-installing and go to "help" and update to 1.09. Then download the latest 1.10 update and install.

"I haz no sig :o"
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 17:20 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 17:22
Hey Lee, I was just looking at this thread with an old pic from the tech demo in http://www.nzone.com/docs/IO/36967/screenshot1.jpg

(Not gunna make it a image cause its pretty big)

I was wondering, could you make that a togable feature in the editor cause that would be sooooo sweet

Oh, and also a DoF feature togable aswell cause I would rly like top create some games with dof ^^

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 19:50 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 22:30
By the way Lee ,when youre talking bout updates in FPSC-X10
you may understand that we need models in high class !
not x-9 models style!anymore!
We been upgrading our systems to work in X-10
So we are waiting for you to fix it !
2 month then ill get it out of my systems!!!
Comprende!
R
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 20:44
Quote: "Comprende!"

You're being very rude, he doesn't have to do what you want. He's doing whatever work he can, and if the features that you want don't make it into an upgrade, that's too bad but "threatening" to stop using the product isn't going to get anything done faster.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 20:56 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 20:57
Quote: "I dont give a toss!"

I don't give one about you either. I smell a mod slap coming...
Quote: "Comprende!"

No, no comprendo senor, te odio muchos...

Seriously, if you want to criticise FPS creator, do it nicely, not like "0mG I iz s00 un4a9py w1v f 95 c! i leef nuw!". If you need help, ask nicely, and if you want high quality models, make your own or try other people's media *hint hint FPSC - Model and Media area hint hint* .

Quote: " that's too bad but "threatening" to stop using the product isn't going to get anything done faster."

You took the words straight out of my mouth xD. Back on topic anyway, I'm happy the dynamic lights are working now, I kept thinking it was my graphics card . Great work Lee, nice to see X10 getting back into shape.

-SSG

Windows 7, 3GB RAM, 160GB HDD + 320GB HDD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ATi Radeon Sapphire HD 4550 512MB DDR3 with DirectX 11
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 22:01 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 22:30
im not being rude at all!
ive changed to X-10 cause i was promised it would work great!
cause X-9 was a poppy thing ive been on since 2006
So i feel 'cheesed' off a bit!
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 22:05
Even if im being slapped for 40 days youre the loser!
im at least honest What are you ?????????????
R
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 22:08 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 22:30
Removed
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 22:28
Quote: "Even if im being slapped for 40 days you're the loser!"

Then how about a 7 day ban?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 22:53
I'm sorry ricwid but that is the most immature thing i've ever seen, extremely rude to many people. I have been with FPSC X10 since the beginning and although im not around very much FPSC X10 has come a long way, Lee and the rest of the TGC team are very busy you cannot demand updates they are not your right. TGC can just as well refuse to do any (although that would be very bad dont do it). Deal with it be happy with what you have, if your not someone that is patient and can work around problems until they are fixed then Game creation is not for you, problems are around every corner its the way PC's work get used to it. Oh and SikaSina is British (i think he knows what country hes from) he lives very close to me and you are very very rude. Hope i never hear of you again.

Well done SikaSina well handeled.

ON-TOPIC: Lee great improvements i will be trying out a few of these updates soon.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 23:01
Thanks for the backup mate . SO yeah ricwid, 2 votes to me being human, what're your odds? Proved. I'm not your typical newbie user, I've been on many online services where I've had to face offences towards me in some aspect, and you know what? I had fun defending myself! Just like now. There's always one word at the end of a chat or even a fight, and it's called: Goodbye!

-SSG

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 23:14
ricwid has been permanently banned, let that be the last of it and now please keep it on topic.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 23:48
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 16:34
Hi Guys,

I figured it would let the X10 beta thread play around with BETA4 for a while, just to see what new issues pop up. I have made some feedback below (mainly calls for more info). The only issue I can act on since my last post was the one from Science Boy (medieval pack misbehaving and anti-grav platforms not following waypoints after 2 levels). Here is my feedback:

JBoy77 : In V109 we fixed the water movement so that it is not based on cycles, but time which means it is now consistent no matter how fast the frame rate is going. Prior to V109, the water movement was bugged.

Soviet176 : I need to reproduce the blue screen or I cannot fix. You will need to provide me with the FPM of the level that shows this issue, and a step by step of what I need to do to reproduce. Also tell me which model packs you are using as we do not have sewer graphics in the default media for X10?

science boy & JohannesM : Model Packs where never designed for ragdoll, and to retain functionality we added code to ensure model pack characters do not attempt to use ragdoll. There should be no expectation of new features or enhanced functionality when using model packs in X10, merely that they perform as close to X9 as possible.

Squalker : I cannot detect a change in performance between beta3 and beta4. Can you provide an FPM and a step by step of how you compared beta3 with beta4, and give me your frame rate results on both tests. Also provide specs of your system so I can do a relative comparison with my own system as it could be hardware related.

Soviet176 : Please attach your screenshots to your post as JPG files. The links you provided are broken. Just as a note before I can study your screenshots, if you are getting good framerate and then drop right down, ensure that part of your level has no holes to the outside universe as this can often result in the engine rendering the whole exterior structure and slowing you down.

Soviet176 : There are no plans to enhance shader support in X10, nor support earlier shader model 1/2/3 as used in X9. You do have access to customised shaders, but you will need to study the 'customeffect' example and remember you have to use Shader Model 4.0 that conforms to the basepool.FX shader code provided for compatibility with the X10 engine.

Nilloc : Please provide an FPM, and a step by step how I can reproduce this blue screen. Also indicate if you are using any third party or model pack media in this level.

Notunknown : Please install the latest version of DirectX to avoid the d3dx10_40.dll error.

immortal : Please provide an FPM, and a step by step describing exactly what you expected to see and what you actually saw. Also provide a shot showing the missing water and let me know if this is a fresh X10 installation or if the files have been manually modified in any way. As to the serial code issue, ensure you are running in Administrator mode and that you installed in Admin mode too, and also ensure UAC is switched off. If you are using FPS Creator X9 at the same time as X10, this may cause your code to be wiped. Alternatively, try entering your code inside USERDETAILS.INI so you do not have to enter it manually each time.

Bigsnake : The tech demo was a very early prototype, and some features did not make it into X10. We are not planning to add any new features to X10, instead focusing on stability and consistency.

If you find an issue, the best three bits of information I can use is an FPM, a screenshot and a series of steps I can use to reproduce. There might even be a fix in it for you

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 17:52 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 17:56
hey lee i have no known issues that these guys are having im waiting for the final version. i feel its ready because you fix the main things that needed to be fix. i want to build a game with this so bad but beta does not allow you. as far as weapons go issues are not fpsx10 its the models. as i will say again all models work with x10 the fact is fpsx9 overrides the models issues things like broken uvmaps or weapon dont appear. these issues are the models. how do i know? i fix by put back in a 3d model program like milkshape. keep in mind x9 has alot of issues compare to x10. fps x10 is more stable than fpsx9. mods make the bugs worst. this is why lee does not release a source code he want to keep x10 stable. there is no performance issues with fpsx10 i have test 1.10 beta4 the only thing it does is set your fpsx10 to free that it.one of fpsx9 bugs. as stable as fpsx10 is it should be a standalone program. the migreation can only make more issues.

more than what meets the eye
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 18:48
BETA5 uploaded resolving the issues with floating legacy model pack characters and I have also added a sample FPM to show how to create long reaching upward waypoints for anti gravity platforms. Great fun! If you can feedback on the other issues I raised, we can take a closer look at any remaining issues and then I think we are good to release.

If you are aware of any model issues in X10, that you feel should work (such as buying a model pack and wanting to use it with X10) then post here before we start closing off this beta. To bring X9 store models into X10, simply log into the store (registration is free), then set the filter to allow all items to be viewed and then select the free models from the TGC category. The theory is that most should import and work fine, otherwise let us know.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 20:08 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 16:58
i have test some store items they work find here is some pics of them.pack 38 beta110.5

cheesecake cars from store and rust cans from free items. download they work fine. no problems. i will test out more. all eai weapon work i cant show the pics of weapon that work cause the hud does not show up in the pics.

more than what meets the eye

Attachments

Login to view attachments
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee, could you allow segments to load automatically normal and specular map without edit the .fpe with the shader's info? this will make the process faster

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 21:12 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 21:18
Quote: "science boy & JohannesM : Model Packs where never designed for ragdoll, and to retain functionality we added code to ensure model pack characters do not attempt to use ragdoll. There should be no expectation of new features or enhanced functionality when using model packs in X10, merely that they perform as close to X9 as possible."

I used the Model Pack 4 characters before with ragdoll physics and they worked fine. I understand why you wanted to remove the feature but was it really that neccessary? Is there a way for me individualy to change it back?

-JM

P.S: The "police car" entity from the Game Creator store works in X10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 21:25 Edited at: 16th Feb 2010 20:24
Hey lee, I decided to scrap my single player levels. They were not good anyway, so I think I am going to make multiplayer maps from now on. I know you were not planning on any new features, and I am sure you hear this a lot, but would it be to much to ask if you could add rag doll to multiplayer? as you know most of the new online shooters have it. I think it would make multiplayer 100% awesome for FPSC users. It would be much appreciated around the forum. I am also getting the de-rendering problem a lot. I have posted some screens.

Thank you for all the work you are putting into FPSC x10 lee.

**Edit** Looks like a mod deleted them, I had no time to post new ones with the suggested resolution, I am sorry for how big they were I run 3 screens for eyefinity. Don't even worry about it lee. Again it's probably my own stupid doing. Still if you ever thinking about adding a little something new rag doll in multiplayer would be so awesome I cannot even tell you.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 17:00
Could you please resize those pictures to a smaller size Soviet176 so people don't have to scroll left and right to read posts.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 04:41
Oh sorry nickydude should have known that was going to happen, is there a way I can size these?

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 18:25
If you use imageshack.us to upload the images, it has a built in image resizer.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 19:00 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 19:05
hello, i was also wondering if you would keep rag doll for x10 users as an option. put in the ragdoll for the final update ever for x10, you spend time on making it, and we love it as im not into mr ben shop keeper type deaths (as in just vanish, no death, fall, splat or dust just gone).

in other words. the final ever update for x10 before it combines in the migration, can you put the ragdoll optional for that?, then we get the finished working x10 creator with ragdoll etc. then for the migration lose it, as that is what i believe is happening, this way x10 users get a final x10 and if want a different updatable version then only option is migration. this way i get what i paid for and happy and if i want anything else then i can get that differently, plus a message in the store for ragdoll users explaining that any crashes etc they not responsible, and just leave the updates left on a download page. then all happy no real issues and no more complaints.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok sometimes when testing my game the screen will just change blue avery update on the beta has not fixed this so please fix it and beta 6 its making it hard for me to test my game!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2010 05:03 Edited at: 15th Feb 2010 05:07
Quote: "Ok sometimes when testing my game the screen will just change blue avery update on the beta has not fixed this so please fix it and beta 6 its making it hard for me to test my game! "

Yea I am getting that to, lee says it may be because of 3rd party items, though I have been only using model pack 36, what models are you using? it is a bit frustrating.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
im using a wrench and led light off of the store along with pipes bloodstains and characters
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2010 20:00
Hi Lee.

I found a small problem I do not know if it has been reported/pending or fixed.

Having water at just above crawl height and crouching and then standing up again results in the fog used underwater to briefly show above water.

Thanks wizardofid.

"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2010 22:17 Edited at: 15th Feb 2010 22:46
Talking about water fog, there was one problem I encountered that I forgot to post. When you go underwater, if your a few MM under you see a blue fog overlay, even if the fog is at 0 or a different colour.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
lee please hold off finishing beta till i have my new hard drive installed. my hd crashed n burned so may not be able to give feedback for over a week. if you cant wait then i understand. but as i said fantasy pack dont have a dying sequence (orc ogre goblin etc) its a paul daniels death scene. not very good for realness infact i laughed. but i never got to check out beta 5 yet.
cheers

science boy.

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 19:46
Please fix the bug DBProBasic2D10.dll when run the exe game

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,60Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 20:27
Quote: "Please fix the bug DBProBasic2D10.dll when run the exe game"

Go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your 9600 GT. When done go to

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Even though is says Dx9C dont worry it will give you dx10. Make sure that your OS is updated. If this all fails, uninstall FPSC x10 and all your model packs/updates. Re-install FPSC x10 and update it to 1.10. Then install model packs. Run FPSC x10 as administrator.

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 00:30
Quote: "Go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your 9600 GT. When done go to

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Even though is says Dx9C dont worry it will give you dx10. Make sure that your OS is updated. If this all fails, uninstall FPSC x10 and all your model packs/updates. Re-install FPSC x10 and update it to 1.10. Then install model packs. Run FPSC x10 as administrator."

did not help me: (

2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 01:08
Here is some feedback on the posts so far:

the dark ale : Sorry there are no plans to alter the segment loader. There may be a solution for you in the near future though, watch this space

JohannesM : I know the removal of ragdoll on the legacy model packs was debatable, but trading standards would have us delivery what was been purchased and the only safe solution was to restore legacy behaviour. That said, if you really want ragdoll back, simply move the item into the user folder and delete the NORAGDOLL field from the FPE and after deleting all BIN and DBO files, you should get ragdoll back on that character. Good luck!

Soviet176 : There are no plans to add ragdoll to multiplayer at this time.

science boy : Ragdoll has not been removed, just disabled on legacy model packs that where never supposed to have them. See the workaround above if you really want to enable ragdoll for old model pack characters.

Nilloc & Soviet176 : I cannot reproduce this blue screen issue. Without more information I cannot assist.

wizard of id : Yes that has been in for some time, and not really noticed by most X10 users. It relates to the shader rendering order, where the fog is not 100% in sync with the camera position. If this issue causes your game to suffer, you can push the fog distance right back so the visual glitch is reduced.

Tomik18 : Without more information we cannot assist.

Since my last post there have been no show stopper bug reports, which is good. I am assuming everyone is happy with X10 handling of store items, which is also good. I will keep the beta thread open the rest of this week and the weekend, and if there are no explosions by this time next week we shall go for a release.

For those of you still suffering a few niggles after V110, or want to see more development on X10, then I am pleased to say that I am warming to the idea of packaging up the entire development kit for FPS Creator X10 and releasing it to anyone who would like to try their hand at modding. The kit would naturally include the special DirectX 10 variant of DBP, the V110 source code and any supporting materials to get you up and running. The kit won't be for the faint hearted, but I think there will be a few users out there with the right stuff to knock out some very cool extras. If you think that is you, check out the last newsletter on how to get set up in GoogleCODE and TortoiseSVN as these will be your keys into the wonderful world of X10 modding. As a footnote, I just want to add that this is not confirmed, I just wanted to give you a glimpse into one possible future.

If anyone is experienced in SVN (Subversion), DBP coding and uses FPSC X10, and would like to help me make a stronger X10, please email lee@thegamecreators.com. I might have something for you

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 08:05
here is images on the bug

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/bug1g.jpg/

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/bug2pt.jpg/

2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee your a legend and a heck of a good guy. and thanks for explaining ragdoll info. when i get my new hard drive ( dont get a seagate barracuda, i had nothing but trauma, then it died)i will excitedly upload and go mental and then mess with the new updates, excited about the platform and rags return, and if any errors i will be quick with them. i did notice some odd things in past like water horizon only works 3 sides and my shader effect me made n,s,d mapped is a bit dodge but i think thats me and my bad designing,

but again thankyou

your a star

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 21:36
Hey Lee. I have some bug reports mostly on the Dark AI with some that might not even be classified as bugs.

-Dark AI Enemies and Allies don't create blood decals and bullet holes when shooting.

-When I shot enemies, a dust decal animated over it's wound instead of a blood decal.

-The AI is very smart, but one time in a small battlefield I created, I went to hide behind a crate and then one of my allies went to take cover in that same spot I was in, so he shoved me out of the way and I almost fell through the map. I don't really know if this is something worth reporting or if it is able to be improved.

-Also, I saw some of my allies shooting through each other. One was behind another and was shooting through that ally and hitting it's target. Again, I don't know if this is something worth reporting and I don't know if this can be fixed as well.

-When I gave an enemy 3 lives and 100 health, he never respawned after I killed him the first time (it could be because I am using the ragdoll patch).

-Is the texture array feature supposed to work on characters that don't have the "X10" symbol on them in the editor? I know that some of the non-X10 character such as the Thug have multiple textures, but giving them a random array doesn't work.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 22:14
Quote: "Soviet176 : There are no plans to add ragdoll to multiplayer at this time."

alright. I suppose I can make due, how hard would it be to code something like this? or is there like a way I can go around it, kinda like what you said for the legacy thing?

Quote: "I am pleased to say that I am warming to the idea of packaging up the entire development kit for FPS Creator X10 and releasing it to anyone who would like to try their hand at modding. The kit would naturally include the special DirectX 10 variant of DBP, the V110 source code and any supporting materials to get you up and running. The kit won't be for the faint hearted, but I think there will be a few users out there with the right stuff to knock out some very cool extras. If you think that is you, check out the last newsletter on how to get set up in GoogleCODE and TortoiseSVN as these will be your keys into the wonderful world of X10 modding. As a footnote, I just want to add that this is not confirmed, I just wanted to give you a glimpse into one possible future.
"

Now this is very interesting and I am actually really excited, with this I can start to work on mods for things. Maybe even code my own ragdoll for MP (not really I suck) small things I can do. I would love to see this lee. However I have seen nothing wrong bug wise yet.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 22:16
@Lee
okay thanks.I tried the new beta, however I might have a problem with the sync rate but I would need to test that a bit more to confirm.

However I have found some thing new.When quickly turning around in water at knee height with either full water effects or with no effects the turning around part is choppy, frame rate was at 180 with no effects and 70 with effects.To make sure I went one level up and did the same and it was smooth with the player not being in the water.

"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 16:23
Quote: "I went to hide behind a crate and then one of my allies went to take cover in that same spot I was in, so he shoved me out of the way and I almost fell through the map"

Team mate Fail xD

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 20:40 Edited at: 20th Feb 2010 05:39
Darn right my teammate failed lol. Anyway I found another very minor bug: Gun pickups and guns held by characters don't cast shadows.

Also, is it possible we can get any information on the darkai.fpi commands such as ifweapon=2, ifweapon=3, dodarkai=3, dodarkai=4, etc.?

EDIT: Another very minor bug: DarkAI allies and enemies' idle animations sometimes freeze. Maybe I should stop posting all these very minor bugs...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 00:38
Thanks Lee

The new beta is shaping up very nicely

Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 05:47
I posted this in X10 and was told to put it here. I don't think it relates, but you never know. (Yes, I am using the Beta)

"I was making an Arena game when I noticed that walls I created were not showing up, but the same ones (I used the exact same wall) were. Also, I have 5 start characters to choose from, but only 2 are showing up when I test it. In the options, I have 5 players as the max selected. Can anyone tell me what is going on?"

[Insert Signature Here]

http://www.LanKingProductions.com/
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 13:36
Quote: "For those of you still suffering a few niggles after V110, or want to see more development on X10, then I am pleased to say that I am warming to the idea of packaging up the entire development kit for FPS Creator X10 and releasing it to anyone who would like to try their hand at modding. The kit would naturally include the special DirectX 10 variant of DBP, the V110 source code and any supporting materials to get you up and running. The kit won't be for the faint hearted, but I think there will be a few users out there with the right stuff to knock out some very cool extras. If you think that is you, check out the last newsletter on how to get set up in GoogleCODE and TortoiseSVN as these will be your keys into the wonderful world of X10 modding. As a footnote, I just want to add that this is not confirmed, I just wanted to give you a glimpse into one possible future."

This I look forward to...

@LEE I discovered the slowed down in performance I was experiencing was coming from having Explorer windows open while running a test game..... So it seem windows explore was the source of the drop in frame for me .... if have all explorer windows closed when running atest game I get no lag..

Also things seem pretty good right now with V110..

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 04:11
Got a problem

i can create levels as large as they come...with everything on high and get a good FPS. Until after i did all dat...and i add even 1 enenmy or even a neutral charcter...after da test game is builded and is about to start....CRASHED...FPSC-Game.exe needs to close...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 14:16
Quote: "and i add even 1 enenmy or even a neutral charcter"

Are you using characters from a model pack? If so make sure you're using ones from the X10 installer and you didn't just copy the X9 versions.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 20:15
Quote: "
"I was making an Arena game when I noticed that walls I created were not showing up, but the same ones (I used the exact same wall) were. Also, I have 5 start characters to choose from, but only 2 are showing up when I test it. In the options, I have 5 players as the max selected. Can anyone tell me what is going on?"
"

lee I can confirm this, since I scraped my Single player games and started to play with multiplayer I added 4 (juggernaut) default media enemy's and I can only choose two of them during test game. I have went into build game and switched max players to 8 still wont work.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 20:34
Quote: "I added 4 (juggernaut) default media enemy's and I can only choose two of them during test game"
Give each entity a new name and you will have 4 different one to choose from it is the same for X9

DiViNiTY
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Lee Bamber,

can you provide a Fps x10 BETA 1.10 for the German version?
I want to try BETA 1.10.

Thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 06:55:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 06:55:20