Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Public Beta V110

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 03:03
I did give each one a new name. It didn't make a difference.

[Insert Signature Here]

http://www.LanKingProductions.com/
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 03:39
Quote: "Are you using characters from a model pack? If so make sure you're using ones from the X10 installer and you didn't just copy the X9 versions."

Nope. All Stock...Depending On Level Size...the level whould have to be really small...like 5x9 with 1 layer only small

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
* Added 'GS08-EnemyClimbingStairs.fpm' to mapbank samples to demonstrate enemy climbing stairs, avoiding static entities

they are not in the location when i look for them. anyone else have them?

cheers

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 21:03 Edited at: 26th Feb 2010 23:07
Hey lee, seems the De-render issue is hitting my multiplayer maps as well. Along with the stupid lag issue I am facing, I honestly find it odd, walking forward is OK upwards of 200 frames. As soon as you look behind you frames drop to 5... If you jump at all you lag into oblivion. I have ran the cleaner and re-installed FPSC x10 at least 50 times. The issue is not resolved. I made sure that every single wall was in place so no entrance to the out side world could be seen. Absolutely no dynamic objects (its multiplayer) and enough memory left to put in a 1 million polygon elephant. So I recorded a video of a terrain piece I made in T.ED which I bought to do exactly that (make terrains) As soon as I look down it de-renders or disappears. Here is the short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0xKipTWiY

**Edit**
I made another video to show you my lag problems on the same map, maybe you can now see what I mean and what I am up against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxGMzCdOZx0

"I haz no sig :o"
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 12:54 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 14:25
hello well back after technical dire straits first my hard drive then my internet so been off for a while.

1. when i check for the two demos:ENEMY WALKING UP STAIRS and the important ANTIGRAV PLATFORM demo for going up above 2 levels. they are no where to be seen in the demo place.

2. no ragdoll...realized its just changing the destroy ai.

3. been finding with WWII grass segments and others like cobbles the enemies get stuck in the square segment they are in only some segments work

anyway thankyou for latest stuff and appreciated [/b][b][/b][b]

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone having issues where water dosnt apperar? even if you put it to max 100???
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 02:26
Quote: "anyone having issues where water dosnt apperar? even if you put it to max 100??? "

make sure you go into "Preferences" and make sure the "default water" box is click with a check mark.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
ok
Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 00:34
I made a waypoint for a character to follow, right next to it, but it would just stay put, even though I set it to do nothing at start. Why is it doing this? Also, when exiting a teleport in a small area, I am thrown into the nearest wall.

[Insert Signature Here]

Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 01:47
Now when I load my level that I JUST MADE, it crashes. When I start it up, not load, it crashes. What is going on! I can't use it if it crashes when it starts, so someone please tell me how to fix it. It said something was wrong with the game file, but it wasn't loading a game.

[Insert Signature Here]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 02:13
Quote: "Now when I load my level that I JUST MADE, it crashes. When I start it up, not load, it crashes. What is going on! I can't use it if it crashes when it starts, so someone please tell me how to fix it. It said something was wrong with the game file, but it wasn't loading a game.
"

I was getting this to, apparently a lot of people are. My problem was when I exceeded the engines memory level. Every time I would test start he game it would crash without warning. Check the memory meter in game.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
that also happened to me and it got me really......MAD cause i was finishing up the intro to my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 02:51
When I press the shortcut to start FPSC, it starts up a little bit, but crashes.

[Insert Signature Here]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 03:16
Quote: "When I press the shortcut to start FPSC, it starts up a little bit, but crashes."

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it.

Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 03:35
It works now. Also, I found a glitch (may already be know. I don't know if it is) where if you run between to static desks with just enough space inbetween, and you jump, you are sometimes launched at or into the ceiling. I tried to make a video, but FPSC began to lag and the video came out weird. When you are in the ceiling, you can move around, but not crouch or jump or pass through walls.

[Insert Signature Here]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 02:16
Yea that happens a lot lol. Good glad it works. Still the multiplayer is messing up. If you put 8 people down you only get to pick 2

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
the vent dose not match up with the walls their is a crack were you can see outside!!its a very annoying glitch when you find it cause when ever you go into a vent you see the outside!!!!!
Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 04:26
Is it anything more than two that does this? I've only done 8, so I haven't tried anything less.

[Insert Signature Here]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 17:43
Quote: "the vent dose not match up with the walls their is a crack were you can see outside!!its a very annoying glitch when you find it cause when ever you go into a vent you see the outside!!!!!"

This is not a glitch, when you place a ventilation shaft be sure to take a segment wall (one that fits with the surrounding) click on "wall only" and place it in front of the ventilation shaft. Make sure to put a door in so people can get in and out.

Quote: "Is it anything more than two that does this? I've only done 8, so I haven't tried anything less.
"

I have tried 3,4,5,6,7,8 only two pops up. I am under the impression that you have to build that game to actually play either 8. Or it may just be a bug.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
oohh thanks soviet
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 18:05
Quote: "oohh thanks soviet"

No problem!

Lan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 14:45
Yeah, I was thinking that you may have to build it. Has anyone tested this? I don't have time.

[Insert Signature Here]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 16:31 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 23:33
Quote: "Yeah, I was thinking that you may have to build it. Has anyone tested this? I don't have time."

I tried, it is a bug. Every time I build the map and set it to 8 players and try running the game it crashes as soon as the loading bar hits 100% I tried even setting the maximum players to 4. Still crashed. So then I tried adding 2 players only, still it crashed. I can't run a multiplyer game.

**Edit**
Never mind, it works, something was wrong with the .fpg I fixed it, you can select all 8 characters when you fully build the game. However it looks like it is changing the ambient light and sky box. I have attached the pic below, notice the skybox, when in test game I selected a space skybox, notice the hud, no ammo counters or anything. Notice the ambient light, I set it to higher. Notice the water color, I never even chose that color. It's doing everything by it's self and its frustrating.

***Another Edit***
I messed with the file before, It was my fault. So I fixed everything. The only problem I am having now, which I checked through all the code is, in the editor, when I have my health packs say "Re-spawn after delay" *yes* they do not re-spawn, same with the guns. So I am at a loss now lol. If anyone could help that would be great :/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 14:15 Edited at: 8th Mar 2010 14:19
just a recap for lee bamber

[b]some segments (definately grass from ww2) makes enemies stick in the segment they are placed. so they cant follow waypoints or advance and attack.

entities walking up stairs and anti grav platform above 2 levels demos are not loaded up as stated.

multiplayer problems with over 2 people in multi player mode.

can everyone bullet point the main things so that. lee can read the things to do without all the excess chat. and it makes life easier and all the problems in one area.

Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 02:42
i have a problem with my weapons, when i lay them flat they still stick up and it looks stupid, if you dont understand the screenshot will explain, in the editor it is flat on the table and yet in game it looks loke it does in the screenshot

Najoko Entertainment

Attachments

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
lol thats how my guns sits on the table in real life
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 12:30
Quote: "i have a problem with my weapons, when i lay them flat they still stick up and it looks stupid, if you dont understand the screenshot will explain, in the editor it is flat on the table and yet in game it looks loke it does in the screenshot"

You might have to play with the rotation in the .fpe of the gun.

Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 15:34
what exact part of the fpe would i have to edit

Najoko Entertainment
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just bought FPSC X10 and updated it to v.1.09 While the frame rate is really good with my laptop there are constant errors when I test or build a game. I've checked the forum and I've seen that this is a pretty common problem. I also have a problem with the weapons in MP5, the target appears as a big black square. I think that this could be worked around by changing the cross hairs but this problem should not exist. Also, the hands from model pack 6 become transparent for no apparent reason.
One of the things that really works well, with my MPs at least, and I like are the now-removed rag doll deaths from the model pack characters. Anyway, these are the problems that I have encountered so far. I really like that the stability issues are being worked on.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 22:01
@Robby

Privjet comrade! you said you updated to 1.09. Try updating your x10 to 1.10 posted on the front page of this topic. Could you please post a screen shot of the errors you encounter while building or testing a game? with more information I maybe able to help you.

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Soviet,

Thank you for the intention to help! I have attached a snapshot of my main problem which is the black square in MP5 weapons. The snapshot is small since I took it with an outside software but the square is still clearly visible. As for updating to 1.10 I am thinking about it. Sure, I want a more stable program but the lack of rag doll in the model pack characters is keeping me from updating. I think that it will make my levels worse.

Attachments

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 15:20
You should still update for now, because it should fix the problem, and once the final version of 1.10 is available you can use ragdoll again. If you ask me no ragdoll is better than a black square in the middle of the screen.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:24
Thanks for the continued testing and feedback on posts since my last one. Here are my comments:

Tomik18 : X10 only supports Windows Vista. We have no plans to support Windows 7 at this time.

Snipesoul : Only the player was designed to create blood decals and bullet holes. Dust instead of blood either means the character is setup not to show blood or you are not using the Mature Patch which turns grey splats into blood splats. Being sholved out of the map should have been solved with the latest beta, if not, send me an FPM using stock media and a step by stwp how I can reproduce it, thanks. Enemies can shoot through fellow enemies and likewise for allies too, as this would stunt gameplay otherwise. Enemy lives was a hold-over from X9, and was replaced with the rag doll system which means once they collapse and fall over they lose all their lives. For respawning enemies, use the spawn settings so that the enemy spawns only one instance at a time, with spawn on death flag set. Texture arrays only work on characters and entities with X10 logo, as this indicates the extra amount of textures prepared to show this off.

Soviet176 : Coding rag doll in multiplayer means adding features to X10 which we are not planning to do. The focus will be on stability and ensuring the product functions as advertised. We get into trouble when we start adding features before we've finished fixing bugs

wizard of id : Performance is dependent on a huge number of factors, not least proximity in level and effects being employed. The trick when hitting a choppy part of your level is to re-design to minimise the amount of work the engine has to do to render that particular part of the level experience.

Snipesoul : Weapons held by characters where not designed to cast shadows (for performance reasons). Extra info on the internal FPI actions in DarkAI.FPI are redundant as they can only be used in this one configuration to run the internal DarkAI system. Best to leave that script alone For a bug report on characters suffering idle animation freeze, I would need the FPM using stock media and a step by step so I can reproduce it.

Lan : I cannot reproduce the walls issue, they show up in map editor and test game when I create walls. In test multiplayer game mode, you should only see two character selections as this is 'test' mode where the actual characters do not need to be tested, just the arena level itself. The characters you place down WILL show up when you create a standalone multiplayer game however.

4125 : Create a smaller level and see if that crashes. The permitted size of the level is determined by the amount of memory you use and of course the amount of memory on the target machine. Start small, backup ofteb and grow your level within your available memory capability.

DiViNiTY : The V110 beta will work with the German version of X10, there is no need for a special localized version of the update.

science boy : The full absolute path to the sample on my machine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator X10\Files\mapbank\samples

Soviet176 : I am not experiencing the lag issues you describe. Please provide me with an FPM using stock media only and a step by step what I need to do to see the disappearing geometry for myself, thanks. Just in case, custom terrain pieces made in T.ED are not supported in X10 and could very well be the cause of your disappearing floors. For stability, use stock media and segments as this is all I can assure a fix for. Fixing every combination of custom media issue would take me a lifetime

science boy : To re-activate rag doll for legacy model pack characters, copy the character folder into your entitybank USER folder and select your character from there. You might also need to ensure that the FPE associated with the character has NORAGDOLL set to zero (and that the associated BIN has been deleted). I created a new sample called GS10-EnemyStartingOnGrass.fpm to prove that DarkAI characters can indeed start and move on grass segments from WW2 category.

Nilloc : Water level controls work fine, remember to ensure preferences has water switched on and that the various water settings are not hiding the water from you.

Lan & Nilloc : I need more than 'I made a level and it crashed'. Ideally I need the FPM of the level using nothing but stock media, a step by step to what you do to create the crash and if possible a screenshot of the crash in action. From this I have a hope of reproducing it, the first step to fixing it

Soviet176 : Drop in a dynamic health entity, set maximum spawn to 100, set delay to 250, click apply changes. Add a hurt zone in so you can deplete your health then click then test game. Now collect the health pack and a few seconds later another one will appear, go hurt yourself again and collect this second one, and so on.

Robby : How many constant errors are being reported? To solve the black cursor issue, download the latest V110 beta, download the latest MP5 model pack (as it will have been updated if your local copy is an old one) and delete all BIN and DBO files before you re-install Model Pack 5 (same for MP6). To get rag doll back in V110, simply copy your character folder into the entitybank users folder and select your character from there. This is a precaution to ensure model packs behave as designed (for X9), with X10 users wishing to 'risk' rag doll strangeness left the ability to re-activate the rag doll system for select characters.

Bear in mind ALL model pack characters are designed for X9 which did not use rag doll! All X10 characters have been specially designed (at our great expense) to ensure that all the limbs and joints behave well under the stress of a rag doll simulation. Does anyone else have problems with MP5 and MP6 in V110, please post your successes as well as failures, thanks.

Bugs I Could Confirm:

1. Place a WW2 Tommygun weapon down on a table in map editor, but when in test game it is propped up vertically as if my magic. Should be the same as when placed in the map editor!

More reproducible reports that relate to model pack and store item issues in V110 are welcome. V110 is nearly ready for public launch, so if there is anything that you can help me reproduce that relates to the mandate of V110 fixes, post them soon. Thanks.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:52
Sounds awesome lee, no problem deleted that map anyway, Though could you possibly explain to me why the engine would render the terrain out side of segmented walls? for instance when I create terrain ( large one and set scale to about 80) I get up words of at least 300FPS including entitys I add. I have had no issue with the terrain at all. Expect sometimes I do get that weird but where you look down and it disappears which does get annoying. My theory is the camera. I am not to sure though. But anyway, why would the engine render an entity that's not in the scene and cause lag? will there every be any support for applications like T.ED seeing how they are meant for gaming and are on the TGC website? just some questions. Other than that thanks. Still sad about the multiplayer rag doll but I understand where you come from D:

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 03:31
Quote: "Create a smaller level and see if that crashes. The permitted size of the level is determined by the amount of memory you use and of course the amount of memory on the target machine. Start small, backup ofteb and grow your level within your available memory capability."

Crashed. I have 8GB Ram. Im guessing FPSCX10 uses about 1.6GB - 3GB Ram. Don't understand why it crashes. Im not running any programs and there isn't much happening in background. It just crashes. The levels have to be wayy to small and dats not even fun or "good" for any type of game. A small room per level and about 1 enemy to shoot is about da best i can do. Sometimes, it will allow more. But the level still has to be rather small. Don't understand why either. Thats about my only problem. I haven't tested the model packs or any other models for that matter. Hopefully this will be solved. I'll continue to toy aronud with it and see if it still crashs and wat is my limit. But it never did this before on my current pc. Thanks Lee and keep Up The good work! Good luck wit the next update to FPSCX10. I can wait no need to worry! Thers no rush...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
DiViNiTY
Years of Service
User Offline
When i update to BETA 1.10 5 there is no font in the Map Editor and
Fps Creator X10 crashes when i open the menu.
And Fps x10 ask me each time i start it for the serial number.

I tried reinstalling FPS x10 and Patch it with beta 1.10 5, and i
tried reinstalling FPS x10 and patch it to 1.09 and then to 1.10 beta 5.

Is this because of BETA 1.10 5 or is it another problem with the font?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 17:05
@4124

Segments don't really consume much memory, I think the problem maybe that your using to many entity's or dynamic objects. That's usually what causes mine to blow up.

@Divinity

hmm, this is interesting. Alright, try running the FPSC x10 cleaner, then uninstall any model packs you have, and uninstall FPSC x10. Then try re-installing x10 and only update to 1.09. Tell me if 1.09 is crashing you.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
to lee
[b]found the 2 fpm samples i was checking in the documents where the others were and thank you very much.

as for the fpe files. i can get ragdoll from changing aidestroy.

will let you know if i suss out my segment issues i do believe you on segments, i was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to why it is doing it. so its my bag there i should of asked in question form and on another thread. sorry

but thankyou on the other stuff esp the little anti grav.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 20:23
Quote: "Segments don't really consume much memory, I think the problem maybe that your using to many entity's or dynamic objects. That's usually what causes mine to blow up."

Not at all. But about 10 entity's and 1 or 4 enemies and a max 10 x 10 Room. Is that too much?

DiViNiTY
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet176
Version 1.09 works on my PC. (no font or serial error)
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 21:50
Quote: "Not at all. But about 10 entity's and 1 or 4 enemies and a max 10 x 10 Room. Is that too much?
"

Hmm that's strange. You say you are crashing? crash during testing or building of the game?

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 22:58
Quote: "Hmm that's strange. You say you are crashing? crash during testing or building of the game?"

It doesn't happen during the build process. It happens when the game is loaded. It just says that FPSC-Game.exe has closed. It happens with both test game and a built game.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 02:05
Okay, well I got that blue screen from page 4. I took a picture and I remember what happened. I had MP36 and some of Dr. Parsnips's ruins in the map. I jumped on some rubble and this happened(view attached).

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire

Attachments

Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 16:31
Lee just thought i should add that my vertical weapon problem happens to all my ww2 and scifi stock weapons, it doesnt happen in model pack 9 or 10 weapons

Najoko Entertainment
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 17:34
@4125
Do you think you could post a screen of the whole level in the editor you are on so I can see what items/characters you are using?

@Divinity
Hmmm that maybe something only lee can fix.

@le shorte
Yes, I get that a lot to. My theory is this. When I placed a start maerker and named it camera fly mode, I flew beyond the sky box border. Interestingly enough, the entire screen went blue until you turned around and went the opposite way. Looked the same as that screen. By now you have all experienced the running at an entity and trying to jump on it but it blows you back or in the air. I think when you try to jump on certain pieces of objects the engine takes it wrong and flings to into the air past the borders of the sky box. I have also gotten this when trying to jump into a crack between 2 model pack 36 buildings. Most of the blue screens come from that pack only.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 23:20
@Soviet176
Hmm...I hope lee can fix this. If not, my game is ruined(pun partially intended to give myself a laugh)

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Najoko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 16:43
just downloaded screen of blue, i get that when i jump on the castle model pack objects, it has totaly ruined my kitchen room

Najoko Entertainment
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 21:11 Edited at: 14th Mar 2010 21:44
@4125

Comrade, I may have found a solution to your problem. I was doing some studying. Yesterday I was playing around with my maps, all was going great. I went to bed and the next morning I went to go look at my maps and they would crash! I did not add anything to them or even tamper with them. I was frustrated beyond belief. Out of curiosity I disabled my Anti-virus and sure enough all my maps loaded. FPSC x10 always came up as a PDM.keylogger though I know this is a false reading, lately my AV has stopped all my games from working. Upon closer studies I have also come to find out maps will crash if you are using the program called skype it will crash as well. No idea why but FPSC is a very angry program sometimes and wants full attention. Tell me if this works

**Edit**

I have also come to find that to many dynamic objects in a multiplayer map meaning ammo,health even with half a bar left of memory will crash your game.

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 15:21
LeeBamber: Windows Vista system is not good. is unstable

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,60Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 15:48
Quote: "LeeBamber: Windows Vista system is not good. is unstable"

Actually, Vista is a very stable OS, and is very underrated. If vista can properly support DX10 and FPSC X10 then there should be no problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 09:16:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 09:16:31