Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Physics plug-in powered by PhysX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 01:19
1. releaseController(int controllerID)
2. There is nothing in Fulcrum that draws your raycasts for you, if you look a few posts up someone posted a demo where they drew the raycasts, I think he used dbMakeObjectTriangle()

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "FulcrumPhy::makeBox() failed for me a few times running this code, this has never happened before and I've used this command alot."

Sorry. I didn't see this earlier - been really busy lately; but I *HAVE* seen this issue before myself. I have considered posting about it here but then I realized one thing in common during every failure... The ID passed in was *not* valid: ie - dbObjectExist(id) would return 0...

I have since started verifying that the ID even exists before making the call and haven't had a problem since.

Regards,
JTK
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 16:10 Edited at: 30th Sep 2010 16:10
Quote: "Sorry. I didn't see this earlier - been really busy lately; but I *HAVE* seen this issue before myself. I have considered posting about it here but then I realized one thing in common during every failure... The ID passed in was *not* valid: ie - dbObjectExist(id) would return 0...

I have since started verifying that the ID even exists before making the call and haven't had a problem since."

It should give a message upon creation of an actor if the object does not exist, but it will crash if you try to operate on an actor that does not exist. Its poor programming on my behalf, I still need to put lots of exception handling in.

cler
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for the doublepost and
thanks for your answer.
cler
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to set the collision between the charactercontrollers off?
i tried to do this with these commands:
FulcrumPhy::setCollisionGroup()
FulcrumPhy::setGroupCollision()
but it does not work.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 15:22
Do you want the controllers to not collide with each other?
I'm not sure if you can do that, why do you need controllers to not collide with each other? I will look into it when I get a chance and if its simple I will implement it in next update.

You may find that controllers do not work with some of the commands for dynamic actors, this is because controllers are a special kind of kinematic actor and are not really part of the physics simulation in that sense, this is how you have direct control over them, but it does have some drawbacks.

cler
Years of Service
User Offline
i need this function because i want to write a multiplayer game and if there are a lot of players in a small lane they will get stuck.
except this little "problem", is it the best way to build the other gamers as chractercontrollers?

ps: thank you for your interest
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 12:29
I cant really say for sure what is the best way to do characters in an online game, there are alot of factors I don't know much about as I have never made an online game/app.
I would presume having all characters as controllers is a good starting point.
If you are having trouble with characters getting stuck you may want to look at the following commands:

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 14:21 Edited at: 17th Oct 2010 20:00
Hi!

I've switched from DarkPhysics to Fulcrum Physics a few days ago, and I'm really happy with the results, I was able to solve most of the Issues I had with DarkPhysics.

The problem is, I got a quiet similar issue like dark coder described a few pages earlier. Many of the models I'm using are totally messed up in the Remote Debugger:

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2315/8spfkxv5_png.htm

I've attached the model shown in the image.

JulianMH

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zappi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 17:05
it run on darkbasic pro??
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 17:49
@JulianMH - I will take a look at that for you, have you tried both the tri-mesh functions:

I have an exam on Tuesday and then I have some spare time so I can investigate then.

@zappi - I am considering re-writing the whole thing for GDK, dbPro and GDK.NET but that would be done in a more professional(time consuming) manor and I would be looking to sell it when finished, I hope thats good news.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 17:54 Edited at: 17th Oct 2010 20:00
Yes, I've tried both functions. Both of them result in diffrent collision shapes, but none of them is correct.

JulianMH
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2010 19:11
From looking at the debugger this seems to work for me:

Hope that helps.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, this solves parts of the Issue, even if I would prefer not having every Object 2 times. But still, some of the models seem to have a wrong rotation (I'm only rotating them around the Y-Axis).
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 01:10
Quote: " if I would prefer not having every Object 2 times"

Yeah, I understand, if I do a rewrite there will probably be the option to save the physics tri-mesh to file so you never need to read the dark basic object at all, apart from creating the file in the first place of course. Obviously that does not help you now, but as long as there is a workaround for this version I would be happy.
Also, I'm pretty sure you can delete(instead of hide) the new object, also the swapObject() may be useful here.

Quote: "But still, some of the models seem to have a wrong rotation"

Are you talking about the individual trees in the same sample.x file, or are you refering to other models(x-files) that you have?

Quote: "I'm only rotating them around the Y-Axis"

Where do your models come from? Where and when are you rotating them? Is it the individual trees you are rotating or the model as a whole?

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I was able to solve the rotation issue on my own. I first rotated the model as a whole, then created the copy for the tri-mesh collision. The problem was, I rotated this mesh again, but DarkGDK kept the old rotation, so the rotations where added together.

Also, the memory consumption for having every Object twice is OK, so this shouldn't be a problem (I tried to delete the second Object, but then I got a error message box, telling me something in a language I do not know.).

Thank you very much for your help.

By the way, did you mention somewhere a licence for using your library?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 18:03 Edited at: 18th Oct 2010 18:05
Quote: "By the way, did you mention somewhere a licence for using your library? "

No, there is no license, I never really looked into legal stuff.
It is free to use commercial/non-commercial for any purpose you desire.

There are terms that PhysX requires you to adhere to though, I have not checked it for a while but I'm pretty sure for a commercial game you need to put the PhysX logo in(upon startup or whatever), I also think you need to inform them of the games release, and they may ask you to provide them with a copy I think.

I will look into this more as I am about to release my first commercial game.

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 21:04
Quote: "it run on darkbasic pro??"

No this engine is for C++

[url][/url]
Nothing's impossible, it's just a matter of time...
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
No, there is no license, I never really looked into legal stuff.
It is free to use commercial/non-commercial for any purpose you desire.
"

@matty: May I add: "for the time being?"

I ask because I recall that you were contemplating making something commercial out of it (implied by the "amount of effort" involved thus far and the lack of source being offered)... Although, at which point it would be a different version, I suppose...

But, does that sound about right?

JTK
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 16:27
Yeah, I am currently looking at the possiblilty of creating another physics/collision plugin for GDK/DBPro and GDK.NET, this would be a complete re-write and more to a professional standard.
It will not affect Fulcrum at all, if I go ahead with it then Fulcrum would probably get one last update and that would be it(apart from bug fixes), but it will always be here and be free to use.

My next plugin would aim to provide more or less every feature of PhysX with the familar basic syntax for alot more people in the dark basic community. I would need to sell this version though as there is alot of work involved.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 17:32 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 21:22
Hi, I'm afraid I got another issue with Fulcrum Physics:
I've I attached a model, which doesn't work with Triangle Mesh Collision (both makeTriangleMeshFromDBO(...) and makeTriangleMesh(...) return false, and the RemoteDebugger doesn't show the model). DarkGDK is loading the model correctly.

Here's a simple code sample I used to try out the model:

Maybe it is something with the number of polygons... The model uses more polygons than the models I've tried before:

Polygon Count: 24882
Vertex Count: 18501

Smaller tree groups do work (They have only about half the amount of polygons).

JulianMH

Attachments

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 23:17
Hi JulianMH,
I stepped through the code and it seems that when the new object is created from the mesh it loses all of its indices, Im not sure how or why, it may be a dark basic issue, or maybe not. Anyway, the mesh can't be created without indices.

You may want to look into why some of your models keep their indices but this one does not, there are commands in the Basic 3D header file which allow you to check all that stuff.

I will look at it again tomorrow, I have a feeling this problem has cropped up before in this thread, I will read through it tomorrow.

On a side note, you know you would not usually set up complex collision like this for trees etc? Anyway, it should still work and I will try and find a solution.

zappi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2010 22:26
download ... i hope is good
zappi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 10:08
i need physx card to use this ??
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 15:15
Quote: "i need physx card to use this ??"

No, but you may need the PhysX system software, its all explained in the setup doc.

zappi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 20:30
ok tankhs i try it
JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 20:38 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 21:21
Any success with fixing the bug I mentioned? You don't need to hurry, I just would like to know if it's even possible to have meshes with so many polygons, to create new models in a way they work with the collision.
We're only two programmers at our project and we create models on our own, so we don't have the time to create collision meshes for each of our models.

JulianMH
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 22:04
I think the core issue is the fact that the limbs have the wrong rotations and I have been looking at that recently, I think I have improved it, maybe fixed it but as I have been using convex meshes for my testing I can't say for sure yet if it will fix the issue you are having.

I don't think it is a poly limit issue, I googled it and people have built meshes with many more polys without any problems.

If you are making the models is there any way you could export a version with one mesh for the collision and see if that works?

Also, at the moment Fulcrum has a major memory leak when using meshes which I will fix in the next update. I still have your model so I will test it as soon as I redo the tri meshes.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, after serveral tests I figured out that the DarkGDK-Functions dbMakeMeshFromObject(...) and dbMakeObject(...) don't output a object for the tree model, no matter if it's a single mesh or multiple meshes. So you're right, if you fix the limb rotations, I wouldn't need dbMakeMeshFromObject(...) anymore and this tree model would work correctly.

JulianMH
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 15:53 Edited at: 29th Nov 2010 15:54
@JulianMH, I have looked at this again using the new rotation methods that have worked great for me so far but I still can't get this model to work.

I will do some more testing and try different models from as many different sources as I can. What software do you create your models from? Did you try them with Dark Physics? If they worked with Dark Physics then I at least know its possible and I could even maybe get help from TGC to correct this issue.

I will do some more testing and get back to you.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
The first tree Model was made entirely in 3D Canvas, the second one with TreeMagik and 3D Canvas. The first one worked with DarkPhysics, the second one was created after switching to Fulcrum Physics, so I haven't tested it with DarkPhysics.

JulianMH
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 16:23
Lol, I do this all the time, posted too soon above.
I have your model working, at the moment it still involves making a new object but its progress.

It seems that sometimes when making a mesh from object and then a new object it sometimes does not use indices, all I need to do it tell PhysX to make the mesh with no index data and it works.

So I know what to do to solve your issue but not sure how fast I can have an update out, there are a couple of other things that need fixing also.

I could probably say the weekend or midweek next week, would that be ok for your project? Also, do you have any other issues?
People only really post with problems so I have no idea when things are working well for people, it would be interesting to know what you are using(controllers/vehicles/raycasting etc) and if its working ok.
Thanks.

JulianMH
Years of Service
User Offline
Even in a month or more would be OK. We just needed to know if we can continue creating models this way.
I haven't found any other bugs so far!
We're working with raycasting and lots of character controllers, both work really good and fast.
Thanks for spending your time to create Fulcrum and to fix those bugs.
Just one feature request: I'd love to use ragdolls for dead enemys . You are probably going to save this for the commercial version of Fulcrum you were talking about, cause its pretty hard to code. Ragdolls were one of the reasons, why we bought DarkPhysics, but we didn't manage to use them.

JulianMH
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 22:21
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to get these fixes in at the weekend.

Funny you should mention ragdolls, I have been working on a new version of Fulcrum, re-written from scratch. I was only going to persue the new version if I could get ragdolls(and one or two other things) working and I'm glad to say that I have and its pretty cool, I spend most of my time just playing with it lol. So Fulcrum Pro is looking likely, although it will probably be sold through the TGC store.

I will probably not add any more features to this version, I will just fix bugs etc, I will leave it here for people to use freely though as you guys/girls have been extremely helpful finding and helping fix bugs.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 14:15
I have done the fixes etc I am just updating the documentation which is by far the most boring job in the world.
Should have new version ready by tomorrow evening.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 22:12 Edited at: 7th Dec 2010 22:16
I have updated top post with version 1.4, here is a list of whats new:

The main one is that now you will need to get the PhysX SDK yourself which is a pain I know, sorry.
This version uses PhyX SDK 2.8.3 where the last one used 2.8.1.

This will probably be the last update although I will still support it and make any fixes that may be required

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Clearly I messed something up when I installed it...

Quote: "c:\users\noel\downloads\fulcrumphyv14\fulcrumphy v1.4\include\fulcrumphycustomclasses.h(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'NxPhysics.h': No such file or directory"

>.< maybe you can help ? :p
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 14:50
Yeah, this plug-in depends on the PhysX SDK(2.8.3), you need to download that from the PhysX site, there should be a link in the Fulcrum setup doc.

Let me know if you get it working as I still have no confirmation that Fulcrum 1.4 is working for people, thanks

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
I did click a link that was in the Fulcrum folder, it took me to a download page for something of PhysX version 2.8.3. Guess it wasn't the SDK.

I'll just manually look for the SDK from their website

I'll let you know as soon as I get the SDK downloaded and setup my project for it again heh
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 19:03
Click the link at the top of the setup doc, this should take you to the PhysX developer support, click the 'online support' tab, select 'downloads', look on the left and expand that 'downloads'.
They really hide it well I think

Once you have downloaded, follow the setup doc I provided to tell Visual Studio where to locate the PhysX SDK, should work fine then with any luck.

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha well it looks as though I had installed drivers :p :$

I registered with the developer support site and I am downloading the SDK as I write this

after I set everything up and run my project I'll let you know how Fulcrum 1.4 runs
Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey again, so I downloaded and installed the SDK, set up everything in the Visual Studio options..

I guess I messed something up.. I took your Demo and copied all the files to a new project and when I compiled it I got quite a few errors

1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(33) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'myPhysics'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(33) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(33) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(38) : error C2228: left of '.start' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(39) : error C2228: left of '.setGravity' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(61) : error C2228: left of '.makeTriangleMesh' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(63) : error C2228: left of '.simulate' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(69) : error C2228: left of '.update' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(77) : error C2228: left of '.stop' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(95) : error C2228: left of '.makeBox' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(107) : error C2228: left of '.makeControllerBox' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(116) : error C2228: left of '.makeBox' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(126) : error C2228: left of '.makeSphere' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(127) : error C2228: left of '.applyForce' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(143) : error C2228: left of '.makeBox' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(156) : error C2228: left of '.makeConvexMesh' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(160) : error C2228: left of '.makeConvexMesh' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(166) : error C2228: left of '.makeConvexMesh' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(170) : error C2228: left of '.makeConvexMesh' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(187) : error C2228: left of '.releaseActor' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(190) : error C2228: left of '.releaseController' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(195) : error C2228: left of '.releaseActor' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(232) : error C2228: left of '.moveCharacterController' must have class/struct/union
1> type is 'int'
"

Thanks for the help by the way!

And sorry about my delays, I'm still a "new member" here or whatever it is, so I have to wait for moderator approval on all my messages :p
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 22:16
All those errors are one error really, that kind of thing happens alot, just fix the first one and they all go away.

I presume you have:

That first error means it is not recognising the FulcrumPhy class.
Do you have:

at the top of your code?

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I do

I just tried to compile your demo and it didn't work
Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL I changed in the demo where it said :
"physics myPhysics;"
to
"FulcrumPhy myPhysics;"

and the only error i am getting now is :
Quote: "1>c:\users\noel\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - game1\dark gdk - game1\main.cpp(107) : error C2661: 'FulcrumPhy::makeControllerBox' : no overloaded function takes 3 arguments"

that's much better than the errors I got before ;P
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 16:37

Maybe the examples are not up to date with current version, you can check the header file(FulcrumPhy.h) if you are in doubt.

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, FML.

Sorry to bug you so much with all of my problems

So I fixed the makecontrollerbox... Now these are the errors I get X.X

1>------ Build started: Project: Dark GDK - Game1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>FulcrumPhy.lib(FulcrumPhy.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)const " (?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IBEPBDXZ) already defined in display.lib(CGfxC.obj)
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ) already defined in display.lib(CGfxC.obj)
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)" (??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in display.lib(CGfxC.obj)
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) already defined in display.lib(CGfxC.obj)
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)" (??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) already defined in display.lib(CGfxC.obj)
1> Creating library Debug\Dark GDK - Game1.lib and object Debug\Dark GDK - Game1.exp
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>Debug\Dark GDK - Game1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Noel\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - Game1\Dark GDK - Game1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Dark GDK - Game1 - 8 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
"
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 21:53
There's a chance I may have compiled it with a wrong setting or something, I will look into it now.
A few of them errors near the bottom are there because you have not changed the project settings like it says in the setup doc. You need to change the runtime library to multi threaded, it explains what to do in the setup.

As for the rest I will fix and upload just the lib so its easy for you to just replace the one you have.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 22:48
OK, this should work, just download the new lib from this post and replace the old one.
This sometimes happens when I first release an update, I have a list of compiler settings to get it to work but somehow I manage to always get it wrong

Thanks for testing this for me, let me know if it works so I can update the top post with this version, thanks.

Attachments

Noley
Years of Service
User Offline
LOl wow, woops, I made a second project to test just to make sure I wasn't just retarded when I got the errors, I guess I forgot to change the settings :$

Well, it all works now with the new Lib.

No problem haha, thanks for making such a great resource for the community!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:57:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:57:35