Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The X10 Revival Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 19:49
Hello. I am proud to say I am almost finished with a sound pack an would like to donate it as a prize. It will take another few days to finish the scifi portion of it, but I will definitly have it finished by May 31st. Also, once I finish that, I will be looking into more sound effects so please take me off the contestant list, even as TBD, but add my sound pack as a prize.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 19:49
lol good lord an ODE error? my god. Try re-installing Microsoft visual c++ package. Also re-install FPSC x10 0_o

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 20:05
@Cormorant5

Okay, you got it.

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 02:07
Hello,
I hope to enter. Before I do, I just have a few questions. First off, where do we post the game once complete? Also, if the due date comes and theres one or 2 small bugs left, will the game still be accepted (no game stopping bugs, perhaps a texture glitch or something small..)?

I can't wait to work!

Susysyay

Susysyay
AceJ1995
Years of Service
User Offline
Woohoo, count me in, sounds like a bunch of fun, just wait till I get my X10 fixed (the test game error bullcr**)!!
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 15:08
Well. Its official! I'm in the contest! Good luck to all contestants! Let's make x10 Shine like never before!

Susysyay
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 23:22
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=169782&b=2

By the way I'm going with my Virus problem, I should be ready to come back in soon, I just need opinions on whether I should just delete the viruses flat-out of their locations. I so want to take part in this, playing a few old horror games have given me a few ideas .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 11th May 2010 23:29
Quote: "First off, where do we post the game once complete?"

There are many places, such as, if you have a membership any kind of media hosting site, or you can upload it to google docs if you have a google account.

Quote: "Also, if the due date comes and theres one or 2 small bugs left, will the game still be accepted (no game stopping bugs, perhaps a texture glitch or something small..)?"

As long as it is playable, it will be fine, depending on how many people need more time, we might extend the date.

Quote: "just wait till I get my X10 fixed"

Hope you get it sorted out.

Quote: "I so want to take part in this, playing a few old horror games have given me a few ideas"

I still can't wait to see what you come up with.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 23:31
Quote: "I still can't wait to see what you come up with."

If I do join the compo, I'll give one hint away for now: It might be a hybrid-genre game if I can manage it . Don't raise your hopes about that though .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 02:15
Quote: "I should be ready to come back in soon,"

Quote: "Well. Its official! I'm in the contest!"

Quote: "Woohoo, count me in,"

Added you all to the list.

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 03:03
2 very important questions!!!
1- Where do we place the game once completed? Should we just make a post with a link to a filesharing site like Filefront?
2-I am using music from Brothers in Arms. Is this allowed, or no? If it is against the rules, I can easily remove it.

Please answer my questions and you should see my game online some time soon!

Susysyay

Susysyay
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 18:27
Quote: "1- Where do we place the game once completed? Should we just make a post with a link to a filesharing site like Filefront?"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=169152&b=33&msg=2013680#m2013680

Quote: "2-I am using music from Brothers in Arms"

Unless you have direct permission from the creators, it is best that you don't.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 22:00
Hola, mis problemas del ordenadora es reparo! In English: "Hello, my problems on the PC are fixed!" Yes, my PC is back to normal and I think I might just be able to join this . I just hope I can think of a good genre and story .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 22:06
Quote: ""Hello, my problems on the PC are fixed!""

That's wonderful, were you able to delete them yourself, or did you use an anti-virus software?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 22:09
I deleted them manually, and placed the files in a protected .RAR folder for research by my school and MS. I feared that the viruses would replicate to another file, but nothing happened, my PC's clear now (final last words xD).

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 02:10
Alright thats cool. I can drop the Brothers in Arms music. No problem. I'll aim for a generic WWII trumpet style song. Maybe the US Marine Theme. Good luck to all!

Susysyay

Susysyay
Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry but i think you should remove me too.. cause i have some errors in the game ill let you know if i get them fixed....

im having fun creating games... wait? did i just print a machine gun?!?
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 21:00
Count me in, I've only just been able to use X10, so it's going to be interesting!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 01:31
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 05:06
Hi all,
Im having a problem, and Ive spent about 2 months emailing Lee Bamber back and forth about it, and he told me that the 1.11 Patch would fix it. And it did, but now it stopped working. My problem is that on the second level, my grass and custom Japanese Soldier Textures become super bright and distorted. It has to do with reloading the entities and textures because if you start from the second level, this doesnt happen. Check the screens for a better idea of what I mean. If I cant resolve this, Im still gonna submit my game even with this problem. All this proves is that FPSC X10 can make some pretty pixels appear, but it still needs help, which is what this competition is all about! Please help!

Susysyay

Susysyay

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 21:54
@SikaSina Games,The Imperfect Sheep,and Bestorio:

Edited first post to reflect this.

Offtopic: IS, could you check your email?

@Suaysuay

I don't know what would cause this, is the texture normal?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 21:57
Quote: "@Suaysuay

I don't know what would cause this, is the texture normal?"

Well, you could use it as uranium, if you wanted to.

Yeah, try making the texture itself darker, though.

Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
ive got even more trouble in this... i just tried downloading the update again and now it won't dowload it...

PS. it only loads the games with a very tiny room and 1-10 entities.. so if i would make the game, it would have way too much levels...

.:M3D:. for the gamers!
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 02:03
@Shadowtroid
Well, the soldier is a modified texture of the US Marine, so I'd assume everything else about it is normal. The grass is from Cosmic Prophets Country Time Pack, so Id assume he knows what he's doin.

@budokaiman
I tried that, and no dice. If worse comes to worse, to avoid it, all you have to do is get to level 2, save it, exit, and start from level 2. This avoids reloading previously loaded media and causes the problem to stop.

Good ideas and thanks,
Susysyay

PS-My game should be up within a few days! I aim to put it on Filefront in a .zip format. If you need anything different, let me know.

Susysyay
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 02:55 Edited at: 19th May 2010 02:56
Quote: "Well, the soldier is a modified texture of the US Marine, so I'd assume everything else about it is normal."

Huh...Dunno about that.

Quote: "The grass is from Cosmic Prophets Country Time Pack, so Id assume he knows what he's doin."

Static or dynamic? If it's dynamic then that could be the problem.

Quote: "My game should be up within a few days!"

Great to hear!

Quote: "I aim to put it on Filefront in a .zip format. If you need anything different, let me know."

That's fine.

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 03:14
@Shadowtroid
Quote: "Static or dynamic? If it's dynamic then that could be the problem."

They are dynamic. I am using the appear_nocollision script with them. I'll try static. If that solves the problem, then great. But that doesnt help me with the characters. Thanks for the advice.

Susysyay
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 03:20
@Shadowtroid

I made them static, and no matter what combo of scripts or physic properties I used, I could not walk through them. They were like any other static entity.

Susysyay
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 04:28
Quote: "They were like any other static entity."

Huh...No idea. Honestly. Try applying a shader to them Maybe that'll work.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 22:50
Not to be an idiot, but could you extend the due date by a few days? Since Rad's 4th level actually isn't corrupted(just Mystic's current compatibility issues) and Budokai said he found a fix and should have it out there soon enough, I need some time and would be re-entering Rads. And as far as I can tell, others need a bit of time too

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 23:40
I might need it extended, my exams have started, I have tomorrow off though (no exams then), but a few hardcore exams afterwards. There's no way I'll have my game done by 31st, be it if I even manage to think up an idea...

Btw, for reference, my exams end on the 17th of June I think .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think I will be able to finish my game by then either. I just finished my finals, but now i am applying for jobs, doing interviews and might have to have minor surgery.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 12:38
Then I'll ask Budokaiman about extending the deadline.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 16:52
Thanks Shadowtroid . I've a faint idea on how I'm going to kick FPS Creator's scripting butt (hopefully), but I need a good story to go with it, but I'll have one soon .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 23:29
Sure, we can extend the date, how long will you guys need?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 01:21
Well, my exams finish on the 17th of July roughly, but a week extra after that would be nice if it's ok . But it's entirely up to you and the others to conclude the official deadline, but I'd prefer after 17/06, although it does seem a bit far-fetched methiks :S .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
i would say just a couple of extra weeks.

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
I also would like to have more time, because I'm busy with school...

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 17:09
Hang on, I meant JUNE, not July xD, they'd be pretty long exams if so . So yeah, sometime after 17th of June would be fine for me hopefully .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 22:48
As soon as the Mystic Mod saved levels bug is fixed, a week or two after that would be fine for me

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 23:58
MY GAME IS COMPLETE! LINK FOR DOWNLOAD FOLLOWS!

http://www.filefront.com/16568213/Prisoner%20at%20War%20Demo.zip

Name : Prisoner At War
Type: WWII Pacific Theater (Demo, 2 levels)
Synopsis: You are a US Marine who was taken prisoner during the Battle of Tarawa in 1943. Waking up in a Jap hut, the shelling around you hits the building and clears a path. With a .45 in hand, you vow to return to your brother marines, whatever the cost.

Only known glitch is that SOMETIMES ON VERY RARE OCCASIONS (Its only happened to me with Windows 7, not Vista) is that on the 2nd level, or a reloaded 1st level, the characters and grass may appear brighter than normal. As far as I know, it has something to do with the X10 shading code and reloading previous material. Thats why it happens on W7 sometimes. Dont worry, it WILL NOT affect gameplay if it should, and hopefully doesnt, happen.

Good luck to all contestants and lets start up the FPSC X10 community again!

Henry Kucab
aka Susysyay

Susysyay
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 23:59
Heres a small picture of what to expect. Thanks again.

From PRISONER AT WAR

Susysyay

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zerocool126
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 07:41 Edited at: 30th May 2010 07:56
Left 2 Rot

let me just start by saying i had the hardest time geting this game to work. for about 3 weeks i had errors loading the game and one crazy error were all my custom huds showd up on all the entitys. i also wanted mystic mod for my game and that made it even worse.but i finly got the demo up and running as best i could.here is the link
[mod edit]link removed[/mod edit]
also i hope that its cool that i play the games to id like to see what im up against
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 14:25
Quote: "MY GAME IS COMPLETE! LINK FOR DOWNLOAD FOLLOWS!"

Quote: "Left 2 Rot
"

Great! I'll be adding those games to the list now.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 14:39
Any news on the deadline extension? I can start tomorrow since it's a half term (1 week off) and then back to exams, but I doubt I'll get my game done in a week judging by the various ideas I have :S.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 14:43
Yeah, we'll probably be extending it by a few weeks, depending on certain things. I've been really busy, and have only had occasional computer access.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 14:55
Ok no probs budokai, sorry to sound rushed, thanks for that .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 21:31
I'd like to enter , I've already did a few maps for it, I might spice them up to perfection and add a couple more. I need till about the 6th of June though.

WIP:The Lines of War (WW2 FPS Game)
Stolen Planet (Sci-fi FPS Game)
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 01:13
No offense, but on the first page of the contest, where all the rules and stuff are, you spelled my name wrong. Next to my entry, Prisoner at War, you spelled it wrong (Its Susysyay, not Suayayay or anything like that...). If you dont want to put that there, you can simply put Henry Kucab. Just a little note. I want my real name on the game.

Susysyay
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 16:08 Edited at: 29th May 2010 16:10
Oh, sorry about that. I'll fix that now.

Quote: "Any news on the deadline extension?"

Again, Budokaiman and I have not really been able to talk. I think I'll just put up an arbitrary date for now.

How about June 15th? That work for everyone?

And I'll add you to the list, jmtmew.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 17:00
That should be ok for me I think . That;s just near the end of my exams and I think that week I only have 1 exam . Sounds good to me! Thanks again for the extension .

-SSG

--=. ,=--

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:36:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:36:27