Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The X10 Revival Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 19:08
Sounds good, but I won't be around for the winner being announced. I'm in Europe June 10-24. Maybe I'll get to some interwebs cafes. I'll still try to make a game though

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 20:46
Alright, I'm just gonna make sure it's okay with Budokaiman.

zerocool126
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 21:03
ok if i would have been smart i would have waited to post the link to my game.
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 22:34
thankyou for the deadline extension and adding me in !

WIP:The Lines of War (WW2 FPS Game)
Stolen Planet (Sci-fi FPS Game)
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 13:52 Edited at: 30th May 2010 13:52
Sorry for double post

I'd like to add a prize, an advertising campaign for your desired game! I'll make a logo, a poster, a banner, a small flash website for it with a 'yourgame.co.nr' domain name (I'll give you the login details and instructions) and if clips are provided to me, a trailer

Since I'm feeling generous, if I won the competition, I'll give the prize to second place (if you don't mind judging that)

If you don't mind judging second place and I don't win, I'll make a logo, poster and banner for second place as well ! (Not including site and trailer though)

Hope this helps !

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 13:56
Quote: "
Hope this helps !"

It does, I'm adding it to the list now.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 17:11 Edited at: 30th May 2010 17:17
Ooh, shiny prize

*even more determined to get first now*

Not to spam, but I updated Rads for the Revival on my thread (link in my sig!) so you can track the progress as I release new screens. I think you guys will like it. Or maybe be disappointed? Anywho...I posted a new screenshot. Again, I think you'll like it.

Rads, revived for the X10 Revival on May 29th, 2010
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Can i please change my prize to 2 rusty metal grundge brushes

Who da man?!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 01:28
Quote: "Can i please change my prize to 2 rusty metal grundge brushes"

Sure, but what do you mean by brushes? As in for Photoshop?

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
oops didnt mean brushes ment segments

Who da man?!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 04:52
Quote: "oops didnt mean brushes ment segments
"

Ah. Okay, will change that now.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
k thanks

Who da man?!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 02:47
I don't know if it means anything, but I've revised the story of Rads to the point where I'm satisfied but will keep revising it until I get exactly what I want. I did put up some new screens on the thread, so you guys can see how it's coming along. The newest doesn't have any entities yet as I'm still making the environment. Check it out and leave a comment if you want

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 16:20
Just a notice for the judges,

Not to be annoying or anything like that, but my game is on Filefront. And filefront has a nasty habit of deleting something no one downloads. So I would encourage you to atleast download my game sometime soon. If for some reason, it does get deleted, let me know ASAP! I'll repost as soon as possible then.

THanks,
Henry

PS-If my game gets deleted and I repost it AFTER the due date, will that exclude me from the contest even though I originally posted it before the deadline?

Susysyay
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 16:26 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 16:26
@Susysyay:
Don't worry, Shadowtroid and I have both downloaded it already.

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 17:02
Ah, thanks budokaiman. It's a nasty habit of filefront.

Susysyay
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 04:43
Man, I really wish I could have had my game out now, but I can't because my game revolves around FPSC IP for x10. It does not look like knxrb will have it out by then. I tried though.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 13:57
Darn. Are you sure you can't just post it without FPSC IP? Either way, at least you tried.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 15:41
Right, I need to cut this short:

I might not be entered in for the new date because my Music exam has been moved to the 16th of June and it's a massive 2 hour exam, and I need to revise for that, Maths and Graphics for this week. Therefore, I can't work on my game mush so it may be a Godsend if I finish it. I'm trying to sacrifice some time to work on this but it's only about 10 minutes per hour or more usually, and I haven't even began designing, only initial ideas and artwork. To say the least, since I have the whole week of next week until Thursday (which is my last exam ), I'll be working on it a little more, but I'm worried that it'll be my typical outcome of dropping out right at the last minute. I'll keep trying to complete it in time, but it's getting to a point now where if I can't pick up from where I was before, I'm screwed, so you'll have to bear with me "/.

I DON'T want to drop out of this, but if I have to, then I will proudly smash my head against the wall for dropping out of my 3rd competition entry .

Sorry for that outrage, the bloody exams are holding me back and flushing my imagination out of my tiny brain.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 00:47 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 22:46
Alright, here's the link: taken down due to a corrupted file

It's probably bad, I haven't even had time to test it to see what's all happening. All I know is I've got 8 minutes til we leave for Europe and as I'm typing this it's only 25% uploaded. If the mediafire link doesn't work try again the next day(it's a native bug to files on mediafire, they don't process files efficiently at all). Procrastination is not the way to go!

Note: there were occasional performance drops at random places on my machine. They were never in the same spot for me, so I don't know. Engine's fault.

And sorry Budo, I didn't have time to test out the positions of your black bar HUD. So therefore it's not included in this compo release. And yes, Rads will continue. This was like a teaser, I guess. Boring as a sack of potatoes teaser(which is a result of procrastination again).

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:00
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171302&b=25

My game's up for now, I'm rather proud of what I've done with it right now . I might just stand a chance.

@le shorte,

I have a feeling I'll be the last to submit their game now . I may download it tomorrow if I have spare time . Good luck from your competitor .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 19:35
Great guys!

Sadly, I cannot download from this computer, as it's a loaner I'm using on a trip. (Hail from Wisconsin BTW!)

But I'm looking forward to playing them on Monday.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:01
When's the end date again? I can't remember if you said it was extended to the 20th or something .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:17
QUICK NOTE: Hey guy, Nvidia just released the 257.xx drivers! what does this mean? Well these new drivers add a lot more support and bug fixes to the previous revision of drivers 197.xx I was BSODing sometimes with the 197 drivers and FPSC would cause the drivers to not respond. If you use an Nvidia Graphics card go to

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

To download these new drivers. Much more stable.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 23:30
Quote: " (Hail from Wisconsin BTW!)"

You know the joke.

Quote: "if you said it was extended to the 20th or something"

I don't really know when the extended date is anymore, Shadowtroid and I will work that out once he gets back.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 20:03 Edited at: 13th Jun 2010 20:03
Quote: "Nvidia just released the 257.xx drivers!"

They haven't for my GT 240...it's still at 197.xx.

Quote: "I don't really know when the extended date is anymore, Shadowtroid and I will work that out once he gets back."

Ok, cause I think I need a bit more time for this because on Thursday I'm going with a few of my mates out for the day so I can't work on the game then or Friday due to my exam. I'm not dropping out of another competition again .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 20:31
Interwebs in hotel Europeqn keyboard screwing me up. Oh well... game looks good from, what I saw, SSG!

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 21:16 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 01:23
@Le Shorte: I know that you are not home, but if you can, you might want to take down your game, and repost it when you get back. I tried extracting it with Winrar, and it said that one of the files was corrupt. When I tried to run the game, it just crashed, presumably because it was because of that missing file.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 23:19
I'm back guys. Wooohooo!

Quote: "When's the end date again"

Thought I extended it to the 15th...Me and Budokaiman will talk about it some more.

Quote: "You know the joke."

I do?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 01:22
Ok, we have extended the deadline a week, it will now be the 22nd. The following people have said that they will submit a game, but we have not really heard from yet:

the dark ale
mgarand (TBD)
game freak16
AceJ1995
The Imperfect Sheep
jmtmew

Would you guys please state if you will still be submitting a game?

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
@budokaiman
I was busy because of the school. Now I have more time to work with the game. For now I have made one level.

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 18:56
I have been really busy lately, if I can't submit it by next week, then just forget me

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 20:57
You know, no offense, but can we please pick a final deadline? It's beginning to feel like a game thats being delayed. I understand people need extensions, but this is like the 3rd one already. I say, pick the last week of the month and call that the judging period. All games must be submitted by that time. At the end of the week the judges play all the games and determine winners. It's kinda annoying hearing that the date has been extended again, and again. I'm really gearin up to play some of my competitions' games, but it feels like this contest has no end!

Susysyay
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 22:29
The 22nd is the absolute final deadline. We extended it, just to make sure that those who entered will still be competing, but I will also need an extension, because I won't be home this week at all.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 22:45
Gah, home 24th. But let it be known I went down trying!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

zerocool126
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 02:26 Edited at: 16th Jun 2010 02:27
extended the deadline again thats crazy i think the late people should get slaped, pushed in a mud puddle then go cry to your moms. you are all fired. missing the deadline is bad and asking for an extention would cost millions of dollers in the real world. i think the late people should get pionts deductions on there games.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 23:36
We needed the deadline extended because of exams and other important stuff...besides, I'd rather aim for a B in my Maths than strain to complete this at a top-notch standard and get a U in my exams. We'd only get points deducted after the final FINAL deadline.

Quote: "Oh well... game looks good from, what I saw, SSG!"

Thanks .

Screw Music, I'll work on this a little more whilst revising a bit of Music too, it was my weakest subject anyway .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 17:34
have a question about fpscx10 when I did the update to version 1.11, the ragdoll disappeared, the characters disappear like magic! (Did the fact of my being to update 1.11teen has something to do with it?) If not, I'd love to know how realistic games would be made with fpscx10, if you shoot at enemies and they disappear, without ragdoll, ragdoll was one of the main attractions of fpscx10, and you as tearing it away? I find it very strange.
then that is why I wonder if this has anything to do with the update''teen''
in the same 1:09 version still contained ragdoll, I went straight from 1.09 to 1.11, both were teen.
I took a look at the pictures, I think you are creating games a little too square, example, the relationship between grass and earth is impossible, the chars are tiny, in fact most of the games themselves do not show how the engine is strong and this not only with the dx10 x9 also have this problem most of the creations, the TGC should give an example, to at least show you guys here, what exactly would be an ideal game made with the FPSC (no matter which one) hehe ... Of course, if they by chance one day have a little time, the bloom is also serious problems with the update, maybe I can fix it, i do not know.

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
zerocool126
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:29
i was only jokeing about taking points away for being late people have a life and we are not being paid for making these games so its ok to be late its not the end of the world
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:36
gendestroier,

You need to re-install the MATURE pack from your Order History again .

zerocool126,

Yep, I can't spot sarcasm even to save my life . I have 3 days to whip up a demo, this'll be tough lol!

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 01:46
Hey all,
Well the competition is nearing the deadline! I hope everyone is doing their best. Cant wait to try my competition's games! Just one small thing. To the judges, under CURRENT VALID ENTRIES, you have written my games name (Prisoner at War) and my name of course. Only thing is you spelled my name wrong. You have spelled it 'Suaysyay' even though its 'Susysyay.' I kindly ask you to fix the small and minor error. Its just that I want my proper name next to my work. I take pride in it and I want to be recognized for it.

Thanks,
Susysyay

Susysyay
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 05:38
Ah, my apologies. Must have been a typo or something.

Changed.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:10 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 21:11
Ok, the deadline is tomorrow (all games must be submitted by 23:59 tomorrow night). Good luck to everyone, hopefully more people are able to get their entries in.

Logo by The Next
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:24
Its especially tense for me! I had my game in before the ORIGINAL MAY deadline! Ive been waiting for this for a while!!! Cant wait. BEST OF LUCK TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU

Susysyay

Susysyay
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:26
Great. Someone take a lucky pick at what I'm gonna say...person who gets it right gets a cookie.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:27 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 21:28
You would like to give budokaiman a cookie.

Logo by The Next
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:28
I wish . But seriously, take a guess, it's rather blatant .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:39
Either you are or aren't ready. I'll keep my hopes up and say that you are ready.

Logo by The Next
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:42
Quote: "I'm afraid that this won't be entered for the Revival Competition because I haven't had time on my side, so my exams and work have taken that time away ."

Quoted from my WIP. Sorry, I so want to kick myself senseless . Don't bother on waiting for me either, if I don't submit it, I don't submit it. I don't know if my dad wants me to work tomorrow, even if not I probably won't be near ready .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:50
*sadness*

Logo by The Next

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:26:24