Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New Pack Prewiew, "Wastelanders!"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 19:17
I would not worry overly about the polycount of your cool buggy CP

Even todays budget gfx cards can handle a hell of a lot of polygons, plus it is not like there will be 30+ of them on screen at once.

If your really worried, you could just go over it and reduce the polygons of anything not directly seen by the player. i.e. the parts of the engine facing the chairs etc.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 19:29 Edited at: 29th Sep 2010 20:06
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 20:45 Edited at: 29th Sep 2010 21:03
Quote: "The majority of polys is in the engine. I did have an idea about converting the engine area to a platform where one could stand, and lay waste with a mounted machine gun. that would drop the poly count by at least a third. (But man, the exposed engine, makes it look really cool).
"

I was thinking more like making the round tubes square tubes for the frame, and maybe making the headlights squared instead of round.
I like the engine too, so it would have to stay regardless of the poly count from other changes.

Quote: "Maybe I'll include both versions, and folks could choose which one to use."

Just your original is fine for me, anyone wanting to change it can always learn more about modeling by making the changes themeselves.
I have lots of fun modifying your models, because they are so cool to start with it's hard for me to mess it up too bad because it is still nice after I mutilate it.

Quote: "I would not worry overly about the polycount of your cool buggy CP"

Yeah, 5600 is not that bad. (i was close on the guess too)

Quote: "If your really worried, you could just go over it and reduce the polygons of anything not directly seen by the player. i.e. the parts of the engine facing the chairs etc."

Yeah, that would be the only way I would mess with the engine, but I doubt if you really need to, since the poly count is acceptable.

Quote: "Even todays budget gfx cards can handle a hell of a lot of polygons, plus it is not like there will be 30+ of them on screen at once."

Yeah, 20 would be more than enough.

I wasn't suggesting that there are too many polys; I was just curious about the count is all.

Conjured Entertainment

WARNING: Intense Madness
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 21:03
That dune buggy looks amazing!! Perfect for a Motorstorm kind of game (which probably wouldnt be possible in FPSC )... Cant wait to see more CP

Tony: What are those? The power rangers? LOL, anyways, they look awesome!

Gencheff: I vote yours the winner

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 23:12
The Wasteland Dune Buggy looks soooooo awesome CP. If only fpsc had a terrain system and driving mechanics.

Check out my new model pack:
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 02:27
Quote: "If only fpsc had a terrain system and driving mechanics."

Dark basic pro does and it would be cool to see this in dark basic pro. I think when its done I'll test it out.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 18:07 Edited at: 30th Sep 2010 22:51
Quote: "Perfect for a Motorstorm kind of game (which probably wouldnt be possible in FPSC"

Quote: " If only fpsc had a terrain system and driving mechanics."

I can make it a pretty convincing remote cotrolled car in stock FPSC, so I can have some driving fun. (strap on a bomb and a timer on an RC car and have some real fun)
lol
I guess I could call it an 'unmanned assault vehicle' instead of a 'remote controled car', but that is my plan; about 1/4 scale or smaller.
It will make a good go cart too, with a little modification. (go carts for flat tracks are doable in fpsc)

That is the only reason I will switch to square tubing for the frame and headlights, to add a driver mesh without increasing the poly count.
I'll probably do these animations from scratch though instead of using my old stock car ones, so I can get the individual wheels bouncing a bit.
I want the driver to move his hands while steering, since it has an open cockpit and the driver is in full view.
It might not be the perfect effect with my script but I'll be driving this bad boy in FPSC.

I know one thing though, I'm not letting the warrior drive.
All he had to do in one of my tests was to drive the car as close to the thug as possible WITHOUT hitting him.
As you can see in the video, he failed on all 3 attempts.
I think I might let one of the girls drive next time.

Conjured Entertainment

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 08:04
I can't wait. You have my money guaranteed, CP. Do I know how soon I'll be able to scrape together the money? No. Am I going to buy the pack? YES.

What if your toaster was possessed?
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 10:09
Off Topic, AMC had a Mad Max marathon all day yesterday, twas awesome.

On Topic, buggy looks really good. Your speed and modeling agility are always amazing. Keep it up.

"...space is where I'll fight and where I'll die."
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 21:43
*Mini Bump*

Any updates CP??

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 01:01
Sorry guys, need to take a break for a few days, just had 3 teeth pulled yesterday, and have been hanging out in cosmoland from the meds the doc gave me. I'll be back to work on this by the first of the week.

Now is the time, for all good things to pass. And don't it figure, My toilets' broke.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 01:04
Ouch

Sorry to hear that Cosmic, hope you get better soon!

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 02:16
Quote: "Sorry guys, need to take a break for a few days, just had 3 teeth pulled yesterday, and have been hanging out in cosmoland from the meds the doc gave me. I'll be back to work on this by the first of the week. "

Heh, when I got my tooth pulled, I had no meds

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 02:26
Oh... Damn that must have hurt! Hope you feel better soon CP

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 03:49
Quote: "have been hanging out in cosmoland from the meds the doc gave me."

I want to hang out in cosmoland!

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 20:17
Quote: "Oh... Damn that must have hurt!"

Not quite...they pulled it when I was numb. But it hurt a lot before that. It was actually a routine checkup when they found the tooth which needed to be pulled

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 21:02
Thanks Guys, Yeah, But it was infected, and I had to get a few stitches, so he gave me some stuff called Hydrocodone. And it puts me to sleep when I take it. I guees I'm a wuss when it comes to stuff like that.

Now is the time, for all good things to pass. And don't it figure, My toilets' broke.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 21:07
Quote: "But it was infected, and I had to get a few stitches, so he gave me some stuff called Hydrocodone."

My mums on that stuff for back pains, knocks the stuffing out of her.

7045 Forum Messages
65 Forum Threads
It's been a good three years.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 21:14
That reminds me of the time I swallowed 3 pills thinking they were Tylenol, but they turned out to be Vicodin ... That put me in Cosmoland for while I tell ya...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 23:17
Quote: "My mums on that stuff for back pains, knocks the stuffing out of her."

Well that makes me feel better, that it's not just me.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cp, sent you an email.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 03:02 Edited at: 4th Oct 2010 04:21
Quote: "he gave me some stuff called Hydrocodone. And it puts me to sleep when I take it. I guees I'm a wuss when it comes to stuff like that."

The 500's are not too bad, but the 750's do have a kick.
Have fun and do a double at the end for old Conjured, lol, just kidding.

Seriously though, overdosing on that can cause liver failure so moderate.
Also...
Quote: "Hydrocodone, along with most other opioids, may also severely decrease testosterone levels in men..."

If you had an infection then you probably got some amoxicillin or other antibiotic. (that stuff makes me sick)

Get well.

Conjured Entertainment

Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 05:16
Resident Evil fan Mr. Cosmic?! Its okay, I am too!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Shaka, You are Back, Pal!

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 03:35 Edited at: 6th Oct 2010 03:36
Not sure if anybody's said this yet, but I think it looks a lot like Borderlands. Maybe I'll do some retextures to give 'em the black outlines as seen in the game

E007eragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 03:47
This is looking like a really nice pack.
Quote: "Not sure if anybody's said this yet, but I think it looks a lot like Borderlands"

Yes, i agree. It could be like fallout 3 too.

So Cosmic, are you planning on making different soldier types besides the main one and the heavy trooper? like a sniper, medic, explosives, tech, marine, pilet/driver, etc. too? I think it would be really cool.

E007eragon
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 09:55
I never worshipped any male person until now but I guess I should build a cosmic prophet shrine =P

@Cosmic: Thats JUST what I'm lacking to start on my Shavra episodes...I can't wait for the release o.O

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 23:47
Small update: Here's the first of two weapons our good friend Starmind, and I have made for the pack. This is a reproduction of the sweet blade from the film "Steel Dawn".

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 23:48
Is that being held by the player (in the screenshot), or is it just a static entity... Either way it looks awesome. Hats off to Starmind for the model

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 23:52 Edited at: 7th Oct 2010 03:01
This is a screenshot of the pickup entity. Currently it's rigged to EAI's hand rig for testing, And I need to try and get Jake's permission for use. If that does not come to pass, I'll have it re-rigged for release on another rig.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 02:04
Not sure I like the way it's sitting as a pick up CP
Some small child could fall over and poke his/her eye out

You just get better and better my friend, loving your latest work

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 02:24
LOL, Thanks buddy! Oh man, you just gave me a great idea.....More to come!

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 07:05
Quote: "Some small child could fall over and poke his/her eye out "

Quote: "you just gave me a great idea.....More to come!"

Lol this could prove quite interesting! Can't wait to see what you cook up next, this pack is really exciting!

Cheers.

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 11:03
Nice to see you taking on characters Cosmic. And that Armored Truck... PLEASE tell me that thing is your daily driver!!!

C.R. 2008

My Graveyard Of Former Projects: Resident Evil 4.5, The Blair Witch Project 2.0, Resident Evil 4.5 File 2, Art Of Darkness
cyberken69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 00:03
You had me sold when I saw the robots. The flying machines look very Terminator: Rise Of The Machines - now if they came equipped with their own laser guns that would be awesome

A whole lot of work has went into this and you deserve every penny you get for this - and more.

Can't wait for the release
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 00:57
Quote: "Maybe I'll do some retextures to give 'em the black outlines as seen in the game"

Can't be done with textures alone - sorry.

7145 Forum Messages
65 Forum Threads
It's been a good three years.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 04:45
Quote: "Can't be done with textures alone - sorry."

It can be as simple as using the watercolor filter of Paint.net and Gimp. That gets the Borderlands look.

I do private FPSC scripting- email for more details.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 05:41 Edited at: 10th Oct 2010 05:42
Quote: " I was thinking around Ten Bucks "

??? Are you mad! I'd say at least $30

Poloflece

Poloflece, not to be mistaken for polofleece, polar fleece or polar flece.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 05:41 Edited at: 10th Oct 2010 05:41
Sorry for double post (glitch)

Poloflece, not to be mistaken for polofleece, polar fleece or polar flece.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 18:06
Quote: "??? Are you mad!"

Absolutely! And I've got papers to prove it! I'm working behind the scenes here, gathering up some special stuff for this release. Old Cosmic will have a few screens for you to check out soon.

The $10.00 price tag was a loose estimate. It will partly depend on TGC. Still, I plan to shoot for the low end of the scale ( as model packs go) But, plan to include a "Cosmic" amount of media,( Most of you know what that means. ).

Anyway, Give me a few more days to get some of this stuff textured, and I'll have more to show.

Till then...PEACE!

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 19:24
Quote: "Quote: "??? Are you mad!"

Absolutely! And I've got papers to prove it! "

lol
I can't wait for these!

good frame rates matter...
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 16:56
Update: New weapons for your carnal endevours. Here are the Saber-Tooth club, and the BuzzkiLL blade.

More to come....

E007eragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 17:11
Sweet weapons Cosmic, very wastelandish. So do you plan on making guns too? Like Fallout 3 kind of weapons. The ones that are all beat up and have tape on them. Or maybe some of the custom weapons like the deathclaws glove or the railway rifle. This is turning out to be a really cool pack.

E007eragon
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 17:43 Edited at: 12th Oct 2010 17:43
Quote: "The $10.00 price tag was a loose estimate. It will partly depend on TGC."

I'm not TGC, but I don't think they will go for a $10.00 price tag for this pack. It would severely undercut all the other packs and their contributers, discouraging other artist to sell through TGC. I'd say it's a standard $19.99 pack at least.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 19:47 Edited at: 12th Oct 2010 20:39
Cosmic Prophet I have sent you an email about an email I received from you on the 9th, it has no subject and the only message is a web page link to some tripod web page, its send to info contains many names from people from these boards, I want to check this isn't a bulk mail virus being sent out through your contact names, if memory serves, you have had a virus before. So I am a little concerned my macbook has not been fiddled with. Please can you clear this issue up as quickly as possible as this is a major concern to me.

On your knife model above, its guard is on the wrong way, it goes on the opposite side, where the blade is.
http://picturearchive.auctionarms.com/5293090542/9559758/confederate.203242.d-guard.1.bowie.knife.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
This reminds me of that pirate backsword you made with the guard in the wrong place as well, whats interesting is that if you made a gun with a tiny part 'slightly' out, the gun fanatics would do cartwheels, but with the backsword and now with the dagger, its not just slightly off, its so off, they cannot be used, which is a shame as the rest of them is well made.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 22:07 Edited at: 12th Oct 2010 22:10
Quick fix, Here you go.

fallen one: Replied.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Those weapons are Awesome. Now we are talking Excellent work Dale.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models"
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 02:56
Wow Cosmic the weapons look so cool. I am really into the whole fallout-ish/wasteland style. This thread is really cool.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 06:16 Edited at: 16th Oct 2010 06:17
Ill give you another link to free or low cost software for next gen modelling.
If you want to make the low rez model from the high poly normal map route, here is a free tool to reduce the poly count.
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 22:51 Edited at: 25th Oct 2010 19:25
Quote: "I'm not TGC, but I don't think they will go for a $10.00 price tag for this pack. It would severely undercut all the other packs and their contributers, discouraging other artist to sell through TGC. I'd say it's a standard $19.99 pack at least."

Yeah, I agree that $20 would be better than $10, even though I'm not TGC either.

Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:03:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:03:01