Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Apex Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 10:30
Hi Eugene, even if Hockeykid did this, you wouldn't be able to combine it with another mod, such as RPGmod. Mods are stand-alone and so would need to 0MB lightmapping incorporated directly into them, or into the stock FPSC source code on which they are based.

rexzooly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 15:56
Do we have a release date yet ? I read the hole thing and was just wanting to know what will be the catch on this, I already paid for FPSC and have no spare cash, I have this really looming feeling I going to lose out on all these great fixs, addons and the mulitplayer options, but at the same time it also sounds like you rebuild most of the system from the ground up so I sure it will be worth money but sadly not all of us have money.

I still like to know when it weill be release tho and the price we are looking at and other things as this as options that I kind of need.

Also will this be able to run stand alone from FSPC or will it be over ride job?

I am a programmer but want to try making a game also own x9
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 16:52
The mod will replace the "FPSC-Game.exe" in your FPS Creator root folder and will probably add some other files.

Also I don't think, that the release will be anywhere soon. (Maybe in half a year or more)

Best wishes,
Jan

Skype name: thek491
rexzooly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 17:19
Are then sadly this is not a project I can follow just not well not as a something I want to use now, I guess this will be a hobby follow, as it sounds like a good update of functions

But maybe they will have a beta or alpha testing

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 22:21
Quote: "Due to the nature of my project I use RPG Mod. I assume the two mods won't be compatible. How about setting up the 0MB lightmapping feature as a stand-alone app as many will be interested in purchasing this on its own?"

As it has already been stated, it would not be compatible with RPG mod, or any other mod.

Quote: "Do we have a release date yet ?"

Not yet

Quote: "lso I don't think, that the release will be anywhere soon. (Maybe in half a year or more)"

Haha I can assure you TheK the mod will not take another 6 months to be released, just make sure to check this thread for HockeyKid updates.

On a side note, HockeyKid has gone out of his way, to improve the FPSC engine, when he didn't have to. He heard the crys from the people who wanted to Create MP games, and instead of patching it up, he completely re-wrote it. When the main developers of FPSC would not address the memory issue, HockeyKid took it upon himself to fix it. Not to mention the countless bugs he has fixed, in not just the mod, but the work he has done to the engine with TGC.

You are in turn supporting him for what he has done. Many many many many hours of work, days, and months have been put into this to make sure you are getting a quality mod, that basically does it all for you, without you having to worry about getting technical.

So just save a couple of bucks. Its not going to be $100 or anything ridiculous.

It's not just another mod guys, It's the Apex of FPSC.

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 23:20 Edited at: 14th Oct 2011 23:21
Quote: "Haha I can assure you TheK the mod will not take another 6 months to be released, just make sure to check this thread for HockeyKid updates."

I haven't really followed the development of Project Apex until now, so I was just trying to guess it.

Sure, I hope that Project Apex will be released as soon as possible. I really can't wait to try out the 0MB lightmapping feature!

Best wishes,
TheK

Skype name: thek491
feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
Is project Apex compatible with FPSC IP 4.0? It would be great to use the fix to "waiting to join" and the lobbies and chat of FPSC IP.

Thanks!
rexzooly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 00:30
Can I ask Soviet176 and anyone else stop telling people to use this system before its even out, its not completed and its missleading no to say its just spamming people now, I was pointed here saying this will fix my problem and so was freedmelmao, but when getting hear reading the full topic there is nothing yet to help a user, maybe in the future but now yet.

I like the work I see but its not fair to tell a use go view the posts it does not say its coming soon it say or have you tired our system, well I thought it was by hockeykid not Soviet176.

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2011 10:32
Can't wait for this mod release! xD
Been having to find cheap workarounds for my large outdoor levels when the lightmapping process crashes the engine. So far setting the in-engine preferences for lighting shadows to 'Best for Performance' or disabling multi-threading in settings.ini are the only things that really work without removing/changing any actual game items.

I think I speak on behalf of a whole lot of people when I say I would pay a fair sum of money for 0MB lightmapping alone.

You've made a great contribution to the community hockeykid keep it up!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 22:24 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 04:20
Hey guys, my multiplayer code is all caught up to FPSC's only mine is faster, more stable, and cleaner.

Video of flak in multiplayer below:

feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 23:26 Edited at: 1st Nov 2011 03:35
Wait.... so you fixed the "waiting to join" error, AND added flak and explosive weapons (like RPGs, Glaives, and grenades) to multiplayer?

3 words:
You are amazing

P.S. The video shows TF341 guys! So will Project Apex work with them?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Soviet176 has kindly made a video showing how to forward your ports. Anyone that plans on hosting a game or a server will have to do this (but this time the games will actually be join-able).

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 10:52
very very good, can't wait!

Riccardo
skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 09:24
the multiplayer flak looks awesome. Will the mod have dynamic entities in multiplayer? and possibru buttercutter in multiplayer? that wouild be awesome!! keep us posted on your progress

window 7 ultimate, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 ghz, XFX Radeon HD6790 1GB, 16gb ram

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 14:42
hockeykid being able to integrate bot enemies? so you can create a "zombie mode" online. or create something more interesting than a simple arena.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 18:49
@hockeykid
It's funny I'm a PB mod owner and for me to go from a memory hog mod to a that takes less memory is crazy. great work man.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 06:39 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 06:41
*Fixed bug causing crash when multible clients join
*Fixed bug causing crashed server to stay on the list of servers
*Fixed bug causing weapons to be holstered after killing someone
*Fixed bug causing a crash when Alt was pressed
*Fixed bug causing weapons to not appear after respawn

*Completley re-wrote multi-player code
*Added support for flak in multiplayer
*Decoupled main engine from mapeditor to allow for FPS and memory increases

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
That's good to hear. I am looking forward to this mod. How about some code that would allow items to be attached to a character, like a cup of coffee to the hand bone or a decal for like fire or smoke coming from the hands. Like attachtolimb=1 decal1 or entity.

Just a thought, let me know if you need some testing on a low end computer. Have a good one.

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 00:28
Woah sounds great HockeyKid.
A bug that has really annoyed me in Multiplayer for a long time now is after a while players won't be able to switch weapons. They can pick them up but can't change them. They can only switch between first starter gun and no gun in hand (Pressing 0).

Are you going to make a Google Code of this mod?
JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 13:07
Great work so far hockeykid. The features you have added are very much needed, and will allow us all to take FPSC just that bit higher.

You've got my money for sure mate

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 06:09 Edited at: 29th Feb 2012 06:59
I'M THROWING CASH AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING'S REMOVED: watch your language here HAPPENING!!! MUST PURCHASE NOOOOWWWWW!!!!

You've fixed everything i need! must buy! Estimated Cost? estimated completion date?

even if you cancel the project (like there's a couple things that make it imperfect, like a bug or super-bug) I'd still buy it, maybe fix it myself, but this is just what i need!

That Big Idea guy that can't find the time...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 06:59
Thread locked, as there is a newer on now: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=194651&b=21

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 14:53:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 14:53:41