Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / RPG Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 17:25
I'm back!

Sorry for the delay, I got distracted by the free Blackberry Playbook offer and decided to create an AppGameKit project. Now that's all done for the moment, I can get back to more RPGmod related things.

First up, I've compiled a new version of RPGmod bringing this up to r601 of FPSC. No new RPGmod commands have been added, but I have fixed an issue with the player XP numerical HUD. I've also adjusted the player accuracy code since the latest version of v119 contains its own player accuracy feature. You should be able to use either of them, but not both, with RPGmod, but let me know if you spot any problems.

The new version of RPGmod is available here.

@dbain21: There was a slight issue with the way the player XP HUD was working, but I believe I've fixed it with v5.49. The HUD displayers the player's current XP and the XP needed to get to the next rank in for format [Current_XP]/[XP_to_NEXT_rank]. There was also an error in the UM. Ranks need to be set up such that the first rank is at 0 XP. The code in the setup scrip would look like:

Concerning your myName variable - I will consider this feature for the next version of RPGmod.

@crostha: I would suggest upgrading to v119 and using v5.49 of RPGmod has I can't find the source code for v5.22 and so it's difficult for me to find your bug.

@maho: We are very sensitive to weather changes

@Flatlander: Thanks for helping out again.

I'm still working with integrating DarkOcclusion, but I'm not seeing a massive benefit in fps, so don't expect huge leaps in performance when it's released. I'm also including a feature so that you can switch it OFF should you see no benefit at all. This feature is still WAY off, but i'll post more when I've got something decent to show.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 20:21 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 20:22
Just tried the new version. I'm guessing you're already aware of the run key not working in 1.19 b8? It doesn't work in the latest RPG version either. Scene Commander is aware of this, and is working on a fix for the next 1.19 beta.

Another thing that doesn't work in either 1.19 b8, or the latest RPG version, and I've notified SC of, is the blood decals when attacking enemy AI no longer appear.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 20:29
Hi bruce, yeah I'm aware of the bugs in v119. I'm not trying to fix them in RPGmod as Scene Commander is working on them for v119 and his solution may be different from mine.

crostha 2011
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 19:11
Thanks for your help, but even this will not work !
It is obvious that I have no luck with this program !

crostha 2011
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ched80

All of Bruce's bugs and a couple of others have now been fixed and the source is on google code.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 20:22
Cheers Dave, I'd better crack on with v5.50

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 12:20 Edited at: 6th Mar 2012 12:32
Hi Ched

Good to see you're back. Thanks for the update.

I am in the middle of working out a question sequence (rpg_question and rpg_quicktext) with wrong and right answers, but I've written myself into a loop somewhere. The loop I'll find and fix, but...

My question: To I stop the level, I Ctrl-Alt-Del and then I have to restart FPSC Creator. Is there a way I can break out of the loop and return to editing without restarting FPSC? (Obviously ESC doesn't work)

Thanks

Eugene
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 06:48
Hi Eugene,

I was back, then I went to Spain for a few days. Back again, but only for a day or two and then I'm off to France for a week.

In answer to your question - no there is no way to break out of a loop once FPSC gets stuck. I will look into adding something into the rpglog file so we can get more information about what is happening with FPSC.

In the mean time v5.50 is now ready here.

No new features in this one (still working on the MyName variable), just updated to r603. I realise that r605 is now available, but incorporating the next set of changes won't happen for a week now due to my travel.

Enjoy!

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 10:06
ive downloaded all the newest files for RPGmod and i looked at the new pdf, and went thru the installation process multiple times and the fpsc test engine crashes every time, im using the fpsc v119 beta 8, any ideas what to do?, cause i really want to use this mod

http://flamingchainsawmodels.webs.com/
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 01:56 Edited at: 10th Mar 2012 02:02
FC, are you using a laptop or desktop. What are your specs for the computer.

Did you make sure and encrypt the setup files because the default is to use encrypted files?

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 03:18
im using a desktop, and yes ive encrypted the files

my pc specs that i can gather:
asus
windows 7 home premium x64
8 GB RAM
1 TB total hard disk
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Processor, 2600 Mhz
ATI Radeon HD 5700 series graphics card

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:49
i would download but my filter has filtered mediafire.
but this looks like a really good mod

''Make sure your hands are clean before you point the finger''
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:52
@gozzy1999
I can download it and email it to you if you like.

-TZK

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 13:25
yes please that would do nicely much apreciated

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 15:28
@flaming chainsaw

Try doing this:

Within the rpg.ini file, found in the RPG_Mod folder, change the 1 to 0 and see if that works. The default value is 1 as is shown in image below:

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 16:28
ive tryd that back and forth a few times with the 1 and the 0, its still no working

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 19:01
At what point does it crash? Does it crash before Test game engine started is even displayed? If after how much of the progress bar is displayed? Can you give me the text displayed at the time of the crash?

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 19:35
the game only crashes when i start the test game engine, im in the editor and i click the test game and then it takes a minute for the enigine to start, but it just says "test game engine started" then stays like that then the game engine crashes and says it needs to close

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 21:31
OK, what I need now are the contents of the three setup files that are found in your "working game folder". You can use the "code" enclosure for each one and do a copy/paste. Don't use the encrypted ones.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 02:01
@gozzy1999
I've sent the email.

-TZK

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 13:49 Edited at: 11th Mar 2012 13:51
recieved
but crashes after "testgame engine started"
how do i fix this?

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2012 01:50
Quote: "but crashes after "testgame engine started"
how do i fix this?"

do what flatlander said

Quote: "@flaming chainsaw

Try doing this:

Within the rpg.ini file, found in the RPG_Mod folder, change the 1 to 0 and see if that works. The default value is 1 as is shown in image below:

"

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2012 13:07
oh i will just go and facepalm myself

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 23:13 Edited at: 19th Mar 2012 23:14
I'm working on quests now in my game. This includes going from one level to another level that might be out of sequence; e.g. level 1 to level #4 or going from level #2 back to level #1. Also, this will involve more than 1 level as a quest; e.g. level #2 and level #3 is one quest. Quests that have more than one level need to be consecutive.

So, why am I saying this? I plan on creating a tutorial for this if anyone is interested.

Right now, I can't even remember how to do it.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Right now, I can't even remember how to do it."

I have days like that as well def if you not done it for some time.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 17:45
Several people have been having difficulties with their level crashing right after they have "installed - which includes encrypting the files" RPGmod.

I was just wondering if this might be a security issue? In other words are the files actually being encrypted and saved to the sub-folder. If not you might need to change your rights in order to do so. I'm really not that familiar with how the security rights work because I'm the administrator for my login and it is the only login available. Therefore, I have all rights.

Just a thought.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 21:18
I've thought about this too.

I've been working on adding a few debugging features in v5.51 so that the rpg_log.txt will/should contain some pointers as to why FPSC crashed.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 21:21
Quote: "I've been working on adding a few debugging features in v5.51 so that the rpg_log.txt will/should contain some pointers as to why FPSC crashed."

Really good idea. I thought of doing that but never got a round tuit so wasn't able to do it.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 20:03 Edited at: 6th Apr 2012 21:49
I created code that will allow talk boxes not to freeze the game. I had already done that with having talk boxes with audio and I'm not sure I gave this code to Ched80 to put into the public mod.

Ched, let me know.

However, I created code that will not freeze the game. I could not have done this without v1.19.

There are two possibilities for the talk boxes to display. One is using player freeze and creating a time that the talk box will be displayed. This will take a lot of tweaking to determine the right amount of time so the player can be sure and finish reading the text box. However, I just finished coding an easier way of doing this using a mouse click when the player is ready to continue.

The script for these two ways is as follows:

Timer and player freeze script.

Edit:
Mouse click script. Any mouse button will do.

Note that the first parameter is the number of the talk box created in the setup text file. The second parameter (separated by a space) is either the freeze time or 0 if wanting to use the mouse click. You do not have to have the name of the entity correspond to the name given in the setup file.

If you are using the timer you will need to make sure and use it before you go to the next state. You don't want the next state to be executed before the player is finished reading the text. You will notice that the value used is the same value in the talkbox parameter.

If you are using the mouse click then you will use the mouseclick=1 condition. We use the value 1 because I hard-coded this to be the left mouse button in the engine.

@Ched
As soon as you let me know if I had already sent you the talkbox with audio or not. If not, I'll send both the code to you.

Addendum (EDIT - 04/06/2012):

mouseclick=x does not work, in fact it is not even present in the code, and therefore the mouseclick=1 is not working. I am in the process if rewriting the code for rpg_mouseclick=x so that it will work better. I'll make another post when this is possible. Of course, Ched80 doesn't have "talk boxes no game freeze" implemented as yet.

Edit:
I did rework rpg_mouseclick, however, I had to add a new command to work with rpg_talkboxnogamefreeze. This command is rpg_playerclickedmouse. The updated code is found in the code box above.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 16:47
Announcement

Our good friend and in whom I am indebted, Pirate Myke, is compiling all of the RPGmod commands to use within FPI EditPad. As you can imagine this will take some time. I have a lot of the commands added however, I never bothered to put in a description for them. Also, I don't have all of them added either. Only do I add a command when I use it and it is not there.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 17:14
Quote: "Announcement etc"

That's excellent news, this will make FPI EditPad an even more essential tool for the serious FPSC user

Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 01:07
Can I ask a really basic question please -- I couldn't work it out from glancing through the manual.

Does RPGmod allow for branching conversations where the player has an option of two or three different set replies, e.g. like conversations in Fallout 3? From what I could tell, it seems the conversation requires the player to type in a response.

Also, are there any vids out there of the mod in action -- I searched youtube but couldn't see any.

Any info much appreciated.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 02:16 Edited at: 8th Apr 2012 02:17
I'm not familiar with Fallout 3. I'm not familiar with any game actually.

However, I think the "generic selection" might work for you. Check it out and let me know. I believe I allowed for up to 7 possible selections. These selections are whatever you need. I think conversational will work. You might have to figure out how to ask the question first and go from there.

I am currently making a game using RPGmod.

Check out this WIP. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195579&b=25

Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 13:21
Thanks for your response. Yes, at first glance at the manual I did wonder whether the generic selection might be the option most likely.

Your game looks great!
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

A wow-thanks to Pirate Myke - it is a gargantuan task as RPG as as many commands as FPSC!

Flatlander - 'tis good to see you're back developing again.

Kilgore - generic selection is the option - just keep your eyes on what follows each possible reply as this gets easily confused in the scripting.

Regards

Eugene
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 00:11
Flatlander,
(continuation from the other thread)

Would you be able to do a recording showing the write file functions being used with a triggerzone?

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 02:47 Edited at: 11th Apr 2012 04:10
I'll give it a shot, TGJ.

Addendum:

Uh, it basically works but I must have done something in the meantime and it's not working 100%. I'm going to fix it and do a couple of other things while I'm at it.

Addendum #2:

Duh, never mind I mispelled a script command there is no bug.

Addendum #3 (edit 8:09 pm):

I am going to change the way to encrypt a file that is written to the hard disk. You can do it already but it is not very efficient.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 06:31 Edited at: 11th Apr 2012 11:25
Edit: Do not try this at home; not until the new version of RPGmod is released by Ched80. Should be at the end of the week. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Instead of doing a video of how to use the write2file commands, I just made a simple map and scripts. You can download them with the download link.

The RPGmod manual does not explain that you can encrypt the files as well. All you have to do now is indicate the following:

rpg_openfile2write X-Y Z

X = the file number of 1 to 3. Y = a flag to either encrypt the file or not. 0 = do not encrypt file or 1 to encrypt file. If there is no Y then it will NOT encrypt file. Z is the FILE NAME.

rpg_openfile2write=1-1 level16.txt, or
rpg_openfile2write=1-0 level16.txt, or
rpg_openfile2write=1 level16.txt

You can use the special characters |, ~ or ^ in order to be able to write to the file a colon, comma, and or equal sign.

The | is replaced by a colon. The ~ is replaced by a comma and the ^ is replaced by the = sign in the written file.

rpg_write2file=X Y

X = file number and Y is the text to write.

See the script files in the zip file that you will download. Put the script files in the scriptbank folder and the map in the mapbank folder or a sub-folder of mapbank.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 21:15
I just thought that if anybody would like to use the current version of RPGmod, you are able to do that. Opening a file use this command:

rpg_openfile2write=X Y where X is the file number 1 to 3 and Y is the name of the file.

No encryption. Also you cannot use the colon, comma, or equal sign within the text.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ched and Flatlander

Is the the latest RPG Mod updated with the 119 final build?

Thanks

Eugene
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 16:53 Edited at: 12th Apr 2012 17:09
The public RPGmod will not be until sometime next week or later per Ched80.

Addendum:

I also wanted to say that the folder rpgfiles is transferred to the game build so you won't have to do that. Actually both the RPG_Mod and rpgfiles folders are transferred to the game build folder. Only your setup files for that game are transferred.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Flatlander

Thanks for the reply.

Eugene
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 21:59
Flatlander,
Thank You for the explanation. I will most likely pick your brain some more late this weekend or next week.

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 22:31 Edited at: 12th Apr 2012 22:31
TGJ, go ahead and pick away. As long as the ole jar head holds up.

I probably won't be coming back to the forums for awhile but mailback is enabled for this thread. If I don't answer Ched80 might if he has time or just send me an email.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 23:41
Hi all,
Sorry for the radio silence I've been in Spain for a few days with work. I've made good progress with v5.51 and the full version of v119 is now incorporated along with Terry's fixes and a new feature. Hopen to get it uploaded next week when I'm back in the U.K.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 10:46 Edited at: 14th Apr 2012 10:46
I'm adding a major feature to the inventory system. This is for me but I think others might like it as well. Because of the fact that it is now possible to hold different items with the player's "hand" (RPWs, beer bottles, books, and etc.) I have come to the conclusion that I must be able to incorporate such items into the inventory and to be able to bring them out of inventory. You will still only be able to have nine weapons at a time in the slots but you will be able to have many different weapons or other things in inventory. I'm adding five more inventory parameters to the inventory setup.

* isweapon
* weapontype
* gunfolder

and maybe

* isammo
* ammoamount

Not sure of the last two yet.

The first time I tried to do something with weapons it ended up a dismal failure. However, I have learned a lot more about how it works and therefore I think I will be able to come up with a pretty good system. There will be some special things that will need to be done within the level map but it won't be difficult.

I will be working on this now and it will be something completed soon because I want to incorporate it into my game. My RPWs are in inventory and I was having difficulties with taking them out of inventory and using them. The new code will make things a lot easier.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 11:36
That will be a great feature for RPGmod Terry! Would it be possible to include this in the public version at some point in the future?

I won't hold back v5.51 any longer as I would like to bring RPGmod up to speed with v119 (r613).

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 16:23
I'll be working on it today. It probably won't be done for another day or two; but, I will give you the code that will include this added feature. See gmail.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 23:15
I've been doing some scripting for my game. The new feature works. But I noticed a couple of commands that aren't working. This is a little frustrating because I know I've tested all my commands as I write them. Perhaps not thoroughly enough. These do have to do with weapons and I know there have been some changes in codes having to do with weapons. I'm not blaming anybody, but I will be making a fix especially for the command rpg_playerhasthisweapon. It is a very useful condition and I would like to get it to work.

I just wish people would let us know if a particular command isn't working. The only complaints is that they can't get FPSC with RPGmod to run at all.

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 04:32
i still cant get the mod installed, can flatlander or someone do teamveiwer with me to help install it correctly or if im doing it right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:45:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:45:47