Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:01 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 22:01
Hey, TheComet's post JUST got there ,
but I was refering to this thing called the internet, you guys heard of it?

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:06
Eh?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:07
Quote: "Similar to Britain, although we have an extremely "masculine" society, where even saying I love you man and other bromance is considered edgy. In fact saying anything positive about anything remotely feminine is grounds to have you labelled as a homosexual here."

haha xD Reminds me a lot of Australia, the more you love the guy, the more you criticize him and call him names

Quote: "Hey, TheComet's post JUST got there"

Post moderation my friend... Post moderation... I should be off it in 4 days.

TheComet

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:17
Um, you do know a Swiss who knows MLP. You know Quik.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:18
Quik is Swedish, I believe.

Lrn2Eur

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:18 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 22:19
No? hmmm... I'm out of luck then.

and I've got another of many fic questions I don't have a name yet, but I've got some ideas, it'll come, but do you think calling the shadow ponies "Netherponies" would fit? they need a name as well... and they could have been like "shadows" but it sounds cooler Anyways it's also a tip off from when Trixie insluts Twilight if you're one of *those* kinds of fans

Edit: Yup. Quik = Swedish. He gained his country my respect (along with DICE)

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:20
Netherponies sounds cool, but it might be better to remove them from ponydom altogether. To show they aren't even really real.

When does Trixie insult Twilight? :S

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
The forest when they meet

ahhh... so you're saying netherphony!

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:22
Oh in your story? I thought you meant in the episode?

And no, not netherphony.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:25 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 22:27
Quote: "Oh in your story? I thought you meant in the episode"

Oh. Right yeah. Although she sort of does in her episode with all the "what could you posibly do?" directed at Twilight, although she never stands up to her from the insults.

Edit:
Quote: "I'm going to start slapping people who bring up "ponies" or anything related in ALL threads outside of the MLP thread. You've all been warned. "
-Jeku

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:36
When and where did he post that?

Also everyone should listen to it. Anything pony related goes here. We dont wanna get a bad name and it'd be hilarious to see people getting slapped for posting pony hate.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:49 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 22:50
Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Event thread for some reason I don't even know why I looked at that thread

Quote: "it'd be hilarious to see people getting slapped for posting pony hate."

That would be great

Edit: Netherphony would actually make a great Pinkie joke

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:51
If you can set it up right, it would.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad I already nabbed her eh, I'll bring her back

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:56
You don't have to kill anypony! D:

Also I responded to Jeku's post. It was exactly what I wanted anyway. I'm happy keeping this thread by for those discussions, I only responded to other people bashing bronies and ponies in general.

So there's a thread for it here. You have a sarcastic comment or witty quip? Post it.

||
||
||
\/

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 23:00 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 23:02
heres that pic for a refesher, and although we've all seen it a good hub of stuff. Figuired I'd stick it in here anyways http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

Quote: "You don't have to kill anypony! D:"

(very mild and irrelevant spoiler, might ruin the excitement, who knows )

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 23:07
Quote: "Edit: Yup. Quik = Swedish. He gained his country my respect (along with DICE)"

u forgot paradox and the creators of Magicka

anyway http://www.everypony.com/forums/page.php?do=radio

love this pony radio thingy

and for the record, I am a man.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "u forgot paradox and the creators of Magicka "

Yep.

Another radio station Too bad what they're playing now isn't very good I love how people chat about completely unrelated topics... ex
"What's Pixel Shader 2.0"
???
MLP?

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 00:17
I love that too, chattopic that doesnt have to be about MLP while watching MLP videos and songs! ^_^

btw:
Quote: "Edit: Yup. Quik = Swedish. He gained his country my respect"

thats the oddest thing and most flattering thing anyone has ever said to me ~~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 00:36
I think that radio would definitely sap away my download limit on this Mobile Broadband.

I never noticed how much I DL in just...general browsing, it's insane!

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 01:54
I love that stream!

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 02:04
I recently read Cupcakes...
I... Iam disgusted, for real, its NOT OKAY lol

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "thats the oddest thing and most flattering thing anyone has ever said to me ~~"

I know it was a little odd, but it's infact why I remeber you're swedish. Something about you (even though it's just text) seemed unique, and triggered that Quik = my favorite member for some reason (cormorant won't be happy about that )

and I've heard much of Cupcakes, maybe I should read it

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 02:58 Edited at: 27th Jul 2011 02:58
*blushing*

Quote: "and I've heard much of Cupcakes, maybe I should read it "

its..
its...
it's disgusting. It's NOT OKAY I mean urr AAAHHHH. read it.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 03:01
Quote: " (cormorant won't be happy about that )"

And speaking of Rarity, at that Stream place they asked if I roleplayed and I said I had done it before but not for My Little Pony. After a long conversation now I'm the neighborhood Rarity!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "*blushing*"

@Cormorant.../Rarity
That's the perfect pic

and for some reason I keep thinking you're coromont5 not cormorant5

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 06:22
Quote: "Cheesecake did it right on the desktop thread"

That didn't happen! You have no proof!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 09:46
Quote: "and I've heard much of Cupcakes, maybe I should read it"

Yes read it. It's disgusting alright, but it's a kind of thing that you just have to know about... If you like it or not.

TheComet

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 12:47 Edited at: 27th Jul 2011 21:24

...Don't you Cheesecake. :3

And pfft, Cupcakes is laaame. You're all such...such FLIP-FLOPS!

/Edit/

Also my next fanfic will be up on ED in a few hours.

It's a crossover with Halo. I'm pretty chuffed that I've planned out a series that involves no Spartans and doesn't collide with existing canon or games.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:03
I loved that episode of Spongebob. And is your fanfic up now?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:07
I loved it too, and no, not yet.

I think it's due about 10PM GMT..ish.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:09
Bah.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 22:13 Edited at: 27th Jul 2011 23:31
I have them up on my DeviantArt though.

/Edit/

It's up now! And Halo haters bombed the ratings. XD

Also I've got a tonne of comments complaining that Equestria is a country, not a planet.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 17:51 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 18:20
Hey Coffee, looks like your ratings have gone back up 4.5 is certainly respectable from the utter mess ratings over there are. I took a really quick peek, but I've only ever played halo once so I would be lost and confused rather fast. Still good job.

Edit: and to follow up on my odd Quik thing... You seem to have it hard over there, from the few things you've posted I won't really bring up, because posting personal stuff on the internet comes with downsides and I don't want to group it all together in one, easy to stalk package and I must say your models are very good. With all the stuff I've heard I can't help but think, wow, this guy's great. You seem to be doing fine, makes me feel like I have no problems Anyways wanted to clarify that a bit, as to make sure no one thought I was coming on to you

Edit2: Here's an update on the my Fic. It's clearly going to be in chapers, so I figuire I'll probably finish the first part today. I think I'll keep "netherponies" because some of the up and coming pinkie pie will clarify a bit of what's going on, and provide more of an understanding. As for a name... it's what's holding me back I beleive I'm going to use sleep, and am considering calling it "sleep" or I thought about a variation on "Sleep tight my little ponies" hmm...

Edit3: Mind as well keep over editting while I'm at it. I can't seem to understand eqestria daily's commenting system. Why is a URL needed for simply a name, how to they prevent fraud posts(others pretending to be you) and... Google account does nothing I don't get it

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 18:53
Quote: "I took a really quick peek, but I've only ever played halo once so I would be lost and confused rather fast. Still good job."

You'd actually be perfect, alot of Halo fans complained that I didn't feature various characters. I tried to take it slow, and from the start to make it easy for non-Halo fans to get into it too. None of the characters are based on main characters in Halo, they're all OCs and obscure canons.

Also add Past Sins to my list of reccomended fanfics. Add the hay out of it!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 18:58 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 19:29
Quote: "
Reccomended fics:

The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle,
Tabluna Rasa,
Of Mares and Magic,
The Sacrifice and the Return of Spring,
The Elements of Awesomery,
The Centrepiece of my Collection,
When Trey Came to Town,
Out in the Cold, (and it's subsequent follow-ups),
Past Sins

These vary from fairly good to downright awesome for some."

Edit: (again) Gah! forgot to say my Fic needs a casual read through to check for typos, and I suppose general understanding (lots of th time writers will write something and assume the reader understands, and they don't, and I'm no exception) for ED. I don't want to ask CG though, he's done enough. I feel bad asking but, er, any takers?

I'll forget the quote and just respond(to CG)...perfect you say ...

Edit2(I'm on a role!): I just thought of the name "Ink" it would be so perfect, but I think theres a movie called that, and this has no relation.

Edit3(wish you got points for these): Too bad. "Ink" is too perfect and relates to more of the story too. I've managed to make the story into a bit of a mind bender. Enjoy your tea.

Edit4()https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j2jiM2HJTaf3wpvwokWOXB48221h9A5iR-0SDmNfCMk/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1# I'm pitching in the link again.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 19:58
Put Past Sins at the top, I'm serious, it's easily the best fic I've ever read.

Also I'm going out now, but I'll re-read your fic when I get back.

Quote: "I'll forget the quote and just respond(to CG)...perfect you say"

To guage how well I've written for non-Halo fans. I'd need you to read it and tell me what you think.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd need you to read it and tell me what you think."

An eye for an eye I see. I'll bite. Though unfortunately my story is rather bland at the moment. Up until later parts(unwritten) the ponies aren't exactly my kind of characters. It takes me a bit to devise how they would react. I wish I could just skip there... Because I'm upset with my current outcome, but the rest is to epic to pass up. Honestly, the ink will consume your mind, but that's for a later day

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 22:10 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 22:21
Phew. That first little section really confused me, lots of information in there Honestly the whole first chapter left me confused even the more. You like to use lots of words and I had trouble dictating which ones were vital or not. I think it would help loads if you just fixed the paragraphs Sometimes you would start a new thought within a previous paragraph, and I would have no idea what was going on. I guess I would have liked you to refine it a bit so it was fully clear. I know we all hate it, but don't forget to indent But hey! I like to start with the bad stuff first so you get a better contrast of the two. Bad stuff is what we're always looking for, although it's hard to understand why, so often times upsides are drowned out. Anyways , once I got to the second chapter everthing cleared up a lot and it was sooo much better I was worried I wouldn't know what to say at first, but many of the things I stated earlier were eons(however that's spelled) better. It was quite clear what was going on, even if I had to check back at something abrupt, and somehow the paragraphs sorted themselves out. The story line cleared up as well and it was finally quite interesting to read. I think there may have been a bit much thrown out there at once at the beggining that may not have been vital to the story. It boged it down a bit. I don't understand how the two chapters were so different though. As far as halo terms (the reason I read through not that^) I think you could have been clearer as to what things really were, but it didn't seem necisary to know anything about Halo, unless my confusion was actually a result of it. Seemed fine to me So in the end I definitely enjoyed it, and thanks for the read.

so that was REALLY long and possibly unclear, so feel free to ask me to clarify You'll probably need to. Now, looks like somepony read through mine

Edit: I forgot to bug you aboutKILLING TWILIGHT it was casual and not a huge point, but nopony can bug me about nabbing ponies up you hear!

Ohhh and sorry for the double post... My mistake, they were complete different topics and I kinda missed that. *sorry mods*

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 22:20
@swissolo: Havent been able to answer your flattering post here, so ill do it now:
Quote: "Edit: and to follow up on my odd Quik thing... You seem to have it hard over there, from the few things you've posted I won't really bring up, because posting personal stuff on the internet comes with downsides and I don't want to group it all together in one, easy to stalk package and I must say your models are very good. With all the stuff I've heard I can't help but think, wow, this guy's great. You seem to be doing fine, makes me feel like I have no problemsAnyways wanted to clarify that a bit, as to make sure no one thought I was coming on to you "

Thank you, It's very flattering of you to say so, and I appreciate it very much, however iam not so sure if I understand the part marked in fat characters: I dont think i have a hard time here, I go to school and I have a child, I also try to keep up with modelling and friends but thats it, I don't really have it hard, i think i have it great here, sure it might change once i get out of school but hey, as of now i have a great time here. Regarding my kid thats working out pretty darn well, she is two years old, so i got her at the age of 16. Obviously it was rather scary, I crashed the relationship I had at the time, since I REALLY wasnt prepared for it, I have matured since then obviously, and me and my daughters mother have a nice "family connection" but we are not togheter.

Not sure if ANY OF THAT was what you were pointing at though, but hey, now everypony know x) And:
Quote: "and I must say your models are very good. With all the stuff I've heard I can't help but think, wow, this guy's great. You seem to be doing fine, makes me feel like I have no problemsAnyways"

Thank you once again

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 22:33 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 22:35
Quote: "Regarding my kid thats working out pretty darn well, she is two years old, so i got her at the age of 16. Obviously it was rather scary, I crashed the relationship I had at the time, since I REALLY wasnt prepared for it, I have matured since then obviously"

I would say that was a portion of what I was refering to. You've accidentaly proved my point though I don't care how well it went, to deal with that would be a complete uprooting of life, and hey you can look back on it positively, and are completely open about it. Now it wasn't clear in the "work" thread whether you were looking for some kind of work to the side or not, but you did sport that work wasn't very available or supportive, so really if there is to be no source of income in the future days of your life that has to be trouble some. Either way that's just 2 points, I think theres more but still, you said, hey it's fine, could be worse. It's nice to see such optimism at all. Even if you said, I'm 18, I'd think yep, that has to be tough. I don't care what people say, how are you supposed to know what's happening next, who are you? what's your purpose? So many questions uproot people to depression. See what I mean? It's more laughing in the face of danger, in a different sense

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 23:59
Quote: "I would say that was a portion of what I was refering to. You've accidentaly proved my point though I don't care how well it went, to deal with that would be a complete uprooting of life, and hey you can look back on it positively, and are completely open about it. Now it wasn't clear in the "work" thread whether you were looking for some kind of work to the side or not, but you did sport that work wasn't very available or supportive, so really if there is to be no source of income in the future days of your life that has to be trouble some. Either way that's just 2 points, I think theres more but still, you said, hey it's fine, could be worse. It's nice to see such optimism at all. Even if you said, I'm 18, I'd think yep, that has to be tough. I don't care what people say, how are you supposed to know what's happening next, who are you? what's your purpose? So many questions uproot people to depression. See what I mean? It's more laughing in the face of danger, in a different sense "

Thanks a lot, I dont know what to say

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:35
Also I just marathoned thirteen chapters of Past Sins. I do not reccomend it to anyone, Chapter Ten hits you hard. It's alluded to and you know it's going to happen, but so much happens that it is actually genuinely heartbreaking. It's better written than 90% of the so-called commercial publishings I've read.

Swissolo, your fic better be bloody happy! I need a counter-measure for this...depression.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:37
I don't feel like reading a long post, I've had a long day, which is why I haven't posted. Someone dumb down what's been going on with all these stupid paragraphs. I'm in a lot of pain right now....

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:39 Edited at: 29th Jul 2011 00:47
I dunno what Quik and Swiss are discussing, but I just read the best fanfic I have ever read, and probably second best piece of literature ever.

Past Sins. Look it up, and here's a challenge. Read it all, then read chapter ten without tearing up. You won't. Trust me.

/Edit/

Reading Swiss' fic now. Better be sunshine and rainbows dammit!

Also I'm still having shellshock from Past Sins. I think I may need therapy.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:47
Quote: "I dunno what Quik and Swiss are discussing,"

PFFFFFF x)

Quote: "Past Sins. Look it up, and here's a challenge. Read it all, then read chapter ten without tearing up. You won't. Trust me."

hmm, what kind of sad is it?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:47
Heartbreaking, on a level I have never read before.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 00:58 Edited at: 29th Jul 2011 01:01
Quote: "Swissolo, your fic better be bloody happy! I need a counter-measure for this...depression."

Quote: "Reading Swiss' fic now. Better be sunshine and rainbows dammit!"

For the time being, just insert "and they all lived happily ever after" for an ending

Quote: "I dunno what Quik and Swiss are discussing,"

Don't worry

Quote: "Read it all, then read chapter ten without tearing up. You won't. Trust me."

You won't? don't you mean you will or... Well challenge accepted, now to scheduling removal of tear ducts

Quote: "Heartbreaking, on a level I have never read before."

Hey hey! that could kill a person! I never knew fan fics could cause heart attacks though. This is serious, CG why would you try to kill me!

and just in general, how old does anyone think the ponies are

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 01:02
Well Fluttershy's a year older than Pinkie, but judging by their jobs and cutie marks, they're all at least teenagers.

Quote: "For the time being, just insert "and they all lived happily ever after" for an ending"

Sorry I couldn't finish it. Nothing personal, but that fic has derailed my brain in a very worrying way. I should sleep on it...get rid of it.

Quote: "You won't? don't you mean you will or... Well challenge accepted, now to scheduling removal of tear ducts "

You will cry. Read up to chapter nine, and chapter ten will hit you like a sledgehammer.

The worst part is you know what's going to happen, but it still hits you all the same.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 01:07
Quote: "but judging by their jobs and cutie marks, they're all at least teenagers."

fairly certain cutie marks don't change overtime...

but yeah, iam fairly certain theyre teenagers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:31:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:31:40