Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Third Person/Player Body/Topdown Shooter + Tons More Script Pack!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Leongamerz
Nah, I don't have Yahoo Messenger, I have Skype, YouTube, Facebook and TGC (of course )"

Ohh,well try make Yahoo Messenger Account hehe.Sorry,just kidding.

Quote: "I didn't use the new mesh, since I can do exactly what the remake pretty much does by using the hidelimb=x and showlimb=x commands.
"

So,I just think like this.Showlimb when there is no weapon and hidelimb when player take any weapons,so its not possible but maybe hard right?

Irradic,Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 13:24
@Leongamerz
I'll make an account later, sure. Just don't feel like it at the moment

It may be possible to do, but I don't know. *has epiphany* Edit weapon.fpi to set a variable that lets the game know that the player has just picked up a weapon and hide the arms!

-TZK

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Leongamerz
I'll make an account later, sure. Just don't feel like it at the moment
"

Yeehaa

Quote: "
It may be possible to do, but I don't know. *has epiphany* Edit weapon.fpi to set a variable that lets the game know that the player has just picked up a weapon and hide the arms!
"

Although I am not good with script but I can understand how you feeling.Its hard to create a script and its not like putting this command and condition and its work.So take your time mate.I saw your thread about Corvus mod,I just think it's maybe hard to port it to V1.19.So how long you learn all coding and scripting skill hehe?

Irradic,Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 13:33
@Leongamerz
I think you took what I said the wrong way, just meant that I actually did just have an epiphany, I don't know why I didn't think of that solution earlier.
As for learning the coding, I haven't really coded anything in DBPro, merely ported it and cut out un-required bits, and used common coding knowledge to figure out what does what. As for scripting, practice, community guides, manual and script syntax list is all I can describe

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 13:36
Modified weapon.fpi:

Modified player body:

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
OFFTOPIC

Quote: "As for learning the coding, I haven't really coded anything in DBPro, merely ported it and cut out un-required bits, and used common coding knowledge to figure out what does what. As for scripting, practice, community guides, manual and script syntax list is all I can describe "

Wow it's hard to believe it man.I think will try scripting one day or maybe now hehe.I am just know designing,modelling and texturing.Actually I wanna be coder but designing is fun and improve our creative drastically,still my mind say "I wanna coding" hehe.

ONTOPIC

I don't know why top down is problem.It seem ok when I captured a
picture but but the camera still looks like shaking.I think maybe

state=2:state=3,setframe=11
:state=3:incframe=11
:state=3,framebeyond=11 50,noraycastup=0 -50:setframe=11,incframe=11,advframe=50
:state=3,raycast=0 40,framewithin=11 50:setframe=12,forcebounce=0,state=4
:state=3,raycast=0 60,framebeyond=11 50:forcebounce=0
:state=3,frameatend=11:state=1
:state=4:incframe=12
:state=4,frameatend=12:state=1

this part need to be fix,I just guess.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 13:49
@Leongamerz
Thats the death animation code, it has nothing to do with the camera, just a question though, topdown doesn't have a seizure anymore?

-TZK

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
It still have seizure when I captured a picture,When I look at the picture it's look like nothing happening.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:01
@Leongamerz
Hm, I may have to ask SC why it keeps going so crazy.

-TZK

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:06 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2012 14:07
Quote: "Hm, I may have to ask SC why it keeps going so crazy."

Not crazy but weird,just kidding.So,I hope SC can help.V1.19 is just becoming awesome awesome this day.Did you used official V1.19 or beta?

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:09
@Leongamerz
I developed the scripts during beta, and I don't think anything new was fixed or added since the last version I used (r611 or something like that). Everything should work with v119 beta 9 and up, but it's recommended to use official of course

-TZK

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:16 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2012 14:18
WOW,you still use beta?I still afraid to use beta until official is out.As I know,you're developed Zombie engine or something like that in Game Maker right?I try it and it was awesome.I never archive like that in Game maker huhuhu.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:24
@Leongamerz
Nah, I'm not using beta right now, I'm using official since it has recently come out. And yeah, that was me that made it, I don't know if you've seen it but I released an updated version called the "UBEVE" engine.

-TZK

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""UBEVE""

UBEVE,didn't notice yet.Well did you got my add friend message?

EDIT

Just downloaded and played it.I like Dynamic 3D Rain and Dynamic 3D Raindrops,it's cool.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 10:25
@Leongamerz
Nope, I haven't gotten any friend request messages.
Quote: "Just downloaded and played it.I like Dynamic 3D Rain and Dynamic 3D Raindrops,it's cool."

Thanks, I didn't code the rain though, that was a feature that was ported over from the "GameCave Effects Engine 3.1"
Things I DIDN'T code:
Rain
Snow (not in current public release)
The AI is actually mine, but I never updated the game information to remove the credit to the creator of the unreleased AI.
Gore effects

I think that's about it.

-TZK

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 16:58
I'm interested, just commenting to subscribe for updates
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 05:45
Attached is an update of the player_body.fpi script. This addresses the issues that leongamerz posted. I am yet to make another full release though.

-TZK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 06:45
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 07:17
Haven't read through the entire thread, but i noticed going up stairs and slopes the character is somewhat in the floor going up.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 08:00
@Teabone
That is to be expected, since when linktoplr is used, physics is turned off for some reason.

-TZK

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 18:23
Just a note to say I've been working on my own 3rd Person Scripts, using TZK's scripts as a learning tool, and I think I've solved the following issues:
- character can now shoot,
- character is not sunk in floor
- camera does not poke through walls.

but these solutions come at a cost - the character cannot jump and the character cannot strafe.

I will upload a video on Saturday to show you.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 04:50
@Ched80
Nice work . Could I ask why the character can't jump and strafe though?

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 07:28
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
When the public beta of the LightStorm Engine is released,
I will redesign most of if not all of the scripts in this
pack into lua so they are compatible with LSE. Also, when
the next release of RPG mod is made, the third person
scripts will be redesigned to work more like Fenix mod
thanks to some of the fixes Ched80 has made to the commands
used in the third person scripts.

-TZK

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 11:26
Hi TZK,

I should point out that my fixes have been with scripts only so far - no mod to the source. The limitations I speak of are a result of the way I have engineered the script.

The next version of RPGmod (v5.51) is due to be released this evening, but will not fix the 3rd person commands - these will be fixed within v5.52.

My alternative 3rd person script is still WIP, as there are more features, like collecting weapons, health packs, ammo, etc. that i want to add. I think I have found a way to solve the strafing, but more testing is needed.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 12:25 Edited at: 21st Apr 2012 12:26
@Ched80
Wow really?! Without any source modification? And I thought I was a good scripter. If you're able to email me the solutions you found, I can implement them into the next release, with credit to you. I'm still in shock from hearing that there was no modification of the source code. Excellent work Ched.
Anyways, I gotta go for a little while, I'm finishing my Ubuntu install.

-TZK

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 23:12
Here's a video of my WIP 3rd person script:

You can see that this is still very much WIP as the strafing and jumping isn't working. You'll also spot that although you can fire the weapon now, the gun actually aims completely wrong. I'm not sure if this is an FPSC bug or an error with my scripting yet, but at least there are some promising signs!

TZK: of course I'll share the script when it's ready, but it is significantly different from yours now - i don't use either entitycam or lintoplr and so needs some crafty variable management.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 04:47
@Ched80
Whoa, that's even better than I imagined!
Amazing work Ched, I'm in shock. You might as well make your own script pack if you are capable of something like that!
I'm guessing you used something like linkyrotation and plrpointatobject?

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 07:37
UPDATE: I fixed the spasm bug with the topdown shooter script. But it will require more tweaking, since the fix I used makes it so that the character can't turn around.

-TZK

skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2012 10:54
Can I contribute? I'm an animator. Here's my email address jordanblythe104@hotmail.com

window 7 ultimate, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 ghz, XFX Radeon HD6790 1GB, 16gb ram

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2012 13:04
@skeeter
Sure, I'm all open to contributions, just email me the media and it'll be included in the pack. I recommend you change the @ in that email to (AT) because spambots WILL catch you.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 10:45
Bump to prevent auto-locking.

-TZK

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 11:53
Hey TZK,

I've taken my third-person scripts as far as I think I can so i've attached them for all to use.

To me they are still way too buggy when you use them in a large level, but they work ok in a small level.

There are two parts - the "appear" version goes into the character "start" script and the other script into the character's "main" script.

Do whatever you like with these - copy them, modify them, sell them, i really don't mind.

Enjoy!

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 13:14
@Ched80
Wow, I just came back from a couple hours of Brutal DooM, and boy I didn't expect you to release the script so soon! Thanks, I'll see what I can do with this, you'll be credited of course, after all the work you've put into it that's the least I could do.
Thanks again Ched!

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 14:40 Edited at: 19th May 2012 15:25
Update
First post refreshed and now looks better, also a new update has been rolled out. Now contains the third person script by Ched80.
Enjoy the update guys.

NOTE: You will need to remove your "entitybank\TZK\Mega Script Pack" and "scriptbank\TZK\Mega Script Pack" folders due to directory changes etc.

EDIT: @Ched80 This fix is not in the current release, but I got diagonal movement working in the script, now for the left-right offset.
EDIT2: SUCCESS! Offset complete:

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 04:59
Okay guys, third person is now truly 100% complete, and so is player body! No need to modify models anymore, and all of this is because of Ched80! Everybody who downloads this give him some thanks, because without him, these scripts probably wouldn't have been completed. They will be released soon.

-TZK

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 17:15
Woo hoo!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 18:52 Edited at: 20th May 2012 18:55
You should never use an ampersand in the folder name(s) for your media. For example, there is the Dark Egypt model pack which has an ampersand in a few of the folders. In a build, any media from those folders do not get copied, and we have to manually copy them. Although we have done extensive tests with the Dark Egypt pack, we discovered we had to remove the ampersand, shortened the folder name, and that allowed the media to be copied. Instead, I would use an underscore. For example, instead of "TZK & Ched80", use "TZK_Ched80". This guarantees the media being copied in the final build.

Otherwise, some nice work in this pack.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
Sergeant Skirata
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey TZK,

Is there any models for ALIENS!

Thanks, SGT

Mandalorians: Kicking ass since 4000 BBY
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 06:36
Thanks Ched80 for the revised scripts.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 09:47
@BlackFox
Done.

@Sgt. Skirata
No, there aren't any alien models included in the pack.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 10:44
UPDATE!!!

The topdown shooter scripts are completed and work PERFECTLY.
If only I had completed these in time for the V119 competition

Features:
Topdown view (of course)
DarkAI compatible (actually required)
Enemy targeting
Death
TF341 variants
Jumping
Crouching
Reloading
Change view height (edit the appear scripts)
Melee
No more view spasm

Download attached to post because I'm too lazy to make a new release.

-TZK

Attachments

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm going to give these a whirl
Nice work.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 10:19
@rolfy
Thanks , let me know if you like them

-TZK

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 22:16 Edited at: 29th Jun 2012 22:16
Really nice work, my hats off to you guy's, I haven't had much chance to go too deep with it all, mostly tinkered with the 3rd person script and its definitely the best attempt I have seen for FPSC so far, the fact the camera view can be changed on the fly has a lot of uses for me, would also like thank Scene Commander for implementing all those camera features.
I did notice a couple of visual errors where FPSC was culling walls if the camera collided at the wrong angle but nothing that cant be easily fixed and not a fault with the scripts themselves.
Now the problem is you have forced into doing something with this and that means more work...sigh!
Still I am quite awseomified by this script pack.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 22:53 Edited at: 30th Jun 2012 00:24
Hey TZK, I seem to be experiencing problems with the topdown scripts. I am using the latest official beta. (1.20.002)

Both stock and tf341 characters will only attack(guns and melee)while the player is moving.

Also the tf341 models seem to get distorted during animations. (when moving at times it stretches into the T-pose)

EDIT: Sometimes when using a melee attack the characters animations gets frozen...and its self frozen(doesnt move) but can still hear footsteps from the player movement

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 05:00 Edited at: 30th Jun 2012 05:56
@rolfy
Haha thanks!

Quote: "Now the problem is you have forced me into doing something with this and that means more work...sigh!"

I'd like to see what you do with it :p
Now that the TDS scripts are released, I see a whole bunch of TDS games coming out in the W.I.P section soon

@Shakleford
Hm, I'm not sure. The "T-shape" bug is a bug that generally happens when a model tries to play a non-existent animation. I don't own TF341 so I was going by the animations in the community guide part 2.
Try using the latest UN-official beta (r678) I posted in the v120 thread. Attacking works fine for me.

EDIT: Actually yeah, I never realised before, you DO have to be moving, this is caused by FPSC's buggy physics system. I may have come up with a solution though, I'll post it if it works.

EDIT2: I fixed the bugs, and made a new release, it all works fine now.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 05:55
UPDATE
Release 9 is out!
Changes:
+ Readme file
+ Pack is now installed differently
+ Topdown shooter scripts (V3) included

Readme:

-TZK

Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 07:02 Edited at: 1st Jul 2012 07:03
Excellent!
nice work TZK!
and Ched80

The way it's meant to taste.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 17:50
Thanks TZK!
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 04:31
@Section 812, @A dude
No problem, glad to give to the community.

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:13:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:13:02