Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Third Person/Player Body/Topdown Shooter + Tons More Script Pack!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 16:41 Edited at: 4th Jul 2012 18:49
im having some issues with the scripts!!! the third person script is running funny! i can see my guy but the camera angle is low like waist high and he moves but he will not shoot his gun propper.. when i hit left click 2 shoot my gun the character reloads for some reason. i have to hit left click to reload before it will allow me 2 shoot... now i can shoot but when i do actually shoot at an enemy i can hear the gun shots go off but no damage to the enemy and the gunshots sound like one of the sci fi blaster guns? any ideahs im running the newest 1.19 update if you want i can post a video of my problems? also in 3rd person mode can you zoom in when shooting you gun? cause right now you can only hip fire? just a few questions and problems i am having well happy 4th of july ps theese scripts are super awsome i really cant wait to get them workin right for me i love 3rd person view reminds me of ghost recon

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 20:05
Hi Sic1ne,

It depends who's versions of the 3PS you are using.

Mine have lots of issues - similar to what you describe - that are related to FPSC and can't be solved by scripting.

If you are using mine here are the problems:

1] Waist high camera can be solved by modifying the script. Look for where setvar=CYOTarget is used and change the value used.

2] Firing to reload is meant to happen - you can add :state=0:reloadweapon into the appear script if you want you weapon to be ready from the get go.

3] There is currently no way of getting the character to shoot enemies (major flaw hey?) so you'll need to modifed the enemy scripts so that they take damage when the weapon is being fired and they are in the centre of the screen.

4] The gun sound is contained within the script - search for .wav and you'll find it - change this to whatever you want.

5] Zoom mode - i did have a version of my 3ps that had a zoom mode, but it had some additional features too that are really suitable to the general public

To be honest i think 3PS via scripting is flawed in FPSC - I'm currently working on incorporating a true 3PS system into RPGmod, but i'm still some way off releasing that. Keep an eye on the RPGmod thread and I'll announce the 3PS feature when its ready.

I'm adding some other 3PS friendly features such as being able to collect and use different weapons and being able to damage enemies with the character's gun (currently no possible in FPSC).

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 03:57 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 05:01
Ched80 is absolutely right, except for one thing, the shooting problem can be fixed by using "settarget" and "aisettarget" I'll do this soon, but I have to go for a little while, I'll probably make a new release when I'm done.

EDIT: I just noticed that settarget was already there, strange, AISetTarget should work though.

-TZK

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys i appreciate the feedback i so cant wait for theese to be finished and workin good that would b super awsome thanks guys happy 4th of july!

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 05:01
@sic1ne
Here are the fixed scripts:

Ched80_ThirdPerson_Main:

Ched80_ThirdPerson_Appear2.fpi:

-TZK

Kumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 17:28
First of all Good work on your scripts in stocks .
But when i try PlayerLegs, a BIG GIANT FOOT Appear. it dont realy work as i expected, See the picture Attached .

-Kumi

{Remake}

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 22:45 Edited at: 6th Jul 2012 23:22
Tried 3rd person with terrain (sliced) and found that the camera will drop to floor height at random points when walking uphill and it stays there.
Would it be possible to reset the camera height in script if this happens?
It may actually be a segment mesh issue and I will look at that side of things first. If its what I think is causing it, its easy fixed with a little work.

You see this at the end of the video.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 11:21 Edited at: 7th Jul 2012 11:38
@rolfy
Try this one:

Ched80_ThirdPerson_Main.fpi:

-TZK

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I'll give it a try later today

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2012 06:45 Edited at: 8th Jul 2012 06:58
Seems to set the camera to zero level, I notice the changes in these two lines 50,51:

where you have changed the y offset variables, it probably requires a change in the appear script to prevent conflict.
I dont have the time to look at it too closely for now, will get back to things in a couple of days..

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 18:20 Edited at: 17th Jul 2012 20:29
great work

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 08:36
how do I get these scripts to work, do I need a certain mod? I have version 1.19.

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 12:49 Edited at: 25th Jul 2012 12:50
@FPSCgamerguy2
They go on the characters you want to use them on, place them in their respective slots, eg.
Ched80_ThirdPerson_Appear2.fpi goes in the 'appear' section
Ched80_ThirdPerson_Main.fpi goes in the 'main' section etc.

There are 2 appear scripts, Appear1 and Appear2, but don't worry, you don't need both, they are both just different versions of the same script, I recommend you use Appear2.

FPSC v1.20 is recommended though, however, they should all work with v1.19, no mods are required.

-TZK

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 18:05
no mods eh? when I applied them I'm on the other side of the map with no huds, doI still need a start marker?

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 10:00
@FPSCgamerguy2
Yes, you still need a start marker.

-TZK

passion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 20:38
@TZK

1.When I use the thirdperson script, the camera is waist high, even after I downloaded the code you placed. He goes thru all entities and doesn't fall from holes.
2.He doesn't pickup weapons.
3.He gets the weapon when placed from 'has weapon' in the char properties but when he shoots, the bullet holes appear on the floor at a certain position no matter where he is.
4. When using player legs, the player seems to have reduced his height.. cannot pickup weapons and cant jump.
5.In the topdown camera, the character just animates but doesn't move. he is stuck in the floor till waist. but camera moves and picks up weapons.
6.When using toggle thirdperson, the thirdperson cam is faraway from character and first person isn't working. I get a head and hands less character.

I checked them on v 1.18,1.19 and 1.20 beta 3.

chandu
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 07:46
All scripts work fine for me. Im using V1.19

wandering_eye
Years of Service
User Offline
this is off-topic, but I just need to ask:
rolfy, how do you made those volumetric lights in your video?

"Wherever you go, there you are."
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 00:29 Edited at: 26th Oct 2012 00:31
Quote: "rolfy, how do you made those volumetric lights in your video?"

You mean the sunbeams?
They are simple modeled planes with a graduated white to transparent texture.

You only have one life ... Abuse it well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:55:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:55:01