Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The FPSCreator Community Mod - Free, open-source, community developed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2013 20:10
Is the Minimap still being worked on? This is the feature I'm most interested in...

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 05:19
Quote: "Is the Minimap still being worked on? This is the feature I'm most interested in."

I noticed the mini-map was displaying green and no map image... So I have sent TZK an email showing my fix to his mini-map code in my source with screenshots to show it is working for me and what I did to solve it. Hopefully he can use/adjust it to fit the Community Mod.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 16:21
Quote: "Hopefully he can use/adjust it to fit the Community Mod."

Here's hoping. I wonder if Flatlander/Ched80 could be persuaded to incorporate it into RPG Mod as well, with yours and TZK's permission of course. That way, everything I would ever need in a mod would be in just one mod instead of 2 lol

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 00:39
@bruce3371
I have the minimap working thanks to BlackFox. I'll have a new test build later.
I've got no problem with it going into RPG mod as long as credit is provided to those that've worked on it.

-TZK

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 01:04
Quote: "Here's hoping. I wonder if Flatlander/Ched80 could be persuaded to incorporate it into RPG Mod as well, with yours and TZK's permission of course. That way, everything I would ever need in a mod would be in just one mod instead of 2 lol"

Quote: "I have the minimap working thanks to BlackFox. I'll have a new test build later.
I've got no problem with it going into RPG mod as long as credit is provided to those that've worked on it."

Glad to be of help. Like TZK, I too have no issue with Flatlander/Ched80 incorporating this feature into RPG Mod. I think it would be a great addition to RPG Mod.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 01:26 Edited at: 9th Feb 2013 01:40
UPDATE

v0.07 test 2 is attached to this post. It is not on SourceForge yet as they have been having issues lately that are preventing me from uploading files, and often temporarily preventing me from commiting source changes.

Additions:
* Minimap actually works! Thanks BlackFox!
* Fixed a bunch of issues with custom map editor sizes
* Finally added the "plrswapweap" condition
* Fixed bug that caused Section 812's character selection screen to be forced on regardless of your FPSC-Mod.ini file

What to see in the next test:
* msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll are copied into built games
* New FPSC-Mod.ini option: GameTitle, changes the window title for windowed mode
* First version of the platformer view?

Bugs:
* Skybox shows as green void on minimap
* Dynamic entities don't show on minimap

Download

-TZK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 12:56
@The Zombie Killer
Thank you so much! The editor grid size is an awsome feature!! Btw I've noticed yours fpsc-mapeditor is showing textures the "old" low quality way..is there anything to do to switch back to higher quality?
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 13:18
@Stalker93
No problem, I'm glad you like it.
I never knew it showed proper quality textures. I'm using the latest map editor code so I'm not sure why it wouldn't do it properly.

-TZK

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
hey great that you implemented plrswapweap, but sadly I can not test it(study). How its going with entitydrop command?

Great that you work on this mod! Hope I see more of this mod
Also maybe you can add some AI comands, which make it simpler to script the ai(like the commands of enemy vs plr(people) scripts)

Look for updates

A new fan

Corno_1

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 15:48 Edited at: 9th Feb 2013 16:36
I can't find the FPSC-mod file.

Addendum:

The third person and camera binding features do not properly work. I've uploaded a video to show you.
In third person mode, the actual player (not the character) can be very far away from the character entity you control. The invisible player can run into objects and move no further while the camera shows the character entity in open space.

Don't waste your life

Attachments

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 19:20 Edited at: 9th Feb 2013 19:20
Quote: "I have the minimap working thanks to BlackFox. I'll have a new test build later.
I've got no problem with it going into RPG mod as long as credit is provided to those that've worked on it."

Quote: "Glad to be of help. Like TZK, I too have no issue with Flatlander/Ched80 incorporating this feature into RPG Mod. I think it would be a great addition to RPG Mod."

Excellent news, thanks guys. Now I just have to speak nicely to Flatlander/Ched80 to get it incorporated

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 02:09 Edited at: 10th Feb 2013 02:11
@Corno_1
Currently the entitydrop command isn't my top priority for now. I'm working on making the custom map sizes work better and getting the platformer feature into testing. I'm also planning to add a "jump" command for entities. What it does is self-explanatory.

@A dude
The FPSC-Mod.ini file isn't a required file, but I DID forget to include it in test 2. Here is what it contains by default:

EDIT: As for the other stuff, I'm aware of this and I'm working on getting it fixed as soon as I can.

-TZK

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 11:57
@The Zombie Killer
There's a little problem with the water plane: if your're using water with a bigger grid than the stock one, you'll have water covering only the smaller one (see pic, it's a 100x100x40 grid)..maybe it's just a problem with the shader, I'll check the water shader code later and tell you if I find a fix there!..oh I was forgetting, do you think it might be possible to fix the awful player collision with non-segment-based terrains? like the ones imported from T.ed? It could be a nice feature, even with the addition of "materialindex=X" stuff to entities, so we could have footsteps on imported terrains!!

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 12:27
@Stalker93
I think I can fix the water thing, shouldn't be too hard to do.
As for the player collision, no idea, I'll look into it.

-TZK

jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 19:20
Found a bug.

It seems as though you can't place any entities outside of the stock grid layer range. (So you can place an entity in the corner of a 100x100 grid easily but you can't place an entity on layer 100, not that I'd use such a range, I tested this on 50x50x50)

“If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.”
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey i have a another idea. It would be great if you can implement a shotdamage direction hud for the player. The hud I created myself(download)

And of course I understand your proirity

Corno

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 09:57
@Corno_1
That's actually a pretty interesting idea, and shouldn't be too hard to implement either, it would be implemented in the same way the throw*.fpi scripts are implemented.

@jmtmew
Interesting, I'll look into it.

-TZK

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 11:14
The Zombie Killer I've updated the CommunityMod the Italian forum, compliments a really great job! Thank you fixed the bug in the third person! just make a couple of test tell you if everything is ok

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 11:28
@lotgd
Thanks for updating the thread, I haven't had the time to log into the other two forums lately.

As for the third person, I haven't looked at it yet, since v0.06 was a rushed release and v0.07 has only just started development. If it works, then it must've been some sort of bug related to FPSC.
If it still doesn't work, then it's time to change my priorities.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 07:52
UPDATE
v0.07 test 3 has been released.

Additions:
* MASSIVE amount of bugfixes regarding the map editor sizes. Should work near-flawlessly now. Please test out DarkAI with it and let me know if they have problems navigating obstacles on layers above 20.
* Fixed issue with small map sizes. All sizes work now.
* (Hopefully) fixed water issue with custom editor sizes. If this runs slow then that's my fault, I made the water plain twice the size of whatever size you have it on, instead of just adding 40 to it like it does normally.
* Fixed tons of conditions and code that would bug out on layers above 20
* (Hopefully) fixed issue with entities on layers above 20.

What to look for in test 4:
* GameTitle ini option working
* Option to set the player's collision to spherical (default) or as a cube.
* Implementation of CorVus mod, but can be completely disabled within the FPSC-Mod.ini file.
* I've been learning Unity, so I might try to replicate some stuff that has been made for Unity (like decals on dynamic objects) in FPSC.

Please report any bugs you find.

-TZK

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 10:49
TZK you freaking legend. This is turning into something quite amazing. Do you think it would be possible to implement 0MB light mapping process? Something similar to what hockey kid did on project apex.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 12:14
@Landman
Not sure, I'm not too experienced when it comes to lightmapping, but that's what learning is for. I'll look into it for a later version.

Test 4 is almost done so I'm planning to get that out in a few hours.

-TZK

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 16:09
@The Zombie Killer
I don't wanna be the one who always bring bad news, but I think there's a bug in test 3: with test 2, if I set a custom grid size (I've tested up to 200x200x20) and I place a segment or an entity outside the old little 40x40 grid, everything is working fine..but with test 3 the building process when testing the same map hangs after the lightmapping process at "Saving ELE and LGT files..." and then crashes telling me the level is too big etc,etc..
About your water fix, that's working pretty good: I've tested that using the stock ww2.fpm..well water is covering a lot more, but you're right about performance, I've got only 40fps on that map now with water enabled, before it was around 70fps...Hope will be easy to fix everything! Thank you so much for the amazing work man!
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 07:05
@Stalker93
Does the issue still happen with a brand new map? If so, then it is likely a bug. If it does work with a fresh map then the old data was probably saved into the map file and due to some changes in how the editor works now, it might not be able to read it properly.

-TZK

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 09:25 Edited at: 13th Feb 2013 10:59
@The Zombie Killer
Yes, it happens even with brand new maps, but only if a custom grid size is used: I've tried to place just one stock ground segment in the lower right edge of a 70x70 grid and it crashes at Saving ELE and LGT files. So I've also tried placing one segment inside the old 40x40, but without luck, it crashes. If I remove the segment in the lower right edge and leave only the other inside theold grid it works fine!..but I've noticed an odd thing, maybe this could help you tracing down the bug: if I delete my setup.ini and let fpsc creates a new one, it crashes at Creating Water. So I've checked what's wrong with the ini file, and discovered that by setting postprocessing=0 it crashes at Creating Water, and at Saving ELE and LGT files if postprocessing=1..BUT ONLY WITH 40x40 BIGGER MAPS!! the stock one works like a charm...haven't tried to check other settings.
Thanks!

EDIT: Just got back to test 2, no problem at all: bigger maps work without issues with a solid 90fps to 372fps
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 09:08
@The Zombie Killer
Any news?
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2013 10:10
@Stalker93
I encountered the bug myself as well when I tested it. I guess I'll go back to test2 and copy over all the features and fixes I put into test 3 apart from the ones that affected map editor sizes.

I'm a little tired right now though, so it might not be for a little while.

-TZK

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work on this mod Zombie killer it seems to be coming on well best of luck with it.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
if your still having the green sky void, this is what I found while
working on the split screens.

in "AIACTSKY" is where the camera masks are set.

this line: set object mask 65123,%1111
I had to change the %1111 to %11111 to render the sky on camera 5.

just puttin it out there incase you haven't figured it out yet.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I had to change the %1111 to %11111 to render the sky on camera 5."

Thats strange that it worked as you not added the camera to the objectmask as its binary numbers.

to include the 5th camera you would have to add an extra 1 %111111 .

To confirm that method does not work because the way the image is being gotten, the best thing is to just make the outside of the map black and it don't look that bad as well.

Black ops 2 does that with there minimaps where I got the idea from.

I will be adding some of these nice features to s4mod re-form with credit to people who added the code.

Nice work to everyone involved

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
you are correct S4real, that's what I did, I just left out a 1 in the post above.

making it black is a better solution because no one needs to see the
sky on a minimap anyway.

also, I just noticed that I wasn't getting any raycast back to change the camera distance in third person mode.
I know why and have corrected it, I was just wondering if it's was only happening with my build.
or may be I just don't have the latest code?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you are correct S4real, that's what I did, I just left out a 1 in the post above"

lol thats typing fast for ya.

best s4real

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 08:34
i love it bigger map size

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 09:03
Tried to test it out I used default ground floor And a start marker.

Once it gets to "[278] Saving ELE and LGT files.. (481MB used)"

it crash's Used beta 15 and 16

map size 70x70

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 16:25 Edited at: 7th Mar 2013 16:59
This mod is going to have some issue's due to the map size increase The Zombie Killer I'm sure will fix these bugs but I've not looked at the source in great detail but I feel he prob not added changes to the universe for the map size changes.

This is of course all speculation and it could be a matter of things but the mod is looking good.

I have thought about map increase but I never wanted to take on the task as a lot needs to be changed.

Unfortunately its not a simple let make the map bigger there so much to think about like the physics,light mapping,collision and many more things. they all get effected with such a change.

best s4real

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 20:38
oh i understand was just letting him know what i found i think this will be a awesome mod if it keeps moving forward.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you do right to report bugs for a mod or he never know I'm just pointing to you and him the major task at hand.

It is a great mod.

best s4real

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2013 09:12
@GreenDixy
I am aware of this and I plan on getting it fixed for test 4. Use test 2 for now and you won't have this problem

@s4real
Surprisingly, the map editor size was a very easy feature to add. The crash is because of a code edit I made that must've screwed the mesh creation

-TZK

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@The Zombie Killer :- Yeah I check the code and it does seem fine I'm not sure if you find other problems when the maps are so big with it crashing on build but thats something you have to test.

Keep up the good work

best S4real

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wondering, was Flashlight removed?

Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 02:15 Edited at: 19th Mar 2013 02:16
I'm pretty new to mods and stuff for FPSC. I tried using the third person mod, but I keep walking into invisible walls and my character floats away. I recorded some of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7PqfIeL-quw#t=95s
(Ignore previous content, for some reason youtube made it almost pitch black)

Im not sure if this is a problem with the mod or if I am doing something horribly wrong...
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there an invisible wall there ?

If so you not going to go any further plus is the invisible an entity and not a segment?

best s4real

Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 02:42 Edited at: 19th Mar 2013 03:04
No, there is not. I made a flat path in an empty map using the basic ground segment, and the issue still occurs. I will get footage of it now.

Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8G3vP5704g&feature=youtu.be
Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
lil guys feet are too close to the ground, edit and use page up to raise him a little then he should be good

Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 03:35
That worked for the plain path, but not for the area in the first video. I keep hitting the same invisible wall area and the character walks off in the same place, too. I also cant seem to open doors
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed you using v1.18 not sure if the mod been updated for v1.20 or not but that could cause issues.

best s4real

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 08:00
@The Zombie Killer

You said to use test 2, But it does not have the mod file in it. Does that mean no bigger map? if so will wait till a fix. currently using it just for a map editor not to make a game. everything else i do in dbpro.

Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 10:02
Upon start up, it says I am using V1.19
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 20:19
I to have test out the the new map editor size with 118 and it work great. the issue that was pointed out about old map use. it not a big to me but yes the custom map crash and the stock maps shrink it back 40x40. but I believe we would had this same problem with reload. sometime to have something new is to start a new. I plan to make a level with this and see how it will handle. if all go well with that I really dont care about the old maps or stock. this is so awesome it works with 118 and I can have a bigger map. also once you change the size keep that way to avoid any problems. more test will be done to see if a game level can come from this. thanks TZK you are the best for this one.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 20:33
Quote: "I to have test out the the new map editor size with 118 and it work great. the issue that was pointed out about old map use. it not a big to me but yes the custom map crash and the stock maps shrink it back 40x40."

I have already outlined this here.

Quote: " if you construct a level in the default 40x40x20, but you set your INI file to 80x80x20 and then open that map level, it will remain in the 40x40x20. If you set your INI to 80x80x20, open FPSC, make a level, save and then change the INI to 60x60x20; open FPSC, load that 80x80 level, the grid remains in 80x80. Whatever the level was constructed in- that is what the grid will be."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 22:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 22:37:38