Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108 Beta 11

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 18:19
Beta 11 is available for download. Unless there are any serious bugs with this version it will become the stable version.

Changelog

Blackberry is still a little behind 108 as it is missing video playback and QR commands. Unless there is strong demand for these I'll instead move on to better sounds and 3D animation for all platforms.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 18:34 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 20:29
You guys are being so awesome lately.

Thank you. I had just started setting my Mac-mini up with v10810. I'll skip that and go straight to v10811.

I'm curious to see how my current WIP being done in Tier 2 v1076 works with v10811 (I could use the Facebook functions).

EDIT: The VS2010 template compiles and runs fine. I downloaded the v10811 Android Player from the Play Store and ran the 3D-FirstPersonExample on it. It displayed, but I couldn't control it. It worked fine on my Windows machine (not designed for running on the Player since it uses keyboard input for moving about).

EDIT: And I just built my own iOS Player and tested it with the video playback example and it worked fine (the video playback also worked well on the Android Player).

EDIT: And I just got both the iOS and Mac templates to work just fine.

EDIT: And the Android Tier 2 template works as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow Paul you are really moving fast lately, nice work

I don't know if you saw my thread on the Twitter messages command, but I'm getting an error when I try to send one via my iOS app.

I've set up the app on twitter and given it read/write permissions. I call the TwitterSetup() command in my app and pass in the secret info. Authentication goes fine and I authorize the app, but when I try to send a twitter message it gives a popup error...Twitter Message Failed.

Can you confirm that the Twitter Message command is working so I know whether it's a bug or something on my end?
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 20:25
I hate to mention it, but the IAP wasn't mentioned in that fix list and it still doesn't work. Has this been sorted for Beta 11?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 20:29
Wow, I should go on holiday more often. 2 updates in a week

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul is the best
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:06
Quote: "I call the TwitterSetup() command in my app and pass in the secret info. Authentication goes fine and I authorize the app, but when I try to send a twitter message it gives a popup error...Twitter Message Failed."

I don't have any apps that use the twitter commands so I haven't seen them working. If you run it with a development certificate through XCode does the console window show any error messages?

Quote: " IAP wasn't mentioned in that fix list and it still doesn't work. Has this been sorted for Beta 11?"

I tested it with an app we are developing at the moment and haven't seen any problems with IAP, are you using the files from the interpreter_android_prebuilt/src folder?
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:15
I am, and I'm trying to built it now but Eclipse is refusing. I followed the instructions to the letter, but since I changed the base64 key to my own I'm just getting "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1" constantly, even after several restarts. Builds ok, but Eclipse is just not playing ball!!!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:21 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 21:38
Quote: "I'm just getting "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1" constantly"

Open the "bin" folder of your project and delete everything in it, do the same to the "gen" folder. In eclipse click on your project then in the menu bar select Project->Clean, then try and build it.

Edit: You might need to refresh the project before cleaning it.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:26 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 21:27
I just plopped all of my code and media for my v1076 Tier 2 WIP into a new v10811 project and it compiled and linked without a hick up.

And it almost runs right. There are some depth issues (some things not hiding when they should) and it wouldn't exit when the exit button was clicked. But I am so far impressed.

The edit box input text was nice and crisp.

EDIT: And I was surprised to see that the executable was about half the size of the v1076 version.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:32 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 23:27
@ Paul.

Thank you for the update, things are really moving now...

Latest AppGameKit Player (April 11th) auto-updated from Google Play onto my phone.

Inneractive Ads are working again on Windows and Android (tested using AppGameKit player), I will test BlackBerry PB later.

EDIT:
I have now compiled a v108b11 BlackBerry Player, can confirm that Inneractive Ads also work on BB Playbook with this new beta, thanks Paul.

TheTeenDevs
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul! Lot of work done on the AppGameKit recently Very Cool! When will the beta tests finish?
Thanks!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:42
Quote: "When will the beta tests finish?"

When people stop reporting bugs or when the bugs that remain are not serious enough to hinder development. I think we're nearly there, we have several internal apps that are running well on 108 so I want to try and finish it off and move on.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:50
@Paul, re IAP

Nope, no joy - exactly the same issue, the api not appearing. I have updated eclipse, used the new prebuilt project etc, but I think I may have found it....after snooping around the android SDK through eclipse apparently my google play billing library is not up to date (I assumed apparently quite wrongly the mammoth number of updates eclipse installed days ago would cover this) so I'm updating and will try again and update.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:56
I just made the v10811 Android Tier 2 project for my current WIP (which has working projects in Windows, Android, Mac and iOS) and it build, installed and ran about the same as the v10811 Windows version. The only difference was that the exit button worked.

The v10811 apk file was only 8.24% bigger than the v1076 apk.

Yup, I am impressed.

Great job guys!

Now, if I can just figure out how to fix the depth display issues, I'll be pretty happy.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:23 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 22:25
I did a fresh build and install of my app, which causes it to request a user name the first time it is run.

Two things, first is that the black flash is much shorter than it used to be.

Next, and I think this has been an issue since at least v1076, the cursor does not appear in an Edit Box on Android. This is a bit of an issue (I finally realized) if someone wants to move the input point to somewhere and they can't tell where it is.

EDIT: And, I noticed that the icon for the app is no longer associated with it in the Settings->Application manager list of apps. The correct icon appears in the home page and the general apps list. But the app has the AppGameKit icon in the Application Manager list. This is a little bit of an issue.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:30
Great to see another release Paul. I've just tested the latest beta and I'm afraid the Windows 8 crash issue being discussed in the previous thread still seems to be there though. Can anyone else confirm this? I know you say you don't have a Windows 8 device to hand so is there any more info we can give you on the issue to help you fix it?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:32 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 22:36
Quote: " the cursor does not appear in an Edit Box on Android"

This was an issue in 1076 but it should be fixed in the last few betas, is the input going directly into the edit box or does the text entry box with the faded background appear?

Quote: "And, I noticed that the icon for the app is no longer associated with it in the Settings->Application manager list of apps."

Have you changed all the icon.png files in the /res folder, if so I'm not sure where it could be finding an AppGameKit icon as none exist in the lib.

Quote: "I've just tested the latest beta and I'm afraid the Windows 8 crash issue being discussed in the previous thread still seems to be there"

It is true I don't have a Windows 8 touch device, but I still have a copy of Windows 8 Preview installed on a normal PC and I couldn't replicate the crash on there. Does it happen even with a hello world app?
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:33
@Paul, re IAP

Ok, got it working (sort of) now, but every purchase is giving the error "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information."

Any thoughts?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:38 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 22:42
Everything appears to be working well with in-app purchases on Android now. Thanks for the quick updates!

Two questions for Paul:

1.) If the user has no Internet connectivity but has previously purchased a non-consumable product, and then launches the app which calls InAppPurchaseSetup() after defining the product(s), will GetInAppPurchaseAvailable(0) still be able to detect that they purchased the product without needing to connect to Google's servers? In other words, is the IAP data stored in a local account file? I tested this briefly and it seems to be the case but want to make sure (for both iOS and Android).

2.) Does the recently added attribute in InAppPurchaseAddProductID() to identify a consumable vs. non-consumable product cause anything different to happen in the flow of the order process? Or is it only required because of the updated API but has no affect on how we code things in AppGameKit? What is the purpose of that value?

Quote: "Ok, got it working (sort of) now, but every purchase is giving the error "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information.""

I believe if you update the version code in the manifest file, you will need to upload the new APK to Google Play as a draft before you can use that version to test in-app purchases. If you have a previous APK uploaded and change the new one to have the same version code (when testing) you may not need to. I've also found the new Google Play dashboard doesn't like uploading APKs as drafts if you already have one available, it complains about being unable to save the draft due to a version issue... Pretty confusing.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:39 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 22:45
Quote: ""This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information.""

That's a good sign. You need to export the APK and sign it with your keystore, upload it to Google Play and install the same version on your device. You don't need to publish it, but you will need an email account in the Settings->License Testing section of Google Play. Your developer account won't work as you are not allowed to buy from yourself, you must be logged in to your device with a tester email address.

Quote: "will GetInAppPurchaseAvailable(0) still be able to detect that they purchased the product without needing to connect to Google's servers?"

The new version of the API I'm using does seem to have an offline cache of the user's purchases, but I don't know how long it remains valid.

Quote: "Does the recently added attribute in InAppPurchaseAddProductID() to identify a consumable vs. non-consumable product cause anything different to happen in the flow of the order process?"

No, it is purely for AppGameKit to know it must reset consumable purchases after they are bought as technically Google are doing away with unmanaged products and only having managed products, which can be reset to the unpurchased state. From your point of view the process is the same as AppGameKit handles the details.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Paul Im having trouble building my T1 app for blackberry. I put my assets into the asset/media folder but when I run the game on the playbook only the AppGameKit player loads.

I renamed the byc file to bytecode.byc which worked before.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:55
Quote: "is the input going directly into the edit box or does the text entry box with the faded background appear?"

This is for editing directly in the Edit Box (not the little pop-up one that appears in iOS).

Quote: "Have you changed all the icon.png files in the /res folder"

Yup in both the bin and src directories. And the problem mysteriously disappeared when I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted my Android device. It apparently 'remembered' the AppGameKit icon from the first v10811 install, before I discovered that my icons had not made it into the /bin/res directories. So, this is not an issue at all.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:02 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 23:03
Quote: " Im having trouble building my T1 app for blackberry"

In the interpreter.cpp file in the App.Begin() function you will find lots of lines like this

You will need one for IDE_BLACKBERRY to compile a bytecode file instead of the player. It should look like this

I must have missed that step when bringing Blackberry up to date with the rest of the platforms.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:02
And the missing cursor has appeared. But it is very difficult to see since it looks like it is about half a pixel wide.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:05
Quote: "the missing cursor has appeared. But it is very difficult to see since it looks like it is about half a pixel wide."

You could use SetEditBoxCursorColor to change it to black as a workaround, might make it easier to see.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul Ive got my game deployed on the PlayBook.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:23 Edited at: 12th Apr 2013 00:08
@Paul,

I've done all that, and uploaded it to the store, but it's still giving the error. I'll give it a little while to see if it takes some time for the store to update it.

Also, I can confirm the hardware back button is still killing the app on keyboard input.

I've now rebuilt my server code with the new beta and the timeout is still present, seems to have emerged in beta 9 and is still sticking around. The server basically sits running constantly and checks periodically for new network clients, and prior to beta 9 it would happily run and work all day. Since then, it only recognizes new clients for about 2-3 mins, then it just seems to stop. I'm going to try and screen grab it to demonstrate, but this is a significant problem for anything using network games I think.

EDIT: Right, I got a video of it happening, and it appears to be after five minutes it doesn't work???

EDIT: Yip, I can confirm that the purchasing is working perfectly for both managed and unmanaged products, including multiple purchases of unmanaged products. Thanks Paul, excellent.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:43 Edited at: 11th Apr 2013 23:43
Quote: "It is true I don't have a Windows 8 touch device, but I still have a copy of Windows 8 Preview installed on a normal PC and I couldn't replicate the crash on there. Does it happen even with a hello world app?"

Yes it happens with a simple hello world app. The one I was testing was this.

The crash occurs when the app is in fullscreen mode and you press the start key or do something else to disrupt it like pressing alt-ctrl-del or swiping the screen from either the left or the right.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 23:53 Edited at: 12th Apr 2013 00:11
@Paul,

Ok, here are links to the video's for the server issue. I've done them in fraps, so alas everything I was frantically pointing out with my cursor isn't recorded, and it has to be in two halves as I only have a trial of the video convertor so 3mins was the max (the original out was 1.9GB!).

So anyway, you can see the server running away quite happily to itself, and when the app starts it registers and the details pop up in the background etc etc. You'll also notice in the app that in the top right hand corner a little plannet icon indicates the server status: red is no connection to the server, orange is connected to the network but not registered yet, and green is all good.

I ran and quit it a couple of times, as you can see. However in the second link if you skip to just after the five minute mark (1:15 in from the start of the second video) the app runs but the server just doesn't recognize it anymore.

I restart the server and the app, and hey presto both are fine again.

So, I don;t know if now it's just that after five minutes it fails to work, or that after X many connections it doesn't work (did I read something somewhere along time ago about clients or net messages that 5 needed to be answered as 6 or something?), but this is new and the server code hasn't been updated so it's not a change I made I don't think.

Video 1: http://youtu.be/89sZ4uQEkh8

Video 2: http://youtu.be/Bp0XdFH-MeU

EDIT: I've tried just starting and exiting the app numerous times via my mobile, doesn't appear to be linked to the number of connection attempts.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 00:27
I've discovered a bit more about the network issue. I Can compile and run the server, and the app on 3 devices. I ran the server, connected through my phone, and then just left it connected. Ten mins later and all is fine. I tried then running the app from the PC as well, but no connection. I stopped the app on my phone, and it reconnected fine. Again, the PC version failed to connect. I then closed the server down and restarted it, and both connected no problem at all, first time. I ran it on my tablet also, and it connected no problem. Note, the connection not being recognized is exactly the same if I start with the PC, so it's not that the problem is linked to the PC.

No idea at all what the problem is, but AppGameKit appears to be refusing new clients to a network after a few mins, unless they have already recently been connected? Is this a designed timeout feature???
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul One more issue with building a T1 Balckberry game. I found out you cant deploy a game as Landscape only. Setting the orientation in the bar-descriptor.xml results in the game being displayed in portrait. Auto-Orientate works but that allows your game to be displayed in portrait too.

The only way I found to make the game portrait only is to make the orientation portrait in the bar-descriptor.xml, and then go into Core.cpp change line 543 from

if (EXIT_SUCCESS != bbutil_init_egl(screen_ctx, GL_ES_2, PORTRAIT))

to

if (EXIT_SUCCESS != bbutil_init_egl(screen_ctx, GL_ES_2, LANDSCAPE))
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 01:00 Edited at: 12th Apr 2013 01:02
One minor issue I noticed when testing IAP (on Android, haven't tested on iOS) is that if the program calls the InAppPurchaseActivate() function and you do not have any active Internet connection, the app will fully crash rather than alerting the user. It is easy enough to remedy manually by first checking GetInternetState() and if it is 0 you can alert the user that they need Internet, instead of attempting the purchase/restore. Just something to keep in mind; Apple will regularly reject apps if you don't have a proper notice in place for those without Internet, especially if the app just crashes. Again I don't know if the behavior happens on iOS as I haven't tested that yet.

Quote: "Open the "bin" folder of your project and delete everything in it, do the same to the "gen" folder. In eclipse click on your project then in the menu bar select Project->Clean, then try and build it."

I created a batch file to do this automatically before cleaning, but even so the error would occur almost every time except after a fresh reboot. I was experimenting today and disabled automatic build, then I 'clean' before export and let the exporter itself perform the build; I have never received the error again after 30+ builds.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 01:15
Paul,

YES!!! I love you, I just read where your going to move on to better sounds and yes, yes, 3D Animation Support All Platforms!!!!

Thank you soooo Much!

Ken

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I've Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't have any apps that use the twitter commands so I haven't seen them working. If you run it with a development certificate through XCode does the console window show any error messages?
"

No errors in the XCode console window. Just a popup in the app showing Twitter Message Failed.
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 10:42
Nice news ! Thanks Paul!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 14:12 Edited at: 12th Apr 2013 16:11
message("Jetzt kommt Ende")
end

at last i can see the message box and then i get
"process terminated with status 255" :-( (@win8)

i search for the cause...
this block make trouble if the end command comes

the problem at app end must be this command
AddSpriteAnimationFrame
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
GetPointerPressed() doesn't register as 1 when using my Ultrabooks touchscreen. It did so in previous versions. GetPointerX() and GetPointerY() ttill work when you touch the screen.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 17:21 Edited at: 12th Apr 2013 17:49
Quote: "AGK appears to be refusing new clients to a network after a few mins"

Can you email me the projects, I can't seem to replicate it here.

Quote: " Just a popup in the app showing Twitter Message Failed."

Please read through this and see if any of it solves your problem https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/3596

Quote: " if the program calls the InAppPurchaseActivate() function and you do not have any active Internet connection, the app will fully crash"

I don't get a crash, I get a small white box that stays there until I press back to return to the app. Do you have the LogCat output for that device?

Quote: "I can confirm the hardware back button is still killing the app on keyboard input."

Please run the attached version of the player and press the back button, if the app crashes re-run it and press the settings button, this will prompt you to send a bug report email.

Quote: "GetPointerPressed() doesn't register as 1 when using my Ultrabooks touchscreen."

Fixed for the next version.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 18:26
@Santman, Paul:

AGK seems to have issues when connecting via older wireless routers. How old is your router? Do you have another one you could try?

I have trouble broadcasting my apps if I don't close them "cleanly" (by holding at the top of the screen for 5 seconds and then pressing the "power" button to close the player - very annoying). It seems to leave a socket open or something. See here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204558&b=41

Clonkex

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 18:33
I just successfully tested connecting to Facebook via an app (Speed Racer, the app of the person who first reported an issue) and then posted a comment on my own page. Pretty cool!

It would help if the help page for FacebookPostOnMyWall actually had descriptions for all of the fields in the call. It doesn't look like any of the values I entered had any affect on the actual post on my page.

It would also be great if this were made to work for Android (at least) as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 18:58
only picky finding I have is that the build still says 107.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 20:55
@Paul,

I ran your player, same problem. If you leave it long enough it says "TouchWiz Home" has stopped responding but after that ends you still need to go into settings and force stop the player.

I ran it again and the bug report is on it's way.

@clonkex
It's a BT home hub, so I think it should be ok. It was always ok in the past but as Paul can't recreate the issue I'm going to check that I'm not getting a driver/software issue somewhere else, then I'll send him my projects so he can have a look. I'll rebuild both projects under beta 8 maybe, but that might take my a little while depending on how many commands in the subsequent beta's need edited out, that'll tell me for sure if it's AppGameKit that is causing the problem - which I'm wondering about as I appear to be the only one with it.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 03:37
Quote: "I ran your player, same problem"

Thanks for the report, try the attached version and if it still doesn't work send another report.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 08:15 Edited at: 13th Apr 2013 08:20
Quote: "I just successfully tested connecting to Facebook via an app (Speed Racer, the app of the person who first reported an issue) and then posted a comment on my own page. Pretty cool!

It would help if the help page for FacebookPostOnMyWall actually had descriptions for all of the fields in the call. It doesn't look like any of the values I entered had any affect on the actual post on my page.

It would also be great if this were made to work for Android (at least) as well."

lol i started some tests too .. but :

1 - in beta 10 android player, the FacebookLogout() in tier1 does nothing for me ... normal ? when i call facebooklogin() after, i'm still logged :/

2 - i don't know how i can download my own photo (by the facebook android api, not manually)

Except that it's fun

Edit : i know that is a beta 11 thread ... but i don't see any facebook fix in it so ...
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 08:17
Quote: "
I just successfully tested connecting to Facebook via an app (Speed Racer, the app of the person who first reported an issue) and then posted a comment on my own page. Pretty cool!

It would also be great if this were made to work for Android (at least) as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
"

I second this. I'd like to see the rest of the Android Facebook commands implemented. I've had success with getting the commands working on Android and the extra commands would be handy. Plus a little more help in the help files would go along way to making the command set complete.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Please read through this and see if any of it solves your problem https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/3596
"

I tried regenerating the access keys to see if it would help, but nothing changed.

I've abandoned the Twitter support for my app and removed the code. I was going to use it have an extra way to post high scores from my app's UI (which you can do through Game Center anyway), so it's easier for me to just move on and maybe revisit this later.

As for the GameCenterShowLeaderBoard() issue, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204638&b=41 the command does pull up named leaderboards now, but randomly calls up the default with the generic name of "Leaderboard".

To solve this problem I've set my buttons that call Game Center to call the achievements page instead of the leaderboards as a starting point. In iOS 6 you can reach the leaderboards by going through achievements on all device sizes (which wasn't the case in iOS 5 and lower).

As a result I'm going to set my deployment target as iOS 6 and require it as a minimum. This really isn't a problem since I believe I read 80+ pct of all iOS devices have upgraded to 6 or higher already.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 14:18
coooooooooool

am glad this will be a stable version. this means we're waiting for more new commands.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 21:21
@Paul,

Tried the new player, there appears to be no problems at all now pressing back, keyboard just goes away as it's meant to. Was it something specific to the Galaxy Note 2?
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 22:59
Server issues update.

In light of Paul and no-one else having issues I've gone through my PC with a fine toothed comb, and I think I have the problem now, which I don't think is anything to do with AppGameKit - so my sincere apologies to Paul.

I have Zone Alarm installed which I gave my app permissions to use the net, accept incoming messages etc, and I granted it super trusted status so zone alarm should have left it totally alone. However when I close it down the timeout problem doesn't happen anymore. I looked at every setting and help file for the program, and nothing anywhere suggests that it should start blocking a program after a few minutes (hence why I assumed that it was ok), but when it's on, the server will only apparently recognize new clients for 5 minutes. When it's off, it seems to work normally.

So anyone wanting to code a server through AGK....stay clear of zone alarm!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 14:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 14:36:21