Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2015 12:03
I am sorry for a lot of requests...

I think I have already requested it but in another fashion.

will it be possible to upgrade
CreateObjectQuad()
to
CreateObjectQuad(dynamic as integer)

dynamic of 0 will give the same original quad but dynamic with 1 will give you all the possibilities that a normal plane have

cullmode 0,1,2
transparency control , changing Alpha in real time
positioning
sizing...
etc...

AJCodes
Years of Service
User Offline
Any chance we can get GetObjectScaleX, Y, Z?
Born. Currently living.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2015 11:44
Refresh Directories - tier 1 ide button request.
and Stored Data Link .

after seeing this post about AppGameKit stopped working and remembering I have seen it a few times it also happened to me once along time ago while I was still using tier1 v1

so a simple idea/solution came to mind
in the idea of tier 1
somewhere whether its preferences or whatever
we could really use a simple

Refresh Installation - like in windows 10 not reset... well maybe also

so that button once pressed , returns AppGameKit to its default where it comes to
library finding , file storage etc..

so it will not only refresh but also add a link to the folder where AppGameKit saves its stuff
such as the Roaming folder where not everyone knows about , I remember that I spent a lot of time trying to reach there and eventually I came to the forum for help.
so its one way to look it at but it takes some time and everyone once in a while a new member asks about this.

so Refresh Folders = Reset all folders and create new links
and Folder Link = open a file browser with all the needed Data

I know its not for the pros but for noobies , save time learning AppGameKit and tier 1 idea and configuration and jump right into programming, its what AppGameKit is all about right ?

thank you.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 07:46
Could we bring the Amazon version up to date with the Google Play and have In App Purchases working?

Amazon used to be a good market for me before I switched my apps to using IAP, I now have to make special versions with unique functionality if I want to publish on Amazon.
Bigsofty
Years of Service
User Offline
Static GCC libs for Windows (would allow an easier move towards Linux/SteamOs later too).
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 11:56
Now that we have some cool new 3D functionality, I have to point out the obvious...

MEMBLOCK MESHES!

Please - I'd love to make a new terrain system for AppGameKit, I have a bold project underway in DBPro but am thinking that AppGameKit is a better option... but I need terrains and the ability to mould and modify them. Consider for a moment the difference that memblock meshes made to DBPro - they vastly expanded on what we could do with our own terrains and geometry. I'm sure we'd see a big shift in the landscape of AppGameKit projects, AppGameKit would be a much better option for the projects that we'd usually only consider DBPro for.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 12:44
for the variable view in the debugger mode.
it would be helpful if we can change the displayed vars values at a breakpoint/pause.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.15d : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.201.1151.0) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2015 14:23
Quote: "MEMBLOCK MESHES!"

And your timing is impeccable. Here is some code I wrote this week to extract all the useful data into an array. Start by running GetMeshDataFromMemblock()

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK is still in need of a GetDeviceDPI() command. This was officially filed as an issue nearly two years ago and accepted by Paul.

On Android this is especially important given the thousands of different devices of varying DPI and screen resolution. It takes only 1-3 lines of code to retrieve on Android and is easy enough to hack into the AGKHelper if using Tier 2 (i.e., using androidDisplayApproximateDpi) but should take minutes for Paul to add for Tier 1 users. In iOS, AppGameKit could simply check against a list of known iOS devices based on their device name (since there is a definitive amount) and return the corresponding DPI.

I can't understand how some essential commands like this go unimplemented even many years after AppGameKit has been developed.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 18:52
Quote: "AGK is still in need of a GetDeviceDPI() command"

If this would help work out the actual size of a device, then I agree 100%. I have a game where tablet users have a huge advantage over phone users, and I would like to change the skill level accordingly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 22:08
We need a 3D Shader package that could cover most of the basic shaders required to create a game Like

Basic Pixel shader
Normal Map Shader
Normal/Specular shader
Normal/Specular/Illumination Shader

And some post processing this would help every one
Plus a good documentation on how the shader work in AppGameKit like a list of all variable use by AppGameKit to communicate with the shader.

This could be developed from outside source not from Paul and sold to the community has a starter pack
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible for the dev to remove the bone limit for 3D models?
Currently the limit is 40 bone. It's kind of limiting.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 07:55 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2015 07:56
Would it be possible to be able to use the "ref" modifier OUTSIDE of a function parameter list?
like so

the print command would show;
pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 08:21
Quote: "Would it be possible to be able to use the "ref" modifier OUTSIDE of a function parameter list?"

what would be the interest ?

If you want to user pointers, why don't you program in C++ ?
--
Patrick P.
http://www.developpeur-agk.fr/
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 15:53 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2015 15:57
I'm fully aware of the need for restricting the location of file access on mobile devices but since we have some Windows/Mac only commands (Full Screen Mode for example) can we please have the file access restrictions lifted for Windows and Mac?
It would make tool programming a lot easier.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 16:54
Quote: "can we please have the file access restrictions lifted for Windows and Mac"

I can't speak for Mac (although the help files say it works on Mac), but they are lifted already in Windows. Use SetRawWritePath() and ChooseRawFile().
TutCity is being rebuilt
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 19:44
Cheers buddy!
I really should get around to reading all of the documentation some day
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2016 07:52 Edited at: 1st Jan 2016 08:45
Function Text Box.

Image Attached.

Full size link :http://oi67.tinypic.com/2h5mfb7.jpg

Thank you for your time.
haliop.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 02:02
Quote: "what would be the interest ?
If you want to user pointers, why don't you program in C++ ? "

Simply because that functionality would make the basic product better, easier to use and more powerful. I don't want to program in C++, i prefer basic.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Would be cool if SetSpriteColor() would enable different blending modes, like photoshop does with layers - eg darken, multiply, overlay, lighter color, add
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 19:43
Quote: "Would be cool if SetSpriteColor() would enable different blending modes, like photoshop does with layers - eg darken, multiply, overlay, lighter color, add"

Yes please
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 21:46
Quote: "Would be cool if SetSpriteColor() would enable different blending modes, like photoshop does with layers - eg darken, multiply, overlay, lighter color, add"

+1
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2016 15:38 Edited at: 6th Jan 2016 16:32
I'd like to request a bunch of new functions for utilizing ZIP files:

LoadImageFromZipEntry
LoadSoundFromZipEntry
LoadMusicFromZipEntry
CreateMemblockFromZipEntry
GetZipEntryFiles

Adding support for password-protected ZIP files would also be appreciated.

Possibly an OpenZipFileToRead() function that returns an ID so that the file doesn't have to be opened and closed for each method involving it.

EDIT:
Also:
SetIcon - to set the window icon.
Would be nice as a line in setup.agc, too.

Also:
- Better music looping.
- Ditch using the platform APIs for Windows so that OGG files can be used without installing codecs.

Thanks!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 23:27
Heres a few things I would like to see in upcoming versions now stretch goals are being met:

- More drawing commands as there aren't many like box, line etc. I would like to see Flood Fill for a start.
- Native commands to support Tiled. We have commands for Spriter, etc so tile map commands would be great and also commands to scroll them around the screen.
- Support for Game Guru maps in 3D. I have Game Guru but not really used it. It would be nice to get some use out of it if the map editor is so easy to use. It doesn't have to support everything but be able to edit a map then load the 3D geometry in etc. Maybe AppGameKit users then might start getting interested in Game Guru and vice versa and might start using each others forums then.
- Windows store support. This is needed I think as I have mentioned before all the stores are easy to sell on now apart from Windows which is the main one.

I can think of many more here and maybe it's time for the TGC team to have a meeting and bring AppGameKit into 2016 and out of the amateur league.
Are we ready for AppGameKit Pro???

I am.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 09:16
GAME GURU import + 1 !!!
Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 09:56 Edited at: 10th Jan 2016 09:57
I have following requests at the moment:
- command to control local rotation of 3d physics objects.
- command to control local movement of 3d physics objects.
- We need dynamic shadows in 3D!!!
- 3d particles.
- Please fix editboxes being still active behind sprites, even after deactivating them. (if you click on the estimatet position of the editbox, on an overlaying sprite, keyboard comes up, even if the editbox is set to be not active!)
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 01:29
I think a version of PlaySprite() that does back-and-forth animation would be somewhat useful.

PlaySprite(sprite, 250, 2, 0, 2)

Where the iLoop parameter is now a looping type with 0 = none, 1 = repeat looping, 2 = back-and-forth looping
The above command would loop like this: 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, 1, 2, 1...

This would be useful for walking animations involving three graphics: left foot out / feet equal / right foot out.
I know this can be done by adding a fourth animation frame that duplicates the second frame, but it's just a suggestion.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2016 11:16 Edited at: 13th Jan 2016 11:17
I would like Raspberry PI 2 tier 2 Linux support Usefull for small test servers that don't use much power And Raspberry PI 2 is also meant to introduce people to programming
The byte chrunchers are coming...
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE I SUCK...
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2016 20:14
A Dual / Two 3D camera system.

With the popularity of Google Cardboard 3D VR goggles , I think it would boost AGK's popularity also if it supported a Dual camera system instead of having to make two copies of the single camera aimed at two different camera angles and using that as the VR view.

Adding Google Cardboard support, like dual , split screen rendering of a 2 3D camera view would make AppGameKit the simplest way I'm aware of to develop for VR cell phone apps.

And yes, you can get Oculus Rift type plastic VR, cardboard supported goggles. I have a nice set myself (Glyby virtual reality Glasses) . Works great with almost any smart phone.

Just test out the Virtual reality Demo in the user folder of AppGameKit 2 to see how cool this is. But if you look at the code, they had to make copies of the camera instead of having two cameras as it should be.

SO here's hoping we get a dual camera system soon.

It\'s Bird! , It\'s Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 15:15
It would be nice if we could read/write and/or convert txt to pdf .
Ditto for creating spread sheets rather than just a standard comma separated txt file.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 17:00 Edited at: 25th Jan 2016 17:01
Quote: "Adding Google Cardboard support, like dual , split screen rendering of a 2 3D camera view would make AppGameKit the simplest way I'm aware of to develop for VR cell phone apps."

You should check out my VR Zelda game I'm working on. Two views with one camera is very quick in AGK.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 08:18 Edited at: 26th Jan 2016 08:19
Really need bone limit for animated 3D models to be increased. Currently it's 40.

Almost every decent 3D models that includes finger animations, hair, and gears attached had more than 60 bones. It would take a whole lot more time to re-modify those models to only 40 bones.
For a lot of people they just can't afford to spend that much time to re-rig the models and remake the animations.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 09:05
Quote: "Really need bone limit for animated 3D models to be increased. Currently it's 40."

I agree, Mixamo Fuse makes objects with up to 61 bones for a fully boned hand. I like Mixamo Fuse.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 16:33
I believe this has been requested before but here goes again.

For AGK2 Tier 1 and for Windows, could we have the equivalent of the DBPro "Execute file" command please.

Thanks.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 17:19
Quote: "could we have the equivalent of the DBPro "Execute file" command please.
"
And perhaps take this a step further and implement a "Common Intents" system for Android.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 15:47 Edited at: 10th Feb 2016 15:48
seems the opposide function of MinimizeApp is missing at windows.
how about a SetWindowState command with enum normal,minimized,maximized,fullscreen
AGK (Steam) V2.0.16 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.30.1025) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 20:27
steam function integration for tier 1
achievements, DLC verification, etc.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 12:33
Quote: "how about a SetWindowState command with enum normal,minimized,maximized,fullscreen"

Nice one Markus, that would do very nicely.

Just a few very important questions;

Do these requests get read by example Paul?

The only reason I ask is that Paul has only made one post to this thread back in 2014 and we literally have no idea if requests have been read, pencilled in to be added long term or short term, or even dismissed.

Hopefully we may learn something.

Thanks.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 07:05
+1 for SetWindowState

I also agree with Juney, it would be nice to have some kind of acknowledgment that the requests have been seen and how likely (or not) that they will be implemented.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 16:19 Edited at: 12th Feb 2016 16:51
Need commands for returning world angle for 3D object limbs.
And for 'gluing' objects to a limb,
Kind of need them to attach accessories to game characters

The current commands (GetObjectBoneAngleX( objID, boneIndex ) only returns the local angle of the bone specified only .

It does not return the limb angle based on the world angle
Why I think this is problematic, is because of the case of multiple chaining of parent-child limbs

For example, I have a model that have a 'neck' limb, and a 'head' limb.
I want to pivot another model to the 'head' limb, as it's hat.
So, I SetObjectRotation() the hat model to the angles that was returned from GetObjectBoneAngleX( objID, boneIndex )
But, the hat only rotates when the 'head' limb rotates, but not when the 'neck' limb rotates.
When the character itself rotates, the hat does not. The hat only rotates if the 'head' limb rotates
This results in incomplete movement of the hat object.

To remedy this, we need to calculates all the differences of the angle of all the parent limbs involved.
But this workaround is too messy. It'll be a nightmare if there were multiple parents limb
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 16:48
I've been keeping an eye on this thread, but there is too much to reply to, and too many potential promises to be made. If I see something I agree with I'll make a note of it and try to get it in a future version.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 20:28 Edited at: 12th Feb 2016 20:28
Quote: "I've been keeping an eye on this thread, but there is too much to reply to, and too many potential promises to be made. If I see something I agree with I'll make a note of it and try to get it in a future version."

Thank you for your honest reply Paul, appreciated.
I have released a new thread to see if there is any way the forum can help, although it could undoubtedly involve The Next.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
So Oculus Rift consumer version is out for preorder.

People are killing each other to get their hands on it

I would hate to see AppGameKit loses this VR race.

Easy programming language with VR support sure sounds delicious, definitely will attract more people especially indie developers.

Requesting commands for Oculus Rift (any VR).
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 12:26 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 12:27
I'm sure tier 2 can use Oculus , but standard AppGameKit can already do VR.

hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
For Android, we can still mcgyver things out for google cardboard
But would AppGameKit detect gyroscope movement from Oculus headgear too?

And, it would be great if 3D models would texture themselves from the info included in their respective formats.
If it's a simple 3D model with 2-3 texture, it would still be fine toindividually texture each mesh.
But, if it's a scene model that contain ~100 separate textures, then it would take several weekends just to texture 1 scene in AGK.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 13:30
Quote: "For Android, we can still mcgyver things out for google cardboard"

Why? It works out the box.

Quote: "But would AppGameKit detect gyroscope movement from Oculus headgear too? "

Using tier 2 and the oculus sdk, yes.

Quote: "But, if it's a scene model that contain ~100 separate textures, then it would take several weekends just to texture 1 scene in AGK."

Good point, but what's to stop you putting all individual objects in a folder with their textures and loading them programatically, like I do with my zelda game?
My scene is made up of around 30/40 objects, each with their own texture. I just load the object, and texture it with it's own texture.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 15:15 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 15:17
For some models, a single models contain dozens of little textures, all of them had to be loaded up manually, and assigned to its correct mesh (which is also dozens in number).

Just figuring out which textures goes where is a time consuming repetitions, especially after we spend time to texture them properly in 3D modelling softwares

If its 1 model which contain 1-2 texture, then it's no problem, we knows which textures go to which model, even if we have dozens of models.

But if it's only 1 big model of the scene, but with ~100 textures, then I will probably went

We can re-texture the object and pooled all the little into a big atlas, but that is another huge repetitions in itself.

For example, try to texture this scene, which is only a part of the town.
Doable, but very tedious.

I think part of the major charm of AppGameKit is the ability to quickly set up games in simple BASIC language
Just a few lines to set up the VR camera for OCulus, in BASIC, now that is very very attractive
If a newcomer had to use Tier 2, setting up SDKs, and fixed the incoming trail of bugs, probably they will turn to a more hyped up environment for VR (such as Unity3D)
At least, for people like me who works full time, and have no formal programming educations, I can't afford the time that is required to learn C++

Sorry for the bulks of the request.
Because since we'll probably be moving into the next version of AppGameKit (which will set up a new milestones to achieve), I think I'll have to dish them out before it's too late (before major milestones are decided)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 22:48 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2016 03:42
I posted more details in a separate thread but am including the basic request here for better visibility:

Advertisement Banner Sizes

Admob supports the following sizes, we are still only limited to the regular banner size in AGK.

BANNER (320x50)
LARGE_BANNER (320x100)
MEDIUM_RECTANGLE (300x250),
FULL_BANNER (468x60)
LEADERBOARD (728x90)
SMART_BANNER (screen width x 32|50|90)

Advertisement Event Handling (Callbacks)

Right now we have no way of determining the state of ads; if they have been loaded/clicked/viewed etc. This prohibits us from doing a lot of ad-related functionality that many popular games take advantage of, such as giving the user 'x' number of coins if they view a video interstitial. Admob and Chartboost both offer callback functionality:

Admob Callbacks

onAdLoaded()
onAdFailedToLoad(int errorCode)
onAdOpened()
onAdClosed()
onAdLeftApplication()

Chartboost Callbacks

shouldRequestInterstitial(String location)
shouldDisplayInterstitial(String location)
didDisplayInterstitial(String location)
didCacheInterstitial(String location)
didFailToLoadInterstitial(String location, CBImpressionError error)
didDismissInterstitial(String location)
didCloseInterstitial(String location)
didClickInterstitial(String location)

Edit: Also please support Reward Videos for Chartboost, as used by the most popular games on the markets.

Without this functionality I'm still inclined to use other platforms for numerous app ideas I have.
nickele upgraded
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 11:01
+1 to what xCept said! More control on ads, equals more monetization methods.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2016 08:00
Another +1 for finishing the Advert commands.
I'd also like to see all of the other commands sets completed. GameCentre, IAP, Facebook, Twitter, 2D Box Physics etc.

This may sound cynical but I get the impression that TGC only include the bare minimum of features for any given command set so that they can sell AppGameKit and claim that it supports GameCentre, Adverts etc. even though the command set is far from complete.
But I suppose there is only so much you can do when you have just one man trying to do everything.

I think that completing all of the partially complete features has to be the number one priority, however, I'm still going to request another new feature:
I'd love to be able to compile a function or functions and then #include the binary in Tier [whatever number the basic version is] . I'd like to be able to do that for the same reason that you would do it in C++
1. You don't have to recompile the same code every time
2. You can distribute your functions without have to give away your code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:33:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:33:19