Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.15d

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 14:46 Edited at: 11th Nov 2015 15:44
I've uploaded version 2.0.15d to the downloads area with the following changes

Physics now has ragdoll commands but they require models to be rigged in a special way, I want to take a look at this in future to see if we can make it easier to use.

Unfortunately we no longer support the iPad 1 as the minimum version of iOS is now 6.0 and the iPad 1 only went up to 5.1.1. This shouldn't affect any other devices.

Let me know what you find.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 15:02
Great stuff Paul! Looking forward to having a play with this over the weekend
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 15:04
Hi Paul,

thank you for all your work. I've just installed the update and wrote a post about crashes I'm experiencing. I would be grateful if you could take a look at this!

Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul, great job! The only issue I experienced so far comes up on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. If I put the running AppGameKit Player into the background and want to bring it back to the front, the device freezes and mostly I'm getting a black screen... Any idea? Didn't we had that before on earlier releases too?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 16:34
Thanks, fixed. Looks like I'll be uploading a new build soon!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 16:39
Quote: "Looks like I'll be uploading a new build soon!"
Great! Keep 'em coming!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul... could be possible a 3d Fog command?
Thanks!
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 17:47
Thanks for the new release! Looking forward to trying out some of the new stuff and I really appreciate the VS2015 libs being added.

I have been experiencing a gap in playback when looping using PlayMusic. Looping with PlaySound using the same file does fine. This problem was in the previous version as well. This is Tier 1 on Windows 7.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 17:48 Edited at: 30th Oct 2015 17:49
Quote: "could be possible a 3d Fog command?"

Not in this version, but it's on my list

Quote: "I have been experiencing a gap in playback when looping using PlayMusic"

Do you have an example I can test?
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 18:39
Here is a sample project with a short WAV music file.
The gap is short, but noticeable. I have checked the file with Goldwave and the gap does not appear to be in the file itself. I'm also assuming that it's not in the file since PlaySound loops correctly.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Really nice that you included VS2015 support

no one is still using ios5, so no one is going to miss that! Most ios devices are on 8 and 9, with a few still on 7 so with ios its always best to support the latest
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 21:11 Edited at: 30th Oct 2015 21:19
I cannot use the editor anymore ;( the font is totally messed up, its showing only squares... btw i am runnning AppGameKit on MacOS 10.10.5

Please help!
--
Mac

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Timshark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 21:40 Edited at: 30th Oct 2015 21:42
I have the same problem. The font is all squares. Tried to change the encoding in document-set encoding - with no luck

BTW: Im on mac - el capitan
I never want what I know.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know if the new AppGameKit T2 works with Android Studio?
Suji007
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Have updated AppGameKit to 2.0.15b.

Using Tier 2, I get the following errors:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'RagdollBone.h': No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Ragdoll.h': No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CharacterController.h': No such file or directory

It seems that these three header files do not exist in the \common\include folder, hence the error. They are not in any other folder in the AGKLibs directory either.

Will there be an update to fix this?

Thanks.
S G-K
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 23:35 Edited at: 31st Oct 2015 00:49
Quote: "I'm also assuming that it's not in the file since PlaySound loops correctly."

Thanks, I think it might be the DirectShow API we are using so I don't know if there is anything we can do about it.

Quote: "I cannot use the editor anymore ;( the font is totally messed up, its showing only squares"

Thanks, fixed.

Quote: "Does anyone know if the new AppGameKit T2 works with Android Studio?"

I installed Android Studio to take a look and it can import Eclipse projects. I tried it on the interpreter_android project and it appeared to work, but I ran out of time for including it in this version.

Quote: "It seems that these three header files do not exist in the \common\include folder"

Thanks, fixed.

Edit: Version 2.0.15b has now been uploaded to the downloads area to fix the problems mentioned above
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 00:59
Quote: "Updated iOS libraries to iOS 9 and XCode 7
Added Visual Studio 2015 lib and template"

Awesome! You guys really are rock stars.

I don't know if everyone understands just how hard it is to handle the cross-platform programming. And dealing with the vagaries of project stuff for other IDES (Xcode and VS).

Now I know what I will be working on this weekend.

Have you gotten the Android projects for Android Studio, yet? Or is that on the list of to-dos?
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 01:57
Quote: "Thanks, I think it might be the DirectShow API we are using so I don't know if there is anything we can do about it."

DirectShow is only used for the music and not sounds?

Right now I'm working around this by using Mono 22KHz WAVs and using PlaySound since it is seamless and this works on all systems.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 02:11
Quote: "Have you gotten the Android projects for Android Studio, yet?"

I imported the interpreter_android project and it seemed to work, but I ran out of time to include it in this build.

Quote: "DirectShow is only used for the music and not sounds?"

DirectShow will be used for any file played with PlayMusic, even if they are uncompressed WAV files. If you use PlaySound then it uses XAudio which doesn't seem to have the loop problem, but it can't play compressed files.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 02:20
Quote: "DirectShow will be used for any file played with PlayMusic, even if they are uncompressed WAV files. If you use PlaySound then it uses XAudio which doesn't seem to have the loop problem, but it can't play compressed files."

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, but I've also experienced that gap on Android, not just Windows. I haven't tested an Android build with 2.0.15b yet though, just 2.0.14.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 03:51
Thanks for these great updates Paul !

But ... can you fix the GetRawKeyState() command on Linux for long press ?
The command returns 1 when the key is pressed but returns 0 one second later even if we maintain the key down .... (and maybe on MacOS too, i don't have test it on my mac yet). But on Linux, it still doesn't Work since ... the beginning of the Linux Version i guess .

--------------
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 07:42
The gap on PlayMusic looping has always been like that. We have been struggling with it since the first AppGameKit release.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 10:15
Great update!
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 12:19 Edited at: 31st Oct 2015 16:06
Hi Paul,

thanks for providing the quick fix! I am still running into some issues, the first of which is non-textured objects. I'll provide screenshots to show what I mean:

When I turn off the 'ceiling-textures' in the example I provided, this is how AGK2 v2.0.14b displays the objects:

However, running the same code in AGK2 v2.0.15b results in this display:

Is there anything I must do to make the textures re-appear or is this a bug? Also, in my main project, I am still experiencing crashes once I delete and 're-instance' objects. I'll try to provide some demo code this weekend to demonstrate this behavior.
Timshark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 14:12
Paul, Great Work!

There seems to be a tiny quirk in the Ide. This has been there from the previous version, so it´s not new. And it´s not a major thing but if you end a loop structure on the same line in a function, the ide thinks the rest of the document belongs to this function, so when you fold that function, the ide folds the rest of the document.

Test the following and try to fold the first function:

The following code folds correct:

Tim
I never want what I know.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 16:43 Edited at: 31st Oct 2015 16:46
Quote: "can you fix the GetRawKeyState() command on Linux for long press ? "

That one doesn't look easy to fix, the OS is telling us the key was released when in fact it is being held, so I'd have to find some other way of detecting the key state.

Quote: "Is there anything I must do to make the textures re-appear or is this a bug?"

It looks like InstanceObject is using the wrong shader since it thinks it doesn't have any vertex data, I'll get that fixed for the next version. You might be able to work around it by adding a shader manually, but I'd recommend using CloneObject instead. InstanceObject is useful if the object is large and has a lot of vertex data, but for small objects it doesn't have much affect.

Quote: "if you end a loop structure on the same line in a function, the ide thinks the rest of the document belongs to this function, so when you fold that function, the ide folds the rest of the document."

Thanks, I'll see if I can fix that.
x3meblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 17:43
Please don't forget to update the player on Amazon!
I dunno how to install manually without hacking my Fire tablet..
AGK2 Tier 1 / GameGuru / DB PRO / ProMotion 6.5
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 20:25
The 3D command GetObjectInScreen() does not work anymore. It always returns 0.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 01:07
What happened to some of the light commands?

game.agc:37: error: "createlightdirectional" is not a recognised function or command
game.agc:38: error: "createlightpoint" is not a recognised function or command
Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 09:14 Edited at: 1st Nov 2015 09:15
Change CreateLightDirectional to SetSunDirection
and CreateLightPoint to CreatePointLight

et voila, it works

Just take a look at the updated docs. All the new commands are in there...

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/3D.htm
--
Mac
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 13:04 Edited at: 1st Nov 2015 13:07
@Paul,
first and foremost: thank you again for your hard work on this version of AGK2.

I've attached a new version of my test, that shows that both cloned and instanced objects make the program crash after a time. After running it, pressing [space] will cause random objects to be deleted or cloned/instanced. When the test is compiled/run from AGK2 v2.0.14b, it will run 'infinitely', whereas the test will crash after a short time when ran from AGK2 v2.015b.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Suji007
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Only a minor point, but in tier 2 the CreatieObjectBox only works if assigned to a variable:

The following won't work:

Both ways work in tier 1; just wondered why in c++ it was misbehaving.
S G-K
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 13:36
For me, there seems to be a problem with CloneObject in 15b as well.

This code

produces an exe that crashes. Take out the sync() from the first loop, and it works fine. Leave the sync() in, and it works fine in 14b.

Here are the details from the error message:

linuxluvuback
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello tgc folks,

what to do ?

i have linux,
i bought agk2 on steam,
I used to be able to use agkplayer and try on my phone tier-1-basic code,
what do I do now to get back to working?
I re downloaded steam-linux-agk2 and still have .13 version...
do I download demo agk2-linux from tgc site and I can work again ?

In the future, can you not break things like this, can you have the agk player on android still work with 1 back older version instead of leaving me sinking in ocean ?

Another question as a steam customer am I able to connect my products or steam to show I have bought something ?
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=welcome

Thanks,
Charles
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 19:12 Edited at: 1st Nov 2015 19:17
@MucMac

Thanks for your help!

I really think TGC should remove the documentation for the commands that are no longer part of the language, or they should put up a message saying they've been deprecated. If you notice, CreatePointLight is not in the docs, but rather CreateLightPoint is there still. There's also no SetSunDirection in the list of commands you've linked me to.
Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 19:20
@Paul
Quote: "I installed Android Studio to take a look and it can import Eclipse projects. I tried it on the interpreter_android project and it appeared to work, but I ran out of time for including it in this version. "

First off props on the update. As I understand you are the lone gunman on AGK2 which makes your work even more awesome to me. Even though it may be too much to ask for an Android Studio guide would be really awesome for us Tier 2 guys--for me at least. Thanks for all your work!
-mrradd-
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 01:31
I feel like we're back in the 90's when everything started going 3D! So cool to see AppGameKit maturing as it is
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 01:42
Suji007, when working in Tier 2, variables do not necessarily have a default value. You need to set the 'box' variable to some non-zero value (that hasn't already been used to create a box) when using the second form.

Tier 1 is much more forgiving of things and assigns zero to variables, at least sometimes.

If you are just getting started working with C++, keep in mind that it is fairly strict about things. It is also case sensitive (both for variables and function names).
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 08:46
I missed the note about the debugger being available off-line! I tried it out this morning and it is a thing of beauty! Cheers!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 16:36
Quote: "can you fix the GetRawKeyState() command on Linux for long press ?"

This has now been fixed.

Quote: "The 3D command GetObjectInScreen() does not work anymore. It always returns 0."

It has yet to be implemented, I'll see if I can get it in the next version.

Quote: "I've attached a new version of my test, that shows that both cloned and instanced objects make the program crash after a time."

Quote: "For me, there seems to be a problem with CloneObject in 15b as well."

Thanks, fixed.

Quote: "I used to be able to use agkplayer and try on my phone tier-1-basic code .. I re downloaded steam-linux-agk2 and still have .13 version"

The Android player on Google play is kept up to date with the latest version, in this case 2.0.15b. If you want to use it with an old version you will have to turn off auto updates for the player app in Google Play, or export the player from the IDE and install it manually.

Quote: " If you notice, CreatePointLight is not in the docs, but rather CreateLightPoint is there still. There's also no SetSunDirection in the list of commands you've linked me to."

The online files were updated on the 30th October and include the new light commands, perhaps the pages are being cached somewhere.

Quote: "As I understand you are the lone gunman on AGK2"

Yes, except for the 3D physics which were done by Frank (Stab In The Dark Software).
Suji007
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ancient Lady,

Thanks for responding. I'm not new to C++, having programmed some games already natively; I'm just getting used to using the command set defined by the AppGameKit library. It's documentation does show two methods for CreateObjectBox for Tier 2 so I assumed both should work, one of which is:

The above would suggest there being no need to assign a variable to the box, but in C++ this does look a little off. I wonder why the above method it is in the documentation if it can't be used.

Regards,
S G-K
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 21:00
@Suji007: It can be used. One method is used if you want the function to assign an object number for you, and the other is for when you want to use a specific value for your object. You are trying to use the specific value version without giving it a specific value that's all.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The above would suggest there being no need to assign a variable to the box"

The function prototype would only suggest that there is no need to initialize the variable if it was being passed by reference or passed by pointer reference. In this case it's being passed by value, so you would need to assign a value to it.

Alternatively you could use
in which case the function returns the objId value that was automatically assigned to the object.

Sean
east
Years of Service
User Offline
is it just me or backspace is not working on starttextinput in this version? I cannot delete a character on starttextinput. I am using android tier 2
Timshark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 10:19 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 13:59
Hi

Tweening characters does not seem to work in this or the previous version.

Nothing happens with the following code:

Tim
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 15:28
Quote: "Thanks, fixed."

@Paul, thanks... that was quick! I made another observation i'd like to comment on. Not sure if it is a bug or part of the way lights work in the new version:

In AGK2 v2.0.14b, without using any lights or shaders, textures are lit/colored the same way they are stored. The test looks like this:

However, in AGK2 v2.0.15b, the textures take on a darker tone. This is most noticeable in the 'ceiling'-textures:

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 15:33 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 15:35
Quote: "is it just me or backspace is not working on starttextinput in this version?"

Works here on a Nexus 7

Quote: "Tweening characters does not seem to work in this or the previous version."

Thanks, fixed for the next version

Quote: "In AGK2 v2.0.14b, without using any lights or shaders, textures are lit/colored the same way they are stored."

Yes, by default 2.0.14b had no lighting, whereas 2.0.15b has the sun, a single directional light, as the default lighting. To turn it off use SetSunActive(0) and it should go back to the way 2.0.14b was doing it.
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 17:44 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 17:45
Quote: "Yes, by default 2.0.14b had no lighting, whereas 2.0.15b has the sun, a single directional light, as the default lighting. To turn it off use SetSunActive(0) and it should go back to the way 2.0.14b was doing it."

@Paul: Right, thanks for making that clear!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 17:50
I forgot to consider that there is also ambient lighting by default, so your best bet is to use SetObjectLightMode(ID,0) to turn off all lighting for an object, this will also improve performance since it will generate a smaller shader.
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 12:39 Edited at: 5th Nov 2015 14:39
cant seem to load in my highscore table when broadcasting or when i run an APK on android, since upgrading to 2.0.15b. everything is fine when i run from ide

Have the http commands changed at all? anyone else having problems with this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 01:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 01:24:01