Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zelda: The Shadow Pyramid

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 08:36
lmao (^_^) Mmm... Slave Labour, yes... i mean i don't run those kinda illegal sweatshops producing darkbasic software

if you think and perhaps read about the forum a bit you may understand why August, if i said that i'd rather not show the software off as a downloadable program but as an interactive demonstration - would that tip anyone off?

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 12:31
i wouldn't get too excited about the bonus disk, its "ocarina of time:master quest" (in england at least), and it's just the same as ocarina of time but the puzzles have been done in different orders to make it harder (i think there may be a few new items too, but don't quote me on that)

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 12:52
The bonus disk is Ocarina of Time the complete game, but with nice hi-res polygonal graphics (Nice enough considering its one of the best games of all time ) and the Master Quest, which I haven't played much (till I complete WW) but you're right, appears to be pretty similar. Still, its an incredible freebie to be able top play this classic game, which many new users may not have experienced, for free

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 17:07
sic actually the game's original additions were the graphcis, on a platform where you use the same engine that seems kinda pointless... but there are about 4 extra dungeons and a few extra secrets to find

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 18:09
i cant be arsed to play ww any more, and i definitely cant be arsed with the others... i hate my GC... ne1 wanna buy a GC

uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine check it out. ill soon be formally opening it.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 22:45
"i cant be arsed to play ww any more, and i definitely cant be arsed with the others... i hate my GC... ne1 wanna buy a GC "

If you can't cope with WW or found it too difficult (likely the case), then I suspect the problem is with you, not the game. Even PS2/XBOX fanboys whom I know have had to admit how good Zelda is.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 23:58
the image never shows up

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:22
it's been taken down...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 05:38
i cant see any of the screenies...

Quote from my brother:
Quote: " Patience is a virtue... I know that but how does that help me? "

http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 13:40
I... WHAT DID I JUST SAY???
lol

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 17:40
yup all the screenies were taken down ... was suppose to be temp whilst i cleaned out the ftp - however i seem to have lost them, i'm not even sure which country i was in when i took them down let alone which machine so you'll just have to wait until i finish the new media - i mean August when the demo will be ready (and the slight erm legal thingie with Big-N)

that aside, someone wants to sell thier GC? ya know my brother was looking to buy one but doesn't wanna pay £130 for it with Zelda-TWW understandable when he only makes about that per week and has to pay for college and such (whilst i've been broke he's had to learn the value of a £ lol)

though anyone who can't complete TWW, shame on you its definately the easiest of the Zeldas yet - Mask of Majora was a very difficult one because you had to figure out time back'n'forth, kinda confused me a little ... although you had to love the MGS style having to get past the guards in the swap hehee, such a blatent ripp-off but i don't think many people noticed

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 18:57 Edited at: 24th May 2003 18:58
"ya know my brother was looking to buy one but doesn't wanna pay £130 for it with Zelda-TWW understandable when he only makes about that per week and has to pay for college and such (whilst i've been broke he's had to learn the value of a £ lol)"

No, that isn't understandable. Especially as he could have brought one for £80 a month or two ago. Nobody is selling a GC for much less than £100.

I paid for my GC, and it sure hit my account hard, but boy was it worth it.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 19:10
well he can get the GC and Zelda-TWW w/Limited Edition at Game for £130 - but he just can't afford that, and not really any point in buying a console on its own just to look at is there

right now about the only thing my bro isn't paying rent (though i doubt i'd charge him even he could),lecky & gas because i'm still paying that, but everything else - like Phone/Food/Clothes/Petrol/etc... he has to get all on his own from a meager paycheck - i mean i'll admit the GC is bloody good, but enough to miss out on a meal for? anyone who thinks like that has thier priorities wrong

i'm sure Rob in a year or two when you have to pay for everything from the same paycheck that a 16hr deadend pay you'll be wondering how the hell your gonna survive let alone what the best new game is ... not to mention he lives around london, is hardly cheap.
It's pretty remarkable that he's been able to keep himself going as well as he has - just wonder how he'll fair come december when he realises how much his cars insurance is hehee

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 19:44
"really any point in buying a console on its own just to look at is there"

But the boot menu on a GC is SOOO Cool

"just wonder how he'll fair come december when he realises how much his cars insurance is hehee"

I got a quote for insuring a 20-year old 50cc bike a few weeks ago - £360 /year! - In which case I feel really sorry for anyone in the 18-21 age bracket trying to get a car.

"i'm sure Rob in a year or two when you have to pay for everything from the same paycheck that a 16hr deadend pay you'll be wondering how the hell your gonna survive "

Well, I have to admit, I am pretty lucky as far as that goes, but I take your point.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 20:23
I think the most difficult Zelda game was Zelda 2 : Link's Adventure, that game took 3 solid months to beat.

Hell, I thought this thread was dead, glad to see it's still going.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 21:11
rob k you know sweet FA... i have a habit of finishing games the day i get them and taking them back as 'unwanted gifts', so bollox its me. Like raven said.. WW IS very easy, i just got bored of that style of game... ive played it for an overall 2 hours i think... seems a waste, but that too bad, i didnt like it. i only play FPS or RTS now.

Phew... sorry about that, im very sensitive when someone questions my gaming ability, most people are quite impressed by how quickly i complete games, too bad i just didnt like that one.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 21:21
"WW IS very easy, i just got bored of that style of game"

... but YOU were the one who got stuck and asked for help IIRC?

What other GC games do you have?

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 00:23 Edited at: 25th May 2003 00:25
WW is very easy but also a good game. Its dissappointing tho, very short, also feels rushed towards the end, and I keep noticing little graphical and game play glitches. Its still great fun tho and one of the best games I've played recently

I think £130 is a fair price but still for a young person makin it on his/her own on a young persons living wage its not to be sniffed at... Oh and the places selling GC for £80 are all out of stock and not replenishing near me Plus still once he paid £35-45 for the game its not that much cheaper, still a hefty sum to play just the one game.

That said I love my GC, PS2 an (to a lesser extent) Xbox. Its just that buying the latest machines can prove costly (I have bought every console released in this country to my knowledge since 1987 )

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 00:38
really as much as £45 for the GC near you? wow, the crap games seem to be £25 here and the best ones £35 - seems to be priced very closely to PC games, was the most major point that endeered me to the GC in the first place ... i mean got myself one of the Panasonic GC's after a little tiff with my girl at the time and watching my first GC be helped in a flying lesson through my cars windshield - annoyingly i was trying to play Starfox at the time, they never seem to care though (bloody women )

the price is good, and he probably is saving - i wouldn't know i barely talk to him or rather he barely talks. However i was the one who paid for his car insurance, i know he's suddenly gonna hate his car when he finds out what group he's in to be honest i don't think he even earns it within a year lol
:: walks off whistling ::

don't worry this game is getting done, slowly mainly cause of other commitments - i've been toying with the physics system cause of the soapbox race, makes it a bit more interesting now hehee

can't believe it'll only be here in like 2months time, imagine that.
ho hum

Cash Curtis III
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 15:56
images never work

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 20:02
He explained that already

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 12:02
I cant see the screenshots...

Heh... Mule...
http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 16:11
Ok that last post was a joke, right? *Argh*

And yes, unf, shops here start range between £35 and £45 here for a brand new chart game. Older or rubbish games are cheaper obv, but I haven't seen Zelda for less than £35

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 04:48
really? odd its in the local game(s) (there are 3 within 200ft of each other, don't ask me why) for £35 well i say its in, but you'll be lucky to get a copy. What i don't understand was the bonus disc was limited edition right?

so how come my bro says he's restocked the game from new deliveries several times since release? ... seems weird.
but then i don't care, but i should have some new screenies sooner than i thought - no word on how soon that would be though, maybe tommorrow, maybe July who knows

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 01:45
weeeee

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 02:46
rob k: yeah but i was asking for help over a pretty stupid thing... it was hardly tricky... just my complex mathematical mind couldnt handle its simplicity

I have no other games for GC... as a matter of fact the day after that post i sold my GC and boutght an x-box with live... much better, and the new controller is actually quite nice

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 16:20
lol... the XBox controller is horrible compaired to the GC one, its not even as nice as the Sidewinder on the PC - which is still one of the worst controllers around.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 02:34
the new x-box controller s isnt bad... the only thing i have against it is on mtot gp when i turn a hard left i press the start button. very annoying. but anyway theres more to a console than its controaller as i realised as i finally got over my 10 year devotion to nintendo and bought a different console... im quite glad about it... leaves me open to by all the new consoles.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 08:59
Once I played Quest 64, my Nintendo only stance dropped like Jacko's pants at a 10 yr old's birthday party. I went back to the store, demaned my money back, went to Funco Land, and bought a PS1 and FF7.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 10:21
personally i don't think any of the other consoles even match close to the GameCube ... its just Nintendo's blatently f**ked up business sense which has kept some truely awesome games from being marketed on it.
There is a quality pokémon mmorpg in japan at the moment which'll never see the light of day in the western hemisphere simply because Nintendo don't want to setup an online service like X-Box Live! or Sony Online Entertainment ... still i hope to god this new CEO is going to chance alot of the stupid bull the old one did, suchas ONLY allowing developers with over 5years of solid titles be allowed to develop for it - i mean c'mon that it just purely insane, especially after they signed away thier biggest bloody asset Rareware Ltd!!

The console itself can stand its own, with a fantastic controler & far quicker loading speeds ... plus i've not seen a single game slow down on it yet, and its alot quieter than the others, ever played an actual DvD game on the X-Box yet - haha
"Wiirrrhhhh-BUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" and it takes off around the living room

it is a pitty when a good company is run by fools though

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 13:30
I'm in agreement with Raven on something! Aggh noooo......

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 00:49
i agree too. the CONSOLE and CONTROLLER is very nice. However you'd have to be pretty sad to sit there stroking your console or holding the controller, and thats probably more fun to do that playing most of the games on it. Of course there are always exceptions, just not enough of them.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 01:00
Gamecube is bloody amazing. I don't know why you're going on about N64... it's old and you apparently judged it on ONE FIRST GEN game (that just happened to be crappy).
How smart can you get?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 03:27
technically was the first gen of Nintendo's 3D Machines
i love the N64
:: comic book guy's voice :: Best Console E-ver!
it might be in the past now to some but to me the N64 is about as in the past as the NES is or my Amstrad CPC464 is ... just because i get a new machine doesn't automatically mean i throw the old one out like most people.

Just because i like the cutting edge doesn't mean i automatically turn my back on the roots which have spawed this new generation, and anyone who does really is quite a shallow person underneath arn't they.

It's like everyone buying an XBox or PS2 right now who've never owned a console before in thier life ... odd's on they only bought them because they seems the coolest of the consoles, or all of thier mates have them. It might seem off, but the Ninty crowd in general is usually made up of loyal fans of the console. I mean without the sheer loyalty of the Nintendo fans, the N64 would've just died on its arse completely. So many people i know bought the console when it was first released because it was the most powerful, but then realised it was pretty expensive for everything and traded it in for a PSx.

i think you ask any Big-N owner from since the NES if there was any doubt they'd of got a GameCube, there wouldn't be any - and really the GC is the reward that the fans derserved after the N64. Hopefully it'll be an even bigger reward when we start getting similar big name released though ... lets hope that "under new management" sign actually means there is a change a-commin' eh

SS1k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 07:41 Edited at: 11th Jun 2003 07:44
Ya, the old Gamecube Development polocy sucks! The GBA to GC interconcetivity alone is enough for 3rd party developers to hop the bandwagon and invent some pritty good stuff. I am one of the.

But, who knows? As long as someone is making videogames and I have something to run them on, I am game! [b])

P.S. Also, the X-Box and the PS2 have its own major flaws as well, flaws that I hope to correct one day. The PS2 has that "a few winners, a whole lot of lossers" kind of thing with its titles. It seems no one uses all of the exclusive X-Box features, and all they do is up the polygon count. Its so lame! Comon developers, you can do better than that!

.:SIDEP0CKET:.
:..>Mind is Thought
:..>Play is Fun
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:37
how far r u? can we download it anywear?

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 22:03
:: rubs his temples ::
someone else explain to the newbie please

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 23:45
nm

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 00:14 Edited at: 25th Jun 2003 00:16
nm

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 17:11
How far r u in the creation of the game?

And r there any screenshots, it really helps if there r screenshots.

Keep up the hard work, look forward to seeing it complete, I love Zelda, I think its the greatest RPG made, though to be honest I haven't played FF.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 17:13
Zelda isn't an RPG, honestly how many time have I said this, 12?

WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 22:31
Ok arrow, let me correct myself,
instead of 'i think zelda is the greatest RPG', it should've been 'i think zelda is the greatest game there is'
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 22:43
Zelda is an RPG, and i've also explained quite lengthy why it is... however it isn't the same kinda of RPG as Final Fantasy.
Every Genre has a subgenre...

Quake2 is an FPS... Quake3 is an Multipler->FPS, not a full FPS on its own because of the setup.
i'd really suggest if you wanna argue about genres do it with the groups that assign game thier genre types in the publishers rather than within a tiney community.

yes there are some screenies comming soon

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:31
Zelda is defined as an "action adventure". RPG's have the habit of being absolutely loaded with stats, which is something that is missing from zelda, even with the slight powerups of the weapons and in some games the defence items.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 02:58
Zelda-OoT & Zelda-MoM both are labeled Adventure RPG

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 03:20
Adventures and RPGs are almost identical, but there are some small diffreraces, mainly the amount of diologe. RPGs are longer and more drawn out while Avdventures are good for a quick fix. It nice to have them seperate, Dark Cloud 2 tries to add more diologe than needed for an Adventure game and it becomes corny.

Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 06:47
You have to admit that the cell shaded graphics on WW were kinda hard to get over. Just added to the GC kiddy image and it made the gameplay annoying. The only really good cel shaded game was Jet Set Radio.

Home is where the heart is, on the bus! (-gj Gillete Cavalcade of sports)
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 09:54
In my opinion (though off topic), I've yet to see a decent example of what cel shading was created for: to create the illusion that what you're seeing is a 2D sprite insted of a overly high polygon model. Untill the day comes where I mistake a video of gameplay graphics as an tradition 2D animation cut scene, cel shading will only turn off possible consumers.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 01:01
actually i like the Cell Shading in that new UbiSoft game "Seven" or something like that ... and in the Hulk its pretty cool ... and i was impressed with the final result of Zelda-TWW

but still nothing on what the original devw as going to be, if it is used properly then it can be bloody good - unfortunately people who understand howto use it are few and far between.

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
I never got into the zelda games, but the cell shadding I saw while my friend was playing it...I just at first thought that it was a CHEAP game. I mean, Nintendo was able to crank out a nice 3D one that looked so much better. Why this? Lol..Oh well. I guess I have no reason to argue, I don't even have a Game Cube.

~Morph/Kanzure

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:51:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:51:25