Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Riker 9 FPSC Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 23:38
I will try and add that in tonight and let you know how it goes. If you can post a map with the sample room of it, that would be great.

-This...is my boomstick!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
sound great keep up the good work cellbloc

Thanks
Adam
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 04:53
Yes, just the exe. Thanks!

Work Hard. Do Your Best. Share The Glory. Do It Again.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 05:12
Release... now... or at least some screenies of the new features you're working on!

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 16:44 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2005 16:45
Please remember that I am doing this in my spare time with no funding just for the love of doing it.

Demanding me to release it after I have stated time and time again that I will not release it until 5.9 is out of BETA is just...

I cannot believe what type of person you are. I can do without people such as you.

Don't worry people, as mad as I am right now after reading the above post, I'm not going to let one bad apple ruin the entire barrel.

-This...is my boomstick!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 20:47
You have to look over him, he is evil after all.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 20:53
Thanks LIT, I needed that. Nothing like devoting 80+ hours so far to make something better for everyone free and then having some $#$#@ demand that I "Release... now..." just took me the wrong way.

-This...is my boomstick!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 04:15
Cell Bloc... I was going to post the source on this one, but I can't seem to find the main input (and from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be one)

But is there a way to add in a way to block all input, so that you can mash the keyboard without affecting the plr in game?

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
In Riker 9, will there be a way to have entities shoot each other?
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 21:04
is there gonna be allies?

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, CONKER!!!
Origin
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanna say something to cellblock...

Take your time... Better late than never!!

Regards,
John

"if you=n00b then askForHelp()=ok
else askForHelp()!=ok"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 22:45 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2005 22:47
i think you need to rethink your statement. hes not in any violation of any of that.
hes not makeing 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code
hes not makeing a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine
hes not makeing a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it even though he could.

so what are you talking about?

plus he is working with tgc on this update, even though its not officiaally endorsed. (i think...i hope im right)

number 2 says you cant make game creation software. hes not. hes redoing the game engine for use with the FPSC editor.

plus...its not free to anyone that has dbpro...only the engine is...not the editor...

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, TGC has given rights to everyone that they may give away the source, just not A) Sell it, B) Make a game with it, and C) something else.

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 23:21 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2005 23:21
mods dont tend to read this forum. but the code that was released was the engine code.

IT IS NOT GAME CREATION SOFTWARE.

that would be if he mad a program like fpsc, a point and click game maker, and use dthe engine to rn the game...

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 23:49
uh why would any one care if he doesnt SELL it?

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 00:38 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 00:41
He is NOT making game creation software. This isn't a new point and click system to replace FPSC. It is FPSC's engine, and you NEED FPSC to make games for it. Think of it as a 3rd Party Expansion for FPSC. It isn't suposed to be a new engine or game creation software. Just a little expansion.

P.S. Cellblock, did you forget to send me the exe? Or just haven't gotten around to it?

EDIT: And by engine, I mean the part that plays the game. Not the editor.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 00:43
Cellblock, Im just wondering one thing. Last time You wrote to me and You told Me that "You just wanted to help!" and now We are enemys or something??? Excuse Me but have I done something to You? You are talking about "long lost friend", I have never been Your friend as far as I now! But whats Your problem? You started to being rude to Me before I wrote "Dont answer My questions again" so tell Me, whats the real reason for being angry at Me?

Please answer this and forget about "Please dont answer....."

Trust everyone...
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 00:50
Ugg....Conjured Entertainment, I'm NOT agreeing with you. I think it's fine if he compiles it. DLLs for DBPro aren't given in to you in C++ so you are left to compile it with a $300 program, are they? Now, I know DBPro is only about $80 or whatever, and I have it, but I think it is best if he can compile it. Are you seeing what I am saying?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 00:58
Argg.

Why don't you just e-mail TGC about it? Then we'll see.

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 01:38 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 01:42
He's simply compliling a new .exe of the engine that runs our games. We replace the existing .exe with it. It does nothing without the editor. Its essentially a player not game creation software. The editor is game creation software.
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 01:49
Just thought I'd toss out a simple point.

One would think that with ALL this talk about Riker 9 (I mean even the name is in this Title of this Message) that those higher up (TGC) would have seen this by now. That said, I would also think that if this was gonna be a issue, they (TGC) would have set the rules straight.

I'm in no way saying that just because nothing has been said thus far that this makes it right, but rather just my two cents...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Right then my turn to make a point and just out of interest Conjured Entertainment what the hell are you on about fat nurses for, are you mentally disturbed or are you just trying to make us all believe you are. Lets look at the licence agreement that you QUOTED:
Quote: "
rem Used Under Public License:
rem 1. You CANNOT make 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code
rem 2. You CANNOT make a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine
rem 3. You CAN make a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it
"

Right lets look over it

1. Is he making 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code – NO – that would mean you could make games with just this tool and nothing else would be needed

2. Is he make a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine – NO - he is making an engine but not for the purpose of selling it

3. Is he making a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it – NO – Even though he could if he wanted to

Well that just about clears that up Cellbloc’s Riker 9 project is in no way breaking the licence agreement

Thanks
Adam
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:05 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 02:10
god you really are an ass, btw nurse nt funny and 4 jks u dnt need a 3 digit iq so what the hell is that all about , and what i am saying like many other are trying to tell you is that riker 9 is not game creation software it is a game engine that compiles and runs the game you create using FPSC it is nothing without FPSC if it could make games without FPSC then sure its game creation software but you need to use FPSC to makes games thus it is not riker 9 that is the creation software it is FPSC and btw how exactly is riker 9 risking TGC business people have to buy FPSC for riker 9 to be of any use and more people will buy it knowing it has the new features that riker 9 provides

Thanks
Adam
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:16 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 02:24
TGC will make more money off FPSC then ever before becasue they can advertise the free extensions avalible for it so why would they have a problem with it. ok im sorry i called you mental I found your "joke" inappropriate. What im saying is its not in violation of the agreement becasue you cant make games with just riker 9 you still need FPSC the only threat to TGC is if somone made a new editor for the engine aswell and then release that for free as it could be used to make games without FPSC but riker 9 needs you to use FPSC to make your games so it isnt the game creation software just the engine used to compile your creation. Just to be clear I know what you mean when you say its what creates the game (builds) but it cannot do that untill the game has been created with FPSC editor which means it cannot be classed as game creation software by itself just as an engine which is not for the purpose of being sold

Thanks
Adam
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:29 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 02:34
Quote: "RIKER 9 is game creation software itself WITHOUT FPSC!"

So your telling me if i gave you riker 9 you could make a game with it on its own... i have to say that would be inpressive, we will have to ask cellbloc if you can try that. And by the way riker 9's purpose is to compile more advanced versions of the games you make using FPSC but you would already know that having a 3 digit iq wouldnt you, you dont get it do you the point of giving us the code is to improve game we make using FPSC theres nothing wrong with using it as an upgrade for FPSC if its free thus letting us release it as a game engine for free but if we use it with a different editor and release that thats violation because that makes it a game creation package

Thanks
Adam
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:35 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 02:37
Lets take a quick look at the general definitions, shall we?

Game Creation Software - Software that allows the user to create games.

Now, FPSC does that. Riker 9 is an engine that runs them. Ta-Da.

EDIT: Also, Riker 9 doesn't make games on its own. YOU NEED FPSC FOR THAT

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
you know im begining to think asking a member of TGC to repeat this to Conjured Entertainment would be a pretty gd idea this is just messing up the board

Thanks
Adam
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
I tell what you what "friend" thanks for the warning now leaves us to meet our fate because to be quite honest i dont see the point of arguing with you anymore just leave this board dont bother posting again if your right well done you can add a golden sticker to you little collection but otherwise no1 on here wants you to say anymore on the topic so thank you for the advice now chose another board to offer your services to

Thanks
Adam
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 02:47
Finally

Anyway, I heard a bit back on the posts something about enemies chasing and killing one another, yes? How exactly is it controlled? I imagine new scripting commands, which would be awsome!

P.S. Don't forget my Exe

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 05:13 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 05:13
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 05:53 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 05:54
@Conjured Entertainment, first off, we're tired of your posts. Second, here ya go. Thanks to Lon
By Richard Davey:
Quote: "Yes, you can do exactly that.

There are other possibilities too - for example you could create a new particle entity, which the modified game exe then handles.

There's no getting away from it - the game engine source is very large and quite complex. Don't expect a line-by-line break down or anything But if you're a competent programmer it's an option certainly. And yes people could then share their modified exes with the rest of the community.
"

Tu-Da.

Radical Brad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 07:22
Thank you for all your hard work.

Radical Brad

"If I would have know I would live this long, I would have taken better care of my self."
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 09:08
Lon posted this link... look-up

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62081&b=21

Which is were Conner94 got the quote.
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 09:35
I agree that a direct answer would be best

I do find this funny...

Q: Will there be a way to edit my FPS Creator game in DarkBASIC Professional?

A: Yes. While FPS Creator itself will not generate any DarkBASIC Professional source code, we have released the entire source to the game engine part of FPS Creator free of charge to the community. This means that with the full version of DarkBASIC Professional, Upgrade 5.9 (or later) and the Enhancements Pack, you can modify and recompile the game engine source code as you wish. You are free to sell on whatever changes you make.

http://www.fpscreator.com/faq_future.html

Seems to go against the license agreement, does it not?

Anyway, lets wait and see.

Mark
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 09:57
Not sure I agree,

"you can modify and recompile the game engine source code as you wish. You are free to sell on whatever changes you make".

If you modify the source and then recompile the source what does that leave you with?

As To;

You are free to sell on whatever changes you make".

If this was like two or three sentences away from this
"you can modify and recompile the game engine source code as you wish." I could see a problem, but when you place it like it is...well it implies that if you modify and recompile the game engine source code as you wish. You are free to sell on whatever changes you make".

Mark

So hows the weather been? It's getting chill here in SoCal.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:06
i have nothing against you conjured entertainment...but...

THE GAME ENGINE IS NOT GAME CREATION SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS THE GAME...

game creation software is FPSC itself. when you build a game, it copies your files, and the engine into a new folder.

Keyword=COPIES....it does not CREATE anything.

again, i dont intend this to be rude at all....but you are wrong.

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:11
Ok, call me thick, but if you modify the source and then recompile the source what does that leave you with?
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:17
the game engine IS your game.

and yes...tgc really needs to post on this one.

but tell me....if this is so "wrong" according to TGC...then why are they making specific changes in the editor to prepare for Riker 9's release?

and why would he constantly contact raven?...wouldent he say something if it was wrong?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:21 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 10:22
hey, were all obviously on at the same time and just waiting for eachother to post...lets disguss this...

http://www.rastaworld.com/chat

(thanks rasta)

ok?? i will be on there right now waiting for you guys...

[edit]

dang...its down...NVM...sorry for double posting...

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:25 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 10:27
That's my point. If I modify the source and then recompile. I can freely sell (well so says the FAQ) then comes the rub or the License Agreement which says Not So! Can you say catch 22.

Anyway just my 2 cents... Back to game building I go....

Edit; Dang I've sit at Rasta's chat for the past few days, but no one ever showed up and now it's down... Oh well!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:26
raven does work for tgc...

havent you seen him always in the bug reports?

and cellbloc told me in an Instant message that he contacted mike about the editor...(i think it was mike)

i dont think TGC is going to post here...because they hardly ever are on the forums...exept for raven...

but i guess this argument will continue untill a DEV or ADMIN posts here...

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:42
First off, I did read every thread in this post, secondly I'm not against you or anyone else here. I just pointed to the FAQ vs The License Agreement and Yes I agree that this should be answered by TGC Admin, but as I said before, this is one really hot topic and has been for some time now, I can't see that Riker 9 has NOT been seen by TGC yet.

Mark

[font=Arial]If not for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!
[/font]
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:43
i have read all of your posts...and i have DBPRO...

but look at this:

Quote: "Q: Does the "no royalty" license include games created by modifying the game engine source code you've released?
A: Yes. There is only one restriction regarding the game engine source code - and that is you cannot use it to create another "Game Making" type of application. But other than that, you can do whatever you like. "

that can be found here:

http://www.fpscreator.com/faq_license.html

if the game engine IS a game creation software like you say...then it would be violating the license to compile it at all...

any changes you make would be "making another "Game Making" type of application"

right?

i hope you see my point...

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:47
"But a TGC ADMIN is the only one who can convince me that I'm wrong about this."

nuff said

G-Nite Conjured...

Mark

If not for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:50 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 10:52
Well, talk about a debate! I'm not surprised Cellbloc hasn't replied - he can't fit a single word in between you guys! TGC would have stated Riker 9 is a violation if it was. I will admit, I couldn't drudge on reading every word in this thread, so I may be behind. But my point is that you can't make a game with Riker 9. You can use it in conjunction. Cellbloc isn't even selling it anyway, so who gives a crap? You guys really are posting about three posts a minute, gotta be a record!

Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:53
ya... added 2 pages to this thread in like an hour...

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:55 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 11:07
Yeah, sorry about that. I simply couldn't read that hours posts in less that 7 hours.... that, and I just realised that I skipped a page (I was reading page six)

Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:58
what are all of us game develpoers doing up so late anyway?

isnt it a school/work night? i mean for you guys...

im in florida and we have a hurricane right now...and its roaring so i cant really go to sleep...

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 11:04
I'm officially retired now, so I'm free to work/play when ever the feeling hits me.

Mark

If not for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 11:04
i really wish rastamans chat was up right now...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:46:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:46:04